Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That was horrible 22:33 - Mar 26 with 1823 viewsRhonddaSwans

Fair play to the lads !

This has got to be pages last game.

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

That was horrible on 19:36 - Mar 27 with 347 viewspencoedjack

That was horrible on 15:44 - Mar 27 by bennytheblue

Yeah Ramsey should definitely have come on just for the pens, what was he even there for if he couldn’t even come on to take a pen? I saw that conversation as you said, if they didn’t practice pens before then it’s scandalous. Time for a change eh.

Aye cos Ramsey has proved he can convert penalties when the pressure is on.

Not often I agree with Builth but taking off Johnson & leaving on Moore summed up the tactical nous of our international manager who was deemed not good enough for Port Vale & Northampton.

Anyway back to the important stuff.
That was horrible on 19:43 - Mar 27 with 332 viewsRhonddaSwans

That was horrible on 19:36 - Mar 27 by pencoedjack

Not often I agree with Builth but taking off Johnson & leaving on Moore summed up the tactical nous of our international manager who was deemed not good enough for Port Vale & Northampton.

The FA has announced that Rob page is to stay on as wales manager 😡

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

That was horrible on 19:46 - Mar 27 with 326 viewstheloneranger

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse ...

"Williams said: "The FAW can confirm Rob Page is their manager for the forthcoming campaign in accordance with his contract."

"Rob is the manager. His contract runs to the end of the World Cup and that is how we continue to work."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68675626

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

That was horrible on 20:02 - Mar 27 with 302 viewsWhiterockin

That was horrible on 19:46 - Mar 27 by theloneranger

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse ...

"Williams said: "The FAW can confirm Rob Page is their manager for the forthcoming campaign in accordance with his contract."

"Rob is the manager. His contract runs to the end of the World Cup and that is how we continue to work."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68675626

Oh well that's another tournament we won't qualify for.
That was horrible on 20:03 - Mar 27 with 297 viewsonehunglow

That was horrible on 19:36 - Mar 27 by pencoedjack

Indeed
Two wins this weekend and the sun shines again

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

That was horrible on 21:18 - Mar 27 with 233 viewsbuilthjack

That was horrible on 08:24 - Mar 27 by angryjack

Appararantly he wasn't well and put him on and backfired should have taken a centre half off and gone back 4,and an extra midfielder or forward and gone for it,especially when Roberts got injured he put Dan james wing back,would have been better going to a back 4 putting a right back on and leaving James further up as an orthodox winger..his tactics are dreadful

Neco could have gone to right back, Ben to left back.
It was quite simple but Page couldn’t think of that.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

That was horrible on 21:56 - Mar 27 with 200 viewsReslovenSwan1

That was horrible on 21:18 - Mar 27 by builthjack

Neco could have gone to right back, Ben to left back.
It was quite simple but Page couldn’t think of that.

He showed the Poles too much respect. They also respected Wales and there were very few chances. Poland were the away team.

Wise sage since Toshack era

That was horrible on 22:03 - Mar 27 with 194 viewsmajorraglan

Was there last night and I am very disappointed, only now coming on to the board and starting to read the comments.
I was surprised to see Moore start, but he can be an effective outlet and always gives 100%. Last night he often found himself isolated and marked by more than 1 player, he was often isolated and his flicks and knock downs weren’t picked up by his teams mates because he was on his own.
There were times we had the upper hand and there were times the Poles had the upper hand, but towards the end we were fading fast and their fresh legs was allowing them to dominate, Page should have been more positive and made changes to try and shift the momentum. Why he didn’t I make the changes I’m unsure, was it because he didn’t want to disrupt the team set up? Whatever the rationale for his decisions it allowed them to dictate things.

Moore was knackered towards the end of the game and he wasn’t getting a great deal out of the ref, I’d have taken him off and gone with real gas up front Dan James working with Brennan Johnson. Brooks had a big game last week, but if he wasn’t fit he shouldn’t have come on. Page probably hoped he’d make an impact and maybe grab a goal, but once it went to extra time - which it always looked like it could he was spent. I thought the decision to put Dan James in the wing back position was a mistake and I as has been said bringing the Ipswich lad on with Moore was also in my opinion a bad call. Rabbi Matonfo is rapid and with Johnson and James up front that could have given the Polish defence a torrid time.

I’ve never been convinced by Page, I warmed to him after the Croatia match but he’s regressed again.

Before the game started I thought it would go pens and that’s the way it turned out. I’ve not seen any footage of the game, the pens etc so can’t comment on Ward, James and can only say what I saw on the night. Ref gave them everything, crowd were great and on another night, fine margins we could have won.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024