Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is yet another reason why this country is doomed 09:10 - Mar 30 with 1833 viewsBoundy

What ever your views on the Union flag this has to be the beginning of the end of the UK as a nation, to have to pander to a minority in case it offends is beyond parody.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/starmer-faces-labour-unease-over-use-of-un

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 09:43 - Mar 30 with 1077 viewsDr_Winston

For the most part, other than your typical race baiters like Lammy and Abbott, or fruitcake nationalists like Kilks, I doubt most "minorities" care all that much one way or another.

A hell of a lot of ill feeling seems to get stirred up by left wing white people on behalf of the minorities they think should be offended by the same things that they are.

As I've said previously, Labour seem to think that all "minorities" are their fiefdom to do with as they please, who will think the way they do. Whereas Mr & Mrs Begum, pulling 120 hours a week between them in the family business whilst putting three kids through University will no doubt look at some of the shenanigans that goes in in the party and wonder precisely what it is they're supposed to be offering them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 09:50 - Mar 30 with 1070 viewsGwyn737

Apologies - down arrowed by mistake 🙏

I’d say my relationship with the Union Jack is complicated. I’m not saying I’m right, probably just a product of my growing up and environment.

For me, born and brought up in Wales, I was taught that this wasn’t my flag. This was England’s flag. An example of imperialism and oppression.

As I got older my opinion altered, mainly down to mates in the forces who have a very different relationship with it.

Now as I approach middle age, for me the flag presents a further issue. Whether we like it of not it’s been co-opted by the far right. That’s a problem.

So now I’m left leaving those who want to enjoy it. It still doesn’t feel like my flag mind.

Maybe if they stuck a big red dragon in the middle of I could be persuaded 😉
[Post edited 30 Mar 9:53]
This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 12:26 - Mar 30 with 1008 viewsLuther27

I’m struggling to understand the term ethnic minorities who are a majority in large areas. Integration appears to be a word Labour have trouble understanding.
This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 13:09 - Mar 30 with 979 views1983

And last time I looked it was called Great Britian not Britian...

This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 13:29 - Mar 30 with 955 viewsSullutaCreturned

So the flag of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is a problem to some people who hope to win the election to be the government of Great Britain and Noerthern Ireland?

Nothing bonkers there then
This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 14:56 - Mar 30 with 917 viewsonehunglow

This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 09:50 - Mar 30 by Gwyn737

Apologies - down arrowed by mistake 🙏

I’d say my relationship with the Union Jack is complicated. I’m not saying I’m right, probably just a product of my growing up and environment.

For me, born and brought up in Wales, I was taught that this wasn’t my flag. This was England’s flag. An example of imperialism and oppression.

As I got older my opinion altered, mainly down to mates in the forces who have a very different relationship with it.

Now as I approach middle age, for me the flag presents a further issue. Whether we like it of not it’s been co-opted by the far right. That’s a problem.

So now I’m left leaving those who want to enjoy it. It still doesn’t feel like my flag mind.

Maybe if they stuck a big red dragon in the middle of I could be persuaded 😉
[Post edited 30 Mar 9:53]

People die because of flags
Killing cloths

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 15:18 - Mar 30 with 898 viewsWingstandwood

This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 12:26 - Mar 30 by Luther27

I’m struggling to understand the term ethnic minorities who are a majority in large areas. Integration appears to be a word Labour have trouble understanding.

Aye, apparently pointing out segregated communities, lack of integration and stating that "multiculturalism has failed" makes someone like Suella Braverman a racial bigot apparently.

And there are many area's within the U.K that have shocking divides based upon religious lines whether that be area's of Northern Ireland (Crossmaglen spot the Protestant hey! ) or elsewhere ooop North or certain parts of London etc.

So the gist is? The Union Jack is racist....Statues of historical figures are racist....European Christianity is racist....Asking where someone is from is racist....Wearing the wrong kind of clothing or having the wrong kind of hairstyle is racist....And calling someone black, who happens to be black is racist, and saying (Robin Di Angelo doctrine) you are not racist is a sign of being a racist also.

And speaking the undeniable proven truth, not using psychobabble and sh1t mind reading skills whilst thinking more like a 'grown-up' as opposed to a lefty-loon student activist rabble rouser or race baiter? That's being a racist also!!!!

Argus!

This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 15:23 - Mar 30 with 882 viewsonehunglow

This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 15:18 - Mar 30 by Wingstandwood

Aye, apparently pointing out segregated communities, lack of integration and stating that "multiculturalism has failed" makes someone like Suella Braverman a racial bigot apparently.

And there are many area's within the U.K that have shocking divides based upon religious lines whether that be area's of Northern Ireland (Crossmaglen spot the Protestant hey! ) or elsewhere ooop North or certain parts of London etc.

So the gist is? The Union Jack is racist....Statues of historical figures are racist....European Christianity is racist....Asking where someone is from is racist....Wearing the wrong kind of clothing or having the wrong kind of hairstyle is racist....And calling someone black, who happens to be black is racist, and saying (Robin Di Angelo doctrine) you are not racist is a sign of being a racist also.

And speaking the undeniable proven truth, not using psychobabble and sh1t mind reading skills whilst thinking more like a 'grown-up' as opposed to a lefty-loon student activist rabble rouser or race baiter? That's being a racist also!!!!

Most people feel most comfortable with their “ own”
I’ve used inverted commas to protect myself.
Never has society been so hypocritical
Commenting on a multi cultural city from the comfort of a rural idyll is totally shameless

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 15:53 - Mar 30 with 855 viewsWingstandwood

This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 15:23 - Mar 30 by onehunglow

Most people feel most comfortable with their “ own”
I’ve used inverted commas to protect myself.
Never has society been so hypocritical
Commenting on a multi cultural city from the comfort of a rural idyll is totally shameless

Aye. and stuff like this sketch is vastly more 'reality' that it ever is parody!

Argus!

This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 15:59 - Mar 30 with 847 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 13:29 - Mar 30 by SullutaCreturned

So the flag of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is a problem to some people who hope to win the election to be the government of Great Britain and Noerthern Ireland?

Nothing bonkers there then

You couldn’t make it up really. Labour activists refusing to deliver labour leaflets. Do they think if they touch the picture of the union flag they might catch Britishness or something?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 16:25 - Mar 30 with 828 viewsGwyn737

One of the big problems we have is people on either side making broad brush statements devoid of any nuance.

Yes, there are some huge issues and pressures brought by some elements of multi-culturalism.

But…

I’m on holiday next week and have a few things to catch up on. I’ve got a doctors appointment with my doctor who is from Pakistan (approaching half our doctors trained abroad). I’llalso get to see my dentist - she’s South African. The hygienist is from Gambia.

I’ll be off to watch my boy play football. His coach is Portuguese. Half the squad are from ethnic minorities.

Multi-culturalism has had many success too.
This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 16:40 - Mar 30 with 823 viewsWingstandwood

This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 16:25 - Mar 30 by Gwyn737

One of the big problems we have is people on either side making broad brush statements devoid of any nuance.

Yes, there are some huge issues and pressures brought by some elements of multi-culturalism.

But…

I’m on holiday next week and have a few things to catch up on. I’ve got a doctors appointment with my doctor who is from Pakistan (approaching half our doctors trained abroad). I’llalso get to see my dentist - she’s South African. The hygienist is from Gambia.

I’ll be off to watch my boy play football. His coach is Portuguese. Half the squad are from ethnic minorities.

Obviously within the NHS multiculturism has NOT failed. Hence for example the heart warming story of a local lady traveling all the way from Wales to receive the finest surgical expertise at Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham recently.

That Union Jack of Great Britain sure does connect different parts of the U.K under the same flag in a rather advantageous and magnificent way!

Argus!

This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 16:50 - Mar 30 with 812 viewsGwyn737

This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 16:40 - Mar 30 by Wingstandwood

Obviously within the NHS multiculturism has NOT failed. Hence for example the heart warming story of a local lady traveling all the way from Wales to receive the finest surgical expertise at Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham recently.

That Union Jack of Great Britain sure does connect different parts of the U.K under the same flag in a rather advantageous and magnificent way!

Brilliant.

And there are many many more examples of successful multiculturalism. So the the statement‘multiculturalism has failed’ is demonstrably not true.

It’s a real shame the Union Jack has been co-opted by the far right. I wish it hadn’t. It should be a symbol of cooperation but for many it’s not.
This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 17:03 - Mar 30 with 803 viewsWingstandwood

This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 16:50 - Mar 30 by Gwyn737

Brilliant.

And there are many many more examples of successful multiculturalism. So the the statement‘multiculturalism has failed’ is demonstrably not true.

It’s a real shame the Union Jack has been co-opted by the far right. I wish it hadn’t. It should be a symbol of cooperation but for many it’s not.

Unlike the NHS multiculturism has failed in other parts of the U.K with area's being divided along racial and religious lines. That is where Suella Braverman was coming from.

Argus!

This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 17:09 - Mar 30 with 791 viewsGwyn737

This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 17:03 - Mar 30 by Wingstandwood

Unlike the NHS multiculturism has failed in other parts of the U.K with area's being divided along racial and religious lines. That is where Suella Braverman was coming from.

Then she should have said the at and not relied on such divisive language.

She didn’t have to stop at the NHS. She could have said the care sector, schools, our universities, impact on sport, cuisine etc. The list goes on.
This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 17:09 - Mar 30 with 791 viewsTogg

This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 15:53 - Mar 30 by Wingstandwood

Aye. and stuff like this sketch is vastly more 'reality' that it ever is parody!

very good. The time you reach 30 most of you will be right wing anyway!
This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 17:10 - Mar 30 with 787 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 16:25 - Mar 30 by Gwyn737

But…

The fact half our doctors are trained abroad is an absolute failure of our education system. We are supposedly one of the wealthiest countries on the planet, we have a large population. Every single child gets a free education until they’re 16 then on to some of the most respected and prestigious seats of learning on the planet. Yet we still have massive skill gaps in nearly every industry.

This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 17:12 - Mar 30 with 785 viewsBoundy

But…

But not enough ,far from it .If was a success then there wouldn't be this problem ,one of too many

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 17:18 - Mar 30 with 771 viewsWhiterockin

This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 17:10 - Mar 30 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The fact half our doctors are trained abroad is an absolute failure of our education system. We are supposedly one of the wealthiest countries on the planet, we have a large population. Every single child gets a free education until they’re 16 then on to some of the most respected and prestigious seats of learning on the planet. Yet we still have massive skill gaps in nearly every industry.

I think you will find that many of our doctors also go abroad to work.
This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 17:29 - Mar 30 with 752 viewsGwyn737

This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 17:10 - Mar 30 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

It’s not a failure of education. As you say, we are the the 6th wealthiest economy in the world so schooling can’t be that bad.

There are plenty bright enough to enter the profession but choose not to. If those reasons were addressed we’d have much less of a problem.

NB. Bear in mind that outside of Black Caribbean boys the worst performing group academically are white working class boys. A huge group that pulls the average down.
This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 17:30 - Mar 30 with 751 viewsWingstandwood

This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 17:09 - Mar 30 by Togg

very good. The time you reach 30 most of you will be right wing anyway!

It's true in many cases, that's why its so funny! In fact as a teenager I used to get a warm glow just from seeing the guy selling 'The Militant' newspaper in the Quadrant.

Argus!

This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 18:01 - Mar 30 with 734 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 17:29 - Mar 30 by Gwyn737

It’s not a failure of education. As you say, we are the the 6th wealthiest economy in the world so schooling can’t be that bad.

There are plenty bright enough to enter the profession but choose not to. If those reasons were addressed we’d have much less of a problem.

NB. Bear in mind that outside of Black Caribbean boys the worst performing group academically are white working class boys. A huge group that pulls the average down.

Of course it’s a failure if we aren’t training enough people to do the jobs that are needed. I think over the last few decades we’ve pretty much given up on British kids because it’s cheaper and easier to bring people in from abroad.

This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 18:02 - Mar 30 with 733 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 17:18 - Mar 30 by Whiterockin

I think you will find that many of our doctors also go abroad to work.

Not half of them though?

This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 18:16 - Mar 30 with 722 viewsshingle

This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 13:09 - Mar 30 by 1983

And last time I looked it was called Great Britian not Britian...

Really is time to remove Great, just travelling around Europe shows us just how far this country has regressed.
This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 18:19 - Mar 30 with 719 viewsGwyn737

This is yet another reason why this country is doomed on 18:01 - Mar 30 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Of course it’s a failure if we aren’t training enough people to do the jobs that are needed. I think over the last few decades we’ve pretty much given up on British kids because it’s cheaper and easier to bring people in from abroad.

If the job (NHS) had better terms and conditions we’d have no problem filling the posts.

It would help if they weren’t run down by tories at every turn for being lazy and waiting for their gold plated pensions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024