Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw has taken on a real big challenge. 14:31 - Apr 4 with 2255 viewsReslovenSwan1

Newport County accounts are out and they have lost £2m over two seasons, A good time to negotiate a new deal with the Dragons for the hovel that is Rodney Parade.

I take my hat of the the man who puts his money where his mouth is and does not need to worry about armchair critics. Start form -£2m and lets see what the laughable so called "failed roofer" can do.

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2024/april/club-update--from-chairman-huw-

If Swansea want a muscular strong and explosive athlete at WB or forward then WilL Evans would be available I would think. Get one or two of Congreve Cotterill Thomas and Loyd over there on loan full season including preseason.
[Post edited 4 Apr 16:59]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 15:49 - Apr 4 with 1526 viewsTreforys_Jack

What did happen to his roofing business?
Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 16:22 - Apr 4 with 1511 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 15:49 - Apr 4 by Treforys_Jack

What did happen to his roofing business?

It went kaput allegedly. His enemies in the club following used this a proof he was not a good businessman. He is definitely a good football chairman. He now faces a big challenge. I admire the man despite his bad relegation year. Not giving Llorente 3 years did for him. Fine margins

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 17:01 - Apr 4 with 1470 viewsswancity

Jenkins pissed on his chips here. Showed his true colours when they excluded people that they had used. Phuck him.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 17:33 - Apr 4 with 1446 viewsQJumpingJack

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 17:01 - Apr 4 by swancity

Jenkins pissed on his chips here. Showed his true colours when they excluded people that they had used. Phuck him.

It remains incredible that Levien made the claims about the previous owners at the Trust forum in 2017 ie the exclusion.
Did he know the forum was being recorded by The Trust?
Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 19:04 - Apr 4 with 1393 viewsKeithHaynes

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 17:33 - Apr 4 by QJumpingJack

It remains incredible that Levien made the claims about the previous owners at the Trust forum in 2017 ie the exclusion.
Did he know the forum was being recorded by The Trust?

They rely on the now mate, not many recall the past. That’s their energy.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 19:06 - Apr 4 with 1388 viewsKeithHaynes

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 17:01 - Apr 4 by swancity

Would be interested in your reasoning, not an issue but I’m quite close to the aforementioned Ex Chairman as will be revealed in the near future.

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 19:15 - Apr 4 with 1375 viewsbuilthjack

It’s a good project for him.
I think he will do well.
They could get a couple of million for Will Evans over the summer.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 20:05 - Apr 4 with 1338 viewsswancity

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 19:06 - Apr 4 by KeithHaynes

Would be interested in your reasoning, not an issue but I’m quite close to the aforementioned Ex Chairman as will be revealed in the near future.

As you’ll know, it seems that they excluded the Swansea city supporters trust when the club was being sold. Until the latter stages of negotiations that is. To me that says a lot about them.

It’s history. In my view though that blotted their copy book. Other opinions are available.

Login to get fewer ads

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 20:51 - Apr 4 with 1299 viewsKeithHaynes

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 20:05 - Apr 4 by swancity

As you’ll know, it seems that they excluded the Swansea city supporters trust when the club was being sold. Until the latter stages of negotiations that is. To me that says a lot about them.

It’s history. In my view though that blotted their copy book. Other opinions are available.

I completely agree on the sale. Never in question, but we need to hear the reasons why.,They are at this time just a one sided story. That’s going to change.

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 21:10 - Apr 4 with 1280 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 20:05 - Apr 4 by swancity

Why include them? They had said they would NEVER sell their shares and told the sellers that very clearly. No one in the Trust contradicted this position as far as I know. The only thing the Trust could do is chase the buyers away. There was no point including them.

I have been on a selling course and tried it myself. Selling is not easy. if you do not want to sell buyers will walk away. They did. The seller had a right to sell their shares after 14 years of stewardship. The fans only got one side of the story which i never believed.

History will treat Huw kindly with the caveat that "some sections of the fans were unhappy how he handled the sale". The actual value of the 5% undilutable shares will be found out in the future. I hope it is not a mirage. I find it hard to believe the US people were so generous.
[Post edited 4 Apr 21:40]

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 11:09 - Apr 5 with 1136 viewsSTID2017

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 16:22 - Apr 4 by ReslovenSwan1

It went kaput allegedly. His enemies in the club following used this a proof he was not a good businessman. He is definitely a good football chairman. He now faces a big challenge. I admire the man despite his bad relegation year. Not giving Llorente 3 years did for him. Fine margins

Fine margins?
His mishandling of the Llorente and Gylfi transfers that summer, together with the poor signings we replaced them with finally did for our PL status.
He may or may not mismanaged his roofing business. I have no idea.
Prior to selling to tge American owners, he and the others did well.
From that episode on, sadly it has been gradually downhill all the way.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 12:27 - Apr 5 with 1078 viewsonehunglow

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 11:09 - Apr 5 by STID2017

Fine margins?
His mishandling of the Llorente and Gylfi transfers that summer, together with the poor signings we replaced them with finally did for our PL status.
He may or may not mismanaged his roofing business. I have no idea.
Prior to selling to tge American owners, he and the others did well.
From that episode on, sadly it has been gradually downhill all the way.

Absolutely bang on the money
To be candid , even after all this time, I still seethe at our relegation and the manner of it
We're having work done on our house and most are Liverpool fans
I have my famous Welsh flag with Wirral Jacks on it and every one of these fellas have commented as to how decent we were and we have a good name with them
They cannot understand how quickly we fell from grace
We can and Jenkins bears a lot of responsibility

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 12:39 - Apr 5 with 1073 viewsKeithHaynes

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 12:27 - Apr 5 by onehunglow

Absolutely bang on the money
To be candid , even after all this time, I still seethe at our relegation and the manner of it
We're having work done on our house and most are Liverpool fans
I have my famous Welsh flag with Wirral Jacks on it and every one of these fellas have commented as to how decent we were and we have a good name with them
They cannot understand how quickly we fell from grace
We can and Jenkins bears a lot of responsibility

Do you think his hands were tied ?

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 13:10 - Apr 5 with 1047 viewsonehunglow

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 12:39 - Apr 5 by KeithHaynes

Do you think his hands were tied ?

Jenkins ?
No idea but frankly, like most fans ,I just dream about what’s best for the club.
Business acumen and stewardship of the club is out of my hands,yours too. We just bluddy hope.

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 14:58 - Apr 5 with 992 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 13:10 - Apr 5 by onehunglow

Jenkins ?
No idea but frankly, like most fans ,I just dream about what’s best for the club.
Business acumen and stewardship of the club is out of my hands,yours too. We just bluddy hope.

Huw had a bad year and his recruitment man did as well. Bony was good at passing fitness tests not playing football. I believe Swansea would have done better keeping and backing Huw. Huw gave the Trust a potential £20m payday. They did not have the ability to cash in. That was their problem not his

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 15:01 - Apr 5 with 987 viewsonehunglow

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 14:58 - Apr 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Huw had a bad year and his recruitment man did as well. Bony was good at passing fitness tests not playing football. I believe Swansea would have done better keeping and backing Huw. Huw gave the Trust a potential £20m payday. They did not have the ability to cash in. That was their problem not his

It’s your opinion.
Fine by me

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 18:09 - Apr 5 with 918 viewsswancity

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 21:10 - Apr 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Why include them? They had said they would NEVER sell their shares and told the sellers that very clearly. No one in the Trust contradicted this position as far as I know. The only thing the Trust could do is chase the buyers away. There was no point including them.

I have been on a selling course and tried it myself. Selling is not easy. if you do not want to sell buyers will walk away. They did. The seller had a right to sell their shares after 14 years of stewardship. The fans only got one side of the story which i never believed.

History will treat Huw kindly with the caveat that "some sections of the fans were unhappy how he handled the sale". The actual value of the 5% undilutable shares will be found out in the future. I hope it is not a mirage. I find it hard to believe the US people were so generous.
[Post edited 4 Apr 21:40]

“Why include them?”

I’m not going over old ground again but morally and legally there are reasons to have included them in negotiations ( from Day One ).

The Trust had a strong case we know that. I don’t know why they didn’t pursue it. I’m assuming that was down to a change in personnel at the Trust. Either way it was handled badly in an underhand, sneaky manner by Jenkins et al. It’s such a shame as he’d done so much good work prior to that.

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 18:43 - Apr 5 with 895 viewsTreforys_Jack

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 18:09 - Apr 5 by swancity

“Why include them?”

I’m not going over old ground again but morally and legally there are reasons to have included them in negotiations ( from Day One ).

The Trust had a strong case we know that. I don’t know why they didn’t pursue it. I’m assuming that was down to a change in personnel at the Trust. Either way it was handled badly in an underhand, sneaky manner by Jenkins et al. It’s such a shame as he’d done so much good work prior to that.

Amen to this post.
Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 19:45 - Apr 5 with 858 viewsDr_Winston

Unfortunately Jenkins' ego started overwhelming his ability in about 2014. Match that with his steadfast determination to ultimately cash in no matter what position it left the Trust and he can have nobody to blame but himself for the current regard in which he's held.

Mind you, our rise to the Premier League allowed a lot of people to forget that there were big questions over his personality long before the events of 2014/15. Anyone who cares to can look back over events between 2004 and 2011 and find plenty of examples of Jenkins' disregard for oversight and professionalism in a lot of areas.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 19:53 - Apr 5 with 843 viewsKeithHaynes

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 19:45 - Apr 5 by Dr_Winston

Unfortunately Jenkins' ego started overwhelming his ability in about 2014. Match that with his steadfast determination to ultimately cash in no matter what position it left the Trust and he can have nobody to blame but himself for the current regard in which he's held.

Mind you, our rise to the Premier League allowed a lot of people to forget that there were big questions over his personality long before the events of 2014/15. Anyone who cares to can look back over events between 2004 and 2011 and find plenty of examples of Jenkins' disregard for oversight and professionalism in a lot of areas.

He only started taking a wage in 2013.
However, I find it impossible to look back on the journey to the premier league, and the first two seasons as anything but a remarkable set of circumstances we could only wish for even four years before.
Of course there were mistakes, but I didn’t hear anyone saying anything with a major trophy in our back pockets especially when we smashed Valencia and Malmo. This forum and its incumbents back then, especially on this forum which I have studied greatly seemed to be as grateful as any Swans fan before and most certainly after. They were two golden seasons.

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 20:01 - Apr 5 with 816 viewsDr_Winston

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 19:53 - Apr 5 by KeithHaynes

He only started taking a wage in 2013.
However, I find it impossible to look back on the journey to the premier league, and the first two seasons as anything but a remarkable set of circumstances we could only wish for even four years before.
Of course there were mistakes, but I didn’t hear anyone saying anything with a major trophy in our back pockets especially when we smashed Valencia and Malmo. This forum and its incumbents back then, especially on this forum which I have studied greatly seemed to be as grateful as any Swans fan before and most certainly after. They were two golden seasons.

Whether he was being paid or not is irrelevant. He was doing an important job, and it's only right that he was held to account for his failures as much as he was lauded for his achievements.

There were plenty of friction points between him and the Trust long before takeover time.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 20:15 - Apr 5 with 806 viewsKeithHaynes

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 20:01 - Apr 5 by Dr_Winston

Whether he was being paid or not is irrelevant. He was doing an important job, and it's only right that he was held to account for his failures as much as he was lauded for his achievements.

There were plenty of friction points between him and the Trust long before takeover time.

But not in 2014 ?

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 20:27 - Apr 5 with 776 viewsDr_Winston

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 20:15 - Apr 5 by KeithHaynes

But not in 2014 ?

Well no. In 2014 his ego ran away with him completely and he started to believe that he knew more about football than people like, say, Michael Laudrup.

Again, it's not a new phenomenon. Jenkins didn't much like managers who told him to butt out. Sousa did and they hated each other. He preferred the subservient, or at least the oleaginous types like Martinez or Rodgers. It's the entire reason that Monk got the job, until that decision bit him on the arse.

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 20:32 - Apr 5 with 765 viewsKeithHaynes

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 20:27 - Apr 5 by Dr_Winston

Well no. In 2014 his ego ran away with him completely and he started to believe that he knew more about football than people like, say, Michael Laudrup.

Again, it's not a new phenomenon. Jenkins didn't much like managers who told him to butt out. Sousa did and they hated each other. He preferred the subservient, or at least the oleaginous types like Martinez or Rodgers. It's the entire reason that Monk got the job, until that decision bit him on the arse.

None if that is in question, it was Laudrups agent that gave Huw the belief he could do equally as well, maybe someone will write a book on the Huw years and bring it all up to date 😉

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 20:38 - Apr 5 with 758 viewsDr_Winston

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 20:32 - Apr 5 by KeithHaynes

None if that is in question, it was Laudrups agent that gave Huw the belief he could do equally as well, maybe someone will write a book on the Huw years and bring it all up to date 😉

I look forward to reading such a book. I hope whoever authors one uses a variety of sources for their information in the writing of it rather than just one side of the story.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024