Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... 09:00 - Apr 10 with 3205 viewstheloneranger

"The benefit fraud gang made thousands of false claims for Universal Credit using either real people or hijacked identities and backed them up with an array of forged documents, including counterfeit payslips and fake GP letters in the largest prosecution of its type in English legal history."

"As part of the investigation, police identified three "benefit factories" in London where repeated false claims for benefits originated from."

https://news.sky.com/story/watch-criminal-convicted-of-50m-benefit-fraud-throws-

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 22:05 - Apr 11 with 619 viewsFlashberryjack

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 21:49 - Apr 11 by Gwyn737

So you think it’s just as hard to enter Australia by small boat as it is to get to the uk?

We can just ignore the tunnel connecting us to continental Europe if you like.

No I don't think it's easier for illegal immigrants to get into Australia, but I do think it's easier to deport them, maybe that's why the numbers dropped so dramatically.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 22:13 - Apr 11 with 611 viewsGwyn737

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 22:05 - Apr 11 by Flashberryjack

No I don't think it's easier for illegal immigrants to get into Australia, but I do think it's easier to deport them, maybe that's why the numbers dropped so dramatically.

I’ve no doubt it is when you’ve got so fewer numbers.

So it’s not comparable. We need our own effective systems.
Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 22:38 - Apr 11 with 585 viewsDr_Winston

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 21:50 - Apr 11 by Gwyn737

Don’t the universities in Swansea do very different things?

It would be a hefty blow if one were to close.

Who is talking about closing?

One needs to revert to doing level 4/5 qualifications whilst the other one carries on being an actual University.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 22:40 - Apr 11 with 584 viewsjackrmee

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 14:05 - Apr 11 by DaPs166

I’ve been reading this forum on and off and the amount of misinformation people believe is staggering.

UK isn’t even second in Europe for energy prices, never mind the world. Where do you get your information from? 😅

https://shrinkthatfootprint.com/average-electricity-prices-kwh/

There’s a list half way down “price of electricity in $” with us 2nd. Albeit 2023

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 22:46 - Apr 11 with 578 viewsjackrmee

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 14:19 - Apr 11 by onehunglow

Click bait!
People ,our indigenous people, are being adversely affected by mass immigration . Complete strangers illegally on our country being afforded all manner of living expenses and facilities including a full health service ,which does not exist in their homelands .
We have service veterans homeless and families in real poverty YET you bleed for those not entitled to come to our country .

When we apply to emigrate ,we go through proper channels . If we fail entry conditions,we are not allowed in.

That’s the contrast

So if I want to move to say, Spain, I have to apply for residency and complete forms, go to interviews with officials, open bank accounts, apply for a tax number, and more.

Are you saying that none of that happens in uk?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 22:55 - Apr 11 with 572 viewsDaPs166

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 22:40 - Apr 11 by jackrmee

https://shrinkthatfootprint.com/average-electricity-prices-kwh/

There’s a list half way down “price of electricity in $” with us 2nd. Albeit 2023

No sources on that piece of data at all. Don’t believe everything you see.
Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 22:58 - Apr 11 with 568 viewsGwyn737

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 22:38 - Apr 11 by Dr_Winston

Who is talking about closing?

One needs to revert to doing level 4/5 qualifications whilst the other one carries on being an actual University.

I’m not sure how that would work from a financial perspective.

Would you move all existing courses to one campus? Foreign students bring in huge money. I don’t think the sector can cope without it.
Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 23:05 - Apr 11 with 566 viewsDr_Winston

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 22:58 - Apr 11 by Gwyn737

I’m not sure how that would work from a financial perspective.

Would you move all existing courses to one campus? Foreign students bring in huge money. I don’t think the sector can cope without it.

It wouldn't work from a financial perspective. But reality would intrude.

We're still paying the price of NuLab's lunatic push to have basically everyone go to Uni. That has to be dialled back at some point.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 23:19 - Apr 11 with 545 viewsAnotherJohn

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 19:13 - Apr 11 by Gwyn737

The big drop is coming AJ.

Changes in January 2024 are having a huge effect on postgraduate numbers.

We are probably going to see some of our universities in big financial trouble. I’m sure some posters are in the sector so could give some examples?

Overseas recruitment may possibly be running into headwinds, but 2023 saw a flattening of numbers rather than a decline. British Council thinks 2024 may not be as good, but the UK was leading the pack of the main English-speaking destinations.

"The UK market appears to be at the leading edge of this trend. Issuance of UK study visas returned to pre-pandemic levels by the third quarter of 2021, earlier than any other major host destination market. However, growth in issuance of UK study visas essentially ground to a halt by the third quarter of 2023 and will likely go into reverse in 2024 given rising domestic pressures to restrict migration".

https://opportunities-insight.britishcouncil.org/sites/siem/files/field/file/new

Hence no evidence of a direct Brexit impact on overall overseas student numbers, but a prediction of a likely impact of recent policy moves to limit the upsurge of immigration in 2023.

The HESA figures I quoted always take a while to appear, so HESA hasn't yet published any later ones than I provided.

"
Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 05:14 - Apr 12 with 509 viewsjackrmee

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 22:55 - Apr 11 by DaPs166

I don’t usually.
I heard it elsewhere on a podcast or something, so tried to find it online.
Not really something I feel is important enough to do a deep dive into.

If someone says we have the second most expensive electric in the world, I don’t feel that particularly strongly about it to go check tbh, so if I’m wrong about that, I apologise.

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 09:27 - Apr 12 with 474 viewsSullutaCreturned

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 22:55 - Apr 11 by DaPs166

How's this,

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/electricity-price#:~:text=UK%20Elect

Anyway, when talking about the prce of something we need to look at the big picture, not just the prices but the incomes in countries too. it's not so bad having higher prices if the minimum wages are good enough. Having middling prces with the lowest minimum wage could hurt though.
Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 09:47 - Apr 12 with 459 viewsGwyn737

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 23:19 - Apr 11 by AnotherJohn

Overseas recruitment may possibly be running into headwinds, but 2023 saw a flattening of numbers rather than a decline. British Council thinks 2024 may not be as good, but the UK was leading the pack of the main English-speaking destinations.

"The UK market appears to be at the leading edge of this trend. Issuance of UK study visas returned to pre-pandemic levels by the third quarter of 2021, earlier than any other major host destination market. However, growth in issuance of UK study visas essentially ground to a halt by the third quarter of 2023 and will likely go into reverse in 2024 given rising domestic pressures to restrict migration".

https://opportunities-insight.britishcouncil.org/sites/siem/files/field/file/new

Hence no evidence of a direct Brexit impact on overall overseas student numbers, but a prediction of a likely impact of recent policy moves to limit the upsurge of immigration in 2023.

The HESA figures I quoted always take a while to appear, so HESA hasn't yet published any later ones than I provided.

"

It’s looks like around a 30-40% drop since the new regs came in in January.

It may be a blip but if universities go bust there’ll be no room for a recovery.

At a time we’re desperate for good news stories, tinkering with one of the things we’re generally world class at seems silly.
[Post edited 12 Apr 13:20]
Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 12:51 - Apr 12 with 432 viewsBoundy

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 13:59 - Apr 11 by Gwyn737

That’s very true about the aging population.

Unfortunately that doesn’t make the clickbait that immigration does.

Maybe you're happy to see the decline of this country and the standards within . I happen not to and unfettered immigration is the biggest cause of the above .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 13:03 - Apr 12 with 427 viewsonehunglow

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 12:51 - Apr 12 by Boundy

Maybe you're happy to see the decline of this country and the standards within . I happen not to and unfettered immigration is the biggest cause of the above .

I had a look at a video of Bradford from 1905 .
It was a revelation

Thieves travel,professional ones more so.

Ours plague sone countries abroad and Spain ,sadly,has too many of our scumbags hiding from justice .

East European criminals always maximise their opportunities l
Britain,with its bleeding heats to the fore,seems oblivious ,though it has to be said our gutless politicians are to blame mainly

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 13:23 - Apr 12 with 412 viewsGwyn737

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 12:51 - Apr 12 by Boundy

I’m not happy with unfettered immigration. Never said so.

The point I’m trying (continually) to make is the issues we face aren’t just down to immigration.

If we only every blame immigrants then work on the other things doesn’t get done and we won’t improve.
Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 13:41 - Apr 12 with 401 viewsWingstandwood

I know a 32 year old that left the U.K for Australia at the beginning of this month, he was earning a good wage for himself, but he felt that the U.K is no longer a safe and secure place to bring up his young family. His decision to leave had no financial bearing. His brother is considering leaving the U.K also!

A country that is vastly overpopulated, that has abandoned border control, and with G.P and emergency response services (his own father is an NHS paramedic) that are in a catastrophic state is of 'no-future' status. Living in a country where you can no longer rely on an ambulance turning up is about as stark as you can get!!!!

Things will only get worse by every passing year imo.

Argus!

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 14:28 - Apr 12 with 391 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 13:23 - Apr 12 by Gwyn737

I’m not happy with unfettered immigration. Never said so.

The point I’m trying (continually) to make is the issues we face aren’t just down to immigration.

If we only every blame immigrants then work on the other things doesn’t get done and we won’t improve.

Surely you can see objectively that a lot of the problems we face are greatly exacerbated by the numbers coming in?

If we were to take a ball park figure of 500,000 people a year then that’s 500,000 extra people potentially needing housing, health services, food, water, roads, transport, waste collection, education and pretty much everything you can think of.

The counter argument is that there’s 500,000 extra people a year potentially paying tax or contributing to the economy but it’s pretty much an accepted fact that we are not building houses, hospitals, schools, roads etc or improving services fast enough to deal with this explosion in population. Increase in demand with little supply then pushes prices up. Puts huge amounts of pressure on public services.

Then we wonder why the nhs is creaking, why people can’t afford to get on the housing ladder, why is rent so expensive, why prices are being driven up whilst wages stagnate, why teachers are leaving the profession in droves, why it’s so hard to see a doctor, why are the roads full of potholes, why can’t I find a seat on the train, why are taxes going up and up? Why is crime going through the roof? And on and on and on.

These are all problems that existed before but when you slap the population of a big city like Glasgow onto the map every year the pressure on these issues increase almost exponentially.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 15:17 - Apr 12 with 374 viewsGwyn737

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 14:28 - Apr 12 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Surely you can see objectively that a lot of the problems we face are greatly exacerbated by the numbers coming in?

If we were to take a ball park figure of 500,000 people a year then that’s 500,000 extra people potentially needing housing, health services, food, water, roads, transport, waste collection, education and pretty much everything you can think of.

The counter argument is that there’s 500,000 extra people a year potentially paying tax or contributing to the economy but it’s pretty much an accepted fact that we are not building houses, hospitals, schools, roads etc or improving services fast enough to deal with this explosion in population. Increase in demand with little supply then pushes prices up. Puts huge amounts of pressure on public services.

Then we wonder why the nhs is creaking, why people can’t afford to get on the housing ladder, why is rent so expensive, why prices are being driven up whilst wages stagnate, why teachers are leaving the profession in droves, why it’s so hard to see a doctor, why are the roads full of potholes, why can’t I find a seat on the train, why are taxes going up and up? Why is crime going through the roof? And on and on and on.

These are all problems that existed before but when you slap the population of a big city like Glasgow onto the map every year the pressure on these issues increase almost exponentially.

I see it as a failure of government(s).

Legal migration is cost positive so there’s something wrong with how the money is being spent.

I’ve been clear that illegal migration is a big problem. As big a financial problem as an aging population? Not even close.

I get annoyed with the government(s) pointing at immigrants and saying ‘look, it’s all their fault’, getting all the headlines and social media traction, distracting from all their other shortcomings.

This leads us right up the garden path and to daft, and more importantly, ineffectual ideas like Rwanda and leaving the ECHR.

It’s a dream for political spin - ‘’don’t worry, they’re all arguing about immigrants, we don’t need to address all the other problems’.
Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 15:35 - Apr 12 with 364 viewsonehunglow

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 15:17 - Apr 12 by Gwyn737

Legal migration is cost positive so there’s something wrong with how the money is being spent.

I’ve been clear that illegal migration is a big problem. As big a financial problem as an aging population? Not even close.

I get annoyed with the government(s) pointing at immigrants and saying ‘look, it’s all their fault’, getting all the headlines and social media traction, distracting from all their other shortcomings.

This leads us right up the garden path and to daft, and more importantly, ineffectual ideas like Rwanda and leaving the ECHR.

It’s a dream for political spin - ‘’don’t worry, they’re all arguing about immigrants, we don’t need to address all the other problems’.

It is failure of governments ;to keep our country as safe as possible and to ensure those who come through our borders are legitimate and can contribute to our society where needed.
We no longer have a duty to give a home to those from former colonies either.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 15:37 - Apr 12 with 363 viewsGwyn737

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 15:35 - Apr 12 by onehunglow

It is failure of governments ;to keep our country as safe as possible and to ensure those who come through our borders are legitimate and can contribute to our society where needed.
We no longer have a duty to give a home to those from former colonies either.

I don’t think I’ve ever read a post on this website arguing any different.
Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 15:55 - Apr 12 with 360 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 15:17 - Apr 12 by Gwyn737

The aging population argument is a very short termist view too. We could import 10 million 30 year olds and within 30 years they are going to be aging themselves, needing doctors care homes etc. We’ll always have an aging population because people are living longer and (touch wood) we aren’t affected by wars like we used to be.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 18:03 - Apr 12 with 321 viewsGwyn737

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 15:55 - Apr 12 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The aging population argument is a very short termist view too. We could import 10 million 30 year olds and within 30 years they are going to be aging themselves, needing doctors care homes etc. We’ll always have an aging population because people are living longer and (touch wood) we aren’t affected by wars like we used to be.

The people living longer is the ke. That’s what’s putting the pressure on services.

We have a falling rate too but off course, that could change.
Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 19:47 - Apr 12 with 276 viewsAnotherJohn

I'm not sure that legal migration is cost positive at present, even if it has been at times in the past. Bear in mind that in order to make a net fiscal contribution a household must have an income in excess of £40K, taking account of the cost of public services and in-work benefits received. And then there is a step effect in the cost of expanding infrastructure and public services as population increases, because building anew and training necessary professional staff increases the marginal per capita cost as population increases. Just to elaborate, putting 1000 extra seats in our stadium will cost less per seat than building a new stadium in order to accommodate an extra 10,000. So in other words, migrants on average are not paying enough tax to fund the necessary expansion. Also a cost-benefit analysis of immigration as a whole (over a million a year gross) needs to include "externalities" - such as security, cost of crime, health costs associated with poor early life health care, mental health issues, etc. - that were omitted from the studies done by people like Christian Dustman that showed positive financial benefits, Some of the claimed benefits related to aggregate economic growth rather than per capita growth. Indeed if you map a graph of immigration over time against graphs for per capita productivity and per capita GDP, then things don't look so good. If it is indeed the case that migrant taxes generated the necessary public funds for expansion of supporting services in recent years and our government failed to spend that money, where did it go? Why is public borrowing at record levels at the same time as taxes on the general population as % GDP are at their highest since 1948?
Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 20:46 - Apr 12 with 258 viewsGwyn737

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 19:47 - Apr 12 by AnotherJohn

I'm not sure that legal migration is cost positive at present, even if it has been at times in the past. Bear in mind that in order to make a net fiscal contribution a household must have an income in excess of £40K, taking account of the cost of public services and in-work benefits received. And then there is a step effect in the cost of expanding infrastructure and public services as population increases, because building anew and training necessary professional staff increases the marginal per capita cost as population increases. Just to elaborate, putting 1000 extra seats in our stadium will cost less per seat than building a new stadium in order to accommodate an extra 10,000. So in other words, migrants on average are not paying enough tax to fund the necessary expansion. Also a cost-benefit analysis of immigration as a whole (over a million a year gross) needs to include "externalities" - such as security, cost of crime, health costs associated with poor early life health care, mental health issues, etc. - that were omitted from the studies done by people like Christian Dustman that showed positive financial benefits, Some of the claimed benefits related to aggregate economic growth rather than per capita growth. Indeed if you map a graph of immigration over time against graphs for per capita productivity and per capita GDP, then things don't look so good. If it is indeed the case that migrant taxes generated the necessary public funds for expansion of supporting services in recent years and our government failed to spend that money, where did it go? Why is public borrowing at record levels at the same time as taxes on the general population as % GDP are at their highest since 1948?

Totally agree with you.

I’d just add if we stopped all migration now we’d be in a right pickle in a number of sectors.
Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 12:58 - Apr 15 with 160 viewsFlashberryjack

Bulgarian Gang Convicted Of £50M Universal Credit Fraud ... on 20:46 - Apr 12 by Gwyn737

Totally agree with you.

I’d just add if we stopped all migration now we’d be in a right pickle in a number of sectors.

I don't think the majority of the UK public are against all migration (although, I'm you are already well aware of that).

What they are against, is uncontrolled and illegal immigration, our inability to deport illegals and legal immigrants that commit serious crimes in this country, because of some unelected court says we can't.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024