Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Israel/Hamas ceasefire 18:08 - May 6 with 9372 viewsjohnlangy

Just saw this headline 'Hamas announces it has accepted a ceasefire proposal to halt war with Israel'.

True ?
Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 20:24 - May 15 with 558 viewsReslovenSwan1

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 20:16 - May 15 by SullutaCreturned

Copied and pasted from the same source as you just copied and pasted,

https://theconversation.com/british-troops-operating-on-the-ground-in-ukraine-wh

Russia’s incursion into Ukraine has been ruled as a flagrant breach of Article 2(4) of the UN Charter, which prohibits the “use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any state”. Russia’s war in Ukraine has been denounced as an act of aggression by the UN general assembly and the International Court of Justice.

Moreover, it is claimed that Russia has been implicated in breaches of international humanitarian law through its apparent indiscriminate bombing and other violent attacks, and crimes against civilians. This would mean that anyone supplying Russia – the belligerent in this conflict – with arms is in breach of international law.

I like to think the sea drones were developed with Royal Navy assistance. One experimental one was washed up on a Crimean beach in late 2022. The UK military would not be doing their job if they were not closely involved.

UK defence seems to like ships while the Russia ncy is bricking it and hiding away. . They wanted Sebastopol for the Black Sea fleet. Sebastopol has now become a tourist resort for fat bellied millionaires not a useful Military resource valued by all.

Of course the Royal Navy will have to look at this. The Atlantic might be a bit rough for the Sea babies. We at Resolven consider these things. Drone subs now we are talking. Q and his chums are already working on it.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 22:12 - May 15 with 520 viewsjackrmee

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 18:34 - May 15 by johnlangy

I understand what you're saying. But if there's not a two state solution the Palestinians are still going to be there, next door, and still a threat to Israel.

But I would imagine they will continue to be more of a threat the longer the situation continues. How many young Palestinians are being turned into future Hamas soldiers because they feel (rightly imo) that they have no future as things stand. They have very little control of how their lives will turn out.

Then there's the West Bank. Israel have been settling large areas of the West Bank for the last fifty years against International law. The UN has tried to force Israel to stop for those last fifty years but their resolutions have been vetoed by the US every time.

Is the answer that it just continues for another fifty years ? What then ? Is there no end point ?

Excellent post sir

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 00:45 - May 16 with 468 viewsDaPs166

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 18:34 - May 15 by johnlangy

I understand what you're saying. But if there's not a two state solution the Palestinians are still going to be there, next door, and still a threat to Israel.

But I would imagine they will continue to be more of a threat the longer the situation continues. How many young Palestinians are being turned into future Hamas soldiers because they feel (rightly imo) that they have no future as things stand. They have very little control of how their lives will turn out.

Then there's the West Bank. Israel have been settling large areas of the West Bank for the last fifty years against International law. The UN has tried to force Israel to stop for those last fifty years but their resolutions have been vetoed by the US every time.

Is the answer that it just continues for another fifty years ? What then ? Is there no end point ?

If they hadn’t said no multiple times to a two state solution this wouldn’t be happening. As always, the Arabs are cocky and arrogant and think they’re far more capable than they actually are in reality. They got their arse handed to them multiple times, then their famous ego kicked in where they can’t just accept defeat or even negotiate. Mix that in with religious extremism and hey presto.

But as always it’s the Jews fault. Oh sorry, I mean ‘Zionists’ fault.

Funny how they use the term Zionist as if it’s some kind of slur. It literally just means wanting a homeland for the Jews.
Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 09:31 - May 16 with 441 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Does anyone actually think that a two state solution would actually be a solution? That the fighting and animosity and outright hatred would stop overnight? A “legitimate” state governed by the human sputum known as Hamas would be far more dangerous to the world and the Middle East in general.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 09:31 - May 16 with 441 viewsjohnlangy

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 00:45 - May 16 by DaPs166

If they hadn’t said no multiple times to a two state solution this wouldn’t be happening. As always, the Arabs are cocky and arrogant and think they’re far more capable than they actually are in reality. They got their arse handed to them multiple times, then their famous ego kicked in where they can’t just accept defeat or even negotiate. Mix that in with religious extremism and hey presto.

But as always it’s the Jews fault. Oh sorry, I mean ‘Zionists’ fault.

Funny how they use the term Zionist as if it’s some kind of slur. It literally just means wanting a homeland for the Jews.

I'm assuming you're saying that the Palestinians said no multiple times. That may very well be the case. Israel has also said no many times as Netanyahu is saying now.

To understand why either side said no at any time you'd have to be aware of the suggested arrangement for the solution. That doesn't mean that the two state solution, with a balanced arrangement for both sides, is not the only eventual answer.
Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 09:33 - May 16 with 435 viewsmangohilljack

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 21:31 - May 6 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Hamas have to be exterminated. Once more evil removed from the world.

Yes get rid of them and whilst your at it do some root cause analysis and you'll find that there is a much bigger evil out there.
Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 09:35 - May 16 with 435 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 09:33 - May 16 by mangohilljack

Yes get rid of them and whilst your at it do some root cause analysis and you'll find that there is a much bigger evil out there.

Daleks?

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 09:41 - May 16 with 422 viewsmangohilljack

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 09:35 - May 16 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Daleks?

exterminate
exterminate

Ummm. no
Login to get fewer ads

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 10:09 - May 16 with 396 viewscontroversial_jack

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 20:16 - May 15 by SullutaCreturned

Copied and pasted from the same source as you just copied and pasted,

https://theconversation.com/british-troops-operating-on-the-ground-in-ukraine-wh

Russia’s incursion into Ukraine has been ruled as a flagrant breach of Article 2(4) of the UN Charter, which prohibits the “use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any state”. Russia’s war in Ukraine has been denounced as an act of aggression by the UN general assembly and the International Court of Justice.

Moreover, it is claimed that Russia has been implicated in breaches of international humanitarian law through its apparent indiscriminate bombing and other violent attacks, and crimes against civilians. This would mean that anyone supplying Russia – the belligerent in this conflict – with arms is in breach of international law.

Do you think Russia gives a shit about that. The UN didn't stop Russians being oppressed by the Ukrainians in the Donbass. They haven't prevented NATO expanding eastwards despite giving Russia assurances they haven't.The didn't prevent Units on neo Nazi Ukrainians committing atrocities on Russians in the eastern provinces.

It's nonsense anyway, Russia hasn't been indiscriminately bombing civilian areas, their attacks have been precise. I'm sure there have been mistakes, but there's been no intention to target civilians, Russia has been very careful not to. The same can't be said for those demons in the IDF though.
Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 10:47 - May 16 with 398 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 10:09 - May 16 by controversial_jack

Do you think Russia gives a shit about that. The UN didn't stop Russians being oppressed by the Ukrainians in the Donbass. They haven't prevented NATO expanding eastwards despite giving Russia assurances they haven't.The didn't prevent Units on neo Nazi Ukrainians committing atrocities on Russians in the eastern provinces.

It's nonsense anyway, Russia hasn't been indiscriminately bombing civilian areas, their attacks have been precise. I'm sure there have been mistakes, but there's been no intention to target civilians, Russia has been very careful not to. The same can't be said for those demons in the IDF though.

NATO has only expanded because countries want to protect themselves from the very real threat of Russian aggression.

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 11:17 - May 16 with 388 viewsonehunglow

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 10:47 - May 16 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

NATO has only expanded because countries want to protect themselves from the very real threat of Russian aggression.

And mother Russia merely protecting the East German people after the war ,Hungarians in 56 and the Czechs in 69 . What’s wrong with sending in tanks and setting up the likes of the Stasi to keep them “safe” from the west ( that’s us).

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 11:29 - May 16 with 381 viewscontroversial_jack

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 10:47 - May 16 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Nope. NATO gave assurances it wouldn't expand eastwards. which it went back on. There had been no Russian aggression until 2022.

The Yanks are getting desperate now as it looks like the Ukrainian army is getting routed around Kharkiv, they are even talking about escalating this and firing British and American missiles into Russia itself. I'm not sure I believe this though, as it would be suicide for NATO
Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 11:55 - May 16 with 374 viewsDaPs166

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 11:29 - May 16 by controversial_jack

Nope. NATO gave assurances it wouldn't expand eastwards. which it went back on. There had been no Russian aggression until 2022.

The Yanks are getting desperate now as it looks like the Ukrainian army is getting routed around Kharkiv, they are even talking about escalating this and firing British and American missiles into Russia itself. I'm not sure I believe this though, as it would be suicide for NATO

Everything you say is false. Russia annexed crimea in 2014. Was that not aggression? Are you sure you’re not a Russian stooge sitting in Moscow?

“ Such an agreement was never made. NATO’s door has been open to new members since it was founded in 1949. This has never changed. No treaty signed by NATO Allies and Russia included provisions on NATO membership. Decisions on NATO membership are taken by consensus among all Allies. Russia does not have a veto.

The idea of NATO enlargement beyond a united Germany was not on the agenda in 1989, particularly as the Warsaw Pact still existed until 1991. Mikhail Gorbachev said in an interview in 2014: "The topic of 'NATO expansion' was not discussed at all, and it wasn't brought up in those years. I say this with full responsibility. Not a single Eastern European country raised the issue, not even after the Warsaw Pact ceased to exist in 1991. Western leaders didn't bring it up either."

https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/115204.htm#:~:text=NATO%20promised%20Russia%2
[Post edited 16 May 11:56]
Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 14:17 - May 16 with 332 viewscontroversial_jack

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 11:55 - May 16 by DaPs166

Everything you say is false. Russia annexed crimea in 2014. Was that not aggression? Are you sure you’re not a Russian stooge sitting in Moscow?

“ Such an agreement was never made. NATO’s door has been open to new members since it was founded in 1949. This has never changed. No treaty signed by NATO Allies and Russia included provisions on NATO membership. Decisions on NATO membership are taken by consensus among all Allies. Russia does not have a veto.

The idea of NATO enlargement beyond a united Germany was not on the agenda in 1989, particularly as the Warsaw Pact still existed until 1991. Mikhail Gorbachev said in an interview in 2014: "The topic of 'NATO expansion' was not discussed at all, and it wasn't brought up in those years. I say this with full responsibility. Not a single Eastern European country raised the issue, not even after the Warsaw Pact ceased to exist in 1991. Western leaders didn't bring it up either."

https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/115204.htm#:~:text=NATO%20promised%20Russia%2
[Post edited 16 May 11:56]

https://www.eurasiareview.com/03032022-nato-repeatedly-assured-russia-it-would-n
Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 14:37 - May 16 with 333 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Hitler promised not to invade czechoslovakia Jeremy, welcome to the real world.

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 14:59 - May 16 with 329 viewsjohnlangy

No Russian aggression ?

Crimea !
Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 15:38 - May 16 with 318 viewsDaPs166

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 14:17 - May 16 by controversial_jack

https://www.eurasiareview.com/03032022-nato-repeatedly-assured-russia-it-would-n

Any ‘promises’ made were made during the Soviet Union. This is clear and obvious. They wouldn’t have been able to expand NATO into the Soviet Union would they 😂

The Soviet Union then collapsed and Eastern European countries wanted protection against Russia. That only began in 1995.

To say that NATO promised ‘Russia’ it wouldn’t expand east is completely false.

Again, everything you say it ridiculous and wrong.
[Post edited 16 May 15:41]
Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 15:52 - May 16 with 312 viewsSullutaCreturned

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 10:09 - May 16 by controversial_jack

I'm sure when you read through your own posts they make sense to you.

I'd suggest you give up trying to be controversial and change your name to sillyjack...how about jackass?

If Russia has been so careful not to target civilians how come they've bombed schools and hospitals?

https://www.hrw.org/news/2022/06/10/ukraine-russian-strikes-killed-scores-civili

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attacks_on_civilians_in_the_Russian_invasion_of_Uk

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61778433

and they haven't just bombed them, they have executed civilains as well,

https://www.ohchr.org/en/press-releases/2022/12/un-report-details-summary-execut

Now then, I expect another work of fiction to follow from you...
Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 19:50 - May 16 with 278 viewscontroversial_jack

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 15:52 - May 16 by SullutaCreturned

I'm sure when you read through your own posts they make sense to you.

I'd suggest you give up trying to be controversial and change your name to sillyjack...how about jackass?

If Russia has been so careful not to target civilians how come they've bombed schools and hospitals?

https://www.hrw.org/news/2022/06/10/ukraine-russian-strikes-killed-scores-civili

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attacks_on_civilians_in_the_Russian_invasion_of_Uk

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61778433

and they haven't just bombed them, they have executed civilains as well,

https://www.ohchr.org/en/press-releases/2022/12/un-report-details-summary-execut

Now then, I expect another work of fiction to follow from you...

Those reports are from early in the conflict and haven't been verified. Ukranian prisoners have actually been treated very well

https://www.forbes.com/sites/katharinabuchholz/2022/01/19/how-nato-expanded-east
Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 22:12 - May 16 with 233 viewsjackrmee

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 09:31 - May 16 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Does anyone actually think that a two state solution would actually be a solution? That the fighting and animosity and outright hatred would stop overnight? A “legitimate” state governed by the human sputum known as Hamas would be far more dangerous to the world and the Middle East in general.

If Israel got out of West Bank and stopped stealing land, yes

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 01:17 - May 17 with 220 viewsDaPs166

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 22:12 - May 16 by jackrmee

If Israel got out of West Bank and stopped stealing land, yes

What land are they ‘stealing’
Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 07:32 - May 17 with 185 viewsjackrmee

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 01:17 - May 17 by DaPs166

They are building illegal settlements in the West Bank. Annexing areas which are for Palestinians. Have been doing it for half a century. Against international humanitarian law.

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 10:01 - May 17 with 150 viewscontroversial_jack

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 01:17 - May 17 by DaPs166

Did you really just ask that?
Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 10:22 - May 17 with 146 viewsDaPs166

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 07:32 - May 17 by jackrmee

They are building illegal settlements in the West Bank. Annexing areas which are for Palestinians. Have been doing it for half a century. Against international humanitarian law.

Name on area
Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 10:29 - May 17 with 145 viewsonehunglow

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 07:32 - May 17 by jackrmee

Why are they doing this there.?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024