Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh National Opera 10:35 - May 12 with 1212 viewsSullutaCreturned

They are making a fuss, demanding more moeny form the Senedd and one of them, a Soprano, is on Welsh politics this morning saying Westminster should agree an emergency funding package to safeguard jobs, seriously...WTF?

They can't safeguard TATA jobs, they can't safeguard the NHS, schools, police or social care and rhe Opera demand more money from government.

I say they can go forth and multiply. There are far more important things than jobs for a few hundred people that only a few thousand go to watch.
Welsh National Opera on 10:40 - May 12 with 878 viewsraynor94

The Sennedd thinks the only important thing is to get more members on the gravy train.

Devolution has been a costly disaster in my opinion

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Welsh National Opera on 10:55 - May 12 with 862 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh National Opera on 10:40 - May 12 by raynor94

The Sennedd thinks the only important thing is to get more members on the gravy train.

Devolution has been a costly disaster in my opinion

I agree 100% and I think the Senedd may well find some money for the WNO because it's totally unimportant in the grand scheme but it's in Cardiff and for the rich and powerful so they'll do their best.
Welsh National Opera on 15:20 - May 12 with 801 viewsReslovenSwan1

Welsh National Opera on 10:55 - May 12 by SullutaCreturned

I agree 100% and I think the Senedd may well find some money for the WNO because it's totally unimportant in the grand scheme but it's in Cardiff and for the rich and powerful so they'll do their best.

Every state needs Opera. When people do not like something they say " would not the money be better spent on the NHS" .It is true but justification for not doing anything.

The Sennedd made the Museum free entry then complain it is costing too much. Tourists go to Museum and the Opera. Swansea fans then play the second city card. WNO would have shows in Swansea presumably. Library services Opera Museums are soft services but necessary.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Welsh National Opera on 15:29 - May 12 with 799 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh National Opera on 15:20 - May 12 by ReslovenSwan1

Every state needs Opera. When people do not like something they say " would not the money be better spent on the NHS" .It is true but justification for not doing anything.

The Sennedd made the Museum free entry then complain it is costing too much. Tourists go to Museum and the Opera. Swansea fans then play the second city card. WNO would have shows in Swansea presumably. Library services Opera Museums are soft services but necessary.

Tourists go to the Opera? In which world is that then, oh yes, the world of the rich and priviliged because normal, everyday tourists don't go to Opera.

They may go to ordinary theatres, castles, museums and the beach or spend some time by a pool but the Opera?

If the Senedd said free museums are too expensive then hopefully they won't touch the Opera either.
Welsh National Opera on 15:51 - May 12 with 789 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Only opera I’m familiar with is opera Winfrey and wales definitely doesn’t need one of those.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Welsh National Opera on 16:00 - May 12 with 780 viewsReslovenSwan1

Welsh National Opera on 15:29 - May 12 by SullutaCreturned

Tourists go to the Opera? In which world is that then, oh yes, the world of the rich and priviliged because normal, everyday tourists don't go to Opera.

They may go to ordinary theatres, castles, museums and the beach or spend some time by a pool but the Opera?

If the Senedd said free museums are too expensive then hopefully they won't touch the Opera either.

Life is more about getting born surviving having children getting sick and dying after 80 years. There must be a role for the finer parts of life. Art, performance, culture , sport. School children should be given cheap or free tickets. We are not run by Pol Pot.

I personally would dump state sponsoring of Olympic sports cost billions via the Lottery. Better to use this cash for art and culture exclusively. I worked out every Olympic medal cost £12m with a fag packet calculation.

Welsh National Opera on 16:14 - May 12 with 775 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Welsh National Opera on 16:00 - May 12 by ReslovenSwan1

Life is more about getting born surviving having children getting sick and dying after 80 years. There must be a role for the finer parts of life. Art, performance, culture , sport. School children should be given cheap or free tickets. We are not run by Pol Pot.

I personally would dump state sponsoring of Olympic sports cost billions via the Lottery. Better to use this cash for art and culture exclusively. I worked out every Olympic medal cost £12m with a fag packet calculation.

There’s always hope. As they say it’s not over til the fat lady sings.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Welsh National Opera on 16:30 - May 12 with 756 viewsbuilthjack

Too much money is handed out to a lot of so called charities.
YFC for example, htow are they a charity?
[Post edited 12 May 20:59]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Welsh National Opera on 16:43 - May 12 with 731 viewsmajorraglan

I’m in no way arty and I wouldn’t go to the opera if you paid me, but I agree with you about performance, arts etc etc as they all form part of life’s rich tapestry. I know a couple of people who enjoyed singing etc in school and a couple of them have gone on to sing for the WNO.

Having a vibrant society across all aspects of the spectrum will attract people to Wales. I work with someone who plays an instrument and she loves this opera malarkey and she’s not alone. I’d rather chuck some of the extra cash going to the Senedd to the WNO for sure.
Welsh National Opera on 16:46 - May 12 with 729 viewsWhiterockin

They could always stop subsidising the airport and use the money from that.
Welsh National Opera on 17:13 - May 12 with 695 viewsReslovenSwan1

Welsh National Opera on 16:46 - May 12 by Whiterockin

They could always stop subsidising the airport and use the money from that.

Wales needs a national airport. Welsh people like to shut down their own facilities. I gets my goat when dme one from East Anglia tells me the same.

It, like Swansea city makes loses as well. Fans want quick a quick fix and a new owner. I do not want a quick fix but for the Airport and SCFC to work harder and become profitable.

The airport is subsidised by the Wesh taxpayer but it provides a useful service. SCFC losses are funded by US investors. I am grateful to both and I use and love both of these loss making concerns.

Welsh National Opera on 17:30 - May 12 with 684 viewsWhiterockin

Welsh National Opera on 17:13 - May 12 by ReslovenSwan1

Wales needs a national airport. Welsh people like to shut down their own facilities. I gets my goat when dme one from East Anglia tells me the same.

It, like Swansea city makes loses as well. Fans want quick a quick fix and a new owner. I do not want a quick fix but for the Airport and SCFC to work harder and become profitable.

The airport is subsidised by the Wesh taxpayer but it provides a useful service. SCFC losses are funded by US investors. I am grateful to both and I use and love both of these loss making concerns.

There is only so much money to go around, if you subsidise one thing somewhere else misses out. Simple finance rules really.
Welsh National Opera on 18:05 - May 12 with 645 viewsReslovenSwan1

Welsh National Opera on 17:30 - May 12 by Whiterockin

There is only so much money to go around, if you subsidise one thing somewhere else misses out. Simple finance rules really.

I draw the attention of the forum to the board of the IOC. International Olympic Committee.

https://olympics.com/ioc/members

These people are super elite and some never done a day's work in their lives including HRH Princess Anne. Wherever they go the get the very best of everything all paid for indirectly by the taxpayers. HRH would resign if standards drop and the wine quality drops.

When Manchester went for it back in the day it a was purely privately funded. They had no chance because the UK government would not guarantee its finacial success.

These freeloaders will only work if they have access to private funds. Being a dictator does not matter if the games are underwritten by the state.

Russia invaded Ukraine on February 24 2022. They delayed the slaughter of children until the children of China had done "the dance of peace" at the Chinese winter Olympics which finished on the 22 Of February.

The WNO and he like should be covered by Lottery funding not the grim sports people shaving 0.001 second off their PB.

Welsh National Opera on 18:07 - May 12 with 631 viewsWhiterockin

Welsh National Opera on 18:05 - May 12 by ReslovenSwan1

I draw the attention of the forum to the board of the IOC. International Olympic Committee.

https://olympics.com/ioc/members

These people are super elite and some never done a day's work in their lives including HRH Princess Anne. Wherever they go the get the very best of everything all paid for indirectly by the taxpayers. HRH would resign if standards drop and the wine quality drops.

When Manchester went for it back in the day it a was purely privately funded. They had no chance because the UK government would not guarantee its finacial success.

These freeloaders will only work if they have access to private funds. Being a dictator does not matter if the games are underwritten by the state.

Russia invaded Ukraine on February 24 2022. They delayed the slaughter of children until the children of China had done "the dance of peace" at the Chinese winter Olympics which finished on the 22 Of February.

The WNO and he like should be covered by Lottery funding not the grim sports people shaving 0.001 second off their PB.

None of that has anything to do with the Senedd and the WNO.
Welsh National Opera on 19:12 - May 12 with 577 viewsSullutaCreturned

You can have art, culture, performance but in a world where we can't afford healthcare and good education, where policing has become so "softly, softly" that criminals laugh at the law, how do we afford to give millions ver to something generally only watched by a few thousand and those more often than nt who come from the better off parts of society.

I find it interesting that you defend subsidising a wealthy persons past time that very few attend yet something that millions of people watch and enjoy, the Olympics, you think is too expensive.
For what it's worth I think the Olympics is too expensive too.

How many people do you think attend opera every year? In 2016/17 they reckon less than 4% in England went. I wonder how many watched the Olympics?

The Opera stat says about 2.1 million, lookmat the viewing stats for the 2012 Olympics,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2012/olympic-viewing-figs#:~:text=T
Welsh National Opera on 13:04 - May 13 with 473 viewsReslovenSwan1

Welsh National Opera on 19:12 - May 12 by SullutaCreturned

You can have art, culture, performance but in a world where we can't afford healthcare and good education, where policing has become so "softly, softly" that criminals laugh at the law, how do we afford to give millions ver to something generally only watched by a few thousand and those more often than nt who come from the better off parts of society.

I find it interesting that you defend subsidising a wealthy persons past time that very few attend yet something that millions of people watch and enjoy, the Olympics, you think is too expensive.
For what it's worth I think the Olympics is too expensive too.

How many people do you think attend opera every year? In 2016/17 they reckon less than 4% in England went. I wonder how many watched the Olympics?

The Opera stat says about 2.1 million, lookmat the viewing stats for the 2012 Olympics,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2012/olympic-viewing-figs#:~:text=T

I raised the IOC as it is in effect the supported by Lottery funding.

Opera Museums art should be funded by the Lottery. We can afford anything we like as we are massively wealthy but lacking cash and tax income. UK wealth is tied up in assets particularly property. A property tax is long overdue.

The Olympics is run by the elite of the elite world class freeloader all funder by the taxpayer.

They are also dictator friendly. London was the most crooked ever but the BBC bigged it up as the best of all time.

Welsh National Opera on 15:19 - May 13 with 438 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh National Opera on 13:04 - May 13 by ReslovenSwan1

I raised the IOC as it is in effect the supported by Lottery funding.

Opera Museums art should be funded by the Lottery. We can afford anything we like as we are massively wealthy but lacking cash and tax income. UK wealth is tied up in assets particularly property. A property tax is long overdue.

The Olympics is run by the elite of the elite world class freeloader all funder by the taxpayer.

They are also dictator friendly. London was the most crooked ever but the BBC bigged it up as the best of all time.

So athletes are freeloaders but opera loving rich people demanding public money are just fine?
If rich people want opera then pay more for it.

Swansea city makes losses but they don't ask the Senedd for money.

The IOC is not supported by UK lottery money. UK athletes are.

We are massively wealthy eh, then why can't we afford anything?
Welsh National Opera on 15:27 - May 13 with 426 viewsWhiterockin

Welsh National Opera on 15:19 - May 13 by SullutaCreturned

So athletes are freeloaders but opera loving rich people demanding public money are just fine?
If rich people want opera then pay more for it.

Swansea city makes losses but they don't ask the Senedd for money.

The IOC is not supported by UK lottery money. UK athletes are.

We are massively wealthy eh, then why can't we afford anything?

He is always free to make a monthly payment to support the arts, many do, without making a song and dance about it.
Welsh National Opera on 16:44 - May 13 with 381 viewsmax936

Welsh National Opera on 15:27 - May 13 by Whiterockin

He is always free to make a monthly payment to support the arts, many do, without making a song and dance about it.

If the luvies want to watch Opera or any of the other "arts" they can jump on a train and pop off to London and fill their boots.

Just WTF the Olympics got to do with anything, I don't, the Olympics is a massive Global sporting event, of course its gonna be expensive and some call others thick and dim

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Welsh National Opera on 17:04 - May 13 with 371 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh National Opera on 15:27 - May 13 by Whiterockin

I'm not sure he'll give his own personal money even though he expects all of us to stump up.

Remind me, is the WNO a public sector thing or is it a private business?
Welsh National Opera on 17:27 - May 13 with 353 viewsWhiterockin

Welsh National Opera on 17:04 - May 13 by SullutaCreturned

I'm not sure he'll give his own personal money even though he expects all of us to stump up.

Remind me, is the WNO a public sector thing or is it a private business?

Its listed at Companies House as a limited company. Can the National Lottery actually give funds to a limited company?
Welsh National O on 17:41 - May 13 with 329 viewsonehunglow

I like Opera
It is/ was written for “ordinary people” and much deals with life tragedy death love lust betrayal perfidy
All human life is there

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Welsh National O on 17:46 - May 13 with 317 viewsWhiterockin

Welsh National O on 17:41 - May 13 by onehunglow

I like Opera
It is/ was written for “ordinary people” and much deals with life tragedy death love lust betrayal perfidy
All human life is there

How often do you go.
Welsh National O on 19:53 - May 13 with 263 viewsonehunglow

Welsh National O on 17:46 - May 13 by Whiterockin

How often do you go.

Mainly once a year matey,more if the Welsh National are doing it .
My favourites
Tosca
Madam Butterfly
Rigoletto
La Traviata
Carmen
Aida

Regarding Aida,it has an aria sung by football fans worldwide

My point is that it is not as elitist as you think
Would you call Bryan Terfyl as such or Russell Watson, both working class lads.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Welsh National O on 20:01 - May 13 with 240 viewsWhiterockin

Welsh National O on 19:53 - May 13 by onehunglow

Mainly once a year matey,more if the Welsh National are doing it .
My favourites
Tosca
Madam Butterfly
Rigoletto
La Traviata
Carmen
Aida

Regarding Aida,it has an aria sung by football fans worldwide

My point is that it is not as elitist as you think
Would you call Bryan Terfyl as such or Russell Watson, both working class lads.

They are up in Llandudno in October with Rigoletto, and a pre performance talk if you are interested.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024