Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread 02:52 - Oct 23 with 42272 viewsModeratorC

Well hello darling …


Friday night special : Norwich player calls fan a ‘gimp’ online and Sheehan faces biggest test 24th Oct 2025 19:32
Tomorrow we see two head coaches looking downwards instead of upwards in a league game which most are now saying one has to win. The Swans and Canaries haven’t had the best of starts and in the case of Alan Sheehan and Liam Manning both are under a fair amount of pressure to win this fixture. 0




Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day and teams 25th Oct 2025 08:00
The Swans take on the Canaries today at the swansea.com (3pm) We have links to the build up below. 0




Swansea win : Two cruise missiles from Vipotnik ! 25th Oct 2025 18:09
It may well be a huge sigh of relief from both Swans head coach Alan Sheehan and his assistant Darren O’Dea. However, questions were still being asked after a second half performance bar a wonder goal from hitman Vipotnik that resembled so many this season. That isn’t to say anything other than if Sheehan gets the criticism for losing then today he gets the plaudits for winning. 2




This post has been edited by an administrator
0
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread on 14:07 - Oct 26 with 2529 viewsncswan

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread on 13:58 - Oct 26 by vetchonian

where did the assist for Vips winner come from?


That assist was credited to Eom.
0
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread on 14:15 - Oct 26 with 2503 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread on 14:07 - Oct 26 by ncswan

That assist was credited to Eom.


surely not he is a non entity

Poll: Should Coleman ask Curt for advice/help?

0
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread on 14:21 - Oct 26 with 2479 viewsFireboy2

Some of the posts ive seen over the last 20 hours make me chuckle.

We win playing quite poor, yet several posters still moan, looking at the negatives instead of the positives, because believe me there were.

This to me shows what people are like, some are only happy when they moan, they always look for the negative in everything to do with their lives.

There is one who gets others going with negativity, its like the news, you never see good news, only bad, thats why I dont watch the news and haven't read a morning paper for over 30 years.

Im definitely a half glass full person, I see positives in most things, yes understandably i get down when we lose but when we win i am happy even if we play poorly.

I know I will never change people but I find it sad when people still moan when we win, as I mentioned to UJ yesterday, id take us winning playing badly than losing playing well, which we have done quite a few times over the years.

Keep positive people, we will beat citeh giving the players confidence to smash that rat faced scummers team next Saturday 😉
1
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread on 14:50 - Oct 26 with 2419 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread on 13:58 - Oct 26 by vetchonian

where did the assist for Vips winner come from?


Stamenic and Eom.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread on 15:18 - Oct 26 with 2383 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread on 14:50 - Oct 26 by KeithHaynes

Stamenic and Eom.


I was being sarcastic Keith re comments abot Eom

Both Stamenic and Eom played superb balls to alliw Vip in

Poll: Should Coleman ask Curt for advice/help?

0
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread on 16:01 - Oct 26 with 2332 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread on 14:21 - Oct 26 by Fireboy2

Some of the posts ive seen over the last 20 hours make me chuckle.

We win playing quite poor, yet several posters still moan, looking at the negatives instead of the positives, because believe me there were.

This to me shows what people are like, some are only happy when they moan, they always look for the negative in everything to do with their lives.

There is one who gets others going with negativity, its like the news, you never see good news, only bad, thats why I dont watch the news and haven't read a morning paper for over 30 years.

Im definitely a half glass full person, I see positives in most things, yes understandably i get down when we lose but when we win i am happy even if we play poorly.

I know I will never change people but I find it sad when people still moan when we win, as I mentioned to UJ yesterday, id take us winning playing badly than losing playing well, which we have done quite a few times over the years.

Keep positive people, we will beat citeh giving the players confidence to smash that rat faced scummers team next Saturday 😉


The rat face scammer whose team is above ours after leading them out of the lower division
Horrible pucker but he has something that players want to work for him

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread on 16:27 - Oct 26 with 2312 viewsncswan

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread on 14:21 - Oct 26 by Fireboy2

Some of the posts ive seen over the last 20 hours make me chuckle.

We win playing quite poor, yet several posters still moan, looking at the negatives instead of the positives, because believe me there were.

This to me shows what people are like, some are only happy when they moan, they always look for the negative in everything to do with their lives.

There is one who gets others going with negativity, its like the news, you never see good news, only bad, thats why I dont watch the news and haven't read a morning paper for over 30 years.

Im definitely a half glass full person, I see positives in most things, yes understandably i get down when we lose but when we win i am happy even if we play poorly.

I know I will never change people but I find it sad when people still moan when we win, as I mentioned to UJ yesterday, id take us winning playing badly than losing playing well, which we have done quite a few times over the years.

Keep positive people, we will beat citeh giving the players confidence to smash that rat faced scummers team next Saturday 😉


Yes, I know some fans want a "light-switch" type of change in Swans' play. And yes, 10+ games have been played. But sometimes it takes several baby steps to get everyone on the same page, especially with as many new additions to the team.

Look at what's happening at Liverpool. Diaz, Nunez, Alexander-Arnold left and they brought in Kerkez, Frimpong, Chiesa, Wirtz, & of course Isak. Just lost yesterday, 4th straight PL loss. I don't think Slot's found the right combination just yet (plus injuries to Alisson & Isak don't help).

I still think Sheehan's the right choice but really needed yesterday's win to ease the pressure. He certainly hasn't lost his squad's confidence in him. Lots of good, positive stuff from yesterday's win, but still lots of things to sort out. Patience from our sometimes negative, highly critical posters is still needed.
1
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread on 16:40 - Oct 26 with 2291 viewshobo

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread on 15:18 - Oct 26 by vetchonian

I was being sarcastic Keith re comments abot Eom

Both Stamenic and Eom played superb balls to alliw Vip in


Eom showed great awareness there. You see him check where Vip is as soon as he spots Norwich have turned the ball over
1
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread on 16:44 - Oct 26 with 2281 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread on 16:27 - Oct 26 by ncswan

Yes, I know some fans want a "light-switch" type of change in Swans' play. And yes, 10+ games have been played. But sometimes it takes several baby steps to get everyone on the same page, especially with as many new additions to the team.

Look at what's happening at Liverpool. Diaz, Nunez, Alexander-Arnold left and they brought in Kerkez, Frimpong, Chiesa, Wirtz, & of course Isak. Just lost yesterday, 4th straight PL loss. I don't think Slot's found the right combination just yet (plus injuries to Alisson & Isak don't help).

I still think Sheehan's the right choice but really needed yesterday's win to ease the pressure. He certainly hasn't lost his squad's confidence in him. Lots of good, positive stuff from yesterday's win, but still lots of things to sort out. Patience from our sometimes negative, highly critical posters is still needed.


The win and the manner of the performance are two different things though.

I’m with FB if we take each game individually, 3 points regardless of the performance. But we have to look at the bigger picture and understand we are not going to win every game playing badly. We need a plan, a strategy, a set of tactics that increase our chances of winning every game.

This is why I don’t think Sheehan is the right coach because I see nothing inventive or training ground driven in any of the games. Every game is the same and I don’t see too much of an improvement. Don’t forget, our 4 wins this season are against the teams in the bottom 4. That’s not a coincidence.

But just for the record, delighted with the win and 3 points yesterday😁

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

2
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread on 16:56 - Oct 26 with 2270 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread on 16:27 - Oct 26 by ncswan

Yes, I know some fans want a "light-switch" type of change in Swans' play. And yes, 10+ games have been played. But sometimes it takes several baby steps to get everyone on the same page, especially with as many new additions to the team.

Look at what's happening at Liverpool. Diaz, Nunez, Alexander-Arnold left and they brought in Kerkez, Frimpong, Chiesa, Wirtz, & of course Isak. Just lost yesterday, 4th straight PL loss. I don't think Slot's found the right combination just yet (plus injuries to Alisson & Isak don't help).

I still think Sheehan's the right choice but really needed yesterday's win to ease the pressure. He certainly hasn't lost his squad's confidence in him. Lots of good, positive stuff from yesterday's win, but still lots of things to sort out. Patience from our sometimes negative, highly critical posters is still needed.


Thing is, we’ve been here before with the previous three managers. We can see when things are drifting along and when there is genuine change.

Yes we won, but it was courtesy of two brilliant strikes when we actually created very little. Vipotnik isn’t going to be able to score goals like that every week.

There were improvements. We restricted Norwich to very little. I thought Stamenic looked closer to the player he was when he got here. Not being able to play through defences, when it happens most games, is a real concern.

If we’d won 2-1 but missed four or five decent chances, I think a lot of us would think he may be turning a corner.
2
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread on 17:18 - Oct 26 with 2233 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread on 16:56 - Oct 26 by jack247

Thing is, we’ve been here before with the previous three managers. We can see when things are drifting along and when there is genuine change.

Yes we won, but it was courtesy of two brilliant strikes when we actually created very little. Vipotnik isn’t going to be able to score goals like that every week.

There were improvements. We restricted Norwich to very little. I thought Stamenic looked closer to the player he was when he got here. Not being able to play through defences, when it happens most games, is a real concern.

If we’d won 2-1 but missed four or five decent chances, I think a lot of us would think he may be turning a corner.


Spot on.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

0
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread on 17:52 - Oct 26 with 2186 viewsjohnlangy

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread on 16:44 - Oct 26 by union_jack

The win and the manner of the performance are two different things though.

I’m with FB if we take each game individually, 3 points regardless of the performance. But we have to look at the bigger picture and understand we are not going to win every game playing badly. We need a plan, a strategy, a set of tactics that increase our chances of winning every game.

This is why I don’t think Sheehan is the right coach because I see nothing inventive or training ground driven in any of the games. Every game is the same and I don’t see too much of an improvement. Don’t forget, our 4 wins this season are against the teams in the bottom 4. That’s not a coincidence.

But just for the record, delighted with the win and 3 points yesterday😁


I agree.

Delighted with the three points regardless of how we played. But we've played twelve games now and I don't see a strategy. We should at least be seeing patterns of play built on the training ground. Even if they don't come off at least we'd recognize what they're trying to do.
1
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread on 18:47 - Oct 26 with 2133 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread on 17:52 - Oct 26 by johnlangy

I agree.

Delighted with the three points regardless of how we played. But we've played twelve games now and I don't see a strategy. We should at least be seeing patterns of play built on the training ground. Even if they don't come off at least we'd recognize what they're trying to do.


Exactly John.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

0
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread on 18:58 - Oct 26 with 2118 viewsncswan

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread on 16:56 - Oct 26 by jack247

Thing is, we’ve been here before with the previous three managers. We can see when things are drifting along and when there is genuine change.

Yes we won, but it was courtesy of two brilliant strikes when we actually created very little. Vipotnik isn’t going to be able to score goals like that every week.

There were improvements. We restricted Norwich to very little. I thought Stamenic looked closer to the player he was when he got here. Not being able to play through defences, when it happens most games, is a real concern.

If we’d won 2-1 but missed four or five decent chances, I think a lot of us would think he may be turning a corner.


Ronald had 2 or 3 decent runs, with one of his shots on goal forcing the keeper to tip onto the crossbar. He still is so inconsistent and is one of those things that need sorting out, or find someone who can get a decent cross in or a shot off more consistently.

I agree with most who thought Stamenic's play was superb a lot of the game but I agree with an earlier post during the game that "he was looking for a yellow card", and he finally got one.

I also don't like seeing a short corner toward the end of the game when we had so many much taller players on the pitch to try to get a 3rd goal.

And, although Eom was credited with an assist, his overall play is still lacking, running around with or without the ball like an aimless, headless horseman.

But, the game was won, and the team did have a lot of good, improved play. As I said before, Sheehan still has his team believing in him, and that's what most owners will monitor. When the team stops believing in him, then he can start packing, and OHL can drive down to pick him up and take him to his next destination.
2
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread on 19:40 - Oct 26 with 2074 viewsJJBomber

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread on 16:44 - Oct 26 by union_jack

The win and the manner of the performance are two different things though.

I’m with FB if we take each game individually, 3 points regardless of the performance. But we have to look at the bigger picture and understand we are not going to win every game playing badly. We need a plan, a strategy, a set of tactics that increase our chances of winning every game.

This is why I don’t think Sheehan is the right coach because I see nothing inventive or training ground driven in any of the games. Every game is the same and I don’t see too much of an improvement. Don’t forget, our 4 wins this season are against the teams in the bottom 4. That’s not a coincidence.

But just for the record, delighted with the win and 3 points yesterday😁


A win of any shape, form or description was the priority yesterday. We'll take the 3 points and climb to mid table Sometimes winning ugly is what is needed. It's not a formula for long term success, but sometimes any win will do.
It's 4 wins against the bottom 4 teams and a draw against 5th from bottom. I'm looking forward to the game against 6th from bottom!
1
Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread on 11:58 - Oct 27 with 1872 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Norwich City : Match day thread on 18:58 - Oct 26 by ncswan

Ronald had 2 or 3 decent runs, with one of his shots on goal forcing the keeper to tip onto the crossbar. He still is so inconsistent and is one of those things that need sorting out, or find someone who can get a decent cross in or a shot off more consistently.

I agree with most who thought Stamenic's play was superb a lot of the game but I agree with an earlier post during the game that "he was looking for a yellow card", and he finally got one.

I also don't like seeing a short corner toward the end of the game when we had so many much taller players on the pitch to try to get a 3rd goal.

And, although Eom was credited with an assist, his overall play is still lacking, running around with or without the ball like an aimless, headless horseman.

But, the game was won, and the team did have a lot of good, improved play. As I said before, Sheehan still has his team believing in him, and that's what most owners will monitor. When the team stops believing in him, then he can start packing, and OHL can drive down to pick him up and take him to his next destination.


I can easily get to Swansea on one home charge of the car
No probs

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026