Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the three week break too long ? 17:55 - Oct 1 with 2348 viewsKeithHaynes

For me it’s been an issue as there is another two week stoppage in November. That’s five weeks without club football in something like twelve. It will affect some clubs, hopefully not the Swans.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
Is the three week break too long ? on 15:25 - Oct 3 with 362 viewsunion_jack

Is the three week break too long ? on 10:26 - Oct 3 by Whiterockin

Give it a rest it really is tedious, you are doing yourself no favours.


To be honest, I can’t see anything wrong in what he said. But I’m not an international fan so to me it gets in the way and is an unnecessary risk. I don’t mind the major tournaments so much but I get the feeling there’s just too much football which=ch can have an adverse effect on a player and in turn his bread and butter job.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

0
Is the three week break too long ? on 15:35 - Oct 3 with 334 viewsjack247

Is the three week break too long ? on 15:25 - Oct 3 by union_jack

To be honest, I can’t see anything wrong in what he said. But I’m not an international fan so to me it gets in the way and is an unnecessary risk. I don’t mind the major tournaments so much but I get the feeling there’s just too much football which=ch can have an adverse effect on a player and in turn his bread and butter job.


Wales have 8 games this season (plus 2 after it finishes), the Swans have 48 minimum, more if we’re in the playoffs or have a run in the FA cup
0
Is the three week break too long ? on 15:38 - Oct 3 with 327 viewsWhiterockin

Is the three week break too long ? on 15:25 - Oct 3 by union_jack

To be honest, I can’t see anything wrong in what he said. But I’m not an international fan so to me it gets in the way and is an unnecessary risk. I don’t mind the major tournaments so much but I get the feeling there’s just too much football which=ch can have an adverse effect on a player and in turn his bread and butter job.


This international break looks like a massive kick start to Waltas career and a career changing one for Eom. Cabango has shown he has no problem with marking the best striker in the Premier League which should boost his confidence. I suppose its if you look for positives or negatives.
0
Is the three week break too long ? on 15:56 - Oct 3 with 302 viewsunion_jack

Is the three week break too long ? on 15:38 - Oct 3 by Whiterockin

This international break looks like a massive kick start to Waltas career and a career changing one for Eom. Cabango has shown he has no problem with marking the best striker in the Premier League which should boost his confidence. I suppose its if you look for positives or negatives.


There are both of course but the negatives can be more disastrous by nature.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

0
Is the three week break too long ? on 16:09 - Oct 3 with 274 viewsonehunglow

Is the three week break too long ? on 15:25 - Oct 3 by union_jack

To be honest, I can’t see anything wrong in what he said. But I’m not an international fan so to me it gets in the way and is an unnecessary risk. I don’t mind the major tournaments so much but I get the feeling there’s just too much football which=ch can have an adverse effect on a player and in turn his bread and butter job.


I’m assuming he’s talking about me
I follow other sites and those who see no risk with international breaks are few and far between
If one prioritises club success then it didn’t mean one “ hates” internationals or is in any way less of a patriot


A swans promotions is teceted far longer that any international because club is about ones immediate family
It’s on the soul

Internationals are where those with Welsh grannies get international apps to stocking their trophy cabinet
Wales also had Vincent Jones leading our country out
My dog is more Welsh

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
Is the three week break too long ? on 16:19 - Oct 3 with 259 viewsncswan

The question for debate is, "Is the 3 wk break too long?". Yes, it's too long!

As for others who question international duty & honor vs. club allegiance, I suggest we ask the players themselves what they think. I bet most players wouldn't want to give up the chance to play for their country as it gives them a platform to shine and enhance their football careers, which leads to more money for them. I don't begrudge a player for doing/thinking that. They have a very short period to earn a lot of money for a God-given talent. Good for them!
0
Is the three week break too long ? on 16:30 - Oct 3 with 248 viewsjack247

Is the three week break too long ? on 16:19 - Oct 3 by ncswan

The question for debate is, "Is the 3 wk break too long?". Yes, it's too long!

As for others who question international duty & honor vs. club allegiance, I suggest we ask the players themselves what they think. I bet most players wouldn't want to give up the chance to play for their country as it gives them a platform to shine and enhance their football careers, which leads to more money for them. I don't begrudge a player for doing/thinking that. They have a very short period to earn a lot of money for a God-given talent. Good for them!


The three week thing is slightly out of context. We don’t call it a one week break between every Saturday game, it’s just the normal season.

We’ve missed two weekends here and a further one next month.

The actual debate is just people who aren’t interested in international football missing their club football. I don’t agree with them, but I think it’s a valid point of view.

Anything about injuries, tiredness doesn’t account for the fact that every team in the Championship has players on international duty. It’s not as if it disadvantages us specifically, that’s just pessimism.
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026