Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? 00:58 - Oct 19 with 4130 viewsJokeren1943

Is the reason why Swansea have performed so average in the Premier League (not in Europa League) this season, because the heart in Swanseas "machine room" the defensive midfielder (Canas) and the creative midfielder (Shelvey) are new in Swansea and need some time together before they preform optimal.

Or are they just not good enough (Canas and Shelvey)?

Have we as fans underestimated the time it takes to fine tune our new central midfield.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2013 0:59]
The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 01:44 - Oct 19 with 3200 viewsJoeBaxi

My opinion is that they (Canas and Shelvey) are not good enough.

Well, they were'nt good enough for their previous teams were they!!

Missed Ash loads BTW. Euro's destroying the team
The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 01:47 - Oct 19 with 3196 viewsNeathJack

We're one point up on last yea ffs.
The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 01:48 - Oct 19 with 3194 viewsNeathJack

We're one point up on last year ffs.
The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 03:14 - Oct 19 with 3145 viewsjoswan17

The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 01:48 - Oct 19 by NeathJack

We're one point up on last year ffs.

I don't know, I think people are being a little harsh on the team. Look at the teams we've played, bar Southamptkn away we've done well. Lost to teams you'd consider any points to be a bonus. These next couple of months will be huge for us, against teams we need to pick points up from.

For me, performances have been there, it's just coming up against top opposition.

Perhaps I'm alone in thinking this.

There once was an ugly duckling...

The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 09:19 - Oct 19 with 2962 viewsjohnlangy

The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 03:14 - Oct 19 by joswan17

I don't know, I think people are being a little harsh on the team. Look at the teams we've played, bar Southamptkn away we've done well. Lost to teams you'd consider any points to be a bonus. These next couple of months will be huge for us, against teams we need to pick points up from.

For me, performances have been there, it's just coming up against top opposition.

Totally agree.
The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 09:43 - Oct 19 with 2915 viewspencoedjack

The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 09:19 - Oct 19 by johnlangy

Totally agree.

Me also

Like at least 11 points from next 5 games

Sunderland
West Ham
Malaysian Dragons
Stoke
Fulham
The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 10:05 - Oct 19 with 2870 viewsblaine_scfc

The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 01:44 - Oct 19 by JoeBaxi

My opinion is that they (Canas and Shelvey) are not good enough.

Well, they were'nt good enough for their previous teams were they!!

Missed Ash loads BTW. Euro's destroying the team

Canas was real betis captain, and he couldn't agree new contract. What are you on about?
The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 10:18 - Oct 19 with 2850 viewsGowerjack

The 1st name on my teamsheet would always be Leon Britton.

JDG suits our style of play much better than Shelvey.

That is all.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Login to get fewer ads

The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 10:20 - Oct 19 with 2828 viewsblaine_scfc

The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 10:18 - Oct 19 by Gowerjack

That is all.

Wouldn't play JDG in the development squad at the moment.

That is all
The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 10:25 - Oct 19 with 2817 viewsItchySphincter

The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 10:18 - Oct 19 by Gowerjack

That is all.

You are of course correct.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 10:27 - Oct 19 with 2803 viewsGowerjack

The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 10:20 - Oct 19 by blaine_scfc

Wouldn't play JDG in the development squad at the moment.

That is all

You know what they say about opinions?

They are like assholes....

Everyone has one.

Plastic since 1974

The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 10:27 - Oct 19 with 2799 viewsGowerjack

The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 10:25 - Oct 19 by ItchySphincter

You are of course correct.

Thank you.

Plastic since 1974

The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 10:50 - Oct 19 with 2726 views_

The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 10:27 - Oct 19 by Gowerjack

You know what they say about opinions?

They are like assholes....

Everyone has one.

Yep, and you're one of the biggest arseholes on here.

Leon to play today in Gower Jack's arsehole, oops I mean opinion.

Canas for me....

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 10:55 - Oct 19 with 2703 viewsOldjack

It's all down too missed chances ,there's nowt wrong with the rest

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 11:01 - Oct 19 with 2684 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I like Canas and think he's a very important player for us.

I have come to the conclusion though, that in the absence of Ash we're better off with Leon in that position. He breaks up the opposition better and therefore protects the back four better than Canas. We lose a bit attacking wise because Canas has a better range of passing than Leon but Leon holds his position better and with Ash missing that's important.

Chico needs to get a grip today as well. His performance at Southampton was poor in my opinion. In fact I thought Amat played better on the day.

The interbore has seemed endless this time and I'm really looking forward to this week with three home games. Starting to get the buzz.................

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 11:03 - Oct 19 with 2676 viewsGowerjack

The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 10:50 - Oct 19 by _

Canas for me....

Are you called The Second Coming because the 1st one ran down your mothers leg?

Plastic since 1974

The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 11:07 - Oct 19 with 2657 viewsDarran

Wow after all that was said yesterday T2C starts abusing the first person that doesn't agree with his opinion.
I'd like to say I'm surprised but I'm honestly not.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 11:27 - Oct 19 with 2611 viewsblaine_scfc

The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 11:01 - Oct 19 by Joe_bradshaw

I like Canas and think he's a very important player for us.

I have come to the conclusion though, that in the absence of Ash we're better off with Leon in that position. He breaks up the opposition better and therefore protects the back four better than Canas. We lose a bit attacking wise because Canas has a better range of passing than Leon but Leon holds his position better and with Ash missing that's important.

Chico needs to get a grip today as well. His performance at Southampton was poor in my opinion. In fact I thought Amat played better on the day.

The interbore has seemed endless this time and I'm really looking forward to this week with three home games. Starting to get the buzz.................

I'd probably agree with that. Nothing wrong with canas, will be an important player for us in Europe and prem, I would probably play Britton today though with canas back in on Thursday.

It's only early in the season, but very nervous about today already.
The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 11:31 - Oct 19 with 2595 viewsJackanapes

The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 01:47 - Oct 19 by NeathJack

We're one point up on last yea ffs.

And even if we draw today, that will still be the case.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 11:31 - Oct 19 with 2592 viewsthejack1912

Shelvey hasn't had much game time before joining us. Apart from his two mishaps against Liverpool I thought he was outstanding and reacted v.well for his age. Give him time mun.

Poll: After making over 300 Apperences is Rangel a Swansea Legend?

The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 11:34 - Oct 19 with 2577 viewsWhiterockin

The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 03:14 - Oct 19 by joswan17

You are not alone
The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 11:39 - Oct 19 with 2565 viewsJackanapes

Without wishing to overanalyse things, apart from 45 minutes vs liverpool, our home performances have been underwhelming, accepting we have had a very tough start.
Importantly, though, we have still only played three home games.
The time has come to stop excusing our (in my opinion) misleading league position though. We have two homes games that we really should win. If we get any less than 4 points from the two games, we will no longer have the peace of mind of knowing we are gaining points at the same rate that we did last season[in comparable games](which is the main reason that I have managed to maintain a sensible view on the season thus far)
[Post edited 19 Oct 2013 11:40]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 11:58 - Oct 19 with 2530 viewsPlasticman

The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 10:05 - Oct 19 by blaine_scfc

Canas was real betis captain, and he couldn't agree new contract. What are you on about?

That was my thought too.

Sure, Shelvey was/is a wildcard. Lots of talent, but needs a run of games to be able to mold that talent into properoutput. Games he are getting now and thus should in the future give us a good return on it. How people think that should translate into being a worldclass player at the outset is beyond me.

Canas was captain of his own club and they wouldn't sell him even though his contract was running out. We tried buying him earlier, remember, and Betis refused to sell him because they felt they needed him as long as they could have him, even though they knew we would get him for free in the end as a result.

I can't for the world of it see why people feel a need to slam these players as I feel they have done well under the circumstances.

Plastic since 2012

The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 12:09 - Oct 19 with 2511 viewsLeonisGod

IMO, in order of importance:
1. Euro distraction
2. Injuries - Ash, Leon, Angel
3. Lot of changes to the squad

But we're really not doing too badly. Next few games should (on paper) give us a chance to pick up some points.
The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 12:15 - Oct 19 with 2484 viewscrackerjack

The reason why Swansea is average in the PL in the moment? on 10:50 - Oct 19 by _

Canas for me....

Genuinely LOL there!

"Lead me from tortured dreams Childhood themes of nights alone...."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024