Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why don't we play Donnelly? 16:11 - Dec 29 with 2908 viewsS0LID

He's a good player, and this would be the perfect time to give him some experience. I get the feeling that Vazquez is another bum deal. Laudrup needs to make some bold moves!
Why don't we play Donnelly? on 16:17 - Dec 29 with 2198 viewsdgt73

Maybe he's just not good enough.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 16:19 - Dec 29 with 2187 viewsDr_Winston

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 16:17 - Dec 29 by dgt73

Maybe he's just not good enough.

Won't know unless we try him. I'm not overly keen to trust Laudrup's opinion on strikers.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 16:24 - Dec 29 with 2172 viewsdgt73

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 16:19 - Dec 29 by Dr_Winston

Won't know unless we try him. I'm not overly keen to trust Laudrup's opinion on strikers.

I know what you are saying but ML will know how he's doing in the u-21 side and maybe his performances dont merit a call up to the first team. Anyone know how he is performing by the way?

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 16:25 - Dec 29 with 2158 viewsJackfath

If he's not going to play him then surely the time is right to send him out on loan to a lower league club?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 16:38 - Dec 29 with 2121 viewsjackado

if im right he`s played 11 u21`s games so far this season and scored in 8 of them
Why don't we play Donnelly? on 16:52 - Dec 29 with 2084 viewsQuakerJack

Absolutely agree with the OP. There is no possible way he can be any worse so why not give him some game time and experience and see how he goes. At least when balls go into key areas he'll put his body on the line rather than sh*t out like vasquez did against Everton.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 16:59 - Dec 29 with 2050 viewsairedale

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 16:25 - Dec 29 by Jackfath

If he's not going to play him then surely the time is right to send him out on loan to a lower league club?

This.

A good idea too (imo) would be to operate a lower league club and put the relevant development players in that, like Barcelona do.

I really don't see the benefit of this U21s setup, there's not enough competitiveness or a regular supply of games.
Why don't we play Donnelly? on 17:20 - Dec 29 with 1998 viewsJackfath

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 16:59 - Dec 29 by airedale

This.

A good idea too (imo) would be to operate a lower league club and put the relevant development players in that, like Barcelona do.

I really don't see the benefit of this U21s setup, there's not enough competitiveness or a regular supply of games.

Like Newport County.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Login to get fewer ads

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 17:22 - Dec 29 with 1991 viewsswancity

He hasn't been doing enough in training to warrant a chance but he looked a decent prospect in some of the pre season games. Failed to take his chances in the European away tie which didn't help. Vasquez hasn't done well yet and as we know from schecter ml likes to give his signings every chance.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 17:24 - Dec 29 with 1984 viewsquiff

I know it will be tough at Old Trafford, but isn't the FA Cup game the ideal time to test the theory?

Poll: Is now the time for a Coordinated Fan protest?

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 17:26 - Dec 29 with 1977 viewsraynor94

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 16:52 - Dec 29 by QuakerJack

Absolutely agree with the OP. There is no possible way he can be any worse so why not give him some game time and experience and see how he goes. At least when balls go into key areas he'll put his body on the line rather than sh*t out like vasquez did against Everton.

So how do you come to those conclusions? do you watch Donnelly regular? don't you honestly think there is a reason he' not near the first team

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 17:28 - Dec 29 with 1971 viewsPhil_S

The best thing we could do with Donnelly is loan him out for a season to a Championship/League One team - game time regularly would be the best thing for him.
Why don't we play Donnelly? on 17:36 - Dec 29 with 1934 viewsDr_Winston

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 17:26 - Dec 29 by raynor94

So how do you come to those conclusions? do you watch Donnelly regular? don't you honestly think there is a reason he' not near the first team

At the moment the main reason seems to be because Laudrup didn't sign him.

He scored well in pre-season, and has done well in the U21's. Even in the very limited game time he's had he's looked no worse than Vasquez in comparison.

It's hard to see what else he can do.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 17:41 - Dec 29 with 1910 viewsswancity

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 17:36 - Dec 29 by Dr_Winston

At the moment the main reason seems to be because Laudrup didn't sign him.

He scored well in pre-season, and has done well in the U21's. Even in the very limited game time he's had he's looked no worse than Vasquez in comparison.

It's hard to see what else he can do.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I don't think he is as sharp as Vasquez but he deserves a chance on the big stage as Vasquez is struggling for confidence as illustrated when he took the ball wide when through on goal recently v Everton.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 18:10 - Dec 29 with 1856 viewsQuakerJack

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 17:26 - Dec 29 by raynor94

If he's worse than vasquez then we may as well sell him.i watch vasquez regularly enough to know that if we bring donnelly in instead, then we're no better off so what have we got to lose. Vasquez offers us absolutely nothing, if donnelly does the same then what have we lost?

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 18:21 - Dec 29 with 1817 viewsGrandPrix

It is like Taylors injury, without it would Ben have had the chance so soon?

I bet around the country there are hundreds of talented local kids who will fade away because no one was brave enough to throw them into the big stage.

There should be a rule where you play so many U21 players during a season for more than a few mins a game, it is up to the manager what games they decide and everyone would be on a level playing field because every club would have to do the same...........maybe a few more rough diamonds would be un-covered then.

Playing under 21's is fine with a handful of people watching, the big stage is where players who maybe looked average shine and the ones you thought would make it fold.

That is where rugby is far better at discovering home grown talent than football

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 18:42 - Dec 29 with 1742 viewsQuakerJack

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 18:21 - Dec 29 by GrandPrix

It is like Taylors injury, without it would Ben have had the chance so soon?

I bet around the country there are hundreds of talented local kids who will fade away because no one was brave enough to throw them into the big stage.

There should be a rule where you play so many U21 players during a season for more than a few mins a game, it is up to the manager what games they decide and everyone would be on a level playing field because every club would have to do the same...........maybe a few more rough diamonds would be un-covered then.

Playing under 21's is fine with a handful of people watching, the big stage is where players who maybe looked average shine and the ones you thought would make it fold.

That is where rugby is far better at discovering home grown talent than football

Exactly, I know vasquez is sh!t because I've seen it, I don't know what donnelly is like because we've not seen him. I'm not saying play him ahead of bony or michu.

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 18:52 - Dec 29 with 1725 viewstherealme

because he doesn't have an exotic name

well it sure as hell aint judged on ability. last season itay now alvaro

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 19:06 - Dec 29 with 1685 viewsskippyjack

We're crying out for a poacher to come off the bench and nick one.. he'll be well up for it.. i see no harm in it.. it might make him.. if he scores a winner or equalizing goal.. might be the David Fairclough, Solskjaer, Phillips sitting in the reserves.. it is the unbeatable elite after all.. might be worth a shot. (no pun intended)

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 19:08 - Dec 29 with 1677 viewssomersetsimon

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 17:22 - Dec 29 by swancity

He hasn't been doing enough in training to warrant a chance but he looked a decent prospect in some of the pre season games. Failed to take his chances in the European away tie which didn't help. Vasquez hasn't done well yet and as we know from schecter ml likes to give his signings every chance.

Donnelly missed a few chances in Romania, but did score a goal that should have stood. I can't see that he'd be any worse than Vasquez plus he's tall, so would be more of a threat in the air (if we could cross the ball). He scored some good goals in pre-season, so I don't know what else he could be expected to do.
Why don't we play Donnelly? on 19:10 - Dec 29 with 1657 viewsJackfath

Sadly the same people would be slating him if he did come off the bench and miss opportunities.

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 19:13 - Dec 29 with 1644 viewsDull1Thomas

Having seen him play it wouldn't do the lad a any good to expose him to the premier league. Have those quoting his goals at Under 21 level seen him play? And what his goals were like?
A loan might not be so perfect and who to? Goal scorers are expected to perform from the off and if they don't the loan becomes a confidence killer

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 19:17 - Dec 29 with 1629 viewstylagarwjack

I've only seen him at Exeter in a friendly which was a few months ago and so admittedly a limited view but he still seems to lack physical strength even after 18 months as a full time pro as IMO Exeter's defenders bullied him physicaaly. As has already been said, a loan spell at as high a level as possible seems to be the next logical step for him. Re Vasquez at least he seems to find shooting positions whereas Itay barely had a shot before his (deflected) goal at Wigan.
Why don't we play Donnelly? on 19:23 - Dec 29 with 1610 viewsskippyjack

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 19:13 - Dec 29 by Dull1Thomas

Having seen him play it wouldn't do the lad a any good to expose him to the premier league. Have those quoting his goals at Under 21 level seen him play? And what his goals were like?
A loan might not be so perfect and who to? Goal scorers are expected to perform from the off and if they don't the loan becomes a confidence killer

Nope but iv'e seen him play in the 1st team scoring.. what's the harm in trying it?.. i don't want him to start.. if it's a tight game like the Spurs, Chelsea, Villa games.. give him a shot off the bench.. if it fails it's not a disaster.. it's Man City, Man United and Spurs.. the teams we don't expect anything to happen against.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 19:50 - Dec 29 with 1566 viewsperchrockjack

Are people supporting VASQUEZ purely because he is in our squad and wearing our shirt.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024