Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FANS FORUM 19:23 - Apr 28 with 2224 viewsjohnlangy

Is this now a good time for the Trust to hold another forum so we can get answers to the many questions supporters have asked throughout the season ?

The biggest one is extending the Stadium. Apparently the delay now is the Travel Plan. Well, what's happening ? Is the plan being sorted as we speak ? How far are we from it being complete and the Travel Plan work starting ?

This is an extract from the Trust minutes from 17th March -

'Liberty Stadium Expansion — it’s not what supporters want to hear, but, Outline Planning consent was just the first step, there are still many boxes to tick before work can begin, we are probably about a year away from gaining full planning consent.'

Outline planning consent was received some time before the Trust board meeting on 27th January. That's about 4 months so far.

I'm not complaining about what's been said but I do want to know what's happening and I want the Club/Trust to keep us informed about progress.
FANS FORUM on 19:25 - Apr 28 with 1474 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

What I'd like to know is how Cardiff managed to gain planning permission and tick all these supposed other boxes in a matter of weeks where as it is taking us years?

I don't want a pathetic answer such as 'the travel plan is a bit iffy' like we keep getting. We should be working around the clock, 24/7 to get this done. It is a joke to be honest.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

FANS FORUM on 19:27 - Apr 28 with 1461 viewsDarran

There's a forum being arranged for Port Talbot Football Club I believe.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

FANS FORUM on 19:34 - Apr 28 with 1435 viewsSTEVE1

FANS FORUM on 19:25 - Apr 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

What I'd like to know is how Cardiff managed to gain planning permission and tick all these supposed other boxes in a matter of weeks where as it is taking us years?

I don't want a pathetic answer such as 'the travel plan is a bit iffy' like we keep getting. We should be working around the clock, 24/7 to get this done. It is a joke to be honest.

If they wanted it to happen it would have happened, I went to the AGM and it was clear there without actually saying it outright that they were dragging their feet. It is shortsighted they would fill it even if they just did phase 1 at the moment it is becoming a closed shop with the youngsters having little chance to have seats with parents.
FANS FORUM on 19:35 - Apr 28 with 1424 viewsGowerjack

Now I may be wrong here but I seem to recall the planning permission was fully granted.

I don't recall any caveats relating to the travel plan.

Can't find anything on the Council website and there was nothing in the media coverage either.

The only place this has been mooted is from the Trust as far as I can tell.

Can anyone confirm the truth of this ?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

FANS FORUM on 19:38 - Apr 28 with 1405 viewstomdickharry

Answer to your question is simple,when the Cardiff City stadium was built a brand new road traffic management system was put in place.
FANS FORUM on 19:45 - Apr 28 with 1371 viewsPozuelosSideys

Id imagine the travel plan, ie all the road layouts and stations and whatever, will be the troublesome bit to sort out due to the number of parties involved. No doubt the locals residents will get involved, as will old bill, travel companies, council etc etc.

Its Swansea after all, takes fcking years to get anything sorted.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

FANS FORUM on 19:46 - Apr 28 with 1367 viewsBrynmill_Jack

FANS FORUM on 19:38 - Apr 28 by tomdickharry

Answer to your question is simple,when the Cardiff City stadium was built a brand new road traffic management system was put in place.

But the roads haven't changed around Leckwith so what's the board's excuse for Landore?
All they have to do is negotiate with first cymru and though it may take a subsidy what is that to our club, one of the 50 richest in the world just stick some extra buses on?
It wouldnt have to be free transport, fans don't mind paying as they have to pay to park their cars anyway.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

FANS FORUM on 19:48 - Apr 28 with 1367 viewsdgt73

For once I agree with you, something needs to be done regarding the expansion. Gone on way to long.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Login to get fewer ads

FANS FORUM on 19:53 - Apr 28 with 1343 viewsSTEVE1

FANS FORUM on 19:46 - Apr 28 by Brynmill_Jack

But the roads haven't changed around Leckwith so what's the board's excuse for Landore?
All they have to do is negotiate with first cymru and though it may take a subsidy what is that to our club, one of the 50 richest in the world just stick some extra buses on?
It wouldnt have to be free transport, fans don't mind paying as they have to pay to park their cars anyway.

Another lane was added to the main road there which took 18 months I might be wrong but I think the biggest problem is parking it would be good if they could get a train station on site.
FANS FORUM on 19:55 - Apr 28 with 1327 viewsStarsky

FANS FORUM on 19:46 - Apr 28 by Brynmill_Jack

We gave one park & ride car park to a gypsy family and then built them a £90k toilet block.

It's just the internet, init.

FANS FORUM on 19:57 - Apr 28 with 1312 viewsBrynmill_Jack

FANS FORUM on 19:55 - Apr 28 by Starsky

We gave one park & ride car park to a gypsy family and then built them a £90k toilet block.

We being the council????

FANS FORUM on 19:58 - Apr 28 with 1309 views3swan

FANS FORUM on 19:35 - Apr 28 by Gowerjack

Now I may be wrong here but I seem to recall the planning permission was fully granted.

I don't recall any caveats relating to the travel plan.

Can't find anything on the Council website and there was nothing in the media coverage either.

The only place this has been mooted is from the Trust as far as I can tell.

Can anyone confirm the truth of this ?

Not 100% sure, but I think I read that the transport issues had to be sorted before ALL the work was done on the stadium and the first phase could still go ahead.

Can't remember where I read it though
FANS FORUM on 19:58 - Apr 28 with 1304 viewsStarsky

FANS FORUM on 19:57 - Apr 28 by Brynmill_Jack

We being the council????

Er yes. I should have said the council.

It's just the internet, init.

FANS FORUM on 20:01 - Apr 28 with 1284 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Why haven't we appointed an expert in traffic management or whatever the field is to get this sorted ASAP? We as the fans are being treated like fools, being fed tiny, minuscule pieces of information hoping it will keep the masses silent a bit longer.

FANS FORUM on 20:04 - Apr 28 with 1268 viewsjohnlangy

FANS FORUM on 19:27 - Apr 28 by Darran

There's a forum being arranged for Port Talbot Football Club I believe.

Fair enough, I didn't know that. But the Forums i've been to have been more a fun night out than anything with supporters asking whichever player was there what his best ever goal was and stuff like that.

What I would like is a Forum specifically to update us, and answer questions about important stuff like Stadium expansion. And the Liberty is the obvious place to hold it due to capacity.
FANS FORUM on 20:23 - Apr 28 with 1202 viewsBrynmill_Jack

FANS FORUM on 19:58 - Apr 28 by Starsky

Er yes. I should have said the council.

No starsk I wasn't having a go, just amazed they decided to plonk them there rather than evict them somewhere more appropriate when they knew our plans to expand may be affected. But coming from an outfit that chose to turn our patti pavilion into an Indian restaurant it's not altogether that surprising really

FANS FORUM on 20:25 - Apr 28 with 1193 viewsBrynmill_Jack

FANS FORUM on 20:01 - Apr 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Why haven't we appointed an expert in traffic management or whatever the field is to get this sorted ASAP? We as the fans are being treated like fools, being fed tiny, minuscule pieces of information hoping it will keep the masses silent a bit longer.

Dwight son I'm with you all the way this time mate. Shocking

FANS FORUM on 20:29 - Apr 28 with 1180 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

FANS FORUM on 20:25 - Apr 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Dwight son I'm with you all the way this time mate. Shocking

I hope you and many others are drafting up a long list of questions to put forth to the board at the next available opportunity also.

One person asking will be swatted away with a pathetic answer like we already get. If large numbers of our support stand up and demand answers together then the board will be under more pressure to give their fans, their customers, the people who pay their excessive salaries and dividends a fair answer and explanation.

FANS FORUM on 20:46 - Apr 28 with 1155 viewsBrynmill_Jack

FANS FORUM on 20:29 - Apr 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I hope you and many others are drafting up a long list of questions to put forth to the board at the next available opportunity also.

One person asking will be swatted away with a pathetic answer like we already get. If large numbers of our support stand up and demand answers together then the board will be under more pressure to give their fans, their customers, the people who pay their excessive salaries and dividends a fair answer and explanation.

I reckon Jenkins will pull that old Jedi mind trick to the masses at the forum - "these aren't the ground improvements you're looking for ........."

FANS FORUM on 21:23 - Apr 28 with 1095 viewsOldjack

FANS FORUM on 20:46 - Apr 28 by Brynmill_Jack

I reckon Jenkins will pull that old Jedi mind trick to the masses at the forum - "these aren't the ground improvements you're looking for ........."

they say traffic problems , the roads are nearly always clear 3/4 of an hour after the games are over ,confused .com

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

FANS FORUM on 22:16 - Apr 28 with 1044 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

FANS FORUM on 21:23 - Apr 28 by Oldjack

they say traffic problems , the roads are nearly always clear 3/4 of an hour after the games are over ,confused .com

I'm sure if the relevant people from the council, Stadco, the club and a few people with experience in finding a solution to the current problem we have sat down in a meeting together, plans could be set in motion very quickly.

It's become crystal clear the board do not want to expand anytime soon. They could have drawn up the appropriate plans for this years ago in anticipation of us needing to expand but they didn't have the foresight to do so. It is extremely poor from the board and it makes you question even more whether they deserve these huge salaries they are now taking when it seems they are struggling to do their jobs to a decent standard, let alone ensuring our club is reaching it's maximum potential in off the field terms.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2014 22:17]

FANS FORUM on 22:21 - Apr 28 with 1032 viewsJackfath

I could sort out the travel plan, no sweat as could any other person with a normal sized brain.

Routes out of the car parks need to be doubled up. Ie roads normally used for traffic coming into the stadium needs to be made into lanes going the opposite way and any incoming traffic stopped for one hour after matches.

Rocket science it isn't.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

FANS FORUM on 22:27 - Apr 28 with 1013 viewsDarran

FANS FORUM on 22:21 - Apr 28 by Jackfath

I could sort out the travel plan, no sweat as could any other person with a normal sized brain.

Routes out of the car parks need to be doubled up. Ie roads normally used for traffic coming into the stadium needs to be made into lanes going the opposite way and any incoming traffic stopped for one hour after matches.

Rocket science it isn't.

Plus they should have police on every roundabout fining every thick c*nt that's in the wrong lane,it'll soon start flowing smoothly.

They even paint giant arrows on the roads in Swansea and the morons still don't know what lane to be in.

This post has been edited by an administrator

FANS FORUM on 22:27 - Apr 28 with 1008 viewsJackfath

FANS FORUM on 22:27 - Apr 28 by Darran

Plus they should have police on every roundabout fining every thick c*nt that's in the wrong lane,it'll soon start flowing smoothly.

They even paint giant arrows on the roads in Swansea and the morons still don't know what lane to be in.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Init.

Bunch of twits.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

FANS FORUM on 22:29 - Apr 28 with 1003 viewsDarran

FANS FORUM on 22:27 - Apr 28 by Jackfath

Init.

Bunch of twits.

Seriously f*cking stupid some of them are.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024