Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fixtures out tomorrow. Who'd you like first game 06:37 - Jun 16 with 1962 viewsdgt73

One of the promoted sides at home for me.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Fixtures out tomorrow. Who'd you like first game on 06:55 - Jun 16 with 1942 viewsmorningstar

I'm much more looking forward too seeing the first 'leaked' one too appear later!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Fixtures out tomorrow. Who'd you like first game on 07:10 - Jun 16 with 1924 viewsSwansNZ

Manchester United, so we can get 3 points on the board, nice and early.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Fixtures out tomorrow. Who'd you like first game on 07:21 - Jun 16 with 1887 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Fixtures out tomorrow. Who'd you like first game on 07:10 - Jun 16 by SwansNZ

Manchester United, so we can get 3 points on the board, nice and early.

How likely does LVG crap his pants on Wednesday if it actually happens?

It at least makes him ask for more cash this summer.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Fixtures out tomorrow. Who'd you like first game on 09:12 - Jun 16 with 1821 viewsbuilthjack

Watford at home for me

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Fixtures out tomorrow. Who'd you like first game on 09:28 - Jun 16 with 1790 viewsSwaneeRiver

I hope they buck the trend this year and give us our first two fixtures away.
That way I won't miss any ...

In all seriousness, I think Bournemouth home or away would be a great game with a fantastic carnival atmosphere
Not that I'll see it
Fixtures out tomorrow. Who'd you like first game on 09:30 - Jun 16 with 1785 viewsSwaneeRiver

On the other hand, might be nice to get Chelsea, Spurs or Everton home and get an historic PL win under our belts
Fixtures out tomorrow. Who'd you like first game on 10:49 - Jun 16 with 1694 viewsCliffTop

Anyone away as I am on holiday in the US on first match day...
Fixtures out tomorrow. Who'd you like first game on 10:55 - Jun 16 with 1681 viewssherpajacob

Better to play the promoted teams after a few games when their adrenaline is starting to run low after a few defeats.

Spurs, liverpool, everton or newcastle first up please.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Login to get fewer ads

Fixtures out tomorrow. Who'd you like first game on 12:34 - Jun 16 with 1619 viewsJACKARSE

One of the top 6 home so we can catch them cold
Fixtures out tomorrow. Who'd you like first game on 13:20 - Jun 16 with 1580 viewsJBT95

Away first to a bottom 10 club. Home 15th & 22nd.
Fixtures out tomorrow. Who'd you like first game on 13:48 - Jun 16 with 1547 viewsymaohyd

As we proved last year, having one of the top sides can be an ideal opportunity to 'catch them cold'

Whereas playing one of the perceived bottom clubs can prove dangerous before they have been 'softened' up.

I'm all for fairness in life though, Man U first game two years running is harsh, before that QPR and City away.

Swans deserve a home game against any club but deserve to have a mid to lower table side.

If we are drawn away again it's not on really, in 5 years, 4 away, 1 home and as I say Man U!!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Fixtures out tomorrow. Who'd you like first game on 15:01 - Jun 16 with 1510 viewsJBT95

Fixtures out tomorrow. Who'd you like first game on 13:48 - Jun 16 by ymaohyd

As we proved last year, having one of the top sides can be an ideal opportunity to 'catch them cold'

Whereas playing one of the perceived bottom clubs can prove dangerous before they have been 'softened' up.

I'm all for fairness in life though, Man U first game two years running is harsh, before that QPR and City away.

Swans deserve a home game against any club but deserve to have a mid to lower table side.

If we are drawn away again it's not on really, in 5 years, 4 away, 1 home and as I say Man U!!

I'd rather be away first and home last. Last year was awful that we were away first and last game, hope that isn't the case again, but what will be will be.
Fixtures out tomorrow. Who'd you like first game on 16:31 - Jun 16 with 1461 viewsBYMJacks

I would like everton away so we can hopefully beat them in the premier league for the first time
Fixtures out tomorrow. Who'd you like first game on 07:23 - Jun 17 with 1322 viewsJethroJack

I'd like someone (at home) we've become accustomed to beating, more often than not.....eg
West Brom
Utd
Arsenal
Fixtures out tomorrow. Who'd you like first game on 08:46 - Jun 17 with 1284 viewsswan_si

i was just reading the thread about the daily mail, invincibles article, and on the right hand side of the page was the premier league, my cursor (unknowingly) was pointing at WBA, it lit up like a beacon,i don't know if this just a coincidence, or a sign from the footballing gods, but i'm going for WBA, no clue as to suggest if we were home or away.

Fixtures out tomorrow. Who'd you like first game on 08:48 - Jun 17 with 1281 viewsSwaneeRiver

Fixtures out tomorrow. Who'd you like first game on 08:46 - Jun 17 by swan_si

i was just reading the thread about the daily mail, invincibles article, and on the right hand side of the page was the premier league, my cursor (unknowingly) was pointing at WBA, it lit up like a beacon,i don't know if this just a coincidence, or a sign from the footballing gods, but i'm going for WBA, no clue as to suggest if we were home or away.

can you give me the Lottery numbers for tonight?
It's just that I have a friend in Nigeria in urgent need of a loan ....
Fixtures out tomorrow. Who'd you like first game on 09:01 - Jun 17 with 1255 viewsswan_si

Fixtures out tomorrow. Who'd you like first game on 08:48 - Jun 17 by SwaneeRiver

can you give me the Lottery numbers for tonight?
It's just that I have a friend in Nigeria in urgent need of a loan ....

Chelsea away, i'll get my coat.

Fixtures out tomorrow. Who'd you like first game on 09:42 - Jun 17 with 1214 viewsStarsky

Playing one of the promoted club's first game is something to be avoided.
It's their cup final before they're usually found out later on and then relegated.

I'd rather play Chelsea away first game than later on in the season. Catch them cold maybe.

It's just the internet, init.

Fixtures out tomorrow. Who'd you like first game on 09:49 - Jun 17 with 1207 viewsJBT95

Fixtures out tomorrow. Who'd you like first game on 09:42 - Jun 17 by Starsky

Playing one of the promoted club's first game is something to be avoided.
It's their cup final before they're usually found out later on and then relegated.

I'd rather play Chelsea away first game than later on in the season. Catch them cold maybe.

Yeah just like we smashed whoever we played in our first game and then got found out in the second half of the season and then got relegated.

Seriously some people have no respect for other teams; that was just only four years ago.

Chelsea started like a train last season beating Burnley away 3-1 after going 1-0 down and beat Everton 3-6 at Goodison in their 3rd game.
Fixtures out tomorrow. Who'd you like first game on 10:09 - Jun 17 with 1176 viewsJackSomething

Fixtures out tomorrow. Who'd you like first game on 09:49 - Jun 17 by JBT95

Yeah just like we smashed whoever we played in our first game and then got found out in the second half of the season and then got relegated.

Seriously some people have no respect for other teams; that was just only four years ago.

Chelsea started like a train last season beating Burnley away 3-1 after going 1-0 down and beat Everton 3-6 at Goodison in their 3rd game.

Without doing the research, I'm fairly sure there have been plenty of promoted clubs who have done well early and then faded badly in the second half of the season. Hull and Blackpool definitely both followed that pattern.

We're one of the exceptions, but it doesn't make Starsky's logic unsound. I think if you look at Chelsea's season as a whole, you'll struggle to find a good time to play them. Nothing wrong with being optimistic that we may just find them sluggish on opening day, it's happened to Champions before.

I find it interesting that your optimism regarding the national team is pretty much the opposite of your negativity regarding the Swans. If we'd have had Belgium away first up in the qualifiers, you'd have been spinning the positives, why not do the same for the Swans?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Fixtures out tomorrow. Who'd you like first game on 15:08 - Jun 17 with 1119 viewsStarsky

Fixtures out tomorrow. Who'd you like first game on 09:49 - Jun 17 by JBT95

It's not about respect mun.
It's about track records.

How the feck do you set up against one of the promoted sides first game?

They're an unknown quantity in a new league.

After about 5 games into the season you'll know a lot more about them.

Blackpool, Hull and Burnley have been in the top 6 of the Premier league after a few games in their debut seasons.

Here's a classic one for you oldies...

First game of the season for Chelsea. 1974, the opening of their new 3 tier grandstand.

Carlisle won 2-0. Carlisle were relegated too. Funny that.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2015 15:14]

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024