Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Serving Police Officers 12:36 - Oct 5 with 4859 viewsperchrockjack

We lost one of our own today after a burglary ,car pursuit and then saw the officer run over at speed.

THE PRICE YOU PAY FOR THE LIFE YOU CHOOSE..

Take extra care always and remember the public ,GENERALLY, appreciate what you do

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

FAO Serving Police Officers on 12:36 - Oct 5 with 3083 viewsperchrockjack

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3260160/Police-launch-murder-investigati

FAO Serving Police Officers on 12:57 - Oct 5 with 3050 viewsjackharris

Very sad news!

My brother has 3 years left before he can retire at 50 after 30 years service.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

FAO Serving Police Officers on 13:05 - Oct 5 with 3034 viewsperchrockjack

I joined late and did 21 years before getting out .

It was seen as a very risky decision but it turned out to be the right one.

Politics within the Police at the higher ranks is still prevalent.

I hope he stays safe, matey, but you never know what lies ahead.

He was 34 and had two very young daughters.

Times like these

FAO Serving Police Officers on 13:23 - Oct 5 with 3011 viewsjackharris

FAO Serving Police Officers on 13:05 - Oct 5 by perchrockjack

I joined late and did 21 years before getting out .

It was seen as a very risky decision but it turned out to be the right one.

Politics within the Police at the higher ranks is still prevalent.

I hope he stays safe, matey, but you never know what lies ahead.

He was 34 and had two very young daughters.

Times like these

Thanks Perchie!

He has loved being a serving officer but is a tad fed up with all the politics.
He has 4 children and 1 granddaughter.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

FAO Serving Police Officers on 13:34 - Oct 5 with 2991 viewslifelong

Very sad day. R.I.P.
FAO Serving Police Officers on 13:34 - Oct 5 with 2991 viewsdickythorpe

Horrible news. A real tragedy.
FAO Serving Police Officers on 14:08 - Oct 5 with 2956 viewsDaiTheDrop

Awful news. Such a lovely young family too. Hope they catch those responsible ASAP.
FAO Serving Police Officers on 14:25 - Oct 5 with 2931 viewsbuilthjack

To take a life in any walk is tragic. Some bad people out there.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

FAO Serving Police Officers on 14:29 - Oct 5 with 2923 viewsperchrockjack

Seems like it was quite deliberate as opposed to kids bottling it .

Lot of work needed to find these.

FAO Serving Police Officers on 14:49 - Oct 5 with 2892 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Dreadful stuff

Shows how dangerous working for the emergency services is .
Rest in peace

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

FAO Serving Police Officers on 15:10 - Oct 5 with 2862 viewsraynor94

Such a tragedy, surely hanging should be an option for crimes like this, when the scrum are caught

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

FAO Serving Police Officers on 15:16 - Oct 5 with 2855 viewsperchrockjack

No ray, being a maverick I don't believe a Police Officer s life is more precious than anyone else but as they are there to protect us from social breakdown the punishment should be the most severe under the law.

Life is fine for me but with a MINIMUM of 35 years ..

Hanging leads to leftie ,tree hugging, lachrymose prayers outside the prison gates on the morning of execution.

People get upset by us , the state ,killing.

FAO Serving Police Officers on 16:03 - Oct 5 with 2824 viewstomdickharry

Have a very close relative who is a serving Police Officer so this terrible tragedy strikes close to home,very very sad day.
FAO Serving Police Officers on 16:12 - Oct 5 with 2816 viewslondonlisa2001

This is very very sad and I hope they catch those responsible quickly.

One genuine question to Perch and any others who have served as police officers - it seems from the outside that on a few occasions, a 'high speed chase' has led to terrible consequences. In this case, of course, it seems that it was murder and that the police officer was deliberately driven into. There have been others where someone has been hit in what seems like an accident (either by the criminals, or by those chasing them). Given alternatives like helicopters, or CCTV etc, would you like to see other means used rather than chasing after the criminals in cars?

I've seen cars roaring up and down roads before now with police cars chasing them, and it looks terrifying.
FAO Serving Police Officers on 16:42 - Oct 5 with 2782 viewsProfessor

FAO Serving Police Officers on 16:12 - Oct 5 by londonlisa2001

This is very very sad and I hope they catch those responsible quickly.

One genuine question to Perch and any others who have served as police officers - it seems from the outside that on a few occasions, a 'high speed chase' has led to terrible consequences. In this case, of course, it seems that it was murder and that the police officer was deliberately driven into. There have been others where someone has been hit in what seems like an accident (either by the criminals, or by those chasing them). Given alternatives like helicopters, or CCTV etc, would you like to see other means used rather than chasing after the criminals in cars?

I've seen cars roaring up and down roads before now with police cars chasing them, and it looks terrifying.

Lisa

Not wishing to pre-empt any response from Perch-this is a clear and deliberate act. It was not a residential area (though the burglary was in one), but an industrial/commercial area in the middle of night so pursuit would seem reasonable. I hope they catch those responsible quickly
FAO Serving Police Officers on 16:53 - Oct 5 with 2767 viewslondonlisa2001

FAO Serving Police Officers on 16:42 - Oct 5 by Professor

Lisa

Not wishing to pre-empt any response from Perch-this is a clear and deliberate act. It was not a residential area (though the burglary was in one), but an industrial/commercial area in the middle of night so pursuit would seem reasonable. I hope they catch those responsible quickly

No - I know that this was deliberate - hence why I said this looks like it was murder.

It was a more general question, albeit that it is possibly insensitive to ask at this time. I am genuinely interested in the response, as I would imagine that the police officers involved are putting themselves in great danger every time one of these chases happens. I am not saying that it is wrong to chase by the way - I simply do not know enough to judge one way or the other. All I know is that having seen one (up the Shepherds Bush Road) it appeared to be unbelievably dangerous.

Presumably though in this case, they must have chased the criminals to the industrial area in the first place or did they pick them up there in another way?
FAO Serving Police Officers on 17:01 - Oct 5 with 2758 viewsProfessor

FAO Serving Police Officers on 16:53 - Oct 5 by londonlisa2001

No - I know that this was deliberate - hence why I said this looks like it was murder.

It was a more general question, albeit that it is possibly insensitive to ask at this time. I am genuinely interested in the response, as I would imagine that the police officers involved are putting themselves in great danger every time one of these chases happens. I am not saying that it is wrong to chase by the way - I simply do not know enough to judge one way or the other. All I know is that having seen one (up the Shepherds Bush Road) it appeared to be unbelievably dangerous.

Presumably though in this case, they must have chased the criminals to the industrial area in the first place or did they pick them up there in another way?

The stretch of roads involved is not particularly built up-certainly not like Shepherds Bush Road ( I lived in London 1986-1991)and largely runs parallel to the M53. I believe pursuit officerswould be trained to assess the risks involved and indeed trained at high speed driving. What one cannot take into account is mowing someone down stood on the central reservation. I agree it is a risk, but given the area would appear to be acceptable given time and place. How one judges such risk is perhaps more the question?
FAO Serving Police Officers on 17:06 - Oct 5 with 2747 viewslondonlisa2001

FAO Serving Police Officers on 17:01 - Oct 5 by Professor

The stretch of roads involved is not particularly built up-certainly not like Shepherds Bush Road ( I lived in London 1986-1991)and largely runs parallel to the M53. I believe pursuit officerswould be trained to assess the risks involved and indeed trained at high speed driving. What one cannot take into account is mowing someone down stood on the central reservation. I agree it is a risk, but given the area would appear to be acceptable given time and place. How one judges such risk is perhaps more the question?

Fair enough - obviously I do not know the area, and as I said, it was not really a question related to this incident other than it reminded me of something I have wondered about for a long time.

It's not the officers (who as you say have been trained in high speed driving) that worries me in these situations.
FAO Serving Police Officers on 17:30 - Oct 5 with 2726 viewsperchrockjack

Lisa.
Without wanting to give too much away as regards the details of my postings, I was at one time F.I.M (force incident manager) which means one has overall control of ALL incidents as they come into the control room. Effectively, when the Chief is not on duty -as such- you are in control of managing incidents.

Incidents of pursuits has been a hot potato for many years particular post 80s riots when our cities were imploding.

A pursuit is defined and only highly and specifically trained officers can pursue at speed. Standard classified drivers effectively monitor from a safe distance.

If significant danger to public is evident then the FIM or supervisor will call "abort " the pursuit. This would be relevant especially at school closing times.

If driver fails to abort he s rightly open to criminal charge.

Ive aborted many and almost had fist fights with the officers when they came into the control afterwards to argue the toss . There were all told -by me- to feckoff, as they are being protected from themselves as much as anything else.

Ive also driven at very high speed around the City and suburbs in chases involving firearms/drugs etc. Its soon the adrenaline kicks in and it takes a lot of training to stay calm and if necessary to pull out. They ll come again anyway.

In this case, its 2am and streets quiet, the road in question is a slip road to the m53 AND DEAD STRAIGHT. Visibility would have been fine last night. The officers were near the end of the road where there is a roundabout so the offending vehicle would appear to have deviated quite deliberately to take the bobbies out.

I know Jon Murphy, the CC and he ll be truly mortified and angry. He wont let them get away with this.

Thanks for all the condolences folks.

We re pretty much gutted here

Richie

FAO Serving Police Officers on 17:38 - Oct 5 with 2721 viewslondonlisa2001

FAO Serving Police Officers on 17:30 - Oct 5 by perchrockjack

Lisa.
Without wanting to give too much away as regards the details of my postings, I was at one time F.I.M (force incident manager) which means one has overall control of ALL incidents as they come into the control room. Effectively, when the Chief is not on duty -as such- you are in control of managing incidents.

Incidents of pursuits has been a hot potato for many years particular post 80s riots when our cities were imploding.

A pursuit is defined and only highly and specifically trained officers can pursue at speed. Standard classified drivers effectively monitor from a safe distance.

If significant danger to public is evident then the FIM or supervisor will call "abort " the pursuit. This would be relevant especially at school closing times.

If driver fails to abort he s rightly open to criminal charge.

Ive aborted many and almost had fist fights with the officers when they came into the control afterwards to argue the toss . There were all told -by me- to feckoff, as they are being protected from themselves as much as anything else.

Ive also driven at very high speed around the City and suburbs in chases involving firearms/drugs etc. Its soon the adrenaline kicks in and it takes a lot of training to stay calm and if necessary to pull out. They ll come again anyway.

In this case, its 2am and streets quiet, the road in question is a slip road to the m53 AND DEAD STRAIGHT. Visibility would have been fine last night. The officers were near the end of the road where there is a roundabout so the offending vehicle would appear to have deviated quite deliberately to take the bobbies out.

I know Jon Murphy, the CC and he ll be truly mortified and angry. He wont let them get away with this.

Thanks for all the condolences folks.

We re pretty much gutted here

Richie

Thanks Rich - that's interesting.

The bit that I always find frightening is that the officers are very highly trained but the little scrotes driving the cars being pursued are not, and may also be high as well and I guess that they end up driving more and more stupidly the longer they are pursued.

I guess it's more worrying here, as we are so built up and there are always people around, even in the middle of the night, that you worry could get hit (I believe that the Met have largely stopped because of this and now use helicopters instead).

As I said, I very much hope that these people are caught very quickly - it's dreadful for his wife and children, just dreadful.
FAO Serving Police Officers on 17:40 - Oct 5 with 2720 viewsperchrockjack

I should add that although the pursuit will have commentery from the pursueing officers ,the control room will take the decision to overrule whatever the police pursuers feel and call it off if the danger is to the public is too great.

Merseyside utilise the helicopter for many pursuits as they re safer and officers can man junctions etc but it takes time to get them up and out.

Its a fine call and to allow them to escape takes a lot of moral courage .

Its all logged to the second, recorded and will be videod so plenty of reassurance for the public.

FAO Serving Police Officers on 17:59 - Oct 5 with 2693 viewsPacemaker

More often than not if it comes into putting anyone at risk the control room will abort it, these days with helicopter support it means collecting evidence without putting anyone in danger.

I would imagine that the officers who deployed the stinger type device had to stay fairly close to the central reservation to deploy it. As the vehicle was a 4x4 pick up truck then mounting the kerb/ central reservation would be easy to avoid the spikes. At those speeds you would never get out of the way in time.

If caught they will get done for manslaughter I expect.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

FAO Serving Police Officers on 22:27 - Oct 5 with 2557 viewsmorningstar

Absolutely awful that a young man can go too work, and his family never see him again because of some low life scum. Hope they are caught soon and charged with murder and not manslaughter as someone suggested, they should be locked away for as long as the judge is able to sentence them to.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

FAO Serving Police Officers on 22:39 - Oct 5 with 2542 viewsDarran

When they get caught they should make as many slits in them as possible with a Stanley knife and drop them in a bath full of after shave,when they've stopped screaming take them out and put them through an industrial shedder.

Voila.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

FAO Serving Police Officers on 23:27 - Oct 5 with 2478 viewsmonmouth

Shocking. Truly shocking. RIP.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024