Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One thing I'm loving with the 'Monk Out' posts... 16:10 - Dec 7 with 2524 viewscaerleon_jack

...is the amount of people who think that someone at board level should be held accountable for hiring someone so completely out of their depth - as if we've gone straight from the slightly underwhelming end of the 13/14 season to this rubbish run in the 15/16 season.

I seem to remember Monk doing a pretty decent job in 14/15, and for the run of games up to the first international break of this season.. That's not to say that he's the man to turn things around now, but the guy is not the clueless, hapless idiot that so many are willing to paint him as.

For a club that is so proud of our recent history there are so many willing to re-write sections of it to suit their own beliefs.

Insert something witty here

One thing I'm loving with the 'Monk Out' posts... on 16:11 - Dec 7 with 2502 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Aye. Jack to a King was a shocking re-write

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

One thing I'm loving with the 'Monk Out' posts... on 16:13 - Dec 7 with 2467 viewspencoedjack

Anyone who thinks Kyle Bartley is a PL centre half is a 'clueless, hapless idiot'.

Thanks for the memories time to move on.
One thing I'm loving with the 'Monk Out' posts... on 16:13 - Dec 7 with 2455 viewsskippyjack

One thing I'm loving with the 'Monk Out' posts... on 16:11 - Dec 7 by NeiltheTaylor

Alan Tate didn't even feature!.. that's how fictional it was!

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

One thing I'm loving with the 'Monk Out' posts... on 16:16 - Dec 7 with 2421 viewsJoshTheJack

Just people overreacting I must admit I wasn't happy when we appointed him but 3-0 over Cardiff quickly turned me, It was a good appointment but just hasn't really worked out. Our board have rarely made bad decisions could be worse we could have someone like uncle vinny running us I'd hate to see our fan reactions if something like that happened we'd soon want them back!
One thing I'm loving with the 'Monk Out' posts... on 16:16 - Dec 7 with 2416 viewsLoyal

One thing I'm loving with the 'Monk Out' posts... on 16:11 - Dec 7 by NeiltheTaylor

As the IP states, to suit certain beliefs

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

One thing I'm loving with the 'Monk Out' posts... on 16:20 - Dec 7 with 2386 viewsJackFish

Exactly. For the first 18 months of his tenure he did a very good job, kept us up comfortably, led us to our second highest finish ever and we got off to a decent start this season too.

It's similar to Laudrup in a way, you certainly couldn't accuse him of having been a failure as our manager since he won a trophy and improved on our previous season's finish. Like Monk now though, it was time for him to move on when he did.
One thing I'm loving with the 'Monk Out' posts... on 16:51 - Dec 7 with 2314 viewsjack247

He was the right appointment at the time, many including me didn't think so, but he was.

He may have been allowed to stay here a little too long, as we have been stagnant for weeks and it has been obvious since the Bournemouth game at least that he had taken us as far as he could. Let's not pretend the last 18 months or so have been a disaster though, they simply haven't.
One thing I'm loving with the 'Monk Out' posts... on 16:55 - Dec 7 with 2289 viewsTheKirkyLife

He's certainly not hapless for sure but you can just see that he is not right for this club anymore and that he needs to ply his managerial trade elsewhere or drop to the assistant role and learn.

His substitutions across all 22 months of his tenure have been hit and miss and MORE so in recent times. Barrow on for Britton? One of the worst examples I have seen. Furthermore, he refuses to change his system. I've felt we could benefit from a three at the back with or without wingbacks in a show of trust to the defence and to get our midfield dominance back into play. Always 4-2-3-1 though.

So yes, not hapless. Rather unwilling to evolve.
Login to get fewer ads

One thing I'm loving with the 'Monk Out' posts... on 00:50 - Dec 8 with 2142 viewsJackFish

I don't think he's unwilling to change the system - we used the diamond midfield to very good effect on a number of times last season. He just seems to have no idea what to do to turn the current bad form around.
One thing I'm loving with the 'Monk Out' posts... on 00:51 - Dec 8 with 2139 viewslovejuicejack

One thing I'm loving with the 'Monk Out' posts... on 00:50 - Dec 8 by JackFish

I don't think he's unwilling to change the system - we used the diamond midfield to very good effect on a number of times last season. He just seems to have no idea what to do to turn the current bad form around.

Yeah hapless
One thing I'm loving with the 'Monk Out' posts... on 02:45 - Dec 8 with 2071 viewsphact0rri

Honestly for me, he's not seeming to rouse the troops when confidence is down. Its a lot easier to be a manager when you don't have much work in man management. Its when the chips are down and your strategies are drawing blanks is when you really show the cut of your jib.

Honestly, I don't think Monk is fully to blame for everything happening on the pitch these last months, but he is the leader and should be looking at things for a change. If it means looking at personnel who might not be keeping things up the way they should, to looking at the attitudes that could be plaguing the form.

Now granted this could be Huw to an extent too, unfortunately we don't know. For me I think there needs to be some drastic changes. And as one knows sometimes a new engine (IE GM) can really put things back on the tracks.

Sad thing seeing Monk getting the treatment he is, but I'm sure most people here have nothing but respect for the man. Its just that we need change, and Monk is the most obvious sacrifice for that change.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

One thing I'm loving with the 'Monk Out' posts... on 09:45 - Dec 8 with 1863 viewsyescomeon

The mistake was the three year contract he was given. Deserved an extention, but three years? He's Garry Monk not Alex Ferguson, although I feel the board wanted him to be Ferguson. Or perhaps it was greed by the board even wanting to get a big payday thinking he would get poached without any consideration that something like this would happen.

Upthecity!

One thing I'm loving with the 'Monk Out' posts... on 09:58 - Dec 8 with 1834 viewsPrivate_Partz

One thing I'm loving with the 'Monk Out' posts... on 09:45 - Dec 8 by yescomeon

The mistake was the three year contract he was given. Deserved an extention, but three years? He's Garry Monk not Alex Ferguson, although I feel the board wanted him to be Ferguson. Or perhaps it was greed by the board even wanting to get a big payday thinking he would get poached without any consideration that something like this would happen.

There is a lot in that but it is a,ways the way with managers. It is success on the field that counts and we are not sleep walking to relegation. We are hurtling. I think the OP has to cut the posters on here some slack. Most will say Garry has done an unprecedented job. Having a successful season after shipping out half a team of quality players and still improving the league position.
The time has come for him to go however as it is too risky to keep on hoping he can turn it round as performance levels are dropping. Check out our GD now. We are getting to be on par with those around us so we do not even have the luxury of using that as an extra point.
It was gamble by Huw. It worked in the short term but now is the time to revert to plan A and interview candidates and get the best man for the job. Someone who has experience at the highest level and whose mantra is the passing game.
Anything less and it will be a disaster for the club, the City as a whole, and all those selling Directors who will stand to lose millions.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2015 9:59]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

One thing I'm loving with the 'Monk Out' posts... on 10:03 - Dec 8 with 1815 viewsLoyal

One thing I'm loving with the 'Monk Out' posts... on 02:45 - Dec 8 by phact0rri

Honestly for me, he's not seeming to rouse the troops when confidence is down. Its a lot easier to be a manager when you don't have much work in man management. Its when the chips are down and your strategies are drawing blanks is when you really show the cut of your jib.

Honestly, I don't think Monk is fully to blame for everything happening on the pitch these last months, but he is the leader and should be looking at things for a change. If it means looking at personnel who might not be keeping things up the way they should, to looking at the attitudes that could be plaguing the form.

Now granted this could be Huw to an extent too, unfortunately we don't know. For me I think there needs to be some drastic changes. And as one knows sometimes a new engine (IE GM) can really put things back on the tracks.

Sad thing seeing Monk getting the treatment he is, but I'm sure most people here have nothing but respect for the man. Its just that we need change, and Monk is the most obvious sacrifice for that change.

All people are saying is he has fckd up so should be sacked.
Don't feel sorry for a man who earns three times the local average yearly wage in one week.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2015 10:04]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

One thing I'm loving with the 'Monk Out' posts... on 10:35 - Dec 8 with 1769 viewsdailew

One thing I'm loving with the 'Monk Out' posts... on 10:03 - Dec 8 by Loyal

All people are saying is he has fckd up so should be sacked.
Don't feel sorry for a man who earns three times the local average yearly wage in one week.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2015 10:04]

Don't know why people keep on mentioning his wages etc.

It's never nice to be sacked and told you've failed no matter how much you earn, especially in such a publc job as football manager.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024