Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis offside? 18:36 - Dec 21 with 2413 viewsjack_lord

There was a point in the second half when, from my angle, he received the ball with a defender up his back and he turned him only to sky the ball over the bar. Then looked over and the linesman had flagged him offside.

Was he really offside? If so it would just show what a ridiculous view you get from behind the goal.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Gomis offside? on 18:52 - Dec 21 with 2340 viewsmarchamjack

if he received the ball...then he was offside

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Gomis offside? on 19:09 - Dec 21 with 2269 viewsshandyjack

The biggest point yesterday that annoyed me was when he was through one on one and got outmuscled by the West Ham CH like he was a 5 year old child, just didn't seem interested

Poll: Expectation for the season

Gomis offside? on 20:52 - Dec 21 with 2058 viewsjackrabbit

We need a fast attacking midfielder like Leicester's Kante, who was a revelation against us.

I'm not Gomis's biggest fan - huge understatement - but I think he gets a bum rap on the offsides. Play the ball through to him quicker. . He starts his run 1/2 yard too early because he is anticipating the through ball. It comes 1/2 yard too late. Not every time but quite a few times. We can't afford to wait another 3 and 1/2 months for his next goal so let's get the ball through quicker to him.

I'm talking about the defence splitting pass a la Fernandes last week which he thrives on because he can run on to it. Give him a 'Bony' pass with his back to goal and you may as well put my Auntie Norah up front.
Gomis offside? on 20:57 - Dec 21 with 2029 viewsploppy

Don't know what the percentage is but a lot of his offsides are when he's walking back towards our goal. Ball gets played forward, he's offside when the ball is played and onside when he touches it. There's no excuse for those.
Gomis offside? on 21:41 - Dec 21 with 1970 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Gomis has now been offside more often than Everton, Man City, Leicester, Watford, West Brom and Aston Villa.

Outstanding effort.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Gomis offside? on 21:53 - Dec 21 with 1935 viewsjack247

Gomis offside? on 20:52 - Dec 21 by jackrabbit

We need a fast attacking midfielder like Leicester's Kante, who was a revelation against us.

I'm not Gomis's biggest fan - huge understatement - but I think he gets a bum rap on the offsides. Play the ball through to him quicker. . He starts his run 1/2 yard too early because he is anticipating the through ball. It comes 1/2 yard too late. Not every time but quite a few times. We can't afford to wait another 3 and 1/2 months for his next goal so let's get the ball through quicker to him.

I'm talking about the defence splitting pass a la Fernandes last week which he thrives on because he can run on to it. Give him a 'Bony' pass with his back to goal and you may as well put my Auntie Norah up front.

Teams defend deep against us. The few that don't tend to be the bigger teams who attack us and sometimes leave gaps at the back. It's not a coincidence that 3 of his 5 goals this season have come against City, United and Chelsea.
Gomis offside? on 22:03 - Dec 21 with 1900 viewsSwansNZ

Gomis offside? on 21:41 - Dec 21 by Joe_bradshaw

Gomis has now been offside more often than Everton, Man City, Leicester, Watford, West Brom and Aston Villa.

Outstanding effort.

is that combined?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Gomis offside? on 22:07 - Dec 21 with 1879 viewstaff999555

Course he was offside. He always is, the lazy unfit disinterested dog.
Login to get fewer ads

Gomis offside? on 22:31 - Dec 21 with 1796 viewsjack_lord

Gomis offside? on 18:52 - Dec 21 by marchamjack

if he received the ball...then he was offside

Yes, but there was a defender behind him when he received the ball before he turned him?

Gomis offside? on 22:33 - Dec 21 with 1786 viewsploppy

Gomis offside? on 22:31 - Dec 21 by jack_lord

Yes, but there was a defender behind him when he received the ball before he turned him?

But where was he in relation to the defender when the ball was played to him?

There was an instance where the ball was played forward, Gomis was in an offside position (natch), someone dummied it and it arrived at Gomis, who by then may have been in an onside position. Was that it?
Gomis offside? on 23:10 - Dec 21 with 1722 viewsjack_lord

Gomis offside? on 22:33 - Dec 21 by ploppy

But where was he in relation to the defender when the ball was played to him?

There was an instance where the ball was played forward, Gomis was in an offside position (natch), someone dummied it and it arrived at Gomis, who by then may have been in an onside position. Was that it?

As I remember it, and I was satI was behind the goals, the ball was played straight to Gomis, who had a defender marking him. He received the ball, then turned the player and then got a shot off but it went five yards over and five yards wide.
The we saw saw the linesman flag for offside and we were all saying how the fleck could it be offside.

I agree with the points made that the players take far too much time playing the ball too him which is why he gets caught offside so much.

Gomis offside? on 23:24 - Dec 21 with 1677 viewsSwansNZ

Gomis offside? on 23:10 - Dec 21 by jack_lord

As I remember it, and I was satI was behind the goals, the ball was played straight to Gomis, who had a defender marking him. He received the ball, then turned the player and then got a shot off but it went five yards over and five yards wide.
The we saw saw the linesman flag for offside and we were all saying how the fleck could it be offside.

I agree with the points made that the players take far too much time playing the ball too him which is why he gets caught offside so much.

On 70 mins, FF played a through ball when Gomis was well offside. Ayew stepped over the ball, and it then went to Gomis, by which time Collins had got behind him. Gomis turned and flashed a shot well over and wide.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Gomis offside? on 23:36 - Dec 21 with 1641 viewsjack_lord

Gomis offside? on 23:24 - Dec 21 by SwansNZ

On 70 mins, FF played a through ball when Gomis was well offside. Ayew stepped over the ball, and it then went to Gomis, by which time Collins had got behind him. Gomis turned and flashed a shot well over and wide.

Just seen it on motd 2 and whilst now well offside, probably was and worst off all, Collins managed to cover all that ground to get behind him. Shocking that he reacted so slowly to get the ball, great that he turned Collins so easily bu shocking once more that such a well paid guy can sky a shot that high and wide from there.

Gomis offside? on 02:11 - Dec 22 with 1550 viewsLoyal

Greedy cnt who held our proud club to ransom in January and is now to blame for the utter poor state that we are in. If I could I would.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Gomis offside? on 05:55 - Dec 22 with 1503 viewsmarchamjack

Gomis offside? on 22:31 - Dec 21 by jack_lord

I think you're missing the point

He received the ball...therefore he was offside

It is an immutable law

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Gomis offside? on 09:18 - Dec 22 with 1366 viewsjack_lord

Gomis offside? on 05:55 - Dec 22 by marchamjack

I think you're missing the point

He received the ball...therefore he was offside

It is an immutable law

Sorry, I wasn't missing the point. I thought he was in an "onside position" both when the ball was played and when he received it which is what I was asking about. Now I have seem video evidence from another angle it shows how wrong I can see things from a particular angle.

What is immutable is Gomis inability to stay onside :)

Gomis offside? on 09:26 - Dec 22 with 1356 viewsWarwickHunt

Gomis offside? on 22:07 - Dec 21 by taff999555

Course he was offside. He always is, the lazy unfit disinterested dog.

Look up 'disinterested' - given his alleged wedge it's the last word you could use to describe him.
Apart from onside, obviously.
Gomis offside? on 10:53 - Dec 22 with 1288 viewsDrizzy

Gomis offside? on 09:26 - Dec 22 by WarwickHunt

Look up 'disinterested' - given his alleged wedge it's the last word you could use to describe him.

Another grammar lesson that nobody wants from geriatric Phil. Zzzzz.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Gomis offside? on 10:59 - Dec 22 with 1272 viewsHighjack

Gomis offside? on 09:26 - Dec 22 by WarwickHunt

And bald, albino and Russian.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Gomis offside? on 11:42 - Dec 22 with 1241 viewsJackanapes

Vardy and Mahrez have scored twice as many goals between them than our entire team.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024