Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Chester anyone? 23:01 - Jun 1 with 7460 viewsBig_Phil

In other news tonight...

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/675964/Swansea-West-Brom-Tony-Pulis-Fran

James Chester anyone? on 23:14 - Jun 1 with 5669 viewsPozuelosSideys

Faaaarkkk oooorrff.. £8m? Hahaah.. even Bassone looked good in a defensive team

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

James Chester anyone? on 23:37 - Jun 1 with 5622 viewsdobjack2

No
James Chester anyone? on 23:56 - Jun 1 with 5591 viewsjacktar

Not a bad player but no better than we already have. It's a no from me.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

James Chester anyone? on 00:01 - Jun 2 with 5579 viewshobo

James Chester anyone? on 23:14 - Jun 1 by PozuelosSideys

Faaaarkkk oooorrff.. £8m? Hahaah.. even Bassone looked good in a defensive team

£8m is what they paid for him. I doubt he'd cost anywhere near that now seeing as he hardly features for them
James Chester anyone? on 00:21 - Jun 2 with 5551 viewsVinnie

He would be a good signing.
James Chester anyone? on 00:48 - Jun 2 with 5523 viewsdobjack2

James Chester anyone? on 00:21 - Jun 2 by Vinnie

He would be a good signing.

We would have to pay around £8 million.

Therefore:

1) he would have to be a starter I. e a Fernandez replacement not a Bartley replacement

2) we would have to sell Fernandez and probably for less than Chester would cost as we cannot afford to have a £8 million centre half (either of them) on the bench even if we play with 3 centre halves. I would assume ash and Amat would be 2 of them in that scenario. Also buying Chester and keeping Fernandez would leave a very big hole in our transfer kitty.

If you believe that he would be an improvement on Fernandez for a couple of million pounds outlay fair enough but that is the only way I can see him being a good signing.
James Chester anyone? on 02:07 - Jun 2 with 5493 viewsLoyal

James Chester anyone? on 00:48 - Jun 2 by dobjack2

We would have to pay around £8 million.

Therefore:

1) he would have to be a starter I. e a Fernandez replacement not a Bartley replacement

2) we would have to sell Fernandez and probably for less than Chester would cost as we cannot afford to have a £8 million centre half (either of them) on the bench even if we play with 3 centre halves. I would assume ash and Amat would be 2 of them in that scenario. Also buying Chester and keeping Fernandez would leave a very big hole in our transfer kitty.

If you believe that he would be an improvement on Fernandez for a couple of million pounds outlay fair enough but that is the only way I can see him being a good signing.

Chester is no Fernandez and never will be mate.
Can't see any reason to sign him.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

James Chester anyone? on 03:10 - Jun 2 with 5476 viewsWanderer

It's a rosy vision initially of your club's centre half pairing being the same as the national team, kind of makes feel you warm and proud.
But when you look at more harshly it's just that Wales has a much lower pool of centre halves to look at whereas a Club has the global choice so not surprisingly a no from me on this.
Login to get fewer ads

James Chester anyone? on 06:35 - Jun 2 with 5425 viewsangryjack

James Chester anyone? on 02:07 - Jun 2 by Loyal

Chester is better than fernandez, he good player
James Chester anyone? on 06:41 - Jun 2 with 5412 viewsJango

If this happens I can see it being a loan deal. Can't see us spending too much on him unless either Fernandez or Amat are sold for a similar fee
James Chester anyone? on 07:04 - Jun 2 with 5381 viewsSwansNZ

It's 'cos he's Welsh (not really) init

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

James Chester anyone? on 07:36 - Jun 2 with 5338 viewsdobjack2

James Chester anyone? on 02:07 - Jun 2 by Loyal

I agree with you
James Chester anyone? on 08:18 - Jun 2 with 5255 viewsLandore_Jack

No from me.

#backtojack

James Chester anyone? on 08:18 - Jun 2 with 5251 viewsDewi1jack

For a couple of million instead of Bartley then yes.
To replace Jordi- No
The same price as Fede or about £6 million more than Chico was... someone's smoking the wrong substances early in the morning

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

James Chester anyone? on 08:56 - Jun 2 with 5169 viewsdobjack2

James Chester anyone? on 08:18 - Jun 2 by Dewi1jack

For a couple of million instead of Bartley then yes.
To replace Jordi- No
The same price as Fede or about £6 million more than Chico was... someone's smoking the wrong substances early in the morning

He s looking for a move for first team football therefore won't want to be a Bartley replacement. For a small amount and replace Bartley ok. Otherwise no thank you.
James Chester anyone? on 09:13 - Jun 2 with 5138 viewssherpajacob

Ask yourself, if he wasn't welsh would we even consider it. let's not make the same mistake we made with dai Davies

Decent player, but for the money I think there must be a top quality defender somewhere in the world who fancies the premier league.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

James Chester anyone? on 09:18 - Jun 2 with 5121 viewsoldcob

James Chester anyone? on 08:56 - Jun 2 by dobjack2

He s looking for a move for first team football therefore won't want to be a Bartley replacement. For a small amount and replace Bartley ok. Otherwise no thank you.

Agree Dobjack. Even if we play three centre backs he'd just be cover in my opinion. Wouldn't pick him instead of Ash, Fede, or Jordi. Better than Bartley though should we suffer injuries.
James Chester anyone? on 09:55 - Jun 2 with 5056 viewsdameedna

Let's see how he goes on the tournament.
Id prefer Collins.
James Chester anyone? on 10:17 - Jun 2 with 5004 viewsjojaca

James Chester anyone? on 09:55 - Jun 2 by dameedna

Id prefer Collins.

We already have plenty of James Chester's, we need a big commanding centre half who will win most balls in the air. James Chester won't solve that problem.

Even when you know, you never know?

James Chester anyone? on 10:23 - Jun 2 with 4993 viewsshandyjack

Poor CH, can't get into a West Brom team where Pulis once played 5 CHs in 1 game and he wasn't one of them

Poll: Expectation for the season

James Chester anyone? on 10:45 - Jun 2 with 4954 viewstomdickharry

No way will the club spend £8M on Chester,the way we do business the following will probably happen,sell Bartley for E£1.5M and promote Joe Rodon from the reserves to the first team squad.
James Chester anyone? on 10:51 - Jun 2 with 4937 viewsLoyal

James Chester anyone? on 10:23 - Jun 2 by shandyjack

Poor CH, can't get into a West Brom team where Pulis once played 5 CHs in 1 game and he wasn't one of them

This.
Angry Jack.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

James Chester anyone? on 12:02 - Jun 2 with 4859 viewsdobjack2

James Chester anyone? on 10:23 - Jun 2 by shandyjack

Are we looking at this the wrong way and instead of a centre half we will use him as a full back if we sign him?
James Chester anyone? on 16:51 - Jun 2 with 4690 viewsDafyddHuw

He's only that expensive cos he's British. Far better value for your money in European mainland.
James Chester anyone? on 03:12 - Jun 3 with 4554 viewsWanderer

James Chester anyone? on 09:55 - Jun 2 by dameedna

Id prefer Collins.

Now I had to stop and think, if Bartley goes would Collins be a two season signing with the knowledge he will not be first choice but a very good step in replacement with loads of experience, kind of worth considering really.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024