Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! 19:44 - Jun 23 with 19063 viewsjackharris

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 19:46 - Jun 23 with 9691 viewsjackharris

European Championship 16, Round of 16 (second round)
Wales v Northern Ireland
Parc Des Princes, Paris
17.00 (18.00 French Time)
Saturday 25th June 2016

How the Stadium looks without the roof

Euro 2016: Wales & Northern Ireland 'have belief to win tournament'
Wales and Northern Ireland both have the belief they can win Euro 2016, according to their respective forwards Gareth Bale and Kyle Lafferty. The two sides meet in the last 16 of the tournament on Saturday (17:00 BST). Real Madrid's Bale, 26, and 28-year-old Lafferty, who plays for Norwich, both scored seven goals in qualifying. Bale said Wales' "ultimate goal" is to win the Euros, while Lafferty said he believed Northern Ireland "can go all the way" in France.

They are in the opposite side of the draw to England, current world champions Germany, reigning European champions Spain, four-time World Cup winners Italy and hosts France. "Obviously you come to the tournament for one reason - to win, not to play three games and go home," said Bale, who is Euro 2016's joint top-scorer with three goals in the group stage. "The ultimate goal is we want to try and win the tournament "It's a cliche but we'll take each one as it comes. Yes, we would love to win it, but all our focus now is on Northern Ireland."

Lafferty, who is yet to score at the tournament, said: "We honestly believe with our heart and determination that we can beat anyone. "With the squad we have I honestly am sitting here thinking we can go all the way. If we get a bit of luck we can upset a few teams. "Stopping Bale is the big question. He's a very big part of their team as a player of that calibre is going to be. We'll look at areas where they are strong and areas that we can exploit. "It'll be interesting to see who it wants it most on Saturday. I believe we'll come out on top."'Similar team spirit'

Prior to their defeat by England in the group stage, Bale suggested Wales had "more passion and pride" than Roy Hodgson's side - and the two-times Champions League winner thinks his team have more in common with Saturday's opponents. "They topped their [qualifying] group, you don't do that by mistake," said Bale. "They have very similar team spirit to us. They are a bit more defensive than us -it will be difficult to break them down, but we will try our best."

Meet the Referee - The Premier League Referee Martin Atkinson

Martin Atkinson will referee the Euro 2016 last-16 match between Wales and Northern Ireland, UEFA has announced. Fellow Englishmen Michael Mullarkey and Stephen Child will be the assistant referees for Saturday's home nations clash at the Parc des Princes in Paris. Atkinson, who refereed last season's Capital One Cup final and the 2015 Europa League final, took charge of the 3-3 thriller between Hungary and Portugal in Lyon on Wednesday. The Bradford-born referee also presided over Germany's Group C opener against Ukraine.

Possible Side and Formation

The stats you need to know
Northern Ireland have won none of their past eight games against Wales (D4 L4). Their last victory was in May 1980 (1-0 in Cardiff, goal by Noel Brotherston) It will be the first meeting between two British teams in the knockout stages of a major tournament. Northern Ireland have only lost two of their past 15 internationals (W7 D6) but both have been at Euro 2016 Wales have reached the knockout stage in their only two major tournaments (World Cup 1958, Euro 2016). This is the first time Northern Ireland have made it to the knockout stages of a major tournament since the 1958 World Cup.

[Post edited 25 Jun 2016 0:50]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 20:20 - Jun 23 with 9651 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 19:46 - Jun 23 by jackharris

Wales v Northern Ireland
Parc Des Princes, Paris
Saturday 25th June 2016

Wales and Northern Ireland both have the belief they can win Euro 2016, according to their respective forwards Gareth Bale and Kyle Lafferty. The two sides meet in the last 16 of the tournament on Saturday (17:00 BST). Real Madrid's Bale, 26, and 28-year-old Lafferty, who plays for Norwich, both scored seven goals in qualifying. Bale said Wales' "ultimate goal" is to win the Euros, while Lafferty said he believed Northern Ireland "can go all the way" in France.

They are in the opposite side of the draw to England, current world champions Germany, reigning European champions Spain, four-time World Cup winners Italy and hosts France. "Obviously you come to the tournament for one reason - to win, not to play three games and go home," said Bale, who is Euro 2016's joint top-scorer with three goals in the group stage. "The ultimate goal is we want to try and win the tournament "It's a cliche but we'll take each one as it comes. Yes, we would love to win it, but all our focus now is on Northern Ireland."

Lafferty, who is yet to score at the tournament, said: "We honestly believe with our heart and determination that we can beat anyone. "With the squad we have I honestly am sitting here thinking we can go all the way. If we get a bit of luck we can upset a few teams. "Stopping Bale is the big question. He's a very big part of their team as a player of that calibre is going to be. We'll look at areas where they are strong and areas that we can exploit. "It'll be interesting to see who it wants it most on Saturday. I believe we'll come out on top."'Similar team spirit'

Prior to their defeat by England in the group stage, Bale suggested Wales had "more passion and pride" than Roy Hodgson's side - and the two-times Champions League winner thinks his team have more in common with Saturday's opponents. "They topped their [qualifying] group, you don't do that by mistake," said Bale. "They have very similar team spirit to us. They are a bit more defensive than us -it will be difficult to break them down, but we will try our best."

Martin Atkinson will referee the Euro 2016 last-16 match between Wales and Northern Ireland, UEFA has announced. Fellow Englishmen Michael Mullarkey and Stephen Child will be the assistant referees for Saturday's home nations clash at the Parc des Princes in Paris. Atkinson, who refereed last season's Capital One Cup final and the 2015 Europa League final, took charge of the 3-3 thriller between Hungary and Portugal in Lyon on Wednesday. The Bradford-born referee also presided over Germany's Group C opener against Ukraine.

Northern Ireland have won none of their past eight games against Wales (D4 L4). Their last victory was in May 1980 (1-0 in Cardiff, goal by Noel Brotherston) It will be the first meeting between two British teams in the knockout stages of a major tournament. Northern Ireland have only lost two of their past 15 internationals (W7 D6) but both have been at Euro 2016 Wales have reached the knockout stage in their only two major tournaments (World Cup 1958, Euro 2016). This is the first time Northern Ireland have made it to the knockout stages of a major tournament since the 1958 World Cup.

I'm sorry but Oldjack's doing one..........................................

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 22:48 - Jun 23 with 9543 viewsjackharris

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 20:20 - Jun 23 by Brynmill_Jack

I'm sorry but Oldjack's doing one..........................................

OJ said yesterday it wasn't the Matchday thread, I don't care either way! I only normally do the Swansea City ones but Darran has kept bugging me to do the Welsh ones too!

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 23:08 - Jun 23 with 9515 viewsmarchamjack

This is the only OFFICIAL matchday thread that is properly recognised. I'll be there with Mrs MJ and others, can't wait, top weekend ahead. Will report in ere once en France. Bon chance Pays de Galles!!!

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 23:14 - Jun 23 with 9505 viewsClinton

Vokes to start instead of Hal for me.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 23:56 - Jun 23 with 9445 viewsbuilthjack

Managed to get tickets today, le shuttle and hotel now booked. Can't wait. Gonna be the loudest ever from our fans. 2-0 Wales.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 00:09 - Jun 24 with 9436 viewsGriffting

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 23:14 - Jun 23 by Clinton

Vokes to start instead of Hal for me.

This for me as well. Don't change a winning team plus vokes will be an arieal asset in both boxes. Won most of his arieal battles against Russia, plus he probably should have been on the score sheet. Hal a better impact player, I think.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 0:12]
The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 08:01 - Jun 24 with 9324 viewsfbreath

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 23:56 - Jun 23 by builthjack

Managed to get tickets today, le shuttle and hotel now booked. Can't wait. Gonna be the loudest ever from our fans. 2-0 Wales.

Do you know where Wales fans will be congregating before the game in Paris.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 08:33 - Jun 24 with 9308 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 08:01 - Jun 24 by fbreath

Do you know where Wales fans will be congregating before the game in Paris.

not sure yet, we have booked a hotel about a mile from the ground, so will probably see when we get there.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 09:39 - Jun 24 with 9259 viewsfbreath

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 08:33 - Jun 24 by builthjack

not sure yet, we have booked a hotel about a mile from the ground, so will probably see when we get there.

We're the same about 1 mile away hotel called Parc Des Expositions

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 10:02 - Jun 24 with 9242 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 09:39 - Jun 24 by fbreath

We're the same about 1 mile away hotel called Parc Des Expositions

Residhome Paris, Issy Les Moulinaux.
It's a aparthotel, newish. Got it last night for a good rate.
1 mile from the ground across the Seine.

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 10:46 - Jun 24 with 9223 viewsyescomeon

Wales voted leave, Northern Ireland voted to stay. Let's hope the boys weren't listening.

Upthecity!

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 16:39 - Jun 24 with 9042 viewsOldjack

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 19:46 - Jun 23 by jackharris

Wales v Northern Ireland
Parc Des Princes, Paris
Saturday 25th June 2016

Tidy thread as per Harris boy ,keep up the good work
C'mon Wales we can beat theses

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 17:14 - Jun 24 with 9020 viewsmax936

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 16:39 - Jun 24 by Oldjack

Tidy thread as per Harris boy ,keep up the good work
C'mon Wales we can beat theses

Come over to Neath and watch it Alan all my gang will be there and Daz is coming

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 17:24 - Jun 24 with 9011 viewsOldjack

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 17:14 - Jun 24 by max936

Come over to Neath and watch it Alan all my gang will be there and Daz is coming

and have that tw*t bending my lughole on his latest stalking exploits and who he's gonna get his next pic with ,sad kant ,fuk that ! for me
[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 17:51]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 17:33 - Jun 24 with 9003 viewsmax936

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 17:24 - Jun 24 by Oldjack

and have that tw*t bending my lughole on his latest stalking exploits and who he's gonna get his next pic with ,sad kant ,fuk that ! for me
[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 17:51]

He's lovely once he's had a bevy or two mun, he lets his hair down.

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 17:33 - Jun 24 with 9003 viewssherpajacob

Is there a better match day thread compiler on interweb thingy than Jack Harris?

Who nicked the Parc de princes roof?

My first ever Wales footy match was Wales v n Ireland at the Vetch, think it might have been 1984. 1-1. Mark Hughes and a mistake by Southall for the equaliser, a win would have given us the championship, I think.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 17:49]

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 17:36 - Jun 24 with 9000 viewsmax936

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 17:33 - Jun 24 by sherpajacob

Is there a better match day thread compiler on interweb thingy than Jack Harris?

My first ever Wales footy match was Wales v n Ireland at the Vetch, think it might have been 1984. 1-1. Mark Hughes and a mistake by Southall for the equaliser, a win would have given us the championship, I think.

1973 I think for me, standing on the sleepers on the east terrace watching super Georgie Best think we lost that day 3-2.

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 17:53 - Jun 24 with 8978 viewsOldjack

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 17:36 - Jun 24 by max936

1973 I think for me, standing on the sleepers on the east terrace watching super Georgie Best think we lost that day 3-2.

Canyou remember all the girls screaming every time Best touched the ball ?

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 18:06 - Jun 24 with 8967 viewsmax936

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 17:53 - Jun 24 by Oldjack

Canyou remember all the girls screaming every time Best touched the ball ?

Fuking hell mun, I was only about 12 mun.

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 20:20 - Jun 24 with 8881 viewsEdmundo

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 23:08 - Jun 23 by marchamjack

This is the only OFFICIAL matchday thread that is properly recognised. I'll be there with Mrs MJ and others, can't wait, top weekend ahead. Will report in ere once en France. Bon chance Pays de Galles!!!

Enjoy.......i'm jealous, be hell of a day, especially if we go through😉

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 20:44 - Jun 24 with 8841 viewsbuilthjack

Right, 3 hours kip,then start the journey

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 01:38 - Jun 25 with 8672 viewsDJack

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 20:44 - Jun 24 by builthjack

Right, 3 hours kip,then start the journey

Safe trip. I'm jealous mate.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 06:50 - Jun 25 with 8621 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 17:33 - Jun 24 by sherpajacob

No, Jack Harris is the king of the matchday threads.

Sorry, down arrowed you in error, stupid iPad
[Post edited 25 Jun 2016 6:50]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Wales Versus Northern Ireland Matchday Thread! on 06:50 - Jun 25 with 8618 viewsSwansNZ

I'm picking a 2-0 win today.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024