Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If I may pump out a little, trivial sunshine, our tiny >21K Liberty Stadium 22:58 - Nov 23 with 1022 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Has been rated as the best atmosphere in the PL by one objective source.

http://www.the92.net/stats/premier-league/atmosphere#.WDYc2ZBMFDs

If I am understanding this correctly, this is a survey database of visiting fans. So it's not like a handful of Jacks decided to win an internet poll.

Take a bow, Swansea, and then get back to freaking out.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2016 23:00]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

If I may pump ou a little meaningless sunshine, that little >21K Liberty Stadium on 23:05 - Nov 23 with 992 viewsSwanjaxs

That's surprising tbh, atmosphere has been poor for the last 18 months imo, then again lose to Palace on Saturday and things could change drastically #wewantourclubback

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

If I may pump out a little, trivial sunshine, our tiny >21K Liberty Stadium on 23:09 - Nov 23 with 979 viewsjack2jack

Well the Manure fans seemed to enjoy their last visit,hope we get the atmosphere going on Saturday.COYS
If I may pump out a little, trivial sunshine, our tiny >21K Liberty Stadium on 23:16 - Nov 23 with 961 viewsPrivate_Partz

If I may pump out a little, trivial sunshine, our tiny >21K Liberty Stadium on 23:09 - Nov 23 by jack2jack

Well the Manure fans seemed to enjoy their last visit,hope we get the atmosphere going on Saturday.COYS

Hopefully they did. I often think we are a bit harsh on our home support. We have had very few occasions to be overly vociferous since ML left but we have risen to those heights on the odd occasion. If we make a fist of staying up then those days could return. If not then the atmosphere will still be there but bloody toxic and vengeful ;')

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

If I may pump out a little, trivial sunshine, our tiny >21K Liberty Stadium on 23:35 - Nov 23 with 920 viewsGlyn1

Interesting. So - generally speaking - the smaller the ground, the better the atmosphere, i.e. noise?

Crystal Palace (2nd): the Palace fans make a lot of noise, which is good, but the facilities for away fans are abysmal.

UPDATE:
The Liberty also serves a good pint apparently.

http://www.the92.net/stats/premier-league/pint-selection#.WDYrFHJXWJA

I think it's based on their bloggers who are trying to visit all 92 stadiums eventually.

http://www.the92.net/ground/liberty-stadium#.WDYrfHJXWJC
[Post edited 23 Nov 2016 23:53]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

If I may pump out a little, trivial sunshine, our tiny >21K Liberty Stadium on 23:45 - Nov 23 with 891 viewsharryhpalmer

If I may pump out a little, trivial sunshine, our tiny >21K Liberty Stadium on 23:35 - Nov 23 by Glyn1

Interesting. So - generally speaking - the smaller the ground, the better the atmosphere, i.e. noise?

Crystal Palace (2nd): the Palace fans make a lot of noise, which is good, but the facilities for away fans are abysmal.

UPDATE:
The Liberty also serves a good pint apparently.

http://www.the92.net/stats/premier-league/pint-selection#.WDYrFHJXWJA

I think it's based on their bloggers who are trying to visit all 92 stadiums eventually.

http://www.the92.net/ground/liberty-stadium#.WDYrfHJXWJC
[Post edited 23 Nov 2016 23:53]

they're no so great for the home supporters either

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

If I may pump ou a little meaningless sunshine, that little >21K Liberty Stadium on 23:51 - Nov 23 with 880 viewsTummer_from_Texas

If I may pump ou a little meaningless sunshine, that little >21K Liberty Stadium on 23:05 - Nov 23 by Swanjaxs

That's surprising tbh, atmosphere has been poor for the last 18 months imo, then again lose to Palace on Saturday and things could change drastically #wewantourclubback

I'm guessing this has been done over a few seasons, based on the low sample size for West Ham's new grounds. It looks like each stadium had an average maybe 450 visiting fans surveyed. Liberty had 271 which obviously makes sense that it would be lower for a smaller ground.

Their twitter account has about 5K followers which indicates that this isn't quite a mainstream survey. But I still have no reason to think the survey size is too small to be valid.

Tbh I have been to Liberty once: Boxing Day last season and the atmosphere was pretty good but not anything to write home excited about. Granted we were in the West (south end) Stand and we could tell the singing was coming from all the way on the other side. Still, we had more memorable experiences standing the whole match and obnoxiously singing stuff like "Is This A Library" at Selhurst and Old Trafford.

Selhurst was nice too. I'm just glad we got to see both of the top 2.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

If I may pump out a little, trivial sunshine, our tiny >21K Liberty Stadium on 00:05 - Nov 24 with 856 viewsGlyn1

Having a look around that site, they asked for opinions in 2014 - so you're correct. Here's one verdict: "From an overall experience the match at Swansea was great as the small ground with the fans right on top of the pitch made for a great environment. Both sets of supporters* were vocal all match."

*Swansea v Chelsea

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

If I may pump out a little, trivial sunshine, our tiny >21K Liberty Stadium on 08:39 - Nov 24 with 671 viewsClinton

If I may pump out a little, trivial sunshine, our tiny >21K Liberty Stadium on 00:05 - Nov 24 by Glyn1

Having a look around that site, they asked for opinions in 2014 - so you're correct. Here's one verdict: "From an overall experience the match at Swansea was great as the small ground with the fans right on top of the pitch made for a great environment. Both sets of supporters* were vocal all match."

*Swansea v Chelsea

We always create a better atmosphere against the more successful clubs.
It's a good job they didn't take the temperature during the Watford game.
Having said that, I'm not too bothered what outsiders think.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Login to get fewer ads

If I may pump out a little, trivial sunshine, our tiny >21K Liberty Stadium on 08:48 - Nov 24 with 650 viewsDevz00

Interesting that.

We are 3rd overall for atmosphere when you look at the entire 92 as well.

http://www.the92.net/stats/overall/atmosphere#.WDao5LKLTIU

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024