Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Siggy's replacement 21:11 - Aug 16 with 7990 viewsjasonbromham

There are only 3 players that I have been able to find that could fill the void but I think they are all out of our league

Morgan Sanson - Marseille
Emil Forsberg - RB Leipzig
Jose Callejon - Napoli
[Post edited 16 Aug 2017 21:35]
Siggy's replacement on 21:13 - Aug 16 with 6307 viewsjojaca

http://www.liberty-stadium.com/liberty_stadium_intro_facts.php

Even when you know, you never know?

Siggy's replacement on 22:11 - Aug 16 with 6037 viewsclement

here's 3 i'd like us to look at:

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/273257/Show/Oleksandr-Zinchenko
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/115894/Show/Lucas-Lima
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/87449/Show/Marcelo-Brozovic

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

Siggy's replacement on 22:14 - Aug 16 with 6013 viewsgolly47

If we could get this kid, I would be extremely happy.

Poll: What was worse?

Siggy's replacement on 22:23 - Aug 16 with 5943 viewsSwanjaxs

All good prospects.... but you do realise that nothing will happen until deadline day.... and then probably no more than a 15 million pound spend on 3 players....

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Siggy's replacement on 22:25 - Aug 16 with 5913 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Siggy's replacement on 22:14 - Aug 16 by golly47

If we could get this kid, I would be extremely happy.

United were linked, anderlecht have pointed to his release clause as the only way he's leaving, off the top of my head, €30m+
Siggy's replacement on 22:26 - Aug 16 with 5904 viewsLoyal

Clement has changed our style, no need to replace him.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Siggy's replacement on 22:33 - Aug 16 with 5850 viewsTheKirkyLife

I think we've got to move on from the idea of a system based around the type of player Gylfi is. It's just not going to happen.

Look at our pre-Gylfi lineup. Bony, two wingers and a creative force in behind. We're going for a diamond setup now with an alternative winger setup. Possession and goal spread will be a factor once again as, at the very least, Carroll/Fer and whoever comes into that #10 role whether it be Ayew, Chadli or whoever will be able to chip in as well.
Siggy's replacement on 22:40 - Aug 16 with 5804 viewsCroftyjack

Never heard of any of them...have you seen them all on a regular basis or is it just from the they looked good in the game I once saw..pretty much Huw's way of scouting!
Login to get fewer ads

Siggy's replacement on 23:07 - Aug 16 with 5709 viewsjasonbromham

Looking at the downvotes I received some people clearly don't know their football.
Siggy's replacement on 23:09 - Aug 16 with 5689 viewsLoyal

Siggy's replacement on 23:07 - Aug 16 by jasonbromham

Looking at the downvotes I received some people clearly don't know their football.

I'm think a lot of supporters don't see him as needing to be replaced. That's all.
Viewpoints.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Siggy's replacement on 23:13 - Aug 16 with 5664 viewsAngelRangelQS

Yep no need to replace him. Clement will change the style and the likes of Carroll, Ayew and Ki will suddenly turn into top attacking players overnight
Siggy's replacement on 23:17 - Aug 16 with 5635 viewsLoyal

Siggy's replacement on 23:13 - Aug 16 by AngelRangelQS

Yep no need to replace him. Clement will change the style and the likes of Carroll, Ayew and Ki will suddenly turn into top attacking players overnight

Possibly not .....

Siggy's replacement on 23:19 - Aug 16 with 5620 viewsKerouac

How about this boy...

Plays in the position Siggy was playing for us.
Takes free-kicks and corners.
Has good pace and vision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Siggy's replacement on 23:21 - Aug 16 with 5599 viewsawayjack

Siggy's replacement on 23:13 - Aug 16 by AngelRangelQS

That's a first. Every fan I've spoken to - and obviously loads at the weekend - different views about who would replace him, but not one thought we had enough in midfield not to replace him. Bizzare that any fan who seen our inept display on Sat think our current midfield can compete in PL. completly outclassed and overrun by a weakened Soton midfield. Who in our midfield is capable of scoring / assisting 20+ goals?
Siggy's replacement on 23:24 - Aug 16 with 5573 viewsAngelRangelQS

Siggy's replacement on 23:21 - Aug 16 by awayjack

That's a first. Every fan I've spoken to - and obviously loads at the weekend - different views about who would replace him, but not one thought we had enough in midfield not to replace him. Bizzare that any fan who seen our inept display on Sat think our current midfield can compete in PL. completly outclassed and overrun by a weakened Soton midfield. Who in our midfield is capable of scoring / assisting 20+ goals?

I was actually being sarcastic but there's enough fans saying we don't need to replace him and heralding the likes of Carroll and Ayew as some sort of answer.

As things stand we need to replace something like 9 goals and 8 assists a season. Can we do it? I'm not holding my breath
[Post edited 16 Aug 2017 23:24]
Siggy's replacement on 23:26 - Aug 16 with 5547 viewsLoyal

Siggy's replacement on 23:24 - Aug 16 by AngelRangelQS

I was actually being sarcastic but there's enough fans saying we don't need to replace him and heralding the likes of Carroll and Ayew as some sort of answer.

As things stand we need to replace something like 9 goals and 8 assists a season. Can we do it? I'm not holding my breath

Well then PC needs to start banging his drum louder.

Siggy's replacement on 23:28 - Aug 16 with 5522 viewsE20Jack

Siggy's replacement on 23:24 - Aug 16 by AngelRangelQS

But remember we dont need to replace 9 goals and 8 assists in one player. If as a result of Siggys departure it allows Carroll an extra 5 assists and 4 goals for example then thats half the job right there and with him on free kick and corner duty that is more than achievable. I am sure the likes of Ayew will also have more goals and assists as a result and that is without even touching upon his direct replacement.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Siggy's replacement on 23:30 - Aug 16 with 5521 viewsAngelRangelQS

Siggy's replacement on 23:26 - Aug 16 by Loyal

Well then PC needs to start banging his drum louder.

Wathan's article seemed to suggest that they were holding off making signings until they knew how much we'd get for Siggy which to be fair does make sense.

If true that means that at the very least we should have made some sort of a start on 2-3 transfers?
Siggy's replacement on 23:58 - Aug 16 with 5453 viewsmax936

I'd love to see Morgan Sanson here and Tonny Vilhena cracking players, that said the Premier League is a different animal to the leagues they play in and you've got to wonder, why Premier League clubs haven't been mentioned as being interested in them I suppose, although I'm sure Sanson had a bad injury a year or so ago, but fair play he's recovered well.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Siggy's replacement on 00:16 - Aug 17 with 5397 viewsNirvana

Definitely some quality players brought up in this thread, but I doubt any of them would come to Swansea. That's if we even went after them, and I doubt we will. One of the most disappointing aspects of supporting the Swans is knowing that we'll be shafted in every transfer window, either by other clubs or our own.

I was optimistic for this summer after the signings in January (and Mesa), but this is turning out to be a typical Swansea window after all. Get rid of our best player(s), bring in HJ's bargain-bin replacements, and hope you get lucky with one or two. I thought Mesa would be a sign of things to come, but it looks an anomaly at this point.

Chadli/Bony are the bargain-bin options (and they'd be far from bargains, any way you look at it) and the two guys every outlet started screaming about after Siggy's deal was completed. No guarantee, of course, but the writing's on the wall here. And personally, I think the Allen link is Jenkins' unique brand of bbullsshitt intended to appease the fans during a tense moment. Extremely doubtful, bare minimum.

Still, we now have a huge chunk of money to spend and a market that is open for a few weeks. Anything can happen during that time, but I fear we all know what's coming. Hopefully, I am wrong. We'll see.
Siggy's replacement on 00:29 - Aug 17 with 5361 viewsdameedna

Tonny would be good as would Morgan possible both but what would they cost and could they adapt without a pre seasson. Marseille would a good platform though. g
Got a guess we will fo for that Den Haag player, Toonstra or something. Never seen him play but linked a few times.

Replacing our no 10 may come in the form of Tammy and sign another striker. After United we may get a better feel for how Tammy is going to play. He can also play on the wing and keep a strong diamond.

Hopefully we will look better at home but we must have serious doubts at present. Nothing like a few matches to sort out the boys.

Tadic had a good game for Southampton and their midfield was everywhere. Carroll is our best player at the moment. Lets hope Mesa can string it all together.
Siggy's replacement on 01:16 - Aug 17 with 5305 viewsKerouac

A link to an article planted by Jankto's agent who desperately wants to get him into the Prem...where the money is!

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-like-udinese-midfielder-jakub-

Huw, if you're reading, what more can I do?
I have taken you by your ludicrous, oversized, nose and led you to the water...now drink you fecker!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Siggy's replacement on 01:24 - Aug 17 with 5293 viewsAnotherJohn

I've talked to a couple of people whose views I respect and they think we'll live to regret this transfer. £35m to £40m of available money (being optimistic) isn't as much in this market as people here like to think It looks to me as if we're facing another season of trying to cling on by our fingertips. Our sights seem to be being progressively lowered. Stuart Armstrong from Celtic at about £6m anybody? Actually his rumoured new deal will probably mean he wouldn't be such a bargain.
Siggy's replacement on 01:33 - Aug 17 with 5279 viewsE20Jack

Siggy's replacement on 01:24 - Aug 17 by AnotherJohn

I've talked to a couple of people whose views I respect and they think we'll live to regret this transfer. £35m to £40m of available money (being optimistic) isn't as much in this market as people here like to think It looks to me as if we're facing another season of trying to cling on by our fingertips. Our sights seem to be being progressively lowered. Stuart Armstrong from Celtic at about £6m anybody? Actually his rumoured new deal will probably mean he wouldn't be such a bargain.

Regretting it isn't the case. We had no real choice in the matter. The player refused to play for us and made it clear he wanted to leave. In this day and age there was only ever one outcome and decision to make, and that was getting the most money for him possible, which I think we probably have done.

People seem to be thinking he would stay forever if not sold. Every single player we have had, currently have and ever will have - will need replacing, so there can be no regrets on the inevitable. The trick to being able to continue progressing is allowing yourself the greatest chance to replace them with quality - and that is simply by securing the most money you can.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Siggy's replacement on 02:00 - Aug 17 with 5235 viewsAussieSwan

Is Boudebouz still available?

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024