Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When English League Football Ruled Europe. 23:03 - Mar 30 with 4091 viewslifelong

Anyone else watch this two part series on ITV4?

The late 70’s, early 80’s was a remarkable era for English league football.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2018 23:22]
When English Football Ruled Europe. on 23:13 - Mar 30 with 2513 viewsKilkennyjack

Yes the likes of Best, Law, Dalglish, joey jones and Rush lit up the English game.

Beware of the Risen People

When English Football Ruled Europe. on 23:18 - Mar 30 with 2509 viewstrampie

1980 Nacional 1—0 Nottingham Forest
1981 Flamengo 3—0 Liverpool
1982 Peñarol 2—0 Aston Villa
1983 Grêmio 2—1 (aet) Hamburger SV
1984 Independiente 1—0 Liverpool

The English teams always used to get their arses handed to them by the South Americans on the World stage mind you.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2018 23:18]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

When English Football Ruled Europe. on 23:22 - Mar 30 with 2488 viewslifelong

When English Football Ruled Europe. on 23:13 - Mar 30 by Kilkennyjack

Yes the likes of Best, Law, Dalglish, joey jones and Rush lit up the English game.

Amended it for you Killy. 👍
When English Football Ruled Europe. on 23:25 - Mar 30 with 2477 viewsDarran

When English Football Ruled Europe. on 23:18 - Mar 30 by trampie

1980 Nacional 1—0 Nottingham Forest
1981 Flamengo 3—0 Liverpool
1982 Peñarol 2—0 Aston Villa
1983 Grêmio 2—1 (aet) Hamburger SV
1984 Independiente 1—0 Liverpool

The English teams always used to get their arses handed to them by the South Americans on the World stage mind you.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2018 23:18]

Oh shut up you dull cùnt.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

When English Football Ruled Europe. on 23:36 - Mar 30 with 2457 viewstrampie

When English Football Ruled Europe. on 23:25 - Mar 30 by Darran

Oh shut up you dull cùnt.

Well they did used to get hammered on the World stage, I used to take great delight in them losing so I remember it well [fully paid up member of the ABE's see butt, Anybody But England], I remember the Liverpool team of Grobbelaar, Neal, Thompson, Hansen, Lawrenson, Lee, McDermott, Souness, Kennedy, Dalglish and Johnston getting humiliated by Zico's boys, Zico ran the show and it was 3-nil to the boys from Brazil by half-time.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 03:10 - Mar 31 with 2398 viewsLoyal

Slightly off piste but - World Cup England national team stats

1966 - Hosts, did not qualify.
1970 - As dodgy winners, did not qualify.
1974 - Did not qualify.
1978 - Did not qualify
1982 - Back door play off win. Thumped in the competition.

The myth is English football, bigger than even an Anus book.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2018 3:10]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

When English Football Ruled Europe. on 06:59 - Mar 31 with 2342 viewsWATP

When English Football Ruled Europe. on 23:36 - Mar 30 by trampie

Well they did used to get hammered on the World stage, I used to take great delight in them losing so I remember it well [fully paid up member of the ABE's see butt, Anybody But England], I remember the Liverpool team of Grobbelaar, Neal, Thompson, Hansen, Lawrenson, Lee, McDermott, Souness, Kennedy, Dalglish and Johnston getting humiliated by Zico's boys, Zico ran the show and it was 3-nil to the boys from Brazil by half-time.

Football the game you watch and enjoy, i imagine, given to the world by the English.
Another very popular sport in Wales - rugby - also given to us by the English.
When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 07:29 - Mar 31 with 2325 viewstrampie

That is 4 finals over a 5 year period during that time and English teams not only lost the lot but they scored 0 goals and let in 7 goals.

Login to get fewer ads

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 07:38 - Mar 31 with 2310 viewsSTID2017

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 07:29 - Mar 31 by trampie

That is 4 finals over a 5 year period during that time and English teams not only lost the lot but they scored 0 goals and let in 7 goals.

I'm with you on the English team - rugby or football.
I always want them to lose whoever they are playing.
However, In my case it is just borne out of rivalry, although I do dislike the jingoistic way the press and media fawn over them every game.
As a race there is good and bad in all, and I have met as many arrogant Welsh men and women than English.
I also hate the chants against the English at Swans matches - I wonder how hearing them makes our English players and staff feel?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 07:43 - Mar 31 with 2304 viewstrampie

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 07:38 - Mar 31 by STID2017

I'm with you on the English team - rugby or football.
I always want them to lose whoever they are playing.
However, In my case it is just borne out of rivalry, although I do dislike the jingoistic way the press and media fawn over them every game.
As a race there is good and bad in all, and I have met as many arrogant Welsh men and women than English.
I also hate the chants against the English at Swans matches - I wonder how hearing them makes our English players and staff feel?

It is the same with me.

If England were playing little green men from Mars I would want the little green men to win.

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 07:57 - Mar 31 with 2284 viewslifelong

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 07:29 - Mar 31 by trampie

I am talking English League clubs here, not the English National team. In the 8 European Cup competitions between 1977 and 1984 English League clubs won it 7 times. Liverpool 1977, 78,81 and 84, Notts Forest 1979 and 80 and Villa 1982.
It was a golden era for English League clubs.
When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 08:08 - Mar 31 with 2270 viewstrampie

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 07:57 - Mar 31 by lifelong

I am talking English League clubs here, not the English National team. In the 8 European Cup competitions between 1977 and 1984 English League clubs won it 7 times. Liverpool 1977, 78,81 and 84, Notts Forest 1979 and 80 and Villa 1982.

I'm talking English league clubs as well, they played in the intercontinental cup 4 times in that time frame and lost everytime without even scoring a single goal.

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 08:08 - Mar 31 with 2269 viewsSTID2017

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 07:57 - Mar 31 by lifelong

It's a brilliant record whichever way you look at it.
Emphasises how much yhe English clubs are under achieving in Europe in more recent times

When English Football Ruled Europe. on 08:16 - Mar 31 with 2265 viewsKilkennyjack

When English Football Ruled Europe. on 23:22 - Mar 30 by lifelong

Amended it for you Killy. 👍

Diolch comrade 😂👍

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 08:16 - Mar 31 with 2263 viewsbyron

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 03:10 - Mar 31 by Loyal

Slightly off piste but - World Cup England national team stats

1966 - Hosts, did not qualify.
1970 - As dodgy winners, did not qualify.
1974 - Did not qualify.
1978 - Did not qualify
1982 - Back door play off win. Thumped in the competition.

The myth is English football, bigger than even an Anus book.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2018 3:10]

You can add to that list loyal

1984 Euros didn’t qualify
1988/92 Euros out in group stage didn’t win a game
94 USA didn’t qualify
Euro 2008 didn’t qualify
South Africa 2010 didn’t win a game
Brazil 2014 didn’t win a game
Euro 2016 out in group stage Iceland lol

For 60 million there record is shocking, more embarrassing than the jacks effort of a firm 😜
[Post edited 31 Mar 2018 8:24]

Benny

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 08:32 - Mar 31 with 2235 viewsSTID2017

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 08:16 - Mar 31 by byron

You can add to that list loyal

1984 Euros didn’t qualify
1988/92 Euros out in group stage didn’t win a game
94 USA didn’t qualify
Euro 2008 didn’t qualify
South Africa 2010 didn’t win a game
Brazil 2014 didn’t win a game
Euro 2016 out in group stage Iceland lol

For 60 million there record is shocking, more embarrassing than the jacks effort of a firm 😜
[Post edited 31 Mar 2018 8:24]

Their record is overall appalling, they flatter to decieve, they live on past glories and they are often shown up by their smaller neighbours.
Sound familiar ?

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 09:04 - Mar 31 with 2196 viewsKilkennyjack

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 08:32 - Mar 31 by STID2017

Their record is overall appalling, they flatter to decieve, they live on past glories and they are often shown up by their smaller neighbours.
Sound familiar ?

Past glory. Singular.

Even that was a world cup in their own back garden, when no more than 6 countries were actually competitive. (Then lost to Scotland at Wembley of course, so in boxing terms Scotland were the new world champions from 1967).

Only notable exception would be Blobby Robson and Gazza at Italia 90, fair play. 👏

They should have only one Lion until they improve.....

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 09:08 - Mar 31 with 2191 viewsbyron

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 08:32 - Mar 31 by STID2017

Sound familiar ?

Lol.....
Takeaway the last 7 years and you lot are nothing, best pray you stay up there init? 💋

Benny

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 09:13 - Mar 31 with 2179 viewsbyron

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 09:04 - Mar 31 by Kilkennyjack

Past glory. Singular.

Even that was a world cup in their own back garden, when no more than 6 countries were actually competitive. (Then lost to Scotland at Wembley of course, so in boxing terms Scotland were the new world champions from 1967).

Only notable exception would be Blobby Robson and Gazza at Italia 90, fair play. 👏

They should have only one Lion until they improve.....

I was thinking about this the other day, it’s incredibke how bad it is in fact. You look back at some of the players like Hoddle, Robson, peter Reid, tough players too, John Barnes etc, the. To the modern age with midfield like scholes, Lampard, Gerrard, john terry and Ferdinand behind. I mean how did they never win anything? They just cannot play together, like Gary Neville says now, they barely spoke to the Liverpool players etc...all the resources, all the players but no end product.
You can already tell how this summer will go.....

Benny

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 09:42 - Mar 31 with 2145 viewsSTID2017

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 09:08 - Mar 31 by byron

Lol.....
Takeaway the last 7 years and you lot are nothing, best pray you stay up there init? 💋

Even if we don't we've still acieved more than you have in the 40 years
9 years (and counting) in the top division.
Seeing players (both for us and against us ) you could only dream of, playing and beating all the top clubs and winning three times at Wembley (and drawing there once)
Against your one season in the PL, average players and how many wins at Wembley in the last 40 years - none isn't it ?

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 10:23 - Mar 31 with 2127 viewsKilkennyjack

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 09:42 - Mar 31 by STID2017

Seeing players (both for us and against us ) you could only dream of, playing and beating all the top clubs and winning three times at Wembley (and drawing there once)
Against your one season in the PL, average players and how many wins at Wembley in the last 40 years - none isn't it ?

The bluebirds/turds played in fecking red in the global Premier League. Fantastic. 😂

Even Rambo left them as soon as he could. Despite being bigger than Barca remember. 😂

Fair play to all their fans though, who dress as blue plastic seats for every home game. Respect. 😂

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 10:43 - Mar 31 with 2114 viewsbyron

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 10:23 - Mar 31 by Kilkennyjack

The bluebirds/turds played in fecking red in the global Premier League. Fantastic. 😂

Even Rambo left them as soon as he could. Despite being bigger than Barca remember. 😂

Fair play to all their fans though, who dress as blue plastic seats for every home game. Respect. 😂

Remind me the gate for spurs at home in the cup again? 13000 home fans, yes you really are a big club after your greatest years ever....lol
The welsh Wigan as your roundly known as

Benny

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 10:55 - Mar 31 with 2102 viewsbyron

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 09:42 - Mar 31 by STID2017

Didn’t realise life began 40 years ago? Your rise and spectacular fall in 82 ? Wonder if history will repeat. You will never last with the hedge fund owners that’s for sure. I’ve seen us win at Wembley, and an fa cup final appearance something you lot may never see. The premier league isn’t all that, you think it is but it isn’t.

Benny

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 12:00 - Mar 31 with 2055 viewsSTID2017

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 10:55 - Mar 31 by byron

Didn’t realise life began 40 years ago? Your rise and spectacular fall in 82 ? Wonder if history will repeat. You will never last with the hedge fund owners that’s for sure. I’ve seen us win at Wembley, and an fa cup final appearance something you lot may never see. The premier league isn’t all that, you think it is but it isn’t.

Okay so playing the likes of Burton in front of 21,000 fans is the pinnacle of your ambition is it ?
I remember the days when we used to dream of maybe playing teams like Man Utd and Spurs.
As you know the reason we had a poor turnout against Spurs was mainly because we have seen then 14 times home and away in recent years.
Perhaps when you guys get to play them in the future sometime you might actually fill your stadium again ?

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 13:13 - Mar 31 with 2015 viewsHighjack

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 10:55 - Mar 31 by byron

Your club is a gangrenous pustule on the anus of humanity.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024