Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March 15:42 - Feb 28 with 9683 viewsQJumpingJack

What questions need to be asked?

Watson, Coleman and Williams will be present as will be a member of the Trust board.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-hold-fans-forum-march-11
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 16:52 - Feb 28 with 2803 viewsWhiterockin

Obviously one poster on here who continually posts about the trust won't have the balls to ask the questions in person.
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 18:30 - Feb 28 with 2749 viewsQJumpingJack

Have any lessons been learnt after the last 9 months?
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 19:11 - Feb 28 with 2719 viewsRhonddaSwans

Where is steve? as been as he rubber-stamps everything why have we only got the monkeys?

Without the organ grinder there what is the point 😡

When will you be selling the club to someone who can afford it or have the passion and ambition to run it?
P

(before I get a dressing down off we all know who)

This is MY question so make your own question! it's for the owners not you I want to throw a cat amongst the pigeons...
[Post edited 28 Feb 19:14]

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 19:11 - Feb 28 with 2718 viewsRhonddaSwans

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 16:52 - Feb 28 by Whiterockin

Obviously one poster on here who continually posts about the trust won't have the balls to ask the questions in person.

😂

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 19:57 - Feb 28 with 2674 viewsQJumpingJack

Why has Nathan Jones been enjoying hospitality at certain Swans games this season?
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 20:18 - Feb 28 with 2654 viewsangryjack

Whatever you ask them they will spout bullsh!t
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 20:32 - Feb 28 with 2633 viewsmax936

Perfect opportunity to ask all the questions he expects others to ask and get answers,
he'll probably say he's to busy that night dipping the sheep ready for the spring and summer seasons or having pasta and a pint sitting in a corner of his corner pub.
[Post edited 28 Feb 20:32]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 22:38 - Feb 28 with 2553 viewsDr_Winston

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 19:11 - Feb 28 by RhonddaSwans

Where is steve? as been as he rubber-stamps everything why have we only got the monkeys?

Without the organ grinder there what is the point 😡

When will you be selling the club to someone who can afford it or have the passion and ambition to run it?
P

(before I get a dressing down off we all know who)

This is MY question so make your own question! it's for the owners not you I want to throw a cat amongst the pigeons...
[Post edited 28 Feb 19:14]

I assume by "passion and ambition" you mean "Spend shitloads more".

There are obvious questions over the future direction of the club. It's obvious that in recent years we've wavered between some ludicrous vision of the future sold by Russell Martin, then when that failed miserably some 180 degree course correction and ultimately ended up right back where we started.

I'd like to know where Williams differs from Martin and why that was enough to offer him the job. If he doesn't differ from Martin then I'd like to know when we can expect the resignations.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 05:58 - Feb 29 with 2489 viewsangryjack

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 22:38 - Feb 28 by Dr_Winston

I assume by "passion and ambition" you mean "Spend shitloads more".

There are obvious questions over the future direction of the club. It's obvious that in recent years we've wavered between some ludicrous vision of the future sold by Russell Martin, then when that failed miserably some 180 degree course correction and ultimately ended up right back where we started.

I'd like to know where Williams differs from Martin and why that was enough to offer him the job. If he doesn't differ from Martin then I'd like to know when we can expect the resignations.

There is a complete difference between martin and williams..
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 07:08 - Feb 29 with 2475 viewsPawelAbbott

Why did we pay compensation to recruit Duff as manager and the within 6 months pay compensation to relieve him of his duties, in part on the basis of his playing style. Any investigation into his career would have shown his preffered style.
Who made this decision and are they still employed by the club?

Who decided to recruit Pederson on an apparently high wage, when we already had 3 regular first team players in the same position? Would it not have made more sense to bring in another promising youngster on a lower wage to gain experience and value? Rather than spend that wage on a journeyman who would not increase on value?
Who made that decision and are they still employed by the club? If so, why?
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 07:53 - Feb 29 with 2446 viewsQJumpingJack

Who are the investors?
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 17:07 - Feb 29 with 2313 viewsSwans9

If Whittaker gets sold this summer will all funds go towards a signing for the future and not a loan. I know they take no money out we be answer.
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 18:19 - Feb 29 with 2270 viewsReslovenSwan1

I stand alone calling for the Trust to be shut down unless they produce a credible business plan.

I am not interested in them. They are a negative influence and have the same values as the Neath Women's institute. (it is a social club with no ambition to grow).

The idea that they can fulfill their brief is laughable. They started a "bucket carriers" and that is what they are today. They do not know what to do with the money they have. It is devaluing. £1000 a week.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 18:25 - Feb 29 with 2272 viewsGwyn737

We should ask lots of questions about the trust and nothing about the other 90% as thats none of our business.
[Post edited 29 Feb 18:38]
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 18:45 - Feb 29 with 2235 viewsWhiterockin

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 18:25 - Feb 29 by Gwyn737

We should ask lots of questions about the trust and nothing about the other 90% as thats none of our business.

There is 100% clarity with the trust, everything is updated on their website. On the other hand the other 90% are a spiders Web.
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 18:51 - Feb 29 with 2227 viewsReslovenSwan1

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 18:25 - Feb 29 by Gwyn737

Any questions at all would n be nice. It is a normal way of working Get you own house in order first. Like how are you investing your £1m to avoid inflation.

5% inflation £50,000 devaluation a year or £1000 a week.

Only then should you spend time asking other people their own business.

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 19:36 - Feb 29 with 2188 viewstheloneranger

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 18:51 - Feb 29 by ReslovenSwan1

Any questions at all would n be nice. It is a normal way of working Get you own house in order first. Like how are you investing your £1m to avoid inflation.

5% inflation £50,000 devaluation a year or £1000 a week.

Only then should you spend time asking other people their own business.

Why don't you find out exactly what a Trust is lawfully allowed to invest in - and then come back and tell us what you continually say about their lack of investment is true.

Perhaps you could attend this meeting and ask the "horses mouth" about their so called ill judged investment - and you can advise them where they've been going wrong all these years, and how to make their investments profitable.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 20:18 - Feb 29 with 2161 viewsWhiterockin

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 19:36 - Feb 29 by theloneranger

Why don't you find out exactly what a Trust is lawfully allowed to invest in - and then come back and tell us what you continually say about their lack of investment is true.

Perhaps you could attend this meeting and ask the "horses mouth" about their so called ill judged investment - and you can advise them where they've been going wrong all these years, and how to make their investments profitable.

He doesn't even know what a trust membership costs. Never mind the investment rules.
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 21:12 - Feb 29 with 2115 viewsReslovenSwan1

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 20:18 - Feb 29 by Whiterockin

He doesn't even know what a trust membership costs. Never mind the investment rules.

I have read the Model Rules. It is largely in legal terms what most of us would call "legalese".

From what i can see they can invest in things relating to their brief " the preservation of football in Swansea". It would need a lawyer to verify this and I am not a lawyer.

I actually believe that they are amateurs and probably do not want to do any more work for no reward. This is reasonable. When they became worth £20m they needed a gear change and passing over to a professional footing while taking on advice. This should have been done in 2013.

I would suggest to them to commision a report on the way forward by a consultant with regard to growth and investment within the Model rules. This could involve speaking to the authors of the Model rules to understand the limitations and intentions perhaps . There was an option of conversion. I am not sure the rules are suited to big money holdings.

Mutuals Co-operatives and other non profit organisation have long history in the UK. Building Societies for example.

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 21:23 - Feb 29 with 2099 viewsWhiterockin

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 21:12 - Feb 29 by ReslovenSwan1

I have read the Model Rules. It is largely in legal terms what most of us would call "legalese".

From what i can see they can invest in things relating to their brief " the preservation of football in Swansea". It would need a lawyer to verify this and I am not a lawyer.

I actually believe that they are amateurs and probably do not want to do any more work for no reward. This is reasonable. When they became worth £20m they needed a gear change and passing over to a professional footing while taking on advice. This should have been done in 2013.

I would suggest to them to commision a report on the way forward by a consultant with regard to growth and investment within the Model rules. This could involve speaking to the authors of the Model rules to understand the limitations and intentions perhaps . There was an option of conversion. I am not sure the rules are suited to big money holdings.

Mutuals Co-operatives and other non profit organisation have long history in the UK. Building Societies for example.

So you don't understand the trusts investment rules.
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 21:42 - Feb 29 with 2087 viewsReslovenSwan1

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 21:23 - Feb 29 by Whiterockin

I leave these thing to lawyers. These are legal documents From what I can see they can invest in many areas such as shares and property. It needs to be related to the brief. I am not a member. I criticise them for not using their assets properly.

"The main objective of a supporters' trust is to provide a vehicle for fans to influence the running of their club. This is achieved by a number of different strategies, including gaining control by fundraising to finance the acquisition of shares in the club or direct board representation."

SCST has a strategy of shrinkage. What fundraising is going on such that they can acquire shares in the club for example in the recent convertible loan note.? This organisation was worth £20m around 2015.

They wanted to buy in 2016 when the shares were expensive. They are not interested now they are cheap.

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 22:47 - Feb 29 with 2050 viewsmax936

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 21:23 - Feb 29 by Whiterockin

He doesn't accept the truth, ignorance is bliss, init!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 01:11 - Mar 1 with 2018 viewsReslovenSwan1

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 22:47 - Feb 29 by max936

He doesn't accept the truth, ignorance is bliss, init!

I have had a look at the accounts.

Close on £1m in the bank with a £50,000 loss this year. (on going legal fees £39,000).

The interest gains were £3,000. (Some moneys in Building society to fair).

Interest on saving 0.3%. This is the truth.

Inflation on average 5.2%. De valuation 4.9%. This equates to £49,000 a year.

Subscription appear to have crumbled with £2,500 reported. This is pathetic. One thousand member paying £10 would be £10,000.

This is the Truth.

[Post edited 1 Mar 1:48]

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 06:27 - Mar 1 with 1986 viewsSwans9

I always renew my membership to the trust every little helps. No one knows the future but venture capitalists it's in the name move onto different ventures in other words fingers in all the pies.
Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 07:49 - Mar 1 with 1957 viewsWhiterockin

Fans Forum - Monday 11th March on 01:11 - Mar 1 by ReslovenSwan1

I have had a look at the accounts.

Close on £1m in the bank with a £50,000 loss this year. (on going legal fees £39,000).

The interest gains were £3,000. (Some moneys in Building society to fair).

Interest on saving 0.3%. This is the truth.

Inflation on average 5.2%. De valuation 4.9%. This equates to £49,000 a year.

Subscription appear to have crumbled with £2,500 reported. This is pathetic. One thousand member paying £10 would be £10,000.

This is the Truth.

[Post edited 1 Mar 1:48]

As I stated you don't even know what the membership fees are.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024