Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cape Verde 19:38 - Jan 22 with 2482 viewsexiledclaseboy

Anyone been? What’s it like? Ta.

Poll: Tory leader

Cape Verde on 19:48 - Jan 22 with 1899 viewsFlashberryjack

I've been to Cape Verde (Sal) what do you want to know.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Cape Verde on 19:53 - Jan 22 with 1879 viewsdickythorpe

Sal is where my sister went with her partner a year back.
Very third world and laid back "No stress" is the catchphrase out there.
If you just want to chill out without wanting to do much then it's ideal.
Cape Verde on 20:03 - Jan 22 with 1850 viewsHighjack

I liked it.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Cape Verde on 20:11 - Jan 22 with 1824 viewsHighjack

Cape Verde on 19:53 - Jan 22 by dickythorpe

Yeah the local towns and villages are a bit like a comic relief advert. The kids just swarm you holding their hands out and they will try and snatch anything, cameras, phones etc.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Cape Verde on 20:26 - Jan 22 with 1789 viewsFlashberryjack

Cape Verde on 20:11 - Jan 22 by Highjack

Yeah the local towns and villages are a bit like a comic relief advert. The kids just swarm you holding their hands out and they will try and snatch anything, cameras, phones etc.

I liked Santa Maria, watched a live Swans game in a beach sports bar, and it was really on the beach.
Santa Maria is like being in a Caribbean town, some lovely little bars and restaurants.

Hello

Cape Verde on 20:27 - Jan 22 with 1785 viewsItchySphincter

Ha! I nearly booked Cape Verde before Cyprus!

Really like the look of it but just decided that Cyprus was easier with the kids.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Cape Verde on 20:42 - Jan 22 with 1742 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cape Verde on 19:48 - Jan 22 by Flashberryjack

I've been to Cape Verde (Sal) what do you want to know.

Enjoy?

Cape Verde on 20:44 - Jan 22 with 1738 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cape Verde on 19:53 - Jan 22 by dickythorpe

That’s the plan to be honest. Beer, pool, food. Rinse and repeat.

Login to get fewer ads

Cape Verde on 20:46 - Jan 22 with 1734 viewsdickythorpe

Cape Verde on 20:44 - Jan 22 by exiledclaseboy

That’s the plan to be honest. Beer, pool, food. Rinse and repeat.

Well it's a perfect choice. The airport makes Fairwood look big and then it's a road like some of the streets in Manselton to negotiate....but the end result is tranquility and rest.
Cape Verde on 20:51 - Jan 22 with 1722 viewsFlashberryjack

Cape Verde on 20:42 - Jan 22 by exiledclaseboy

Enjoy?

I did, it's a lovely place for a chill holiday.
Which Island are you thinking to visit ?

Hello

Cape Verde on 20:51 - Jan 22 with 1718 viewsbuilthjack

A few that I know have been. They said you cannot leave your complex as it's third world in the towns and villages with beggars everywhere.
Each to their own, but not for me.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Cape Verde on 20:52 - Jan 22 with 1716 viewsmarchamjack

Went there last Easter. Had one of best days ever going whale watching. Saw loads of them, really close up to the catamaran we were on, sht ourselves first time they came close as they were much bigger than our boat and cannot describe their size. It was breeding season and they were breaching the water every few minutes and you could hear the slap on the water echoing around as they just slammed back into the water. Anyway, go. Enjoyed the totally relaxed vibe of the place.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Cape Verde on 20:53 - Jan 22 with 1713 viewsHighjack

All around the perimeter of the hotel they had a guard post every few yards with a bloke armed to the teeth. So you felt quite safe.

Cape Verde on 20:53 - Jan 22 with 1713 viewsSwanjaxs

Cape Verde on 20:51 - Jan 22 by builthjack

A few that I know have been. They said you cannot leave your complex as it's third world in the towns and villages with beggars everywhere.

Bit like Barry then ...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Cape Verde on 21:03 - Jan 22 with 1694 viewsFlashberryjack

Cape Verde on 20:51 - Jan 22 by builthjack

I left my hotel loads of times, did a tour of the Island calling in a few villages along the way, yes there was poverty and a few street rip off merchants (mostly senegalese), but never ever felt unsafe whatsoever.

I found the Cape Verdeans to be very friendly indeed.

Hello

Cape Verde on 21:04 - Jan 22 with 1680 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Cape Verde on 20:53 - Jan 22 by Highjack

All around the perimeter of the hotel they had a guard post every few yards with a bloke armed to the teeth. So you felt quite safe.

Which side of the fence were you?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Cape Verde on 21:06 - Jan 22 with 1672 viewsHighjack

Cape Verde on 21:04 - Jan 22 by JACKMANANDBOY

Which side of the fence were you?

I was sitting on the fence like I usually am.

Cape Verde on 21:07 - Jan 22 with 1673 viewsbuilthjack

Cape Verde on 21:03 - Jan 22 by Flashberryjack

I left my hotel loads of times, did a tour of the Island calling in a few villages along the way, yes there was poverty and a few street rip off merchants (mostly senegalese), but never ever felt unsafe whatsoever.

I found the Cape Verdeans to be very friendly indeed.

Good to hear flash. Always good to enjoy a holiday.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Cape Verde on 21:10 - Jan 22 with 1662 viewsHighjack

Oh yeah, take shitloads of insect repellent. And I mean shitloads.

Cape Verde on 21:12 - Jan 22 with 1661 viewsFlashberryjack

Cape Verde on 21:07 - Jan 22 by builthjack

Good to hear flash. Always good to enjoy a holiday.

Had a great time mate, met loads of really nice people, which island were your friends on ?

Hello

Cape Verde on 21:16 - Jan 22 with 1651 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cape Verde on 20:51 - Jan 22 by Flashberryjack

I did, it's a lovely place for a chill holiday.
Which Island are you thinking to visit ?

Same as you, mate. Sal. Rui Funana the hotel is.

Cape Verde on 21:40 - Jan 22 with 1616 viewsFlashberryjack

Cape Verde on 21:16 - Jan 22 by exiledclaseboy

Same as you, mate. Sal. Rui Funana the hotel is.

Can't say I recall that one, we stayed in the Melia Dunas Beach Hotel (nice).

Just had a look at your hotels location, short taxi into Santa Maria, which is well worth a visit, they drop you off by the pier where you'll see the little boats coming in with all sorts of fish being unloaded and cleaned, and massive Wahoo that they catch with a spear gun.

Also worth booking a tour of the Island in a 4 x 4, walk with sharks, Salt Mine and a stinky mud bath if you like that sort of stuff, then probably visit the mirage, and lunch in Palmeira, expect to see some extreme poverty, we got friendly with a couple staying in the Presidential suit, so we raided their fridge for three days before the trip to give to the kids, you could swear we'd given them pure gold.

It can be a bit breezy and overcast, but be careful because you can still get sunburned.
Enjoy

Hello

Cape Verde on 22:01 - Jan 22 with 1589 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cape Verde on 21:40 - Jan 22 by Flashberryjack

Can't say I recall that one, we stayed in the Melia Dunas Beach Hotel (nice).

Just had a look at your hotels location, short taxi into Santa Maria, which is well worth a visit, they drop you off by the pier where you'll see the little boats coming in with all sorts of fish being unloaded and cleaned, and massive Wahoo that they catch with a spear gun.

Also worth booking a tour of the Island in a 4 x 4, walk with sharks, Salt Mine and a stinky mud bath if you like that sort of stuff, then probably visit the mirage, and lunch in Palmeira, expect to see some extreme poverty, we got friendly with a couple staying in the Presidential suit, so we raided their fridge for three days before the trip to give to the kids, you could swear we'd given them pure gold.

It can be a bit breezy and overcast, but be careful because you can still get sunburned.
Enjoy

Good tips, thanks. Looking forward to a winter break.

Cape Verde on 22:39 - Jan 22 with 1535 viewscontroversial_jack

Apparently, the sea can get a bit rough and lot's of currents, so take care
Cape Verde on 22:47 - Jan 22 with 1522 viewsbuilthjack

Cape Verde on 21:12 - Jan 22 by Flashberryjack

Had a great time mate, met loads of really nice people, which island were your friends on ?

Haven't a clue

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024