Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Race around the World 21:27 - Apr 27 with 1516 viewsCatullus

I got into this program and have really enjoyed the competition and seeing parts of the world we don't normally see on tv.

What really was nice though, the winners of the South American race had been through Sao Paolo and seen the homeless kids, at the end they said they'd donate half their winnings to a charity for those kids.
It wasn't their only charitable act during the race either. They seem genuinely nice guys.

PS, I am dead jealous, I would have loved to do something like this.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Race around the World on 21:46 - Apr 27 with 1497 viewswestside

Round the world on a train on Channel 5 with tony robinson (baldrick) has been good.

He went to Peru and Machu Picchu

https://www.channel5.com/show/around-the-world-by-train-with-tony-robinson/
Race around the World on 22:48 - Apr 27 with 1453 viewsmarchamjack

Best programme on tv for me. Love travelling and seeing other countries ( this current time has really bggrd up my latest plans). That programme took me back to inter-railing days ( anyone else done that on here?) long rail journeys, sleeping on station floors, hardly any money, but seeing amazing sights and meeting the best of people.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Race around the World on 09:11 - Apr 28 with 1350 viewsCatullus

Race around the World on 22:48 - Apr 27 by marchamjack

Best programme on tv for me. Love travelling and seeing other countries ( this current time has really bggrd up my latest plans). That programme took me back to inter-railing days ( anyone else done that on here?) long rail journeys, sleeping on station floors, hardly any money, but seeing amazing sights and meeting the best of people.

When I was 25 I inherited 20k, I used it to buy a car, have a few holidays, go out a lot, until it was all gone.
Looking back,I wish I had gotten a rucksack and just gone for it, with 20k I could have gone so far, seen so much.
These days we try to go on holiday every other year and for the most part I want to go to a different place every time.
After we've dealt with Covid there will be more travelling. Maybe I'll become a 60 year old backpacker!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Race around the World on 09:44 - Apr 28 with 1337 viewssquarebear

Reading what I've written below makes me feel like a right old curmudgeon.

I like the programme though all five of this year's couples grated on me. I wish the programme makers focused less on tedious declarations from all the participants every week of "This experience has brought us closer together".

A long time ago I travelled in South America. Brazil was pretty scary until I'd got a tan.
And the endless bloody bus journeys...oh my!

The best bit was seeing that woman who narrowly missed out on £20K sobbing her heart out.
Race around the World on 10:03 - Apr 28 with 1323 viewsFireboy2

Race around the World on 09:11 - Apr 28 by Catullus

When I was 25 I inherited 20k, I used it to buy a car, have a few holidays, go out a lot, until it was all gone.
Looking back,I wish I had gotten a rucksack and just gone for it, with 20k I could have gone so far, seen so much.
These days we try to go on holiday every other year and for the most part I want to go to a different place every time.
After we've dealt with Covid there will be more travelling. Maybe I'll become a 60 year old backpacker!

When I was 25 I managed to save almost 10k as I was planning to go travelling for a year with an ex, we split up and all hell broke lose, I ended up moving into a mates house and blowing it on wine, women and song

I totally regret it now as I wish I had carried on with my plans but like you i try to go away once a year to places you would never likely to go.

Cant wait for this sh!t to finish so I can make plans.
Race around the World on 01:11 - Apr 29 with 1241 viewsdunvantjack100

Absolutely love this programme.

The mrs has applied for us two to be on the next series, without asking me too much beforehand.

Loved what the winners did with their money this series, although I was rooting for the brother and sister!
Race around the World on 08:14 - Apr 29 with 1159 viewspencoedjack

Race around the World on 10:03 - Apr 28 by Fireboy2

When I was 25 I managed to save almost 10k as I was planning to go travelling for a year with an ex, we split up and all hell broke lose, I ended up moving into a mates house and blowing it on wine, women and song

I totally regret it now as I wish I had carried on with my plans but like you i try to go away once a year to places you would never likely to go.

Cant wait for this sh!t to finish so I can make plans.

At least you didn’t waste the money FB

Love this program the previous series was good as well.
Race around the World on 10:01 - Apr 29 with 1127 viewsFireboy2

Race around the World on 08:14 - Apr 29 by pencoedjack

At least you didn’t waste the money FB

Love this program the previous series was good as well.

Ahh the memories

I've never seen any of the previous series PJ but this one was really good to watch.

I'm hoping it is still going in 5 years as I would love to do it with my eldest.

Trouble is he will be bigger than me by then and will batter me if I talk out of turn
Login to get fewer ads

Race around the World on 10:08 - Apr 29 with 1122 viewsCatullus

Race around the World on 09:44 - Apr 28 by squarebear

Reading what I've written below makes me feel like a right old curmudgeon.

I like the programme though all five of this year's couples grated on me. I wish the programme makers focused less on tedious declarations from all the participants every week of "This experience has brought us closer together".

A long time ago I travelled in South America. Brazil was pretty scary until I'd got a tan.
And the endless bloody bus journeys...oh my!

The best bit was seeing that woman who narrowly missed out on £20K sobbing her heart out.

We were happy withthe winners because the others were annoying, specially the brother and sister, what a whiny cow she was and he was a right wimp!

I think the winners deserved it and their act of charity at the end was outstanding.

Race around the World on 07:39 - Apr 30 with 1039 viewspikeypaul

The programme was set up to much for drama at the end of each stage and obviously fixed for tension.
When they went to ilha grande how on earth would the two separate couples know which cove they would have to canoe to? You get to an island and have to make it to the other side but do not know where exactly, never having canoed before you don’t say let’s go get a canoe and we will canoe around and guess which cove we need to get to, which remarkably both did,even the 60 something woman and her halfwit son who then then amazingly lost by 20 seconds to the ones that walked / ran around the Island.
After travelling totally independently choosing own routes and modes of transport for 25,000km the two couples arrive less than a minute apart, don’t think so.

Typically the BBC producers set out to portray each couple in a particular fashion and totally overdone it.

Apart from that the views of the locations were fine and probably have set up some holiday ideas for a lot of us.Colombia looks to have come on leaps and bounds the last 10 years.

OUT

AFLI
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 7:51]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Race around the World on 07:56 - Apr 30 with 1022 viewsjack247

Race around the World on 07:39 - Apr 30 by pikeypaul

The programme was set up to much for drama at the end of each stage and obviously fixed for tension.
When they went to ilha grande how on earth would the two separate couples know which cove they would have to canoe to? You get to an island and have to make it to the other side but do not know where exactly, never having canoed before you don’t say let’s go get a canoe and we will canoe around and guess which cove we need to get to, which remarkably both did,even the 60 something woman and her halfwit son who then then amazingly lost by 20 seconds to the ones that walked / ran around the Island.
After travelling totally independently choosing own routes and modes of transport for 25,000km the two couples arrive less than a minute apart, don’t think so.

Typically the BBC producers set out to portray each couple in a particular fashion and totally overdone it.

Apart from that the views of the locations were fine and probably have set up some holiday ideas for a lot of us.Colombia looks to have come on leaps and bounds the last 10 years.

OUT

AFLI
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 7:51]

I really enjoyed both seasons, but agree it seemed very manipulated. I suppose the lead constantly changing hands and them randomly all meeting at a bus stop or a ferry three days after leaving hours apart makes better tv than one team romping it from the start.

I’ll definitely watch if there’s another series though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024