Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laws of the game Quiz 15:18 - May 3 with 1015 viewsCountyJim

Put these on our forum as well see how you get on no cheating via Google or other mediums mind

1 Team A is awarded a Direct Free Kick (DFK) from outside their penalty area. Team A has a wayward defender take the kick and it goes directly into his own goal. What?s the restart?

2 Just as the attackers takes a shot on goal the ball bursts and rolls to a stop just in front of him. He then kicks the ball into the net whats your call...

3 A player takes a corner kick the ball rebounds from the goal post and the same player kicks the ball into the net what action would you take

4Player Red is throwing in the ball. A Blue defending player yells out ?Over here? deliberatly confusing the thrower. The thrower inadvertantly throws the ball to Blue. What action would you take

5 if a player stops to tie their shoes during a game and the ball hits them when they are not looking. You should

6 A goalkeeper and an attacking player on a fifty /fifty ball collide and slide over the goalline some 10 feet into the area inside the netting between the goal posts. The ball is stopped on the goal line.The attacker attempts to reach his leg out, intending to draw the ball back over the goalline. The keeper scambles over top of the attacker in an attempt to grab the ball pinning the attacker's legs preventing him from doing so. A defender then manages to clear the ball from the area. What is your decision?

7 A goalkeeper is hurt during the course of a shootout and a substitute keeper from the bench is making ready to enter the field. An opposing player makes a snide remark of "Chicken" to the keeper who then strikes the opposing player. What are your options?

8 : A player makes a pass towards his teammate who is in offside position running in the direction of the ball inside the opponents Penalty Area. An opponent reaches out with his hand and deliberately deflects the ball with his hand away from the goal to the player whom the pass was intended. Your action is:

Just for fun let's see your knowledge of the laws of the game

No Google mind :evil:
Laws of the game Quiz on 15:39 - May 3 with 994 viewsHighjack

1. Award corner kick.

2. Drop ball where the ball burst.

3. Free kick to defending team in the place the player touched the ball a second time.

4. No action.

5. Play on.

6. Let VAR sort that clusterf*ck out.

7.Red card for violent conduct to keeper. Must be replaced by outfield player. Yellow card to chicken guy for unsportsmanlike conduct.

8. Yellow for unsportsmanlike conduct. Free kick for offside.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Laws of the game Quiz on 15:59 - May 3 with 982 viewsJack_Kass

1 - Goal. An indirect FK would be a corner

2 - Drop ball, or whatever the equivalent is now

3 Indirect FK for double touch

4 dont think unsporting conduct is strong enough to act here, not like the 'mine' rule

5 Nothing? Unless they are offside or they handle it

6- You would need balls to give it, but a penalty kick.

7 Injured goalkeeper is dismissed for violent conduct. Although not sure you could bring a sub on anyway

8 : Handball, yellow card

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Laws of the game Quiz on 16:09 - May 3 with 970 viewsHighjack

Laws of the game Quiz on 15:59 - May 3 by Jack_Kass

1 - Goal. An indirect FK would be a corner

2 - Drop ball, or whatever the equivalent is now

3 Indirect FK for double touch

4 dont think unsporting conduct is strong enough to act here, not like the 'mine' rule

5 Nothing? Unless they are offside or they handle it

6- You would need balls to give it, but a penalty kick.

7 Injured goalkeeper is dismissed for violent conduct. Although not sure you could bring a sub on anyway

8 : Handball, yellow card

Regarding 1. I remember years ago someone passed the ball back to the keeper from a free kick and it went in and the goal was given because the ref thought it had brushed the keepers foot and there was a lot of debate over whether he touched it or not because if he hadn’t touched it then it should have been a corner and not a goal.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Laws of the game Quiz on 16:15 - May 3 with 960 viewsJack_Kass

Laws of the game Quiz on 16:09 - May 3 by Highjack

Regarding 1. I remember years ago someone passed the ball back to the keeper from a free kick and it went in and the goal was given because the ref thought it had brushed the keepers foot and there was a lot of debate over whether he touched it or not because if he hadn’t touched it then it should have been a corner and not a goal.

Same with Rory Delap and his famous missile throws

Laws of the game Quiz on 16:31 - May 3 with 942 viewstheloneranger

1. Corner kick.

2. Drop on where ball burst.

3. Free kick to defending team from where opposing player touches the ball for a 2nd time.

4. Yellow card to Blue player. Retake throw in for Red team.

5. Carry on.

6. Drop ball on goal line.

7. Red card to goalkeeper, and yellow card to the "chicken" caller.

8. Yellow card for handball, and a free kick for offside.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Laws of the game Quiz on 17:53 - May 3 with 898 viewsJack_Kass

Laws of the game Quiz on 16:31 - May 3 by theloneranger

1. Corner kick.

2. Drop on where ball burst.

3. Free kick to defending team from where opposing player touches the ball for a 2nd time.

4. Yellow card to Blue player. Retake throw in for Red team.

5. Carry on.

6. Drop ball on goal line.

7. Red card to goalkeeper, and yellow card to the "chicken" caller.

8. Yellow card for handball, and a free kick for offside.

8. I don't think you can do that, in that order, if you call offside then the player cannot handball it, because the play is dead.

Likewise if you call handball, then its a direct FK to the opposition, you cannot call Handball and give a freekick to the same team.
[Post edited 3 May 2020 17:54]

Laws of the game Quiz on 10:07 - May 4 with 811 viewsCountyJim

I will put answers up later in week

Thanks for having a go
Laws of the game Quiz on 15:26 - May 4 with 749 viewsmonmouth

Why would a direct free kick be a corner? If you can whang it directly into the opposition net, surely you can plant it into your own net too.

Indirect would be different.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Laws of the game Quiz on 15:44 - May 4 with 741 viewsHighjack

Laws of the game Quiz on 15:26 - May 4 by monmouth

Why would a direct free kick be a corner? If you can whang it directly into the opposition net, surely you can plant it into your own net too.

Indirect would be different.

Indirect free kicks are virtually obsolete now. They only really happen if the keeper handles a back pass.

I’m about 90% sure you can’t score an own goal from a free kick. I might be wrong but my brain is convincing me that I saw it happen once.

Laws of the game Quiz on 15:48 - May 4 with 737 viewsHighjack

Laws of the game Quiz on 17:53 - May 3 by Jack_Kass

8. I don't think you can do that, in that order, if you call offside then the player cannot handball it, because the play is dead.

Likewise if you call handball, then its a direct FK to the opposition, you cannot call Handball and give a freekick to the same team.
[Post edited 3 May 2020 17:54]

I’m not sure. Under the new rules doesn’t the attacking player have to touch it before it can be called offside? Therefore if the player handles the ball and prevents it getting through the foul is committed before the player can be deemed offside?

Flipping hell who would be a ref? I’m going to be more lenient on them in future. Nah bugger that. They’re all dirty cheating c*nts apart from Sianny obviously who is perfect in every way.

Laws of the game Quiz on 16:13 - May 4 with 727 viewsmonmouth

Laws of the game Quiz on 15:48 - May 4 by Highjack

I’m not sure. Under the new rules doesn’t the attacking player have to touch it before it can be called offside? Therefore if the player handles the ball and prevents it getting through the foul is committed before the player can be deemed offside?

Flipping hell who would be a ref? I’m going to be more lenient on them in future. Nah bugger that. They’re all dirty cheating c*nts apart from Sianny obviously who is perfect in every way.

I think you are right. The forward could opt just to let the ball run. I preferred it when offside was offside. Was it Clough that said 'if you're not interfering with play you shouldn't be on the bloody field'

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Laws of the game Quiz on 20:17 - May 4 with 682 viewsSTID2017

1 - kickoff after a goal to team a
2 - goal
3 - free kick to the defending side

4 - free kick to team blue and a booking for the red player
5 -:stop play and restart with drop ball
6 - penalty
7 - -:booking for the opposing player and a sending of for the keeper
8 - offside
[Post edited 4 May 2020 20:21]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Laws of the game Quiz on 21:23 - May 10 with 519 viewsJack_Kass

Jim, we're on tender hooks here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024