Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Little England beyond Wales 17:19 - May 10 with 2991 viewsdickythorpe

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/smouldering-anger-west-wales-secon

Couriers are still delivering suitcases down and supermarkets delivering to obvious second homes....
Little England beyond Wales on 17:28 - May 10 with 2276 viewsjack_lord

I know it is a little out of order but I did chuckle at the bit "send them back where they came from".

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Little England beyond Wales on 17:30 - May 10 with 2268 viewsexiledclaseboy

Poll: Tory leader

Little England beyond Wales on 17:34 - May 10 with 2244 viewsJackinexile1

"The English are not aware of the rules that have been put in place about travelling to second homes." Once people have arrived and settled into their homes, the police have no powers to send them back where they came from."

Little England beyond Wales on 17:37 - May 10 with 2230 viewsdickythorpe

Little England beyond Wales on 17:28 - May 10 by jack_lord

I know it is a little out of order but I did chuckle at the bit "send them back where they came from".

It's embarrassing for the police that they've got to places like Broadhaven.
They've been stoping people regularly just before B&Q roundabout in Carmarthen and puffing their chests out too.
Little England beyond Wales on 18:32 - May 10 with 2153 viewsmajorraglan

Little England beyond Wales on 17:37 - May 10 by dickythorpe

It's embarrassing for the police that they've got to places like Broadhaven.
They've been stoping people regularly just before B&Q roundabout in Carmarthen and puffing their chests out too.

The problem is there are alternative routes and with a sat nav and map it's easy to find them, plus not enough cops to turn them all back.
Little England beyond Wales on 18:43 - May 10 with 2136 viewsdickythorpe

Little England beyond Wales on 18:32 - May 10 by majorraglan

The problem is there are alternative routes and with a sat nav and map it's easy to find them, plus not enough cops to turn them all back.

It's all so well known though these back roads.
Plus the fact supermarkets are taking online deliveries to Pembs addresses that have billing addresses in England and even Scotland.
Little England beyond Wales on 18:45 - May 10 with 2128 viewsmonmouth

Little England beyond Wales on 18:43 - May 10 by dickythorpe

It's all so well known though these back roads.
Plus the fact supermarkets are taking online deliveries to Pembs addresses that have billing addresses in England and even Scotland.

Set them on fire mun. That'll stop it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Little England beyond Wales on 18:53 - May 10 with 2113 viewsdickythorpe

Little England beyond Wales on 18:45 - May 10 by monmouth

It wouldn't surprise me if some of the headers start having a pop.
Login to get fewer ads

Little England beyond Wales (n/t) on 19:20 - May 10 with 2075 viewsMrSwerve

[Post edited 10 May 2020 19:21]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Little England beyond Wales on 19:45 - May 10 with 2035 viewsmonmouth

Little England beyond Wales on 18:53 - May 10 by dickythorpe

It wouldn't surprise me if some of the headers start having a pop.

This is the worry Dick. Someone said the other day people have become the Stasi. It's true. Mind you, you'd have to be pretty damn thick to rock up at a second home at the moment and not consider what that might provoke.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Little England beyond Wales on 20:50 - May 10 with 1972 viewsBillyChong

Hopefully amongst those that will have to return to work in England this week. Cheerio.
Little England beyond Wales on 21:33 - May 10 with 1924 viewsowainglyndwr

Little England beyond Wales on 18:45 - May 10 by monmouth

That how we had S4C after the burning of second homes in Wales and the FWA recieving arms from Ireland .
Thatchers way of getting calm was to offer a Welsh language tv station .
Little England beyond Wales on 21:49 - May 10 with 1901 viewsSwanjaxs

Little England beyond Wales on 17:30 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:59 - May 10 with 1842 viewsjack_lord

Little England beyond Wales on 20:50 - May 10 by BillyChong

Hopefully amongst those that will have to return to work in England this week. Cheerio.

Little England beyond Wales on 23:00 - May 10 with 1841 viewsjack_lord

Little England beyond Wales on 20:50 - May 10 by BillyChong

I was thinking tough decision to make to make for the English - go back home and be able to go out and relax after driving to the beach or stat in my second home with these heathen plebs

Little England beyond Wales on 23:11 - May 10 with 1829 viewslifelong

Missing my little bolt hole in Pembrokeshire, the St David’s area is fantastic.
Little England beyond Wales on 23:27 - May 10 with 1808 viewslondonlisa2001

Little England beyond Wales on 19:45 - May 10 by monmouth

This is the worry Dick. Someone said the other day people have become the Stasi. It's true. Mind you, you'd have to be pretty damn thick to rock up at a second home at the moment and not consider what that might provoke.

If people have genuinely got two homes, and they pay council tax etc in each one, I’m struggling to see why they have to stay in one or the other if they were in the ‘second home‘ before lockdown. Many I know have one they use when schools are not open. Or when they are not in work. So if schools are shut and they’re working remotely, that’s the one they’re in. It’s common for people with, for example, a small flat in a London and a larger home elsewhere.

Someone having a caravan or similar where public services aren’t set up to support them is different.
Little England beyond Wales on 23:35 - May 10 with 1794 viewsjack_lord

Little England beyond Wales on 23:27 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

If people have genuinely got two homes, and they pay council tax etc in each one, I’m struggling to see why they have to stay in one or the other if they were in the ‘second home‘ before lockdown. Many I know have one they use when schools are not open. Or when they are not in work. So if schools are shut and they’re working remotely, that’s the one they’re in. It’s common for people with, for example, a small flat in a London and a larger home elsewhere.

Someone having a caravan or similar where public services aren’t set up to support them is different.

Second homes was an emotive subject in parts of Wales and is an excuse for some folk to be partisan. In the normal world what difference is there in someone having a second home in West Wales, Mumbles or Anglesey compared to someone going on hols is Marbella every August for two weeks.
If they were in the home before lockdown then stay there and don't go back and vice versa.
Don't move around if you don't have to.

Little England beyond Wales on 23:42 - May 10 with 1780 viewslondonlisa2001

Little England beyond Wales on 23:35 - May 10 by jack_lord

Second homes was an emotive subject in parts of Wales and is an excuse for some folk to be partisan. In the normal world what difference is there in someone having a second home in West Wales, Mumbles or Anglesey compared to someone going on hols is Marbella every August for two weeks.
If they were in the home before lockdown then stay there and don't go back and vice versa.
Don't move around if you don't have to.

Don’t move around is the crucial bit.

But if no one had a second home in a part of the country whether it is in Wales, or Cornwall, or Norfolk, and stopped paying council tax for services they only sporadically use, then permanent residents would pay far more.

In London there’s a huge number have homes that also have homes elsewhere. China, US, Russia, France, etc etc. I don’t see the problem with them being here. I do see a problem with the flying back and forth but that’s different.
Little England beyond Wales on 23:52 - May 10 with 1764 viewsjack_lord

Little England beyond Wales on 23:42 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

Don’t move around is the crucial bit.

But if no one had a second home in a part of the country whether it is in Wales, or Cornwall, or Norfolk, and stopped paying council tax for services they only sporadically use, then permanent residents would pay far more.

In London there’s a huge number have homes that also have homes elsewhere. China, US, Russia, France, etc etc. I don’t see the problem with them being here. I do see a problem with the flying back and forth but that’s different.

I agree and while I have sympathy with people who say that they are priced out of their community, you can say that tourists price locals out of their community in other areas.

I had a home in Powys that was left empty for too long and when I went to sell it I was eventually paying something like 1 and a half times the normal council tax rate as no one lived there. That was an attack on second home owners in the county.

Yes back on point though, don't move around.

Little England beyond Wales on 02:33 - May 11 with 1693 viewsJackinexile1

Little England beyond Wales on 23:00 - May 10 by jack_lord

I was thinking tough decision to make to make for the English - go back home and be able to go out and relax after driving to the beach or stat in my second home with these heathen plebs

You think its only English people driving to Pembrokeshire ?
Little England beyond Wales on 06:52 - May 11 with 1625 viewsItchySphincter

Little England beyond Wales on 23:27 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

I agree.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Little England beyond Wales on 07:38 - May 11 with 1593 viewsdickythorpe

https://www.tivysideadvertiser.co.uk/news/18438864.coronavirus-drivers-continue-
Little England beyond Wales on 10:54 - May 11 with 1514 viewsjack_lord

Little England beyond Wales on 02:33 - May 11 by Jackinexile1

You think its only English people driving to Pembrokeshire ?

No, it is what the thread is about.

Little England beyond Wales on 16:13 - May 11 with 1375 viewsJohnw102

Pity the tolls are not still on the bridges, would have been the easy option to turn them round there.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024