Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barry Island 19:56 - Aug 2 with 1677 viewsbritferry

dont the Cardiff biased press just love it, every time the suns out they are there, WOL is the worst, you could swear its the only beach in Wales

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Barry Island on 20:01 - Aug 2 with 1667 viewsonehunglow

I dunno.Seems to have bad press to me.Thosands breaking social distancing,1 hour long queues for feck fish and chips and untold dumping of litter.
Seems a hell hole to me and the last place I'd want to place my naked arse.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Barry Island on 20:20 - Aug 2 with 1642 viewsBillyChong

Glad they do in a way. Keeps the valley mongs unaware of the nicer places down our way.
Barry Island on 20:38 - Aug 2 with 1632 viewspencoedjack

It’s a shitehole.
Barry Island on 20:41 - Aug 2 with 1627 viewsonehunglow

Butlins there was popular though,wasnt it.
It was in 1967 anyway

Think it was the music that attracted as some good bands played there

Barry Island on 20:57 - Aug 2 with 1616 viewsSwanjaxs

Barry Island on 20:41 - Aug 2 by onehunglow

It was in 1967 anyway

Same year when Glasgow Celtic became the first "British" team to win the European Cup 💚🍀🇮🇪

Every player born in/within a 12 mile radius of Celtic Park 👏

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Barry Island on 10:03 - Aug 3 with 1482 viewsonehunglow

Aye Coats for goalposts too,although being from Killay and posh,I put down my mum's beaver for our end.

Barry Island on 11:40 - Aug 3 with 1450 viewsexhmrc1

Barry Island on 20:41 - Aug 2 by onehunglow

It was in 1967 anyway

Butlins closed in Barry Island donkeys years ago. Last time I was there years ago it had been knocked down. I dont know what is there now.
Barry Island on 11:49 - Aug 3 with 1446 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Barry Island on 20:20 - Aug 2 by BillyChong

Glad they do in a way. Keeps the valley mongs unaware of the nicer places down our way.

Please don’t use the word “mongs”.

It’s a vile, despicable term to anyone who has, or anyone who knows or loves someone who has Down’s Syndrome.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Barry Island on 13:14 - Aug 3 with 1414 viewsBarrySwan

Barry Island on 11:40 - Aug 3 by exhmrc1

Butlins closed in Barry Island donkeys years ago. Last time I was there years ago it had been knocked down. I dont know what is there now.

My house actually.

Smack bang on the field where the Donkey derby used to run and 80 yards from and sandwiched between two lovely sandy beaches, stunning sea views, with a great view of the ships leaving the dock gates for those who like myself also enjoy such industrial water borne scenes chucked in as an added bonus. Whether a freighter, the roar of the pilot boat leaving to take the channel pilots out to the waiting ships going up to Cardiff, Newport or the English ports or watching the RNLI Trent class lifeboat head out on a shout.

The view of the sea and islands in the Bristol Channel as soon as I step out of my front door is magnificently different every single day, stormy or calm, whatever the weather and no better area for taking the dog for a run or walk on the grassy headlands or beaches as the mood takes.

Barry Island is brilliant, contrary to an earlier posted opinion above, 3 great beaches, a funfair, great looking revamped seafront and plenty of nice cafes chip shops bars and pubs, the old harbour currently hosting a couple of fishing trawlers, a large sports club featuring football, cricket, bowls and tennis courts plus a handy train station for when you want a pint without taking the car.

A four restaurant development to convert the substantial long disused old block at the former entrance to Butlins by the same firm who I understand have done a similar development at an old cinema or something Oystermouth way is temporarily on hold but supposedly already has a couple of national restaurant chains signed up, hopefully the current scenario will not affect this but who knows.

Trouble and litter and antisocial behaviour just like anywhere else of course is caused by the general breakdown of public behavioural standards by an increasing percentage of the general public following years of lefty liberal relaxation of penalties against such behaviour by. politicians. police and authority in general which is why decent people have to put up with anti social behaviour and gatherings all over Wales and the UK including of course Swansea and the Gower (cue howls of outrage over 'its Gower not the Gower' from the pedantics)

So to sum up, in my opinion Barry Island is great, especially so in the winter when the beaches and seafront are left to the locals, however it is also nice to see the decent well behaved section of the public enjoying themselves in large numbers during the summer also.

[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 13:43]
Barry Island on 18:04 - Aug 3 with 1349 viewsBillyChong

Barry Island on 11:49 - Aug 3 by Joe_bradshaw

Please don’t use the word “mongs”.

It’s a vile, despicable term to anyone who has, or anyone who knows or loves someone who has Down’s Syndrome.

Apologies
Barry Island on 18:12 - Aug 3 with 1343 viewsonehunglow

That shows good grace to apologise.

Well done,mate

Barry Island on 19:24 - Aug 3 with 1317 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Barry Island on 18:04 - Aug 3 by BillyChong

Apologies

Good man.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Barry Island on 15:45 - Aug 5 with 1177 viewsbritferry

oh whats occurring? they're gonna luv this on BBC Cardiff

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8595903/Kate-Middleton-Prince-William

Barry Island on 23:59 - Aug 6 with 1087 viewsBarryTownSwam

Barry Island on 13:14 - Aug 3 by BarrySwan

My house actually.

Smack bang on the field where the Donkey derby used to run and 80 yards from and sandwiched between two lovely sandy beaches, stunning sea views, with a great view of the ships leaving the dock gates for those who like myself also enjoy such industrial water borne scenes chucked in as an added bonus. Whether a freighter, the roar of the pilot boat leaving to take the channel pilots out to the waiting ships going up to Cardiff, Newport or the English ports or watching the RNLI Trent class lifeboat head out on a shout.

The view of the sea and islands in the Bristol Channel as soon as I step out of my front door is magnificently different every single day, stormy or calm, whatever the weather and no better area for taking the dog for a run or walk on the grassy headlands or beaches as the mood takes.

Barry Island is brilliant, contrary to an earlier posted opinion above, 3 great beaches, a funfair, great looking revamped seafront and plenty of nice cafes chip shops bars and pubs, the old harbour currently hosting a couple of fishing trawlers, a large sports club featuring football, cricket, bowls and tennis courts plus a handy train station for when you want a pint without taking the car.

A four restaurant development to convert the substantial long disused old block at the former entrance to Butlins by the same firm who I understand have done a similar development at an old cinema or something Oystermouth way is temporarily on hold but supposedly already has a couple of national restaurant chains signed up, hopefully the current scenario will not affect this but who knows.

Trouble and litter and antisocial behaviour just like anywhere else of course is caused by the general breakdown of public behavioural standards by an increasing percentage of the general public following years of lefty liberal relaxation of penalties against such behaviour by. politicians. police and authority in general which is why decent people have to put up with anti social behaviour and gatherings all over Wales and the UK including of course Swansea and the Gower (cue howls of outrage over 'its Gower not the Gower' from the pedantics)

So to sum up, in my opinion Barry Island is great, especially so in the winter when the beaches and seafront are left to the locals, however it is also nice to see the decent well behaved section of the public enjoying themselves in large numbers during the summer also.

[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 13:43]

Evening Barry Swan, I live on the Waterfront and share your views on how wonderful Barry Island is. As a family man with a teenager and a 9 year old it’s a wonderful place to raise a family. And not just the Island, the western suburbs of the town have some wonderful places like Romily Park & The Knapp & Porthkerry, very much maligned by outsiders but loved by Barrians. Yes, there are a few dickheads in Barry, just like there are in all towns, but the vast majority of the town is welcoming and justly proud of its rich heritage. My 2 lads are football mad and as a dad I cannot speak highly enough of the Barry Town United academy - the standard of coaching and community involvement within the academy is 2nd to none and it’s wonderful to see 500 young adults within the academy system - there are some real gems coming through the age groups, genuinely talented youngsters who will make the grade at Welsh Premier League level or in the professional game. The local water activity centre has also been fabulous to my boys and they are now confident swimmers, canoeists and dingy crew after volunteers donated so many hours of their time to assist youngsters develop confidence, build friendships & canoe/dingy skills out on the water. Plenty for us grown ups to see & do too, some cracking independent traders in High Street, a few decent craft pubs springing up across the town (I recommend The Butterfly Collector pub), and there’s been recent sensible investment in revamping the night time economy to make it Ppeal to older people.
Barry Island on 06:15 - Aug 7 with 1060 viewsepaul

Barry Island on 23:59 - Aug 6 by BarryTownSwam

Evening Barry Swan, I live on the Waterfront and share your views on how wonderful Barry Island is. As a family man with a teenager and a 9 year old it’s a wonderful place to raise a family. And not just the Island, the western suburbs of the town have some wonderful places like Romily Park & The Knapp & Porthkerry, very much maligned by outsiders but loved by Barrians. Yes, there are a few dickheads in Barry, just like there are in all towns, but the vast majority of the town is welcoming and justly proud of its rich heritage. My 2 lads are football mad and as a dad I cannot speak highly enough of the Barry Town United academy - the standard of coaching and community involvement within the academy is 2nd to none and it’s wonderful to see 500 young adults within the academy system - there are some real gems coming through the age groups, genuinely talented youngsters who will make the grade at Welsh Premier League level or in the professional game. The local water activity centre has also been fabulous to my boys and they are now confident swimmers, canoeists and dingy crew after volunteers donated so many hours of their time to assist youngsters develop confidence, build friendships & canoe/dingy skills out on the water. Plenty for us grown ups to see & do too, some cracking independent traders in High Street, a few decent craft pubs springing up across the town (I recommend The Butterfly Collector pub), and there’s been recent sensible investment in revamping the night time economy to make it Ppeal to older people.

Here here, been here 2 years now and love the place, fantastic place to live, so all you people slagging it off get f*******

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Barry Island on 07:52 - Aug 7 with 1044 viewsonehunglow

Yeah,a whole town shouldn't be ritually slagged off cos of a few pissed up d1ckwards or those high as kites

Barry Island on 18:55 - Aug 7 with 994 viewsbritferry

WOL article on today's hot weather... 17.00 there's a big queue at Barry Island train station

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/live-updates-hordes-people-hit-187

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024