| poll on WG on 10:35 - Mar 1 with 1422 views | exhmrc1 |
The poll predictor still shows a Labour victory probably with Plaid support. However what the poll doesnt predict is the effect the Abolish the Assembly party will have. It is just a more extreme version of the Tory party and will takes its voters away especially in Gower. If an abolish the Assembly stands in Gower Labour will win it. If Farage hadnt stood his people down Johnson probably wouldnt have won the last General Election. The situation is likely to improve for Labour as by the election all over 50s who want to will be vaccinated. The figures will probably be very low by then. Schools will be fully open and we are likely to be out of lockdown with things like shops and tourism open. All factors that are likely to improve the Labour vote. |  | |  |
| poll on WG on 10:39 - Mar 1 with 1419 views | Boundy |
| poll on WG on 10:35 - Mar 1 by exhmrc1 | The poll predictor still shows a Labour victory probably with Plaid support. However what the poll doesnt predict is the effect the Abolish the Assembly party will have. It is just a more extreme version of the Tory party and will takes its voters away especially in Gower. If an abolish the Assembly stands in Gower Labour will win it. If Farage hadnt stood his people down Johnson probably wouldnt have won the last General Election. The situation is likely to improve for Labour as by the election all over 50s who want to will be vaccinated. The figures will probably be very low by then. Schools will be fully open and we are likely to be out of lockdown with things like shops and tourism open. All factors that are likely to improve the Labour vote. |
Vote labour if you want to continue watching your country stagnant .But then I suppose an nice job in HMRC for example is isolated from every day struggles and for some that's all that matters . |  |
| "In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master." |
|  |
| poll on WG on 11:38 - Mar 1 with 1404 views | Scotia |
| poll on WG on 10:35 - Mar 1 by exhmrc1 | The poll predictor still shows a Labour victory probably with Plaid support. However what the poll doesnt predict is the effect the Abolish the Assembly party will have. It is just a more extreme version of the Tory party and will takes its voters away especially in Gower. If an abolish the Assembly stands in Gower Labour will win it. If Farage hadnt stood his people down Johnson probably wouldnt have won the last General Election. The situation is likely to improve for Labour as by the election all over 50s who want to will be vaccinated. The figures will probably be very low by then. Schools will be fully open and we are likely to be out of lockdown with things like shops and tourism open. All factors that are likely to improve the Labour vote. |
It shows how difficult much needed political change will be. Drakeford's recent move to maximum devolution is clearly a motive to cosy up to Plaid and their voters for a potential coalition. We are stuck with this scenario for a generation, Gething will follow Drakeford and the incompetence will continue, our only hope is a genuine and well fought leadership contest once Drakeford steps down. I'd quite like to see Eluned Morgan and/or Jeremy miles standing when the time comes. I really don't know who to vote for - I am genuinely considering spoiling my paper. There is nobody worthy of my vote. There will be a degree of recency effect too. As you suggest I fully expect Drakeford to turn the path out of lockdown in to a vote winner. He'd better get on with his roadmap sharpish. |  | |  |
| poll on WG on 11:40 - Mar 1 with 1404 views | exhmrc1 |
| poll on WG on 10:39 - Mar 1 by Boundy | Vote labour if you want to continue watching your country stagnant .But then I suppose an nice job in HMRC for example is isolated from every day struggles and for some that's all that matters . |
The truth is the likes of you and several others like Cat, OHG and Scotia would never vote Labour. Your view isnt shared by the Welsh population. More will vote for Labour or indeed Plaid who have very similar politics than will ever vote Tory in Wales. |  | |  |
| poll on WG on 11:50 - Mar 1 with 1391 views | Scotia |
| poll on WG on 11:40 - Mar 1 by exhmrc1 | The truth is the likes of you and several others like Cat, OHG and Scotia would never vote Labour. Your view isnt shared by the Welsh population. More will vote for Labour or indeed Plaid who have very similar politics than will ever vote Tory in Wales. |
I'd vote for Labour if they were worth voting for. I have previously and will again. I won't vote for my MS, Mike Hedges, or the current leadership team. Nowadays Plaid and Labour are basically the same. There's likely to be more political change in north Korea over the next decade. |  | |  |
| poll on WG on 11:52 - Mar 1 with 1381 views | pikeypaul | That's the problem the clueless sheep will vote Labour since their grandmother s did, regardless of what labour does ,slowly but surely some areas are waking up to how pathetic and clueless they are and how Labour expect their vote whatever. Labour career politicians have total distain for the people they claim to represent and are just wannabe Tories and to aspire to the standard of living the Tories enjoy. The overriding impression one gets when encountering a labour supporter is their bitterness and envy of those who have been successful in live,it's pretty sad really. It's like they think since they have very little to offer and have FA in life it must be somebody else's fault and not their own,this feeling they have tends to snowball and gets worse the older they get and the bitterness and envy increases with them knowing their life is destained for failure and they are not going to be able to get out of it,they get what they deserve. [Post edited 1 Mar 2021 12:05]
|  |
|  |
| poll on WG on 11:54 - Mar 1 with 1380 views | felixstowe_jack |
| poll on WG on 11:50 - Mar 1 by Scotia | I'd vote for Labour if they were worth voting for. I have previously and will again. I won't vote for my MS, Mike Hedges, or the current leadership team. Nowadays Plaid and Labour are basically the same. There's likely to be more political change in north Korea over the next decade. |
Interestingly another recent poll Independence for Wales 14% Abolish the senedd 15% |  |
|  | Login to get fewer ads
| poll on WG on 13:16 - Mar 1 with 1339 views | Catullus |
| poll on WG on 11:40 - Mar 1 by exhmrc1 | The truth is the likes of you and several others like Cat, OHG and Scotia would never vote Labour. Your view isnt shared by the Welsh population. More will vote for Labour or indeed Plaid who have very similar politics than will ever vote Tory in Wales. |
I'd never vote Labour? Ive a voted Labour most of my life, now I'm a floating voter., have been since Blair. Abolish are predicted to get 5 seats, young people might well vote Plaid. Labour could well suffer. Those regions that chose Tory in the last GE might do so again. exHMRC, you can push that agenda all you like but I am not a tory supporter. You label me a ssuch because I don't agree with you, it's been a typical reaction on here since long before you started posting. It's been an "if you're not with me, you're against me" thing. |  |
|  |
| poll on WG on 13:18 - Mar 1 with 1330 views | pencoedjack |
| poll on WG on 11:50 - Mar 1 by Scotia | I'd vote for Labour if they were worth voting for. I have previously and will again. I won't vote for my MS, Mike Hedges, or the current leadership team. Nowadays Plaid and Labour are basically the same. There's likely to be more political change in north Korea over the next decade. |
Same here. I never thought Bridgend would vote Tory but it did in the last election I wouldn’t be surprised to see other areas doing the same in the upcoming elections. |  | |  |
| poll on WG on 14:19 - Mar 1 with 1314 views | Highjack |
| poll on WG on 10:35 - Mar 1 by exhmrc1 | The poll predictor still shows a Labour victory probably with Plaid support. However what the poll doesnt predict is the effect the Abolish the Assembly party will have. It is just a more extreme version of the Tory party and will takes its voters away especially in Gower. If an abolish the Assembly stands in Gower Labour will win it. If Farage hadnt stood his people down Johnson probably wouldnt have won the last General Election. The situation is likely to improve for Labour as by the election all over 50s who want to will be vaccinated. The figures will probably be very low by then. Schools will be fully open and we are likely to be out of lockdown with things like shops and tourism open. All factors that are likely to improve the Labour vote. |
The same mistake was made with UKIP/Brexit party. People wrongly assumed that they would take votes from the Tories but in reality it was disaffected labour voters that gave them the bulk of their vote. The dislike and mistrust of labour is as high as it’s been in my lifetime. They won’t vote Tory or Lib Dem and Plaid are seemingly in a state of permanent hibernation. If there was a disaffection party they’d win by a landslide. |  |
|  |
| poll on WG on 14:21 - Mar 1 with 1312 views | onehunglow |
| poll on WG on 14:19 - Mar 1 by Highjack | The same mistake was made with UKIP/Brexit party. People wrongly assumed that they would take votes from the Tories but in reality it was disaffected labour voters that gave them the bulk of their vote. The dislike and mistrust of labour is as high as it’s been in my lifetime. They won’t vote Tory or Lib Dem and Plaid are seemingly in a state of permanent hibernation. If there was a disaffection party they’d win by a landslide. |
Agree with that. |  |
|  |
| poll on WG on 14:36 - Mar 1 with 1303 views | exhmrc1 |
| poll on WG on 14:21 - Mar 1 by onehunglow | Agree with that. |
Unlikely the poll shows 60% support the Welsh government's handling of the pandemic. It is likely to go up as we slowly come out of lockdown. The plan is all primary schools will be open from 15 March and all schools open from after Easter. Non essential shops will be opened and self contained tourist accommodation is to be open before Easter. The likelyhood is by the end of April there will be very low amounts of the virus and all over 50 will have been vaccinated. All this will increase the numbers supporting Drakeford. This means that 60% of people thought the Welsh Government has handled it well compared to 39% for Westminster |  | |  |
| poll on WG on 14:38 - Mar 1 with 1300 views | Highjack |
| poll on WG on 14:36 - Mar 1 by exhmrc1 | Unlikely the poll shows 60% support the Welsh government's handling of the pandemic. It is likely to go up as we slowly come out of lockdown. The plan is all primary schools will be open from 15 March and all schools open from after Easter. Non essential shops will be opened and self contained tourist accommodation is to be open before Easter. The likelyhood is by the end of April there will be very low amounts of the virus and all over 50 will have been vaccinated. All this will increase the numbers supporting Drakeford. This means that 60% of people thought the Welsh Government has handled it well compared to 39% for Westminster |
That’s compared to Westminster. It’s a bit of a leading question. Not unsurprising when you want the results of a poll to go a certain way. |  |
|  |
| poll on WG on 14:43 - Mar 1 with 1288 views | exhmrc1 |
| poll on WG on 11:38 - Mar 1 by Scotia | It shows how difficult much needed political change will be. Drakeford's recent move to maximum devolution is clearly a motive to cosy up to Plaid and their voters for a potential coalition. We are stuck with this scenario for a generation, Gething will follow Drakeford and the incompetence will continue, our only hope is a genuine and well fought leadership contest once Drakeford steps down. I'd quite like to see Eluned Morgan and/or Jeremy miles standing when the time comes. I really don't know who to vote for - I am genuinely considering spoiling my paper. There is nobody worthy of my vote. There will be a degree of recency effect too. As you suggest I fully expect Drakeford to turn the path out of lockdown in to a vote winner. He'd better get on with his roadmap sharpish. |
As regards your last comment he already has said a number of things. He opened primary schools up to 7 first. There is a plan to open schools further fro 15 March. Dependent on the state of the virus he plans opening non essential shops. He plans opening self contained tourist accommodation by easter. He has allowed wedding venues to take small weddings. More people have been allowed to meet outdoors. There is a plan of what is opening. Other areas like hospitality and gyms which you support will be looked at later dependant on the state of the virus. He hasn't been foolish enough to suggest what will open months ahead when he doesnt know what the position will be. He didnt foolishly announce that the virus would be gone by Christmas as the figures were rising |  | |  |
| poll on WG on 14:47 - Mar 1 with 1284 views | Boundy |
| poll on WG on 11:40 - Mar 1 by exhmrc1 | The truth is the likes of you and several others like Cat, OHG and Scotia would never vote Labour. Your view isnt shared by the Welsh population. More will vote for Labour or indeed Plaid who have very similar politics than will ever vote Tory in Wales. |
You know know nothing about me other than my opinion differs from yours .Just to be clear I've never voted tory in my life but that may change if it means we get rid of this lot of shysters. Please defend why Wales under a Labour administration has suffered decades of misadministration , why according to the Pisa results Wales’ schools system has been ranked the worst in the UK for the fifth time running in the international Pisa tests published in 2019 ? ( the next results are due out this year) Why are we consistently bottom of the regional gross value added (GVA) league , why yet again the Se East corner of Wales benefits the most from investment job creation and opportunities whilst the rest of us regress . |  |
| "In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master." |
|  |
| poll on WG on 14:51 - Mar 1 with 1280 views | LittleEnglandJack | It never ceases to amaze me that a third of my countrymen can look at Mark Drakeford and the Welsh Government and say- "Now there's a strong, capable leader at the heart of a competent government. More of the same please" I know we're not exactly spoilt for choice with the calibre of politician in the Senedd, but surely we can do better as a nation than Drakeford and his clueless cronies? Christ, I'm a right of centre Unionist but would rather see Plaid form (an unlikely) government than have that lot get in AGAIN. At least then we might see the Welsh Government acknowledge that Wales consists of more than Cardiff and the South East. |  | |  |
| poll on WG on 14:55 - Mar 1 with 1277 views | onehunglow |
| poll on WG on 14:47 - Mar 1 by Boundy | You know know nothing about me other than my opinion differs from yours .Just to be clear I've never voted tory in my life but that may change if it means we get rid of this lot of shysters. Please defend why Wales under a Labour administration has suffered decades of misadministration , why according to the Pisa results Wales’ schools system has been ranked the worst in the UK for the fifth time running in the international Pisa tests published in 2019 ? ( the next results are due out this year) Why are we consistently bottom of the regional gross value added (GVA) league , why yet again the Se East corner of Wales benefits the most from investment job creation and opportunities whilst the rest of us regress . |
Taxy also know the square root of nowt as regards my humble self. I surprise myself as much as others. |  |
|  |
| poll on WG on 15:12 - Mar 1 with 1268 views | Scotia |
| poll on WG on 14:43 - Mar 1 by exhmrc1 | As regards your last comment he already has said a number of things. He opened primary schools up to 7 first. There is a plan to open schools further fro 15 March. Dependent on the state of the virus he plans opening non essential shops. He plans opening self contained tourist accommodation by easter. He has allowed wedding venues to take small weddings. More people have been allowed to meet outdoors. There is a plan of what is opening. Other areas like hospitality and gyms which you support will be looked at later dependant on the state of the virus. He hasn't been foolish enough to suggest what will open months ahead when he doesnt know what the position will be. He didnt foolishly announce that the virus would be gone by Christmas as the figures were rising |
And you think that is a suitable plan to get out of lockdown? It is basically we may do a couple of things over the next 6 weeks. But maybe we won't? It's barely a plan at all. There is a plan of what is opening you say? Well I want to see it, not because I'm special, but like many other people I have a life to lead and would like something to look forward to. I also need to plan my life as others do. I'm a big boy now, I can handle a bit of disappointment if things have to change. This uncertainty is helping nobody and is harming safe businesses. Take tourism for instance. In England there is a good chance most things will be open by the Whitsun school holidays we don't know when things will open in Wales. If you were looking for somewhere to book a holiday where would you book? Cornwall or Pembrokeshire? I know where I'd be spending my money, and that's not because I don't want to spend money in Wales. I do. But Drakeford has given no indication that I can. |  | |  |
| poll on WG on 15:22 - Mar 1 with 1256 views | onehunglow |
| poll on WG on 15:12 - Mar 1 by Scotia | And you think that is a suitable plan to get out of lockdown? It is basically we may do a couple of things over the next 6 weeks. But maybe we won't? It's barely a plan at all. There is a plan of what is opening you say? Well I want to see it, not because I'm special, but like many other people I have a life to lead and would like something to look forward to. I also need to plan my life as others do. I'm a big boy now, I can handle a bit of disappointment if things have to change. This uncertainty is helping nobody and is harming safe businesses. Take tourism for instance. In England there is a good chance most things will be open by the Whitsun school holidays we don't know when things will open in Wales. If you were looking for somewhere to book a holiday where would you book? Cornwall or Pembrokeshire? I know where I'd be spending my money, and that's not because I don't want to spend money in Wales. I do. But Drakeford has given no indication that I can. |
I was for an all out brutal lockdown.It came too late as did ,most unforgivably,not policing it all. I would also have had a 6pm curfew. Anyway,yet I think we can look forward to brighter times and we need to embrace that as a country so long as we do not act like jerks. We need to understand that. We need businesses now to open up and alo have vax certs prioritied to get crowd back into stadia. What we don't want is more party politics. |  |
|  |
| poll on WG on 15:24 - Mar 1 with 1255 views | exhmrc1 |
| poll on WG on 15:12 - Mar 1 by Scotia | And you think that is a suitable plan to get out of lockdown? It is basically we may do a couple of things over the next 6 weeks. But maybe we won't? It's barely a plan at all. There is a plan of what is opening you say? Well I want to see it, not because I'm special, but like many other people I have a life to lead and would like something to look forward to. I also need to plan my life as others do. I'm a big boy now, I can handle a bit of disappointment if things have to change. This uncertainty is helping nobody and is harming safe businesses. Take tourism for instance. In England there is a good chance most things will be open by the Whitsun school holidays we don't know when things will open in Wales. If you were looking for somewhere to book a holiday where would you book? Cornwall or Pembrokeshire? I know where I'd be spending my money, and that's not because I don't want to spend money in Wales. I do. But Drakeford has given no indication that I can. |
Drakeford has given an indication that he intends having self contained tourism open by Easter but like everything else it is dependent on the virus. No doubt there will be fuller details next week along with what date non essential shops will open. |  | |  |
| poll on WG on 16:10 - Mar 1 with 1232 views | pencoedjack |
| poll on WG on 15:12 - Mar 1 by Scotia | And you think that is a suitable plan to get out of lockdown? It is basically we may do a couple of things over the next 6 weeks. But maybe we won't? It's barely a plan at all. There is a plan of what is opening you say? Well I want to see it, not because I'm special, but like many other people I have a life to lead and would like something to look forward to. I also need to plan my life as others do. I'm a big boy now, I can handle a bit of disappointment if things have to change. This uncertainty is helping nobody and is harming safe businesses. Take tourism for instance. In England there is a good chance most things will be open by the Whitsun school holidays we don't know when things will open in Wales. If you were looking for somewhere to book a holiday where would you book? Cornwall or Pembrokeshire? I know where I'd be spending my money, and that's not because I don't want to spend money in Wales. I do. But Drakeford has given no indication that I can. |
Besides this ....... Longest waiting lists for elective surgery in the UK Worst education system in the UK No forward thinking on attracting business into South Wales with a M4 relief road Money not fairly spread around Wales & the thought of Gething taking over from Drippy. |  | |  |
| poll on WG on 17:13 - Mar 1 with 1212 views | Highjack |
| poll on WG on 13:18 - Mar 1 by pencoedjack | Same here. I never thought Bridgend would vote Tory but it did in the last election I wouldn’t be surprised to see other areas doing the same in the upcoming elections. |
It was only twenty odd years ago labour were getting 75% of the vote in Neath. Peter Hain had a majority of around 25000 at one point. That majority is down to around 5000 at the last election. Still a good majority but it’s a seat that would be amongst the last to fall in a labour collapse. It shows a trend that reflects a lot of the country. If people are drifting away from labour in Neath of all places then alarm bells should be ringing in party HQ. |  |
|  |
| poll on WG on 17:40 - Mar 1 with 1188 views | Boundy |
| poll on WG on 15:24 - Mar 1 by exhmrc1 | Drakeford has given an indication that he intends having self contained tourism open by Easter but like everything else it is dependent on the virus. No doubt there will be fuller details next week along with what date non essential shops will open. |
Would you care to answer my questions about labours calamitous ( although I believe planned) governance of my country , education, prosperity, growth , investment .health , pick anyone topic and explain to us all why we're at the bottom of virtually ever league table , and then why a vote for labour is a good vote. |  |
| "In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master." |
|  |
| poll on WG on 17:44 - Mar 1 with 1184 views | pencoedjack |
| poll on WG on 17:40 - Mar 1 by Boundy | Would you care to answer my questions about labours calamitous ( although I believe planned) governance of my country , education, prosperity, growth , investment .health , pick anyone topic and explain to us all why we're at the bottom of virtually ever league table , and then why a vote for labour is a good vote. |
He won’t he’s one of the sheep who will vote for labour no matter what. |  | |  |
| |