Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking ahead to the playoffs 23:14 - Apr 13 with 1267 viewsDr_Parnassus

Now that is looking our most likely end of season destination for the second season running (very good achievement), who are you wanting to face?

Logic tells me our most likely path to success would be to avoid Brentford and Bournemouth in the 2 legs, allowing them to fight among themselves and take on the weaker side in Barnsley or Reading.

Which if we succeed; gives us 90mins less playing time against teams we have struggled against (0 wins in last 9 vs Bournemouth, 1 win in last 6 vs Brentford).

While Reading and especially Barnsley won’t prove easy tasks, I think that will be our most likely successful path. We have already beaten Barnsley twice this season and historically do well against them (unbeaten in 14 previous meetings) and we also historically do well vs Reading (surprising to see we also haven’t lost to them in our last 14 meetings!)

Between Reading and Barnsley combined, we haven’t lost a game in the last 28 meetings. Incredible stat.

[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 23:59]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Looking ahead to the playoffs on 23:40 - Apr 13 with 1231 viewscockneyswan

Play offs are a complete lottery, Barnsley are a form team as are all top 6, but I do fancy our chances in a mini tournament with S C in charge, he has shown in the cups with us and England u18 he has the nouse.
Looking ahead to the playoffs on 23:53 - Apr 13 with 1221 viewsAndyCole

And beyond the wildest dreams of our harshest passive followers.

Barnsley is the sneaky one to watch, and we've done them 2-0 twice, with less possession. So, with Cooperball's highly efficient, effective, entertaining brand, totally confident we can do them again.

Muff is the one to avoid, comprehensively better than us to date, however with our Players' new found belief, under Cooper's clever leadership we can take the game to their weak-point, their defence, and beat them too. Cooperball to prevail.

With Cooperball we've most recently had the better of both Norwich and Watford. We have to fancy our chances against all-comers.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Looking ahead to the playoffs on 23:54 - Apr 13 with 1219 viewsDr_Parnassus

Looking ahead to the playoffs on 23:40 - Apr 13 by cockneyswan

Play offs are a complete lottery, Barnsley are a form team as are all top 6, but I do fancy our chances in a mini tournament with S C in charge, he has shown in the cups with us and England u18 he has the nouse.

Very good point regarding it being a mini tournament.

A lottery is what a lot of people think but I personally don’t subscribe to that notion as much.

As you say It’s a short form tournament essentially, the shorter the form the more odd results you can get for sure. But still, the better teams tend to win them more often than the worse ones. In the championship:-

3rd place gets promoted 37% of the time
4th place gets promoted 18.5% of the time
5th place gets promoted 25.9% of the time
6th place gets promoted 18.5% of the time

This is a similar trend in all the football league.

So while it does feel fairly random, there is clearly a trend that the best team in the four has a higher chance of winning it, often double the chance of the individual teams below.

Looking ahead to the playoffs on 07:30 - Apr 14 with 1109 viewssP7qupUf

As far as I'm concerned we need to be going into it in good form. That is the most important thing to me. Form builds confidence.
Looking ahead to the playoffs on 09:29 - Apr 14 with 1058 viewsbuilthjack

Attitude, Attitude, Attitude. That is what is needed in every game.
No slacking, no laziness. If we do that then we can beat anybody.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Looking ahead to the playoffs on 09:45 - Apr 14 with 1039 viewsjack247

If we continue to play as we did against Milwall and Wednesday, we are the team everyone wants to avoid and we can go into the playoffs with a degree of confidence.

Taking us out of the equation, Bournemouth are the team to avoid for me, closely followed by Brentford. Likelihood is, Reading won’t make it so we’ll have to beat one or both of them to go up. I’d absolutely rather Barnsley, no disrespect but I think they may be punching slightly with this run of form.

I love the way we are playing now, only concern is we almost have to be leading by the time Routledge tires and we revert to a more defensive setup.
Looking ahead to the playoffs on 09:45 - Apr 14 with 1039 viewsraynor94

Didn't we do the double over Barnsley the year we lost to them in the final

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Looking ahead to the playoffs on 10:29 - Apr 14 with 1023 viewsChief

My only concern as perverse as it may sound is have we peaked too early? We've now won 2 in a row with 5 to go, plus 3 more after that, which are the 3 we really need to perform in.

Law of averages says our levels will dip at some point in the next 8 games and probably not win them all. Would probably been better to start performing again we 2 or 3 game remaining of the regular season.

But you can't legislate for these things. Hopefully the odd loss in the next 5 won't rock us too much going into the important 3 play off games.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Login to get fewer ads

Looking ahead to the playoffs on 12:25 - Apr 14 with 981 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Looking ahead to the playoffs on 09:29 - Apr 14 by builthjack

Attitude, Attitude, Attitude. That is what is needed in every game.
No slacking, no laziness. If we do that then we can beat anybody.

Attitude comes from confidence, which we seem to be getting back, especially Lowe.
Let's hope he can keep it going.
Looking ahead to the playoffs on 12:32 - Apr 14 with 963 viewsonehunglow

Looking ahead to the playoffs on 12:25 - Apr 14 by A_Fans_Dad

Attitude comes from confidence, which we seem to be getting back, especially Lowe.
Let's hope he can keep it going.

Now is the time to regret the empty stadiums and how fook dumb people have been in spreading the virus.

This could be an incredible climax to the season. I would pray it is.

We are in the hands of Steve and the players

Oddly enough,I would confident of us in play off final.Ayew final game .He would want to leave in a glory trail .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Looking ahead to the playoffs on 19:34 - Apr 14 with 888 viewsthornabyswan

Looking ahead to the playoffs on 23:54 - Apr 13 by Dr_Parnassus

Very good point regarding it being a mini tournament.

A lottery is what a lot of people think but I personally don’t subscribe to that notion as much.

As you say It’s a short form tournament essentially, the shorter the form the more odd results you can get for sure. But still, the better teams tend to win them more often than the worse ones. In the championship:-

3rd place gets promoted 37% of the time
4th place gets promoted 18.5% of the time
5th place gets promoted 25.9% of the time
6th place gets promoted 18.5% of the time

This is a similar trend in all the football league.

So while it does feel fairly random, there is clearly a trend that the best team in the four has a higher chance of winning it, often double the chance of the individual teams below.

Yes fair point but on points per game we are currently 3rd in the league.

But if football was played on statistics we would be mid table.

Is that credit to Cooper or not

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Looking ahead to the playoffs on 08:07 - Apr 15 with 797 viewsRonaldStump

Looking ahead to the playoffs on 09:45 - Apr 14 by raynor94

We also did the double over Northampton the year they beat us in the final.

Lets not play a team we've done the double over in a final.

Brentford would be interesting and think how good it would be to beat them

(He She Him)

Looking ahead to the playoffs on 08:16 - Apr 15 with 784 viewsDr_Parnassus

Looking ahead to the playoffs on 08:07 - Apr 15 by RonaldStump

We also did the double over Northampton the year they beat us in the final.

Lets not play a team we've done the double over in a final.

Brentford would be interesting and think how good it would be to beat them

We also did the double over Reading....

Looking ahead to the playoffs on 10:03 - Apr 15 with 743 viewsBoundy

Looking ahead to the playoffs on 09:45 - Apr 14 by raynor94

No we beat them at home and drew away

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Looking ahead to the playoffs on 02:14 - Apr 21 with 576 viewsRonaldStump

Looking ahead to the playoffs on 10:03 - Apr 15 by Boundy

No we beat them at home and drew away

We did do the double over reading that season winning both games 1-0

(He She Him)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising