Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Woods 15:46 - Jun 10 with 2064 viewsReslovenSwan1

Three years ago Ryan Woods was the new Joey Allen, 24 , a class above young gun Matt Grimes, and Swansea and Potter a "must have". He was playing well in a fluent Brentford side. They wanted £6m and Stoke out bid Swansea by doubling their £3m offer?

Now Woods is 27 . Now he is available for possibly £1-2m at cash strapped Stoke. They do not want him. He played 46 games last season for Millwall.

So football experts. Is he a different much worse player or after another 150 games is he reaching his peak and a better all around player? If we wanted him in 2018 why is he not suitable now as a replacement for £8m Grimes. He is the same £6m of 2018 but 3 years more experienced needing a reset. No signs of physical deterioration and injuries.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 15:47]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Ryan Woods on 15:55 - Jun 10 with 2024 viewsmagicdaps10

Is he not a free agent this summer?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Ryan Woods on 16:10 - Jun 10 with 2001 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ryan Woods on 15:55 - Jun 10 by magicdaps10

I think he may have a year left. Stoke appear to have no plans for him and there was some talk of another loan at Millwall which in effect would be free transfer. I would imagine if they could get any sort of fee they would accept it. Have his performances fallen off a cliff or is he playing for the wrong sort of teams.?

Wise sage since Toshack era

Ryan Woods on 20:54 - Jun 10 with 1730 viewsKilkennyjack

Yes get him.

Beware of the Risen People

Ryan Woods on 21:16 - Jun 10 with 1716 viewsmajorraglan

You are on the money. According to Transfermarkt he is a free agent at the end of this month.
Ryan Woods on 21:31 - Jun 10 with 1693 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Would take him, we are looking weak in midfield.

A midfielder who has always stood out to me at this level is Barry Bannan, a true playmaker.
Getting on now though.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Ryan Woods on 21:44 - Jun 10 with 1654 viewsFireboy2

Ryan Woods on 21:31 - Jun 10 by Ajack_Kerouac

Would take him, we are looking weak in midfield.

A midfielder who has always stood out to me at this level is Barry Bannan, a true playmaker.
Getting on now though.

He would be a decent signing, his experience would be vital.
Ryan Woods on 21:48 - Jun 10 with 1645 viewsjasper_T

No, contract runs until next summer.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-millwall-ryan
Ryan Woods on 23:31 - Jun 10 with 1556 viewsBillyChong

A move to stoke ruins any midfielder of that type
Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Woods on 23:41 - Jun 10 with 1546 viewsKeithHaynes

Get him on a free, put him on 6k a week and bonuses if he puts the effort in. 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ryan Woods on 07:46 - Jun 12 with 1245 viewsangryjack

Ryan Woods on 23:31 - Jun 10 by BillyChong

A move to stoke ruins any midfielder of that type

Just as cooper would,there a reason potter wanted him as potter played with movement and pace
Ryan Woods on 19:46 - Jun 23 with 893 views34dfgdf54

Signed for Birmingham
Ryan Woods on 20:00 - Jun 23 with 847 viewsDr_Winston

Given all the palaver and drama about us not being prepared to match Stoke's offer it's hard not to see it as a bullet dodged. Much like Max Watters.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ryan Woods on 20:22 - Jun 23 with 818 views34dfgdf54

Ryan Woods on 20:00 - Jun 23 by Dr_Winston

Given all the palaver and drama about us not being prepared to match Stoke's offer it's hard not to see it as a bullet dodged. Much like Max Watters.

Max Watters yes but I think differently regarding Woods, if he got the move here when it was touted I believe his career would have been on a completely different trajectory now. The fee was always unrealistic though unfortunately.
Ryan Woods on 20:26 - Jun 23 with 815 viewsDr_Winston

Ryan Woods on 20:22 - Jun 23 by 34dfgdf54

Max Watters yes but I think differently regarding Woods, if he got the move here when it was touted I believe his career would have been on a completely different trajectory now. The fee was always unrealistic though unfortunately.

He'd probably have done better for us than he did for Stoke I'll admit, but £6m was always a ridiculous price, even if a lot of people seemed to think he was worth it and we were stupid not to pay.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ryan Woods on 20:31 - Jun 23 with 808 viewsjasper_T

Ryan Woods on 20:26 - Jun 23 by Dr_Winston

He'd probably have done better for us than he did for Stoke I'll admit, but £6m was always a ridiculous price, even if a lot of people seemed to think he was worth it and we were stupid not to pay.

Over £6m for a player who never had a season as good as Grimes has been having for the last 3, and would have played in Grimes position unless he flopped terribly.

Walking away was clearly the right choice. Even if it didn't seem an outrageous amount on money at the time (which it did) we ended up showing faith in a better player.
Ryan Woods on 21:14 - Jun 23 with 751 viewsAndyCole

Ryan Woods on 20:31 - Jun 23 by jasper_T

Over £6m for a player who never had a season as good as Grimes has been having for the last 3, and would have played in Grimes position unless he flopped terribly.

Walking away was clearly the right choice. Even if it didn't seem an outrageous amount on money at the time (which it did) we ended up showing faith in a better player.

Absolutely this. Grimes is ridiculously under appreciated by some. Would far rather a Grimes-Fulton midfield than shoe-horning a one dimensional terrier, displacing one of our prized assets and jeopardising our balance.

VFM, would prefer Smith.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Ryan Woods on 21:35 - Jun 23 with 736 viewsThornburyswan

Ryan Woods on 21:14 - Jun 23 by AndyCole

Absolutely this. Grimes is ridiculously under appreciated by some. Would far rather a Grimes-Fulton midfield than shoe-horning a one dimensional terrier, displacing one of our prized assets and jeopardising our balance.

VFM, would prefer Smith.

I’m fine with the Grimes-Fulton axis provided we add a goal scoring/creating third otherwise it heaps too much pressure on our strikers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024