Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The desire to blame for football tragedies 20:34 - May 26 with 1133 viewsKeithHaynes

They go back years, Ibrox, Bradford, Sheffield, Heysel, is this a British thing to look for scapegoats ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The desire to blame for football tragedies on 20:44 - May 26 with 1101 viewsonehunglow

It' s British disease and if I may say so,without being a brown noser, one of your finest points.

WE really should be debating this.

I believe it to be the result of a wholescale, systematic ,country wide guilt that has been imbued into us from mother's breast. We are crippled inside (sorry John).

Anything of a salacious nature is manna to us.

The French view us as repressed and they have a point.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The desire to blame for football tragedies on 20:46 - May 26 with 1103 viewsKeithHaynes

The desire to blame for football tragedies on 20:44 - May 26 by onehunglow

It' s British disease and if I may say so,without being a brown noser, one of your finest points.

WE really should be debating this.

I believe it to be the result of a wholescale, systematic ,country wide guilt that has been imbued into us from mother's breast. We are crippled inside (sorry John).

Anything of a salacious nature is manna to us.

The French view us as repressed and they have a point.

We can always debate without hate 👍

The desire to blame for football tragedies on 20:49 - May 26 with 1099 viewstrampie

It's the establishment, money and power buys justice, the little people or people that are seen by the state to be a danger to the powers that be rarely get justice.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The desire to blame for football tragedies on 21:51 - May 26 with 1074 viewsCatullus

The desire to blame for football tragedies on 20:49 - May 26 by trampie

It's the establishment, money and power buys justice, the little people or people that are seen by the state to be a danger to the powers that be rarely get justice.

I don't think it's the little people being a danger, it's more the establishment just has to have the penny and the bun. They do things and when they are caught out they help each other out to subvert justice.

Actually when I say establishment, it's not always, it's often enough just rich people who have friends in high places. Rich people get treated better than poor people most of the time, sometimes a rich person/establishment goon gets hung out to dry, scapegoated. Like with the MP's and their expenses, most were guilty but only a few went to prison.

How do you change a system where the corrupt are in charge and to make it fair the corrupt will have to vote for it. You can't. The MP's will never vote for any meaningful changes, self preservation is their first thought.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The desire to blame for football tragedies on 21:53 - May 26 with 1070 viewsCatullus

I think it's human nature to want someone to blame. We all need to have a focus for our sadness or hatred.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The desire to blame for football tragedies on 22:24 - May 26 with 1045 viewsonehunglow

The desire to blame for football tragedies on 20:46 - May 26 by KeithHaynes

We can always debate without hate 👍

I love that.

The desire to blame for football tragedies on 22:41 - May 26 with 1036 viewsBadlands

No desire to blame for Hillsborough ... a desire to see those who did wrong brought to book.
This judgement should be overturned just on recorded and accepted evidence that police logs were altered.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The desire to blame for football tragedies on 06:39 - May 27 with 987 viewsKilkennyjack

With respect, thats the wrong way to look at it Keith.
And its rightly a global matter.

Firstly there is an obvious need to learn the truth.
Lessons can be learned and measures then taken to stop repeats, so we all are safer than we were.
Think all seater stadiums.

Secondly if during the above investigation then there are institutional and/or individual failings then that has to be called out. With responsibility comes accountability.

Of course all this should be dealt with promptly.
The innocent victims and their families deserve that closure. They have a need to know..

Nobody should think they are above this, and that itself will deliver better safety outcomes.

There is no downside to this.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

The desire to blame for football tragedies on 07:03 - May 27 with 979 viewsbuilthjack

The seats we sit in when at Goodison Park, are wooden. Old wood, dry as hell.
If a fire broke out Everton FC would surely be condemned.
Why spend multi millions on players and put people in danger ?
It's a lovely old stadium but come on.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The desire to blame for football tragedies on 09:20 - May 27 with 915 viewstrampie

There should be no hierarchy of justice, Post Office, Hillsborough, Birmingham 6, Guilford 4 it's all shocking, Wales needs to breakaway from all this sleaze and corruption.
[Post edited 27 May 2021 9:23]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The desire to blame for football tragedies on 09:26 - May 27 with 904 viewsraynor94

The desire to blame for football tragedies on 09:20 - May 27 by trampie

There should be no hierarchy of justice, Post Office, Hillsborough, Birmingham 6, Guilford 4 it's all shocking, Wales needs to breakaway from all this sleaze and corruption.

Every post you make is the same xenophobic claptrap on both boards.

You need to take a break.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The desire to blame for football tragedies on 09:50 - May 27 with 888 viewsKeithHaynes

Football Football Football 👍

The desire to blame for football tragedies on 09:55 - May 27 with 875 viewsKeithHaynes

The desire to blame for football tragedies on 06:39 - May 27 by Kilkennyjack

With respect, thats the wrong way to look at it Keith.
And its rightly a global matter.

Firstly there is an obvious need to learn the truth.
Lessons can be learned and measures then taken to stop repeats, so we all are safer than we were.
Think all seater stadiums.

Secondly if during the above investigation then there are institutional and/or individual failings then that has to be called out. With responsibility comes accountability.

Of course all this should be dealt with promptly.
The innocent victims and their families deserve that closure. They have a need to know..

Nobody should think they are above this, and that itself will deliver better safety outcomes.

There is no downside to this.

Just posing the question 👍

The desire to blame for football tragedies on 10:52 - May 27 with 846 viewsonehunglow

The desire to blame for football tragedies on 09:26 - May 27 by raynor94

Every post you make is the same xenophobic claptrap on both boards.

You need to take a break.

So now human tragedies are fair game for Indys to spout their crepe.

Wales is nothing like nirvana

Fact

The desire to blame for football tragedies on 23:14 - May 27 with 772 viewsKilkennyjack

The desire to blame for football tragedies on 10:52 - May 27 by onehunglow

So now human tragedies are fair game for Indys to spout their crepe.

Wales is nothing like nirvana

Fact

You live in England OHL.

Trampie is allowed to comment.

Beware of the Risen People

The desire to blame for football tragedies on 19:14 - May 28 with 705 viewsSTID2017

The desire to blame for football tragedies on 09:20 - May 27 by trampie

When I remember as a young teenager being pushed down the terraces at the Vetch by the hooligans led by Buller and Co, I have always thought it was a tragedy waiting to happen.
Same at Cardiff when we played Palace.
Could easily have been a tragedy when the gates were opened and the fans surged in.
Could just as easily have been our tragedy recorded and the English papers blaming Welsh hooligans.
Would the Welsh courts have convicted SWP hierarchy in a similar circumstance ?
Tragedy is tragedy no matter who is involved
[Post edited 28 May 2021 19:16]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The desire to blame for football tragedies on 23:43 - May 28 with 661 viewsKeithHaynes

The desire to blame for football tragedies on 19:14 - May 28 by STID2017

When I remember as a young teenager being pushed down the terraces at the Vetch by the hooligans led by Buller and Co, I have always thought it was a tragedy waiting to happen.
Same at Cardiff when we played Palace.
Could easily have been a tragedy when the gates were opened and the fans surged in.
Could just as easily have been our tragedy recorded and the English papers blaming Welsh hooligans.
Would the Welsh courts have convicted SWP hierarchy in a similar circumstance ?
Tragedy is tragedy no matter who is involved
[Post edited 28 May 2021 19:16]

For that I have to apologise 😉

The desire to blame for football tragedies on 12:50 - May 29 with 615 viewsmax936

The desire to blame for football tragedies on 21:51 - May 26 by Catullus

I don't think it's the little people being a danger, it's more the establishment just has to have the penny and the bun. They do things and when they are caught out they help each other out to subvert justice.

Actually when I say establishment, it's not always, it's often enough just rich people who have friends in high places. Rich people get treated better than poor people most of the time, sometimes a rich person/establishment goon gets hung out to dry, scapegoated. Like with the MP's and their expenses, most were guilty but only a few went to prison.

How do you change a system where the corrupt are in charge and to make it fair the corrupt will have to vote for it. You can't. The MP's will never vote for any meaningful changes, self preservation is their first thought.

Brilliant Post again Cat.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The desire to blame for football tragedies on 13:05 - May 29 with 605 viewsmajorraglan

The desire to blame for football tragedies on 21:51 - May 26 by Catullus

Indeed.

Politicians appoint toothless regulators/their chums and when they don't like what's been said they just ignore it. Boris and the current shower (all parties) are pulling all sorts of strokes.

There's not many politicians of integrity these days, as far as I can see its even worse the other side of the pond and places like Belarus, Zimbabwe etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024