Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned 22:53 - Jun 7 with 1981 viewstrampie

Nation.Cymru (@NationCymru) Tweeted: 'Protest singing is at the heart of the Welsh culture - a culture that @S4C is supposed to reflect' https://t.co/wizfq6nSRl

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 23:11 - Jun 7 with 1743 viewstrampie

Dr E 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 ⭐️ #Autism #Carer #Math C++ (@draevans) Tweeted: Worth a listen if you are progressive

The Barry Horns - Cymru Rydd https://t.co/NmU43tYRaj

Interesting video, a burning match

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 23:44 - Jun 7 with 1725 viewsReslovenSwan1

Not banned on Swansea Independant. Wonder of the internet.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 00:19 - Jun 8 with 1707 viewsKeithHaynes

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 23:11 - Jun 7 by trampie

Dr E 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 ⭐️ #Autism #Carer #Math C++ (@draevans) Tweeted: Worth a listen if you are progressive

The Barry Horns - Cymru Rydd https://t.co/NmU43tYRaj

Interesting video, a burning match

Have another listen on me 😂 Banned ! What a joke.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 10:55 - Jun 8 with 1568 viewsCatullus

Why do Welsh Nats always claim to be progressive? To people of different beliefs it isn't progressive to want something that is bad for you.

If the Nats re right and thry are progressive then the vast majority of the Welsh population are regressive, I don't think that's true.

I think it makes quite a statement if S4C are refusing to air this song. I hadn't even heard of it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 10:58 - Jun 8 with 1566 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Why was it banned?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 13:07 - Jun 8 with 1505 viewstrampie

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 10:58 - Jun 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Why was it banned?

Deemed political.

Here is the instrumental version with no lyrics :-
The Barry Horns (@thebarryhorns) Tweeted: Here’s last night’s now infamous lyrically censored instrumental tv performance of Cymru Rydd. Once again, I’m clad in black, proving there’s no escape from 3rd trumpet 🤣 #CymruRydd #3rdtrumpetisforlife @NationCymru https://t.co/KqaZMyadHF

The lyrics might blow you away Dwight, I heard it once last night and from memory if I recall right there was references to the past, the blue book, flooded villages, freedom fighters from long ago as well as more modern mention about little Englanders, united Ireland and a free Scotland and the burning match video, all good stuff.

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 13:16 - Jun 8 with 1497 viewsGwyn737

I don't think the song should be banned for one second.

However, I prefer my national football songs to be pro-welsh not anti-English. It's one of the reasons why I adore our anthem to say, the Scottish one.
Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 13:31 - Jun 8 with 1486 viewstrampie

It is pro Welsh and definitely should not be banned.

Login to get fewer ads

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 13:53 - Jun 8 with 1457 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 13:07 - Jun 8 by trampie

Deemed political.

The Barry Horns (@thebarryhorns) Tweeted: Here’s last night’s now infamous lyrically censored instrumental tv performance of Cymru Rydd. Once again, I’m clad in black, proving there’s no escape from 3rd trumpet 🤣 #CymruRydd #3rdtrumpetisforlife @NationCymru https://t.co/KqaZMyadHF

The lyrics might blow you away Dwight, I heard it once last night and from memory if I recall right there was references to the past, the blue book, flooded villages, freedom fighters from long ago as well as more modern mention about little Englanders, united Ireland and a free Scotland and the burning match video, all good stuff.

It sounds like it achieved it's purpose in that case.

Adam Price still hasn't replied to me regarding whether the £3,000+ one-way flight he took from California which he charged to Welsh taxpayers was for a first, business or economy class seat.

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 14:43 - Jun 8 with 1421 viewstrampie

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 13:53 - Jun 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It sounds like it achieved it's purpose in that case.

Adam Price still hasn't replied to me regarding whether the £3,000+ one-way flight he took from California which he charged to Welsh taxpayers was for a first, business or economy class seat.

How strange referencing Adam Price in a thread about the lyrics of a Barry Horns song being banned, he has got nothing to do the Barry Horns as far as I know, I would not have thought he would be economy class if I had to guess having done that flight a few times myself, Palm Springs is scorching hot, you need all the creature comforts you can get.

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 15:43 - Jun 8 with 1361 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 14:43 - Jun 8 by trampie

How strange referencing Adam Price in a thread about the lyrics of a Barry Horns song being banned, he has got nothing to do the Barry Horns as far as I know, I would not have thought he would be economy class if I had to guess having done that flight a few times myself, Palm Springs is scorching hot, you need all the creature comforts you can get.

If he did reside in business or first class, it's not very representative of..

"Plaid Cymru is working towards creating an equal nation and a nation of equals. Are you with us?"...

is it?

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 15:55 - Jun 8 with 1341 viewstrampie

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 15:43 - Jun 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

If he did reside in business or first class, it's not very representative of..

"Plaid Cymru is working towards creating an equal nation and a nation of equals. Are you with us?"...

is it?

Adam Price and Plaid Cymru have got nothing to do with the Barry Horns song being banned.
The lyrics to a song have been banned and you are off about a totally unrelated matter.
Do you think the song lyrics should be banned ?, are you in favour of such sensorship in these lands ?

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 16:41 - Jun 8 with 1307 viewsCatullus

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 13:07 - Jun 8 by trampie

Deemed political.

Just from what you posted there it looks less pro Welsh and more anti English. What has it got to do with football?

The blue books might still have an effect on some but we are no Chartists or Daughters of Rebecca, we are football fans and any song should be encouraging the football not raising anti English sentiment.

It's 2021 not 1847.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 16:42 - Jun 8 with 1304 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 15:55 - Jun 8 by trampie

Adam Price and Plaid Cymru have got nothing to do with the Barry Horns song being banned.
The lyrics to a song have been banned and you are off about a totally unrelated matter.
Do you think the song lyrics should be banned ?, are you in favour of such sensorship in these lands ?

Hopefully Adam Price gets back to me before the end of the week.

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 16:57 - Jun 8 with 1281 viewstrampie

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 16:41 - Jun 8 by Catullus

Just from what you posted there it looks less pro Welsh and more anti English. What has it got to do with football?

The blue books might still have an effect on some but we are no Chartists or Daughters of Rebecca, we are football fans and any song should be encouraging the football not raising anti English sentiment.

It's 2021 not 1847.

They don't just do football songs, they do songs about Wales as well.

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 17:00 - Jun 8 with 1277 viewstrampie

Nation.Cymru (@NationCymru) Tweeted: Why Twitter should reverse its absurd Barry Horns ban | @gazceidz #freethebarryhorns https://t.co/b48UsktvlD

Barry Horns too hot to handle, apparently massive outcry helped get them reinstated.

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 17:08 - Jun 8 with 1256 viewsraynor94

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 15:55 - Jun 8 by trampie

Barry Horns should be banned full stop.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 20:22 - Jun 8 with 1186 viewsLohengrin

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 10:58 - Jun 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Why was it banned?

Crimes against tonality?

Not a bad name for a punk band that, Keith...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 20:29 - Jun 8 with 1173 viewstrampie

I like the instrumental, the singing sounds a bit like a punk band.

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 21:17 - Jun 8 with 1134 viewsFireboy2

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 17:08 - Jun 8 by raynor94

Barry Horns should be banned full stop.

Why? Have you ever heard them live at a wales match? They are brilliant.
Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 21:20 - Jun 8 with 1130 viewstrampie

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 21:17 - Jun 8 by Fireboy2

They are indeed.

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 22:51 - Jun 8 with 1078 viewsKilkennyjack

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 21:17 - Jun 8 by Fireboy2

Agreed 👏🏾👏🏾🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
[Post edited 8 Jun 2021 22:52]

Beware of the Risen People

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 23:05 - Jun 8 with 1059 viewsraynor94

Yes, sorry but they do nothing for me, neither did vuvuzelas

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 23:07 - Jun 8 with 1055 viewsFireboy2

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 23:05 - Jun 8 by raynor94

Yes, sorry but they do nothing for me, neither did vuvuzelas

I guess you have never watched Wales live then?
Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 23:12 - Jun 8 with 1049 viewsraynor94

Barry Horns song ‘Cymru Rydd’ the lyrics have been banned on 23:07 - Jun 8 by Fireboy2

I guess you have never watched Wales live then?

I said I have in the previous post, sorry if it offends but it does nothing for me.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024