Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
British Lions v Sharks : Matchday Thread : Weds KO 6pm 00:45 - Jul 6 with 1044 viewsKeithHaynes

Warren Gatland has named his British and Irish Lions team to face Cell C Sharks on Wednesday (July 7). Wales' Josh Navidi and Adam Beard plus England's Tom Curry make their Lions debuts, while Ireland lock Iain Henderson captains the Lions as Conor Murray is on the bench. Gareth Davies and Dan Biggar are the half-backs, Liam Williams is named at full-back with Anthony Watson and Duhan van der Merwe on the wings with Elliot Daly and Bundee Aki named at centre. Wednesday's fixture (6pm kick-off UK time) is the second of eight tour matches in South Africa, and follows a 28-10 warm-up win over Japan and Saturday's 56-14 thumping of the Sigma Lions.

Lions team to face the Sharks: Liam Williams; Anthony Watson, Elliot Daly, Bundee Aki, Duhan van der Merwe; Dan Biggar, Gareth Davies; Mako Vunipola, Luke Cowan-Dickie, Zander Fagerson; Iain Henderson (capt), Adam Beard; Josh Navidi, Tom Curry, Sam Simmonds.

Replacements: Ken Owens, Rory Sutherland, Tadhg Furlong, Tadhg Beirne, Jack Conan, Conor Murray, Stuart Hogg, Chris Harris

Match trivia : Josh Navidi will become the 9th former pupil of Brynteg School to represent the British Lions. Following Jack Matthews, JPR Williams, Gareth Williams, Mike Hall, Rob Howley, Dafydd James, Gavin Henson + Rhys Webb.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

British Lions v Sharks : Matchday Thread : Weds KO 6pm on 10:14 - Jul 7 with 907 viewsonehunglow

Hope it goes ahead

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

British Lions v Sharks : Matchday Thread : Weds KO 6pm on 18:06 - Jul 7 with 850 viewsbritferry

7 forwards on the bench

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

British Lions v Sharks : Matchday Thread : Weds KO 6pm on 18:12 - Jul 7 with 839 viewsCatullus

It is going ahead, shame it'll overlap the football but if it's a good game the football can wait.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

British Lions v Sharks : Matchday Thread : Weds KO 6pm on 19:03 - Jul 7 with 815 viewsbritferry

6th try for Adams... test cert

British Lions v Sharks : Matchday Thread : Weds KO 6pm on 20:20 - Jul 7 with 793 viewsbritferry

British Lions v Sharks : Matchday Thread : Weds KO 6pm on 19:03 - Jul 7 by britferry

6th try for Adams... test cert

British Lions v Sharks : Matchday Thread : Weds KO 6pm on 20:35 - Jul 7 with 787 viewsGwyn737

Scrum has been a bit of a worry.
British Lions v Sharks : Matchday Thread : Weds KO 6pm on 21:30 - Jul 7 with 774 viewsmax936

Navidi Mom for me outstanding game notable mentions for Beard and Adams, I won't argue with the choice of MOM being Van der Merwe though, took his tries very well.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

British Lions v Sharks : Matchday Thread : Weds KO 6pm on 21:56 - Jul 7 with 767 viewsSlugster664

British Lions v Sharks : Matchday Thread : Weds KO 6pm on 20:35 - Jul 7 by Gwyn737

Scrum has been a bit of a worry.

I have a scrum video of Nottingham vs Sarries just before the Lions squad was announced...my mates boy shoved Vunipola all over the park several times, don't rate Vunipola at all.

STID

Login to get fewer ads

British Lions v Sharks : Matchday Thread : Weds KO 6pm on 22:02 - Jul 7 with 756 viewsGwyn737

British Lions v Sharks : Matchday Thread : Weds KO 6pm on 21:56 - Jul 7 by Slugster664

I have a scrum video of Nottingham vs Sarries just before the Lions squad was announced...my mates boy shoved Vunipola all over the park several times, don't rate Vunipola at all.

Nor me.

There are better props not on tour.
British Lions v Sharks : Matchday Thread : Weds KO 6pm on 11:36 - Jul 8 with 659 viewsNotLoyal

54-7 another romp home.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

British Lions v Sharks : Matchday Thread : Weds KO 6pm on 10:10 - Jul 9 with 568 viewsProfessor

British Lions v Sharks : Matchday Thread : Weds KO 6pm on 11:36 - Jul 8 by NotLoyal

54-7 another romp home.

And get to do it all again on Saturday
British Lions v Sharks : Matchday Thread : Weds KO 6pm on 11:04 - Jul 9 with 558 viewsbuilthjack

British Lions v Sharks : Matchday Thread : Weds KO 6pm on 10:10 - Jul 9 by Professor

And get to do it all again on Saturday

Its all a bit of a farce now. Get them home.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

British Lions v Sharks : Matchday Thread : Weds KO 6pm on 13:38 - Jul 9 with 529 viewsonehunglow

British Lions v Sharks : Matchday Thread : Weds KO 6pm on 11:04 - Jul 9 by builthjack

Its all a bit of a farce now. Get them home.

On this we agree.
It is now ludicrous

That the Bokke might play is stupidity itself. I wouldnt want to be in a front row close up to 3 people who are facing a massive issue with covd.It is rampant there.

Frankly,I think the players themselves should refuse to play and save their health.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

British Lions v Sharks : Matchday Thread : Weds KO 6pm on 20:22 - Jul 9 with 489 viewsmax936

British Lions v Sharks : Matchday Thread : Weds KO 6pm on 21:56 - Jul 7 by Slugster664

Its his ability in the loose that gets him the vote and the plaudits, you're spot on, on his scrummaging is technique is awful.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024