Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Expectations are high tonight for both Swansea and Millwall 10:35 - Sep 15 with 655 viewsSwansIndependent

Expectations are high tonight for both Swansea and Millwall 15th Sep 2021 10:33
Saturdays away draw at WBA has lifted the spirits of Millwall boss Gary Rowett, his expectation tonight has to be at least a draw, and as long as his defence keep the swans quiet, maybe even a win. 0

Match day latest click above.
To subscribe to us on Twitter. Click below

This post has been edited by an administrator
Expectations are high tonight for both Swansea and Millwall on 13:15 - Sep 15 with 548 viewsThornburyswan

If we lose this one suspect we’ll go into meltdown on here & would point to a tough next 2/3 months.

A win on the other hand & mid-table mediocrity beckons.
Expectations are high tonight for both Swansea and Millwall on 13:40 - Sep 15 with 532 viewsBadlands

Expectations are high tonight for both Swansea and Millwall on 13:15 - Sep 15 by Thornburyswan

If we lose this one suspect we’ll go into meltdown on here & would point to a tough next 2/3 months.

A win on the other hand & mid-table mediocrity beckons.

So what you are saying is it doesn’t matter what the result this season, manager and squad has already been written off.
🙄
All I’m expecting is further indication that we are making progress in condemning hoofball to history.
8 more games after tonight before Martin can be judged but given the groaners and moaners were out in force last weekend he may not get that.
Cooper was lucky his teams got to play to empty stadiums for 18 months.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Expectations are high tonight for both Swansea and Millwall on 13:58 - Sep 15 with 519 viewsDr_Parnassus

Expectations are high tonight for both Swansea and Millwall on 13:40 - Sep 15 by Badlands

So what you are saying is it doesn’t matter what the result this season, manager and squad has already been written off.
🙄
All I’m expecting is further indication that we are making progress in condemning hoofball to history.
8 more games after tonight before Martin can be judged but given the groaners and moaners were out in force last weekend he may not get that.

Did we play hoofball then?

Sounds like another myth, we didn’t have a target man and our striker was barely 6 foot. I don’t think we got to 4th playing hoofball with that personnel.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Expectations are high tonight for both Swansea and Millwall on 14:05 - Sep 15 with 516 viewsTreforys_Jack

Expectations are high tonight for both Swansea and Millwall on 13:58 - Sep 15 by Dr_Parnassus

Did we play hoofball then?

Sounds like another myth, we didn’t have a target man and our striker was barely 6 foot. I don’t think we got to 4th playing hoofball with that personnel.

Definitely played a fair bit of hoofball.
Expectations are high tonight for both Swansea and Millwall on 14:12 - Sep 15 with 509 viewsvetchonian

Expectations are high tonight for both Swansea and Millwall on 13:40 - Sep 15 by Badlands

🙄

Listening to you you would swear the ball was never palyed on the ground under Cooper.....which it mostly was!
That was last season lets focus on this one.......
SO far has someone has ponted out elsewhere we have had less attempts at goal, lees on target and scored even less goals than in the same number of openings games to the preceding 2 seasons.

We have managed just 1 win....and this was due to the players going agasint instructions so maybe just maybe some people cn be allowed to question just as others did last season even though the team ws getting results.
Your claim of hoof ball is without foundation you according to you wew had become a Pullis , Warnock side which is not true

I know again Im goiung to get called a Cooper boy but Im not Im just fed up with the Cr@p and myth posted on here...and it sems from the dislke of the individual as a resu;lt of his roots.

NO one has yet written our manager ,squad or season off....what has been questioned is the "euphoria" and marvel that is around given our actual results....by the way its not just coming form fans on here the media etc are questioning the same.Yes o its Ian Walsh et al but still questions are being asked and why cant they be....many were asked last year or more so statements made.
Question will you be happy to continue all season watching us pass the ball sideways and backwards getting 0-0 draws hoping to pinch a penalty? Like everyone is going on about re Saturday?

Much debate was made in Saturdays matchday thread that the quality of the game and the football not not be judged by just watching it on the TV yet everyon is happy to do so for the last 18 months !
Genrally I think as we were winning the majority of fans would have been happy and im sure would have actualy enjoyed being at the ground....the football seemed dull as there were no crowds no atmpshere...Ive said before I rememebr watching combination games at a near deserted Vetch with some top quality players and games SPurs reserves with ALan Brazil Gary Mabbut to name two players playing that day it seemed like a crap game but the place was empty.
Im sure we would have all felt the same way about Saturdays game had we had to watch that as last year!

Cooper was lucky lucky enough to get us into the play offs twice especially as before he came to us he had never managed asenior team ....annd yes he lost in the final to a team that was in their second successive play off final with a manager who had been with them for 3 seasons and had had 3 seasons of senior managemt prior a team that is perfoming well in the PL.....lucky eh!!!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Expectations are high tonight for both Swansea and Millwall on 14:16 - Sep 15 with 504 viewsDr_Parnassus

Expectations are high tonight for both Swansea and Millwall on 14:05 - Sep 15 by Treforys_Jack

I’m not convinced.

I’ll probably be able to find the information eventually, but I am pretty sure I compared Coopers time to Potters time and the long ball % was very similar.

What people experienced under Cooper was defensive football, not hoofball. We simply did not have the team to play hoofball. It is just another myth to undermine it.

I think from memory, 9% of our passes were long passes, which put us firmly in the “short passing team” category. I would have to check that to be exact though.

Expectations are high tonight for both Swansea and Millwall on 14:19 - Sep 15 with 499 viewsmax936

Expectations are high tonight for both Swansea and Millwall on 14:05 - Sep 15 by Treforys_Jack

When Woodman manged to kick down field and not out for a throwing, I sometimes thought he should have been a Fullback for Newcastle Falcons with his uncanny ability to find touch.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Expectations are high tonight for both Swansea and Millwall on 15:01 - Sep 15 with 470 viewsvetchonian

Expectations are high tonight for both Swansea and Millwall on 14:19 - Sep 15 by max936

When Woodman manged to kick down field and not out for a throwing, I sometimes thought he should have been a Fullback for Newcastle Falcons with his uncanny ability to find touch.

His distribution was not the best from hand , or the floor....but when the defence had the ball the tendancy was for them to pass it out rather thna hoof away....though Bennet did seem to have a when in doubt hoof it out philosophy!!!!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Expectations are high tonight for both Swansea and Millwall on 15:07 - Sep 15 with 456 viewsTreforys_Jack

Expectations are high tonight for both Swansea and Millwall on 14:16 - Sep 15 by Dr_Parnassus

I’m not convinced.

I’ll probably be able to find the information eventually, but I am pretty sure I compared Coopers time to Potters time and the long ball % was very similar.

What people experienced under Cooper was defensive football, not hoofball. We simply did not have the team to play hoofball. It is just another myth to undermine it.

I think from memory, 9% of our passes were long passes, which put us firmly in the “short passing team” category. I would have to check that to be exact though.

No need to check, whatever it was, it was boring.
Expectations are high tonight for both Swansea and Millwall on 15:13 - Sep 15 with 447 viewsDr_Parnassus

Expectations are high tonight for both Swansea and Millwall on 15:07 - Sep 15 by Treforys_Jack

No need to check, whatever it was, it was boring.

That’s not the discussion though. If it was boring then say so, no need to make up that it was hoofball.

Expectations are high tonight for both Swansea and Millwall on 17:48 - Sep 15 with 339 viewsTreforys_Jack

Expectations are high tonight for both Swansea and Millwall on 15:13 - Sep 15 by Dr_Parnassus

That’s not the discussion though. If it was boring then say so, no need to make up that it was hoofball.

Sorry boss 😞
Expectations are high tonight for both Swansea and Millwall on 19:25 - Sep 16 with 257 viewsonehunglow

Both wrong.
Football eh

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024