Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The bigger club argument - this article aged well 17:14 - Oct 15 with 2801 viewsBillyChong

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-fans-vie
The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 18:23 - Oct 15 with 2746 viewsjohnlangy

'Swansea can enjoy their season in the Premier League, but, of the two sides, only Cardiff I think could remain up there. And that is because of the size of club.

I believe, with the Malaysian backers in place, Cardiff have the chance not only to get promoted, but to push on and become a top-six side in the Premier League.'

That went well didn't it
The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 18:29 - Oct 15 with 2737 viewsCatullus

It has aged well. Being the bigger club doesn't seem to matter so much after all. We had longer in the EPL after all.
Look past that at Manchester, United obviously the bigger club but the money counts for more than fans, so it seems.

I had to laugh, 60k stadium, weren't they half empty recently. Having a larger fan base is one thing but their fans aren't just fickle, they're feckless too. A stadium for our "Capitol City side" that looked 30% full at best, laughable really for the Barcelona of Wales.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 18:36 - Oct 15 with 2726 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Usual rubbish spouted the crowds when Swansea were promoted and played in division one. Crowds in Division 1 had slumped due to crowd violence and dilapidated facilities you only have to look at the attendance of some of the bigger clubs.

Swansea were 15th put of 22 clubs with 18,000
A few other examples of average attendances
Aston Villa 26,000
Leeds 22,000
Ipswich 21,000
Forest 19,000
Sunderland 19,000
WBA 16,000
Stoke 14,000

I do find it rich coming from a Cardiff support that only 13 ,000 turned up for one of our champions games two year ago. Cardiff's actual attendance for their last two home games around 8,000 to 10,000 and those estimates were from people at the game. The nonsense figures published by Cardiff City were a joke.

Over the last 50 years

Season in top Division
Cardiff 2 Swansea 9

Major trophies won
Cardiff nil Swansea 1

PS in 1981/82 in division 2 Cardiff averaged between 3,000 and 5,000 with a top attendance of 10,000 at the end of the season when luton were the visitors and won the title no doubt bringing thousands of fans with them.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 18:59]

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 18:58 - Oct 15 with 2698 views73__73

Stay off the crack, Gwyn, theres a good lad.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 19:54 - Oct 15 with 2660 viewsCatullus

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 18:36 - Oct 15 by felixstowe_jack

Usual rubbish spouted the crowds when Swansea were promoted and played in division one. Crowds in Division 1 had slumped due to crowd violence and dilapidated facilities you only have to look at the attendance of some of the bigger clubs.

Aston Villa 26,000
Leeds 22,000
Ipswich 21,000
Forest 19,000
Sunderland 19,000
WBA 16,000
Stoke 14,000

I do find it rich coming from a Cardiff support that only 13 ,000 turned up for one of our champions games two year ago. Cardiff's actual attendance for their last two home games around 8,000 to 10,000 and those estimates were from people at the game. The nonsense figures published by Cardiff City were a joke.

Over the last 50 years

Season in top Division
Cardiff 2 Swansea 9

Major trophies won
Cardiff nil Swansea 1

PS in 1981/82 in division 2 Cardiff averaged between 3,000 and 5,000 with a top attendance of 10,000 at the end of the season when luton were the visitors and won the title no doubt bringing thousands of fans with them.

I think constantly pushing the bigger club thing has bitten them on the bum really. Surely the aim is to be better?

I mean, Arsenal and Spurs get bigger crowds than Man Citeh but both clubs would love a few of those trophies from the Etihads cabinet!

For little,tiny, poor old us to have outperformed them so often in the last 30 years must really hurt.
Malaysian multi millionaire owner, bigger stadium yet where are they? Behind us on goal difference but they seem to be getting worse and we seem to be improving. It's a long road yet mind but I'm confident we'll move up the table, their fans seem less convinced!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 19:57 - Oct 15 with 2658 viewsDr_Winston

If the Basseys aren't being told every five minutes how massive and wonderful they are they get quite unmanageable.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 20:05 - Oct 15 with 2648 viewsBoundy

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 19:57 - Oct 15 by Dr_Winston

If the Basseys aren't being told every five minutes how massive and wonderful they are they get quite unmanageable.

The poor dabs ,the sense of entitlement oozes from every pore, the lack of achievement is even greater

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 20:09 - Oct 15 with 2646 viewsDr_Winston

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 20:05 - Oct 15 by Boundy

The poor dabs ,the sense of entitlement oozes from every pore, the lack of achievement is even greater

That's the key thing.

They're an absolute nonentity of a club. One trophy nearly 100 years ago, the award of a regional administration centre status and somehow they've convinced themselves that they're deserving of major European team status.

It's staggering just how far their view of themselves is from reality, and they really can't deal with it all that well.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 21:57 - Oct 15 with 2572 viewsmax936

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 19:54 - Oct 15 by Catullus

I think constantly pushing the bigger club thing has bitten them on the bum really. Surely the aim is to be better?

I mean, Arsenal and Spurs get bigger crowds than Man Citeh but both clubs would love a few of those trophies from the Etihads cabinet!

For little,tiny, poor old us to have outperformed them so often in the last 30 years must really hurt.
Malaysian multi millionaire owner, bigger stadium yet where are they? Behind us on goal difference but they seem to be getting worse and we seem to be improving. It's a long road yet mind but I'm confident we'll move up the table, their fans seem less convinced!

They're an embarrassment always have been, their sense of entitlement is laughable, as Dell Boy said to Rodders on the Jolly Boys outing, I've always been an achiever, although I've never really achieved anything
[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 21:59]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 21:59 - Oct 15 with 2567 viewsmax936

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 20:05 - Oct 15 by Boundy

Wish I read this, before I posted mine

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 22:41 - Oct 15 with 2539 viewsKeithHaynes

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 18:36 - Oct 15 by felixstowe_jack

Aston Villa 26,000
Leeds 22,000
Ipswich 21,000
Forest 19,000
Sunderland 19,000
WBA 16,000
Stoke 14,000

Over the last 50 years

Season in top Division
Cardiff 2 Swansea 9

Major trophies won
Cardiff nil Swansea 1

They had 2,800 earlier this season. Swansea would never have that.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 01:10 - Oct 16 with 2467 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 20:09 - Oct 15 by Dr_Winston

That's the key thing.

They're an absolute nonentity of a club. One trophy nearly 100 years ago, the award of a regional administration centre status and somehow they've convinced themselves that they're deserving of major European team status.

It's staggering just how far their view of themselves is from reality, and they really can't deal with it all that well.

Have they sold out their allocation yet? The harsh reality is that far from being a billionaire’s money pit they actually only got loans some turned to equity but no real investment at all. All that Malaysian flag waving and a change of kit got them nothing - probably worse off than before Tan turned up.

One piece of Gwyn’s abject ignorance - we are supposed to be “a Rugby area”. I suppose that’s why the vast majority of the *Welsh World Cup side were not only Swansea players but Swansea born players. Idiotic statement full of bitterness after we just got promoted - a bit like Jason Mohammed dedicating his morning after show to slagging the city off. The pain must have been unbearable for them. Lol.

They’re just another non entity of a football club who could more likely be a Peterborough or a Carlisle than a Barcelona. By the way - the Barcelona comparison - it must haunt their fans every time they watch them hoofing it up the field hoping it will stick to whatever giant is playing upfront lol 😂

* 1958 I mean obviously
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 22:18]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 09:15 - Oct 16 with 2377 viewsKilkennyjack

Most Cardiff fans ever to travel to Swansea for a game ? Less than 4,000..?

Most Swans fans ever to travel to Cardiff for a game ? Over 30,000 - and twice.

Cardiff have the bigger debt though.
Once the Malaysian owners walk, as they will, they are into administration.
2 decades in League 2 awaits.

Beware of the Risen People

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 10:21 - Oct 16 with 2341 viewsonehunglow

size is not everything

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 11:49 - Oct 16 with 2300 viewsmax936

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 01:10 - Oct 16 by Brynmill_Jack

Have they sold out their allocation yet? The harsh reality is that far from being a billionaire’s money pit they actually only got loans some turned to equity but no real investment at all. All that Malaysian flag waving and a change of kit got them nothing - probably worse off than before Tan turned up.

One piece of Gwyn’s abject ignorance - we are supposed to be “a Rugby area”. I suppose that’s why the vast majority of the *Welsh World Cup side were not only Swansea players but Swansea born players. Idiotic statement full of bitterness after we just got promoted - a bit like Jason Mohammed dedicating his morning after show to slagging the city off. The pain must have been unbearable for them. Lol.

They’re just another non entity of a football club who could more likely be a Peterborough or a Carlisle than a Barcelona. By the way - the Barcelona comparison - it must haunt their fans every time they watch them hoofing it up the field hoping it will stick to whatever giant is playing upfront lol 😂

* 1958 I mean obviously
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 22:18]

"Jason Mohammed dedicating his morning after show to slagging the city off. The pain must have been unbearable for them."

I can't stand this clown, I won't watch any show he presents or his own, the man is pure excrement.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 11:50]

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 12:37 - Oct 16 with 2264 viewsFireboy2

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 11:49 - Oct 16 by max936

"Jason Mohammed dedicating his morning after show to slagging the city off. The pain must have been unbearable for them."

I can't stand this clown, I won't watch any show he presents or his own, the man is pure excrement.

Sam here Max, I even turn the radio over if that pr!ck is on.
The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 15:11 - Oct 16 with 2174 viewsCatullus

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 11:49 - Oct 16 by max936

My wife can't stand him either, reckons he bullied her in school!

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 19:40 - Oct 16 with 2101 viewsNotLoyal

Having more empty plastic seats isn't a case for an example of a big club

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 22:20 - Oct 16 with 2028 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 15:11 - Oct 16 by Catullus

She should ring him on his morning phone in when his subject is bullying in school lol

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 00:33 - Oct 17 with 1974 viewsWalterBoyd

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 15:11 - Oct 16 by Catullus

That's awful.

I enjoy Radio Wales but cant listen to it when he is on. Irritating as hell.
The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 18:26 - Oct 17 with 1901 viewsBillyChong

Hope Gwyn enjoyed today’s game
The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 18:28 - Oct 17 with 1895 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 18:26 - Oct 17 by BillyChong

Hope Gwyn enjoyed today’s game

I bet he doesn’t even watch them anymore. So fickle their “fan base” is.

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 19:54 - Oct 17 with 1834 viewsBoundy

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 18:28 - Oct 17 by Brynmill_Jack

I bet he doesn’t even watch them anymore. So fickle their “fan base” is.

Big Gwyn of Valleys Ram fame , nah he's taken up pottery

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 20:07 - Oct 17 with 1813 viewsKeithHaynes

The bigger club argument - this article aged well on 19:54 - Oct 17 by Boundy

Big Gwyn of Valleys Ram fame , nah he's taken up pottery

Appropriate adult ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024