Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fact of the day - Unemployment 08:19 - Jan 12 with 3834 viewsAjack_Kerouac

UK Unemployment - 4.2%
EU Unemployment - 7.2%

Remember that anyone who voted Brexit was labelled an idiot and 'Remainers' lined up to tell us that voting for Brexit would result in massive unemployment.

Stop taking seriously the people who are being proved wrong, consistently.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 08:46 - Jan 12 with 1864 viewsWhiterockin

Covid has had a massive impact since we left the EU. Just take tourism as one example, how many in the EU have lost their job due to people not going on holiday. Just one small example and there are many, we need to wait a while to see the true impact, several years. Its not the time to try and score points but the time to work together and try to make it work.

Incidentally I voted leave.
Fact of the day - Unemployment on 08:55 - Jan 12 with 1853 viewsjack_lord

I suppose that statistic would have more context if it compared now to 2, 5 and 10 years ago. I would like to see the how both entities have changed in the Covid years.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 08:59 - Jan 12 with 1845 viewsItchySphincter

Food banks.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 09:10 - Jan 12 with 1829 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 08:59 - Jan 12 by ItchySphincter

Food banks.

What do food banks have to do with the claim that leaving the EU would cause unemployment (I believe it was claimed that this would happen quickly) not coming to fruition, in fact unemployment is rising quicker in the EU?

That was the topic. So why do you think that unemployment is higher in the EU despite every country in Europe (including the UK) suffering the effects of Covid lockdowns and despite us leaving the EU?
How do you explain that one away to yourself?

This is the point where you need to make a coherent, rational, argument.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2022 9:10]

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 09:20 - Jan 12 with 1823 viewsjack_lord

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 09:10 - Jan 12 by Ajack_Kerouac

What do food banks have to do with the claim that leaving the EU would cause unemployment (I believe it was claimed that this would happen quickly) not coming to fruition, in fact unemployment is rising quicker in the EU?

That was the topic. So why do you think that unemployment is higher in the EU despite every country in Europe (including the UK) suffering the effects of Covid lockdowns and despite us leaving the EU?

I did a quick check.
The EU data shows that unemployment is at an almost identical rate a6 6.5% to two years ago whereas UK has shown a rise from 3.8 to 4.2%. The EA (the Euro area which the UK was never part of) is 7.2%

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 09:30 - Jan 12 with 1816 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 09:20 - Jan 12 by jack_lord

I did a quick check.
The EU data shows that unemployment is at an almost identical rate a6 6.5% to two years ago whereas UK has shown a rise from 3.8 to 4.2%. The EA (the Euro area which the UK was never part of) is 7.2%

So the core of Europe, the Euro area, which so many remainers had argued that we needed to be a part of...Tony Blair, the great centrist , still argues that the Euro was our destiny...has unemployment growing at a faster rate than Brexit Britain.

Strange that, as we were told that they had so many advantages and that Brexit was a suicidal move that would create unemployment...over and over again, for years.
Very strange.

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 09:37 - Jan 12 with 1812 viewsjack_lord

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 09:30 - Jan 12 by Ajack_Kerouac

So the core of Europe, the Euro area, which so many remainers had argued that we needed to be a part of...Tony Blair, the great centrist , still argues that the Euro was our destiny...has unemployment growing at a faster rate than Brexit Britain.

Strange that, as we were told that they had so many advantages and that Brexit was a suicidal move that would create unemployment...over and over again, for years.
Very strange.

Incidentally, the 7.2% figure is also almost identical to two years ago so it can be argued that that area has done better than the UK.
I'm not and never have been a big supporter of the Euro though I understand why they think it is necessary.

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 09:40 - Jan 12 with 1810 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 09:20 - Jan 12 by jack_lord

I did a quick check.

Could that point to the fact that countries in the EU that kept their own currency had a more flexible economy and were able to keep more people in work. While the countries that use an over valued Euro like Italy Greece Spain had higher unemployment. 9%, 13,% 14% respectively.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Login to get fewer ads

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 09:42 - Jan 12 with 1803 viewsWhiterockin

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 09:40 - Jan 12 by felixstowe_jack

Could that point to the fact that countries in the EU that kept their own currency had a more flexible economy and were able to keep more people in work. While the countries that use an over valued Euro like Italy Greece Spain had higher unemployment. 9%, 13,% 14% respectively.

Again I would say Italy Greece Spain was impacted by tourism.
Fact of the day - Unemployment on 10:05 - Jan 12 with 1765 viewsCountyJim

It's a load of bollix my daughter has been advised to go on pip rather than claiming unemployment there's hundreds of thousands like that remember the miners doctors told to stick them on sick rather than the dole to mask figures.

Still going on under this tory government
Fact of the day - Unemployment on 10:12 - Jan 12 with 1757 viewsBoundy

Food banks.

For a sense of balance ,and no one can claim moral superiority , food bans actually started during Labours tenure .Britain’s biggest foodbank network had 57 outlets open in the final year of the Labour government in 2009/10. Either way a national disgrace

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 10:13 - Jan 12 with 1757 viewsCatullus

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 09:42 - Jan 12 by Whiterockin

That seems a reasonable conclusion but other countries are impacted too, any skiing resort, the South of France, anywhere that benefits massively from tourism will have suffered but I don't know the figures for a proper comparison.

People still try to put any bad stuff down to brexit but until we are through the pandemic it's practically impossible to be sure. Even imports and exports are affected by covid rules.

UK unemployment should drop, there are plenty of jobs around. I'm getting an email every day telling me of new jobs available and half of them seem like decent jobs to. A lot in driving and the care sector.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 10:19 - Jan 12 with 1750 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 09:42 - Jan 12 by Whiterockin

You can't just blame lack of tourists for high unemployment rates. Malta and Cyprus are both well below EU average. The UK also relies on tourists from overseas particularly London and Scotland.

Unemployment in Euro area 7.6%
Unemployment in 27 EU countries 6.9%
Uk Unemployment 4.2%

20 countries in the EU have higher unemployment than the UK.

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 10:25 - Jan 12 with 1742 viewsWhiterockin

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 10:19 - Jan 12 by felixstowe_jack

You can't just blame lack of tourists for high unemployment rates. Malta and Cyprus are both well below EU average. The UK also relies on tourists from overseas particularly London and Scotland.

Uk Unemployment 4.2%

I'm not just blaming tourism, but the three countries you named normally have high tourism employment. The rates in this sector have improved in the last 6 months after going through the floor.
Fact of the day - Unemployment on 10:30 - Jan 12 with 1732 viewsjack_lord

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 10:19 - Jan 12 by felixstowe_jack

Uk Unemployment 4.2%

The latest figures I saw were EA 6.5% and Euro 7.2%.
Yes UK has a better unemployment rate than many of the EU countries. Did it gain as an EU member? Did it initially gain but that deteriorate over time? It is a big economy. There have been huge political changes since UK went in to the EEC back in 73 so who knows what is actually right.
As long as Nationalism doesn't confuse the decision makers.

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 10:37 - Jan 12 with 1724 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 10:30 - Jan 12 by jack_lord

The latest figures I saw were EA 6.5% and Euro 7.2%.
Yes UK has a better unemployment rate than many of the EU countries. Did it gain as an EU member? Did it initially gain but that deteriorate over time? It is a big economy. There have been huge political changes since UK went in to the EEC back in 73 so who knows what is actually right.
As long as Nationalism doesn't confuse the decision makers.

Who knows but it certainly benefited from having it's own currency allowing the UK to set it's own monetary policy with a flexibility to make it's own decisions rather than being tied to the euro.

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 10:53 - Jan 12 with 1714 viewsItchySphincter

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 09:10 - Jan 12 by Ajack_Kerouac

Well no. My point was made.

Cheerlead for this shower all you like, meanwhile…… food banks.

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 12:29 - Jan 12 with 1665 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 10:53 - Jan 12 by ItchySphincter

Well no. My point was made.

Cheerlead for this shower all you like, meanwhile…… food banks.

It not as if the EU does not have food banks.
Germany has 2000 food banks and 3,500,000 people depend on food banks in France. The two richest countries in the EU have food banks.

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 12:35 - Jan 12 with 1658 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Food banks.

Yes because that is definitely a problem unique to the UK.

https://www.debatingeurope.eu/2021/10/21/why-do-we-still-need-foodbanks-in-europ
Fact of the day - Unemployment on 12:37 - Jan 12 with 1653 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 12:29 - Jan 12 by felixstowe_jack

It not as if the EU does not have food banks.
Germany has 2000 food banks and 3,500,000 people depend on food banks in France. The two richest countries in the EU have food banks.

In Germany I understand that you need to show your social security number to use a food bank. They have a similar use of food banks to the UK.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.dw.com/en/dramatic-rise-in-germans-relying-on-f

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 12:40 - Jan 12 with 1650 viewsItchySphincter

Ahhh, so I’m detecting from the ‘whataboutery’ of the last few posts that necessity for foodbanks is completely acceptable in a developed society which appears to be congratulating itself on a job well done in comparison to other countries.

Rightio, as you were.

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 12:41 - Jan 12 with 1649 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 12:37 - Jan 12 by JACKMANANDBOY

In Germany I understand that you need to show your social security number to use a food bank. They have a similar use of food banks to the UK.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.dw.com/en/dramatic-rise-in-germans-relying-on-f

It is an absolute disgrace that in 2022 people in the wealthiest countries in the world can’t afford food or heating.
Fact of the day - Unemployment on 12:47 - Jan 12 with 1648 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 12:41 - Jan 12 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

It is an absolute disgrace that in 2022 people in the wealthiest countries in the world can’t afford food or heating.

Systemic failure.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 12:50 - Jan 12 with 1645 viewsEbo

f uck the UK and f uck the pound

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 13:03 - Jan 12 with 1625 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Fact of the day - Unemployment on 12:40 - Jan 12 by ItchySphincter

Ahhh, so I’m detecting from the ‘whataboutery’ of the last few posts that necessity for foodbanks is completely acceptable in a developed society which appears to be congratulating itself on a job well done in comparison to other countries.

Rightio, as you were.

Well I did say it’s an absolute disgrace but it’s not as you are suggesting an issue around brexit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024