Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
World Cup allocation tickets etc 09:18 - Jul 6 with 1859 viewsKeithHaynes

How’s people doing, I had a big think about going but decided against it in the end.

Seems there’s a few issues with the FIFA allocation system online.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 09:26 - Jul 6 with 1826 viewsCatullus

There's a lot more issues than just that!

Of all the WC's to qualify for it's a true wc of WC's. A hugely expensive country with awful human rights records, demonstrably authoritarian laws (LGBT+ for example) and it's far too hot too.

Keith, I have been told but I haven't seen it myself, that all these shiny new stadia are going to be dismantled when it's over. Do you know if that's true?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 09:29 - Jul 6 with 1824 viewsonehunglow

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 09:26 - Jul 6 by Catullus

Of all the WC's to qualify for it's a true wc of WC's. A hugely expensive country with awful human rights records, demonstrably authoritarian laws (LGBT+ for example) and it's far too hot too.

Keith, I have been told but I haven't seen it myself, that all these shiny new stadia are going to be dismantled when it's over. Do you know if that's true?

The last place to have a World Cup

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 09:43 - Jul 6 with 1800 viewsKeithHaynes

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 09:26 - Jul 6 by Catullus

Your reasoning in the countries ability to be a part of the bigger world picture and it’s track record with LGBGT is my reason. Countries trying to be acceptable to the rest of the world use this competition for a greater political standing. Russia is an example, everybody’s friend then four years later the catalyst for thousands of deaths.

Qatar and the Middle East ? I wonder.

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 09:48 - Jul 6 with 1791 viewsonehunglow

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 09:43 - Jul 6 by KeithHaynes

Your reasoning in the countries ability to be a part of the bigger world picture and it’s track record with LGBGT is my reason. Countries trying to be acceptable to the rest of the world use this competition for a greater political standing. Russia is an example, everybody’s friend then four years later the catalyst for thousands of deaths.

Qatar and the Middle East ? I wonder.

I would question everyone s friend Keith.
In fact,nothing further from the truth.

I’ve always regarded Russia as a country and people for whom I have unfettered distain.

We are drawn from the pages of our the lives of friends. I have had East German,Czech,Polish and Hungarian who have good reason to hate Russia.

Becoming friends with somebody who escaped from East Berlin and had family tortured as a result changed me . This would be around 1970 when I was 20. It opened my eyes as well as others comfortably supine in South Wales .

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 11:33 - Jul 6 with 1738 viewsKeithHaynes

Wales fans on the end of so many rough deals, even buying tickets for the World Cup 6th Jul 2022 11:26
Followers of the Wales national team have complained of numerous bitter experiences over the past two days when trying to get on to the FIFA portal this week. So much so the site has seen some fans waiting for hours and hours to purchase their tickets. 0

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 12:21 - Jul 6 with 1713 views1983

I was bang up for it even to go on my own and happy enough to dip into my rainy day money take in at least 1 game but then I spend a couple of days researching it and soon found out what a ball ache it is.
Roll on Germany 2024 if we qualify

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 13:01 - Jul 6 with 1670 viewsbuilthjack

I am not going.
But decided to see how far I would get on the ticket portal.
First time it crashed after 4 hours.
I tried at 5am this morning, hours later still not in.
If I was actually going I would be very annoyed.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 13:43 - Jul 6 with 1630 viewsonehunglow

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 13:01 - Jul 6 by builthjack

I am not going.
But decided to see how far I would get on the ticket portal.
First time it crashed after 4 hours.
I tried at 5am this morning, hours later still not in.
If I was actually going I would be very annoyed.

Better staying home with a small beer and welsh cakes .and watch it .

Login to get fewer ads

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 13:56 - Jul 6 with 1616 viewsReslovenSwan1

I do my cooking with Qatari gas and and grateful to them for keeping my fuel prices low overall and providing a long terms security of supply. I own shares in British Gas to mitigate any prices rises. Anyone can buy them but they could be affected by windfall taxes wanted by people who do not own them.

I do not object the World cup going there and UK people need to observe their laws for a month or two. Welsh fans should not sing racist songs (based on English slurs) or may have to explain it to the Qatari Police who are likely to be both baffled and unsympathetic. Muslims do not general slaughter sheep in Sketty Park in the festival of sacrifice.

Labour laws and treatment of migrants has been appalling but always was and now as a result of the WC2022 is improving but way too slowly probably. At least the Qataris are now familiar with Western labour standards and may be able to move on from here. Modernisation is an objective. Changes occur slowly by contact and integration not isolation and contempt.

I have no dog in the fight of LGBT activism but see the WC 2022 advancing the causes not pushing them backwards. I am no expert but suspect these cause do not have much traction outside Western Europe and North America. I would imagine Russia China india Brasil Mexico are conservative in this respect? Most the world would therefore not qualify to hold tournaments if LGBT causes were a consideration.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 13:58]

Wise sage since Toshack era

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 15:05 - Jul 6 with 1556 viewsGixerJack

I did consider it but a combination of cost and the country’s HR record scuppered the idea. So I’ll watch it from my armchair and use the money I’ve saved to nearly fill the car with petrol
World Cup allocation tickets etc on 15:28 - Jul 6 with 1549 viewsReslovenSwan1

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 15:05 - Jul 6 by GixerJack

I did consider it but a combination of cost and the country’s HR record scuppered the idea. So I’ll watch it from my armchair and use the money I’ve saved to nearly fill the car with petrol

So you still use Qatari /Arabian petrol then? Why not accept their HR has some way to go and encourage not sanction and lecture.?

When you are boiling your potatoes it is with Qatari gas if you have a gas stove.

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 16:10 - Jul 6 with 1520 viewsBryanSwan

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 13:56 - Jul 6 by ReslovenSwan1

I do my cooking with Qatari gas and and grateful to them for keeping my fuel prices low overall and providing a long terms security of supply. I own shares in British Gas to mitigate any prices rises. Anyone can buy them but they could be affected by windfall taxes wanted by people who do not own them.

I do not object the World cup going there and UK people need to observe their laws for a month or two. Welsh fans should not sing racist songs (based on English slurs) or may have to explain it to the Qatari Police who are likely to be both baffled and unsympathetic. Muslims do not general slaughter sheep in Sketty Park in the festival of sacrifice.

Labour laws and treatment of migrants has been appalling but always was and now as a result of the WC2022 is improving but way too slowly probably. At least the Qataris are now familiar with Western labour standards and may be able to move on from here. Modernisation is an objective. Changes occur slowly by contact and integration not isolation and contempt.

I have no dog in the fight of LGBT activism but see the WC 2022 advancing the causes not pushing them backwards. I am no expert but suspect these cause do not have much traction outside Western Europe and North America. I would imagine Russia China india Brasil Mexico are conservative in this respect? Most the world would therefore not qualify to hold tournaments if LGBT causes were a consideration.

I mean this is an embarrassing post, are you trying to absolve Qatar of all their issues.
And as for labour laws what an absolute joke, 1,000s of slave migrants were killed building the stadiums.

Qatar is a disgrace.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 16:22 - Jul 6 with 1509 viewsonehunglow

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 16:10 - Jul 6 by BryanSwan

I mean this is an embarrassing post, are you trying to absolve Qatar of all their issues.
And as for labour laws what an absolute joke, 1,000s of slave migrants were killed building the stadiums.

Qatar is a disgrace.

It was a long post and I lost interest after the opening sentence

Nobody in their right minds should go to Qatar unless they are terminal hypocrites

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 16:51 - Jul 6 with 1482 viewsBoundy

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 13:56 - Jul 6 by ReslovenSwan1

You wouldn't be so sanguine if you knew what goat herders do on cold nights

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 16:55 - Jul 6 with 1474 viewsReslovenSwan1

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 16:10 - Jul 6 by BryanSwan

Qatar is a disgrace.

Change comes gradually and by cooperation and gradual improvement. Its just a fact of life. We want to integrate Qataris to our way of liberal thinking by persuasion and encouragement. They sell us their gas and we trade with them.

I would not have gone to Qatar but the defective FIFA chose it. Pulling out is not an option.

If you do not want to trade with the Qataris then we have no gas supplies. That is where your gas comes from and Russian supplies are not an option. Shall we ban it?

The alternatives for Qataris are western encouragement or encouragement off the Taliban or similar extremist organisations.

The Word Cup have exposed these issues which have always existed and probably not something you have ever bothered about before. Ship demolition in India and Turkiye for example. Mining in Africa etc. The deaths injuries are a stain on the Qatari nation.

Theoretically the lot of migrant labour has improved as a result of the WC2022. You will have noted Abu Dhabi and Qatar have had a building boom well before the WC. Zero publicity for them probably under the same terms and conditions.

Action is being taken to bring Qatar up to better standards. H and S coming to Qatar and not before time. These issues are sitting on the ministers table and questions are being asked. Other focus on LGBT issues again on the plate of the minister. hopefully laws made and applied.

So wat is your solution? You have none. An all white Christian Western democratic world cup?

Welsh rugby icons actually played in all white skinned rugby tournaments 1974. Few complained . Some of the white skinned sportsmen earn a crust of the Western Mail still. None have apologised.

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 17:03 - Jul 6 with 1461 viewsReslovenSwan1

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 16:51 - Jul 6 by Boundy

You wouldn't be so sanguine if you knew what goat herders do on cold nights

Please explain.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 17:05]

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 17:21 - Jul 6 with 1433 viewsGixerJack

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 15:28 - Jul 6 by ReslovenSwan1

So you still use Qatari /Arabian petrol then? Why not accept their HR has some way to go and encourage not sanction and lecture.?

When you are boiling your potatoes it is with Qatari gas if you have a gas stove.

No butt, I get my petrol from Asda
World Cup allocation tickets etc on 17:24 - Jul 6 with 1428 viewsReslovenSwan1

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 17:21 - Jul 6 by GixerJack

No butt, I get my petrol from Asda

You are in the clear then mate. You can sleep well tonight.

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 17:29 - Jul 6 with 1411 viewsBryanSwan

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 16:55 - Jul 6 by ReslovenSwan1

Change comes gradually and by cooperation and gradual improvement. Its just a fact of life. We want to integrate Qataris to our way of liberal thinking by persuasion and encouragement. They sell us their gas and we trade with them.

I would not have gone to Qatar but the defective FIFA chose it. Pulling out is not an option.

If you do not want to trade with the Qataris then we have no gas supplies. That is where your gas comes from and Russian supplies are not an option. Shall we ban it?

The alternatives for Qataris are western encouragement or encouragement off the Taliban or similar extremist organisations.

The Word Cup have exposed these issues which have always existed and probably not something you have ever bothered about before. Ship demolition in India and Turkiye for example. Mining in Africa etc. The deaths injuries are a stain on the Qatari nation.

Theoretically the lot of migrant labour has improved as a result of the WC2022. You will have noted Abu Dhabi and Qatar have had a building boom well before the WC. Zero publicity for them probably under the same terms and conditions.

Action is being taken to bring Qatar up to better standards. H and S coming to Qatar and not before time. These issues are sitting on the ministers table and questions are being asked. Other focus on LGBT issues again on the plate of the minister. hopefully laws made and applied.

So wat is your solution? You have none. An all white Christian Western democratic world cup?

Welsh rugby icons actually played in all white skinned rugby tournaments 1974. Few complained . Some of the white skinned sportsmen earn a crust of the Western Mail still. None have apologised.

Lets not beat around the bush. Qatar has horrendous human rights.
Doesn't care about the sport of football.
Had to bribe Fifa officials to hold the World Cup there.

But dont worry gradually they will become civilised, im afraid that its a bit late.

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 19:27 - Jul 6 with 1361 viewsReslovenSwan1

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 17:29 - Jul 6 by BryanSwan

But dont worry gradually they will become civilised, im afraid that its a bit late.

I would not disagree with that. FIFA architects of this tournament is a Swiss organisation governed by Swiss law.

Judging by the people running it I would imagine all world cups have been subject to
to bribery. Qatar is no exception in that respect.

There has been a construction boom in Arabia for 4 decades. The issues of HR have always been there. This WC has highlighted them and hopefully led to improvements as it is under the authority of a Swiss organisation who have been called to account for once.

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 19:49 - Jul 6 with 1318 viewsBryanSwan

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 19:27 - Jul 6 by ReslovenSwan1

I would not disagree with that. FIFA architects of this tournament is a Swiss organisation governed by Swiss law.

Judging by the people running it I would imagine all world cups have been subject to
to bribery. Qatar is no exception in that respect.

There has been a construction boom in Arabia for 4 decades. The issues of HR have always been there. This WC has highlighted them and hopefully led to improvements as it is under the authority of a Swiss organisation who have been called to account for once.

Has it highlighted them, Qatar released figures stating only 34 deaths were attributed to construction. However the real figure appears to be 6500+.
Fifa don't care about any of that as long as the brown envelopes keep rolling in.

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 21:02 - Jul 6 with 1270 viewsReslovenSwan1

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 19:49 - Jul 6 by BryanSwan

Has it highlighted them, Qatar released figures stating only 34 deaths were attributed to construction. However the real figure appears to be 6500+.
Fifa don't care about any of that as long as the brown envelopes keep rolling in.

I agree. Most seem to relate to working long hours in extreme heat. This has been going on for years presumably. 2 or 3 deaths a day for 10 years. Blatter and co were aware of the heat but only focused on the players and fans.

UK has its own issues where no one has been held accountable either.

29,000 excess deaths due to Covid in UK care homes in 2020 attributable in some part to moving elderly people out of hospitals into care homes to free up beds without checks and controls.

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 21:24 - Jul 6 with 1237 viewsBoundy

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 17:03 - Jul 6 by ReslovenSwan1

Please explain.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 17:05]

Really ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 15:07 - Jul 8 with 1090 viewsReslovenSwan1

World Cup allocation tickets etc on 17:29 - Jul 6 by BryanSwan

You need to go after the Swiss, Bryan S. Blatter and Platini found not guilty.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2022/07/08/switzerland-fifa-sepp-blatter

Thats another country to knock off you bucket list perhaps?

A nice little cheque of $20k each as well. Justice at work.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2022 16:41]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024