Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 12 attacks... 20:36 - Aug 4 with 937 viewsCatullus

By Sunak and Truss, do we have two tories here who are finally willingbto treat Wales properly? It seems unlikely but strange things do happen,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/12-attacks-wales-devolution-liz-2466

The WOL dresses it as an attack on Wales, it's not though, its an atack on devolution and th Senedd. Some on here won't like that but if I can seriously ask the question, lets see how people are, if devolutin was reversed and whoever wins the tory race treats Wales better, would they accept the change?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The 12 attacks... on 20:55 - Aug 4 with 861 viewsSirjohnalot

I’ve very much against independence here or Scotland , but wow, Truss is a Poster Girl for it.
The 12 attacks... on 21:22 - Aug 4 with 838 viewsBryanSwan

If you believe that you'll believe anything.
Truss a day ago proposed slashing Welsh public sector workers wages during a cost of living crisis. How would that help anyone?
Its all a show and a sham at the end of the day.

If i thought Wales would be treated fairly and better off within the UK i would fully support it. Unfortunately i do not believe they have our best interests at heart ( the same as Scotland, N.Ire or the north of England).

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

The 12 attacks... on 22:22 - Aug 4 with 800 viewsBoundy

At least its been recognised by others that that we are poorly performing and have been ever since devolution . Tories as all political parties will say what they think we want to hear , taking positive action is an different matter .Reading the comment section on WoL then there's an awful lot who agree with the pair .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 12 attacks... on 22:37 - Aug 4 with 793 viewsbuilthjack

They should get their own house in order. Typical Tories. Cock up for years, then attack others .
Some are so dull they can't see it.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The 12 attacks... on 22:38 - Aug 4 with 792 viewsCatullus

The 12 attacks... on 21:22 - Aug 4 by BryanSwan

If you believe that you'll believe anything.
Truss a day ago proposed slashing Welsh public sector workers wages during a cost of living crisis. How would that help anyone?
Its all a show and a sham at the end of the day.

If i thought Wales would be treated fairly and better off within the UK i would fully support it. Unfortunately i do not believe they have our best interests at heart ( the same as Scotland, N.Ire or the north of England).

Did you read it properly? It seems not to me, you've seen the tories mentioned and launched straight into attack mode.

Lets try again, would you support devolution being reversed f Wales was better off?

PS, your first line, "it seems unlikely" answers that.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The 12 attacks... on 22:44 - Aug 4 with 784 viewsbuilthjack

Sunak will make tax cuts. In 2029.
This billionaire is deluded, totally out of touch with the real world.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The 12 attacks... on 22:51 - Aug 4 with 777 viewsCatullus

The 12 attacks... on 22:44 - Aug 4 by builthjack

Sunak will make tax cuts. In 2029.
This billionaire is deluded, totally out of touch with the real world.

I wouldn't say out of touch or deluded, I'd prefer to say cynical. He's a smiling assassin. The big difference is, Truss smiles less.

The 12 attacks... on 23:33 - Aug 4 with 747 viewsBryanSwan

The 12 attacks... on 22:38 - Aug 4 by Catullus

Did you read it properly? It seems not to me, you've seen the tories mentioned and launched straight into attack mode.

Lets try again, would you support devolution being reversed f Wales was better off?

PS, your first line, "it seems unlikely" answers that.

It doesnt just seem unlikely, it should be abundantly clear these two do not give a damn for anyone other than their own. They will say anything to win a few votes.
I dread to think what damage they will do over the next couple of years.

Unfortunately i believe having a government is a fundamental part of being a country. Without having our own government we would be but a region. I could support being a part of the UK with a Welsh Government, but never being in it without one.

Login to get fewer ads

The 12 attacks... on 15:13 - Aug 5 with 640 viewsCatullus

The 12 attacks... on 23:33 - Aug 4 by BryanSwan

It doesnt just seem unlikely, it should be abundantly clear these two do not give a damn for anyone other than their own. They will say anything to win a few votes.
I dread to think what damage they will do over the next couple of years.

Unfortunately i believe having a government is a fundamental part of being a country. Without having our own government we would be but a region. I could support being a part of the UK with a Welsh Government, but never being in it without one.

So even if Wales was definitely better off you wouldn't scrap devolution.

Surely that makes you part of the problem then? it's ideology getting in the way of pragmatism.
Personally I don't give a rats who is in charge or if Wales is a region if we were all better off.

That right there is a Labour voter and I am willing to bet a Tory wll be just as committed if the question was reversed.

The 12 attacks... on 15:19 - Aug 5 with 626 viewsWhiterockin

The 12 attacks... on 15:13 - Aug 5 by Catullus

Surely that makes you part of the problem then? it's ideology getting in the way of pragmatism.
Personally I don't give a rats who is in charge or if Wales is a region if we were all better off.

That right there is a Labour voter and I am willing to bet a Tory wll be just as committed if the question was reversed.

Put it another way. I am very anti Senedd, would I be pro Senedd if I thought Wales as a whole was better for it, absolutely yes. Its not about politics, its about what is best for the population of the whole of Wales.
The 12 attacks... on 15:23 - Aug 5 with 620 viewsBryanSwan

The 12 attacks... on 15:13 - Aug 5 by Catullus

I want my Country to remain just that, a Country. Becoming a region and losing any sort of identity on a world stage is not something I would want.
This is all hypothetical either way, and the toss up would never happen. The more likely scenario would be being badly off with devo, indy or as part of a sole UK gov. There being no better off with any of the options.

Again much like a number on here you assume wrong, I have never voted for Labour and I do not intend to in the immediate future either.

The 12 attacks... on 18:51 - Aug 5 with 581 viewsDr_Winston

Wales hasn't been a country in the usual sense for the best part of a thousand years. Get over it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The 12 attacks... on 19:19 - Aug 5 with 569 viewsCatullus

The 12 attacks... on 15:23 - Aug 5 by BryanSwan

I want my Country to remain just that, a Country. Becoming a region and losing any sort of identity on a world stage is not something I would want.
This is all hypothetical either way, and the toss up would never happen. The more likely scenario would be being badly off with devo, indy or as part of a sole UK gov. There being no better off with any of the options.

Again much like a number on here you assume wrong, I have never voted for Labour and I do not intend to in the immediate future either.

I apologise for the Labour comment but again, you didn't answer the question, you changed the scenario instead.

Whatever the likley scenario is, the question remains, if we were better off under a UK government would you go with it and the answer is still no?

Is "identity" on the world stage really more important than Wales being better off, is it better to be Welsh and ruined rather than be British and better off?

The 12 attacks... on 20:16 - Aug 5 with 544 viewsBryanSwan

The 12 attacks... on 19:19 - Aug 5 by Catullus

I apologise for the Labour comment but again, you didn't answer the question, you changed the scenario instead.

Whatever the likley scenario is, the question remains, if we were better off under a UK government would you go with it and the answer is still no?

Is "identity" on the world stage really more important than Wales being better off, is it better to be Welsh and ruined rather than be British and better off?

I would not choose to just purely be the United Kingdom, no. No matter the scenario. That is my answer.
Personal identity is important and trading that to gain wealth, would be a loss in my eyes.

The 12 attacks... on 21:03 - Aug 5 with 520 viewsGwyn737

The 12 attacks... on 19:19 - Aug 5 by Catullus

You’re making some excellent arguments that could be applied to remaining in the EU, Catt 😉
The 12 attacks... on 22:24 - Aug 5 with 505 viewsmajorraglan

My personal view is that we don’t have 2 Conservative politicians who are “willing to treat Wales properly” - just today we’ve seen footage of Sunak commenting on removing funding from deprived areas ( probably Labour strongholds) and channeling the funding in to traditional Conservative areas. We’ve also seen Liz Truss adopt then sharply U turn on the idea of regional pay for public servants which goes directly against the ethos of levelling up. Previously, when Boris was in a lot of bother a number of Tory MP’s reported that they’d been threatened by having funding withdrawn from projects in their constituencies.

I don’t have a high opinion of Boris, but when he secured the support of the red wall constituencies, he made positive noises about levelling up - that’s all but gone.

The country is in a mess, it comes to something when the Daily Telegraph describes the government’s handling for the economy during the last 12 years as underwhelming. It’s my genuine belief the current government are one of the worst we’ve ever had.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024