Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout 12:06 - Oct 12 with 2244 viewsWhiterockin

EFL TV deal: League willing to consider scrapping Saturday TV blackout - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/63226838

Good or bad for live matches in stadiums?
EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 12:48 - Oct 12 with 1689 viewsSTID2017

With economy going the way it is and likely to continue, I can see many paying to watch at home or legally down the pub or club as opposed to going to the game

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 14:12 - Oct 12 with 1649 viewsWhiterockin

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 12:48 - Oct 12 by STID2017

With economy going the way it is and likely to continue, I can see many paying to watch at home or legally down the pub or club as opposed to going to the game

It would make sense for a family. My only fear would be with the next generation of supporters not being use to a live sport event. Football is not football without crowds.
EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 18:31 - Oct 12 with 1575 viewsLuther27

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 14:12 - Oct 12 by Whiterockin

It would make sense for a family. My only fear would be with the next generation of supporters not being use to a live sport event. Football is not football without crowds.

Covid proved that when clubs were banned from attending. Since the rules were relaxed clubs have continued with a hung ho attitude of squeezing every penny out of us. Ok you don’t have to eat or drink inside the ground…but why not? Pay on the day price…circa £35? really? Parking £7? Season ticket no good if work doesn’t allow you to attend every match.
I’m just talking about Swans prices here….Premiership are in a different noddy land with theirs.
EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 18:52 - Oct 12 with 1556 viewsWhiterockin

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 18:31 - Oct 12 by Luther27

Covid proved that when clubs were banned from attending. Since the rules were relaxed clubs have continued with a hung ho attitude of squeezing every penny out of us. Ok you don’t have to eat or drink inside the ground…but why not? Pay on the day price…circa £35? really? Parking £7? Season ticket no good if work doesn’t allow you to attend every match.
I’m just talking about Swans prices here….Premiership are in a different noddy land with theirs.

And how much do you think a season ticket for swanstv would cost if they could legally show all the games in this country.
EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 19:40 - Oct 12 with 1531 viewsLuther27

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 18:52 - Oct 12 by Whiterockin

And how much do you think a season ticket for swanstv would cost if they could legally show all the games in this country.

Not a clue. But I doubt it would be cheaper than the highest price season ticket.
EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 20:26 - Oct 12 with 1498 viewsCatullus

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 18:52 - Oct 12 by Whiterockin

I reckon only home ST holders should be allowed to stream a game via their own club and keep that price cheap as a reward for being an ST holder. Lets say 23 games @ £5

Then make non ST holders pay £10 per game.

If any club or pub wants to stream it charge them 200 quid.

It being televised wouldn't stop me going to games. Being at the live event is still miles better than tv, except when you have no choice!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 22:24 - Oct 12 with 1446 viewsJack123

I think it would be good for the EFL.

I would think the majority of home fans, who can't make it to away games have access to watch the game themselves, or if not know somebody that does.. Seems everyone I talk to these days, watch the games on tv.

I think it's a case of, if we can't beat them, might as well join them.

libera nos a malo

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 14:01 - Oct 13 with 1355 viewsWhiterockin

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 20:26 - Oct 12 by Catullus

I reckon only home ST holders should be allowed to stream a game via their own club and keep that price cheap as a reward for being an ST holder. Lets say 23 games @ £5

Then make non ST holders pay £10 per game.

If any club or pub wants to stream it charge them 200 quid.

It being televised wouldn't stop me going to games. Being at the live event is still miles better than tv, except when you have no choice!

This would be a good proposal but the majority of supporters currently stream the matches illegally and the club knows this. How often on Swans TV at halftime do they do a shout out for supporters living in Swansea watching their coverage.
Login to get fewer ads

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 17:15 - Oct 13 with 1299 viewsCatullus

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 14:01 - Oct 13 by Whiterockin

This would be a good proposal but the majority of supporters currently stream the matches illegally and the club knows this. How often on Swans TV at halftime do they do a shout out for supporters living in Swansea watching their coverage.

is that because they know people use VPN's so they can watch? maybe, while it's technically not allowed, they don't really mind because they make money?

However, if they could make even more money from a proper stream everybody could buy, things may be different.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 17:39 - Oct 13 with 1287 viewsWhiterockin

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 17:15 - Oct 13 by Catullus

is that because they know people use VPN's so they can watch? maybe, while it's technically not allowed, they don't really mind because they make money?

However, if they could make even more money from a proper stream everybody could buy, things may be different.

The majority don't use a VPN but stream on a IPTV and Swans TV gets nothing. If the contract goes to a company like Amazon or similar Swans TV will no longer be in business unless the highest bidding use the individual clubs and the ifollow set up to provide the coverage. Even then I can't see how it can be profitable if people continue to use a IPTV. Every year the IPTV's are getting better at providing a glitch free service and avoiding issues.
EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 18:40 - Oct 13 with 1265 viewsKeithHaynes

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 17:39 - Oct 13 by Whiterockin

The majority don't use a VPN but stream on a IPTV and Swans TV gets nothing. If the contract goes to a company like Amazon or similar Swans TV will no longer be in business unless the highest bidding use the individual clubs and the ifollow set up to provide the coverage. Even then I can't see how it can be profitable if people continue to use a IPTV. Every year the IPTV's are getting better at providing a glitch free service and avoiding issues.

Most fans of course even at league one level are sick of the money that goes to players who really don’t care about the club that pays them thousands.

That’s where the issue is for me.

Why lay a tenner when you can get it for free ?

Shame I know but that’s reality.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 18:43 - Oct 13 with 1253 viewsunion_jack

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 17:15 - Oct 13 by Catullus

What is this VPN of which you speak ? Is it cheaper than flying out to NY every week like I do?

😁

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 18:55 - Oct 13 with 1249 viewsSTID2017

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 17:39 - Oct 13 by Whiterockin

I "was told by a friend" that VPN in lots of cases slows down and inhibits the quality of the service.
The same person told me that they don't bother with a VPN and using IPTV get a great stream most of the time.
Also, that it is not Joe Bloggs the end user that the authorities are trying to catch, but the providers and the middlemen

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 19:59 - Oct 13 with 1223 viewsWhiterockin

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 18:55 - Oct 13 by STID2017

I "was told by a friend" that VPN in lots of cases slows down and inhibits the quality of the service.
The same person told me that they don't bother with a VPN and using IPTV get a great stream most of the time.
Also, that it is not Joe Bloggs the end user that the authorities are trying to catch, but the providers and the middlemen

Your friend may well be correct. According to what I have read.
EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 20:02 - Oct 13 with 1217 viewsWhiterockin

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 18:40 - Oct 13 by KeithHaynes

Most fans of course even at league one level are sick of the money that goes to players who really don’t care about the club that pays them thousands.

And apparently you also get more choice of matches to watch.
EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 20:46 - Oct 13 with 1176 viewsKeithHaynes

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 20:02 - Oct 13 by Whiterockin

And apparently you also get more choice of matches to watch.

By all accounts.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 09:45 - Oct 14 with 1095 viewsCatullus

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 18:55 - Oct 13 by STID2017

I don't know about the quality being affected but the rest is pretty much what I've seen too.

They manage to clamp down on the EPL games being broadcast though, didnt they? I guess when big money is involved they make more effort.

They'd go after the suppliers because that's where the money is, there's nothing much to be made by prosecuting householders.

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 11:36 - Oct 14 with 1053 viewsSTID2017

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 09:45 - Oct 14 by Catullus

I don't know about the quality being affected but the rest is pretty much what I've seen too.

They manage to clamp down on the EPL games being broadcast though, didnt they? I guess when big money is involved they make more effort.

They'd go after the suppliers because that's where the money is, there's nothing much to be made by prosecuting householders.

Yes very much the case that it is probably driven by Sky etc, to find and shut down the suppliers.
Some end users have feared a knock on the door but I have known local suppliers and end users who have had IPTV and it's forerunners for a very long time

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 12:22 - Oct 14 with 1029 viewsunion_jack

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 11:36 - Oct 14 by STID2017

Yes very much the case that it is probably driven by Sky etc, to find and shut down the suppliers.
Some end users have feared a knock on the door but I have known local suppliers and end users who have had IPTV and it's forerunners for a very long time

A polite chap with a nice smile on the door should put the inspectors’ minds at ease. No need to check then.

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 13:22 - Oct 14 with 1002 viewsvetchonian

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 18:40 - Oct 13 by KeithHaynes

Is IPTV free then?

You are right Keith Money has killed sport...but since the 90s fans have bben happy to pay their SKy subscriptions allowing that organisation to then buy up all sport dictating KO times etc...the result of the "bribes" given to the clubs in "Broadcasting Rights" which in turn has led to the over payment of players...

Where do the fees for IPTV go?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 13:31 - Oct 14 with 998 viewsonehunglow

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 13:22 - Oct 14 by vetchonian

Is IPTV free then?

You are right Keith Money has killed sport...but since the 90s fans have bben happy to pay their SKy subscriptions allowing that organisation to then buy up all sport dictating KO times etc...the result of the "bribes" given to the clubs in "Broadcasting Rights" which in turn has led to the over payment of players...

I have had two devices to stream and they sit in the jink drawer now.
I’m happy to pay a tenner
Proper fan ,me .see.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 15:26 - Oct 14 with 969 viewsunion_jack

Is IPTV free then?

Do you mean Owen?

Im not a great fan of his but I doubt he’s got that much influence.

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 16:37 - Oct 14 with 951 viewsvetchonian

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 15:26 - Oct 14 by union_jack

Do you mean Owen?

Im not a great fan of his but I doubt he’s got that much influence.

well he is another ex football club chairman

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 16:57 - Oct 14 with 930 viewsWhiterockin

EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 13:31 - Oct 14 by onehunglow

I have had two devices to stream and they sit in the jink drawer now.
I’m happy to pay a tenner
Proper fan ,me .see.

How do you legally manage to view the home games?
EFL new TV contact with no 3pm KO blackout on 18:03 - Oct 14 with 896 viewsSTID2017

Is IPTV free then?

As I understand it the annual fee for IPTV giving you the whole package is less than the cost of two full price Swans home tickets

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024