Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scam Mail 21:25 - Jan 23 with 906 viewsSTID2017

Talking about it on BBC this morning.
Can particularly affect the vulnerable or elderly.
Basically you respond to a genuine looking letter telling you that you have won a prize.
Once you are hooked, you get put7 on a list, your details are sold on to other scammers and you get bombarded.
Can also then contact you by phone, text or email.
The poor woman on the programme lost an incredible £50k
Please if you have elderly or vulnerable relatives please check they have not succumb to this.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

0
Scam Mail on 08:09 - Jan 25 with 818 viewsswan65split

I dont respond to anything by e mail or phone sent to me.

Any issues with who ever your dealing with when you contact them, just explain "afraid of scam"
0
Scam Mail on 10:32 - Jan 25 with 771 viewsCountyJim

The won a prize letter is older than the internet it's been going on years

It's like the scam caller/email's older brother
0
Scam Mail on 11:43 - Jan 25 with 755 viewsonehunglow

Scam Mail on 08:09 - Jan 25 by swan65split

I dont respond to anything by e mail or phone sent to me.

Any issues with who ever your dealing with when you contact them, just explain "afraid of scam"


Absolutely the right way
Every vulnerable person should be told not to interact with anyone they do not know via these methods .
Write me a letter is a good mantra

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

1
Scam Mail on 12:02 - Jan 25 with 751 viewsCountyJim

Scam Mail on 11:43 - Jan 25 by onehunglow

Absolutely the right way
Every vulnerable person should be told not to interact with anyone they do not know via these methods .
Write me a letter is a good mantra


That's the whole point it's scam mail
0
Scam Mail on 22:40 - Jan 25 with 709 viewsbritferry

anyone catch the Alexis Conran's "Phone Scams" program on channel 5 tonight?

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

0
Scam Mail on 09:49 - Jan 26 with 669 views1983

I never answer the "house" phone and have not done so well before covid ! It's always Clive from Amazon or Susan from BT. Same with my mobile with no number and when talking to Doctors, Hospitals...etc I always tell them this when they take my details and tell them to always leave a message or and a return contact number.
I don't do any social media FB,Twitter, tiktok ...etc and why would you? with pictures of your house,your car, your life....strange? I leave that for the kids,chavs,the show off's and the needy, apart from internal emails in work on average I send 1 or 2 emails a week.We are a no cold calling cul de sac registered with our local council and any cold calling we report straight away to them. Junk mail is straight in the recycle bin with my name and address ripped off The more you keep yourself under the radar the better 👍Keep your friends & family close.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2023 9:51]

Stop The Boats !
Poll: Do you support the arrival of illegal immigrants

0
Scam Mail on 12:26 - Jan 26 with 641 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

I received an email asking for all my bank details and I was worried for a minute that it might be a scam but it turned out it was from the Nigerian minister of finance so I knew I could trust him.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

0
Scam Mail on 14:37 - Jan 27 with 599 viewsSTID2017

Scam Mail on 09:49 - Jan 26 by 1983

I never answer the "house" phone and have not done so well before covid ! It's always Clive from Amazon or Susan from BT. Same with my mobile with no number and when talking to Doctors, Hospitals...etc I always tell them this when they take my details and tell them to always leave a message or and a return contact number.
I don't do any social media FB,Twitter, tiktok ...etc and why would you? with pictures of your house,your car, your life....strange? I leave that for the kids,chavs,the show off's and the needy, apart from internal emails in work on average I send 1 or 2 emails a week.We are a no cold calling cul de sac registered with our local council and any cold calling we report straight away to them. Junk mail is straight in the recycle bin with my name and address ripped off The more you keep yourself under the radar the better 👍Keep your friends & family close.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2023 9:51]


I do FB, but not to show what I had for dinner, or pictures of my latest acquisition.
The ones I don't get are people saying "Just off this morning to ... for two weeks"
May as well put a post up saying "Hey Mr Burglar, help yourself, key is under the mat"
Shred everything I don't need to keep.
Don't give an info to unknown callers.
I have had some emails from some lovely sounding ladies.
May reply to them later

What do you mean they don't really want me ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026