Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🔴 Increase in users on the Indy 11:54 - May 3 with 6578 viewsKeithHaynes

New users info.

Due to the huge increase in new members and marketing positivity ⬇️

1. We respect posts that do not attack other users but use adult dialogue to discuss topics. Dont bring bad habits from elsewhere that cause sites to close or the owners give up.

2. We are linked to the brain tumour charity, and despite a handful of people looking to undermine that since our inception every post you make should have consideration for the charity, its goals and objectives. Think, “how would I feel if the owners of this website started bad mouthing and running down my website if I did the same as a result of a family member dying”

3. So, everyone is welcome, bar those who know they have no chance of coming on here, they know who they are. Swansea Independent is the biggest and most visited Swansea fans website. It is made vibrant by your contributions and support.

4. Every topic is welcome as long as it is well thought out.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

11
🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 19:34 - May 3 with 4924 viewsKeithHaynes

Never has been a skinhead, never will be a skinhead, those that know, know.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 19:39 - May 3 with 4895 viewsonehunglow

🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 19:34 - May 3 by KeithHaynes

Never has been a skinhead, never will be a skinhead, those that know, know.


I’ve always liked long hair
I’m not gay curious but I’ve always thought Mediterranean men with long dark hair and olive skin did well with ladies
I wish I’d been born ginger free but it’s my Celtic roots
I’m pure blood Welsh sadly

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 19:49 - May 3 with 4868 viewsKeithHaynes

🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 19:39 - May 3 by onehunglow

I’ve always liked long hair
I’m not gay curious but I’ve always thought Mediterranean men with long dark hair and olive skin did well with ladies
I wish I’d been born ginger free but it’s my Celtic roots
I’m pure blood Welsh sadly


It’s the pretend ones you have to watch.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

1
🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 22:59 - May 3 with 4700 viewsWingstandwood

Sorry accidently down arrowed after giving an up arrow there.

Argus!

2
🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 11:49 - May 4 with 4451 viewsonehunglow

🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 22:59 - May 3 by Wingstandwood

Sorry accidently down arrowed after giving an up arrow there.


Nobody uparrows me

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

2
🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 11:54 - May 4 with 4456 viewsWingstandwood

🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 11:49 - May 4 by onehunglow

Nobody uparrows me


What I haven't done for quite a while is accidently do a repeat post on a thread where a reply/comment appeared 2-3 times, it used to happen rather a lot with me for some reason.
[Post edited 4 May 13:25]

Argus!

0
🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 12:04 - May 4 with 4400 viewsonehunglow

🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 11:54 - May 4 by Wingstandwood

What I haven't done for quite a while is accidently do a repeat post on a thread where a reply/comment appeared 2-3 times, it used to happen rather a lot with me for some reason.
[Post edited 4 May 13:25]


It might be age Wingy
Btw, I read that thread on JA
I had to have a lie down afterwards
Just incredible
I’ve often said is Welsh are genetically divided in every way
It’s why we turn on each other and why independence would see serious disorder
Some don’t see it
You have to be honest if only with yourself

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

1
🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 19:28 - May 4 with 4304 viewsjack_lord

🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 19:39 - May 3 by onehunglow

I’ve always liked long hair
I’m not gay curious but I’ve always thought Mediterranean men with long dark hair and olive skin did well with ladies
I wish I’d been born ginger free but it’s my Celtic roots
I’m pure blood Welsh sadly


All my Lewis ancestry members' have dark hair and dark eyes Rich :)

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

0
Login to get fewer ads

🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 08:23 - May 5 with 4171 viewssons_of_omri

I’m not surprised with Phil’s site closing Keith.
0
🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 09:46 - May 5 with 4129 viewsonehunglow

🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 19:28 - May 4 by jack_lord

All my Lewis ancestry members' have dark hair and dark eyes Rich :)



Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 10:13 - May 5 with 4110 viewsunion_jack

🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 19:34 - May 3 by KeithHaynes

Never has been a skinhead, never will be a skinhead, those that know, know.


Is he the one who writes in a Scottish accent???🙄🤣

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

1
🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 19:48 - May 5 with 3906 viewsBoundy

🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 19:39 - May 3 by onehunglow

I’ve always liked long hair
I’m not gay curious but I’ve always thought Mediterranean men with long dark hair and olive skin did well with ladies
I wish I’d been born ginger free but it’s my Celtic roots
I’m pure blood Welsh sadly


I must confess I was a skinhean for a short while but loved the squede head period much more.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

1
🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 10:01 - May 6 with 3777 viewsonehunglow

🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 19:48 - May 5 by Boundy

I must confess I was a skinhean for a short while but loved the squede head period much more.


Jumps up in amazement
I just had long hair but not too long as I was very young Tesco manager and was always under pressure to cut it
Imagine that now
Ian McClaurin himself , an obnoxious shytehouse, on a visit told me that although the store looked good , I didn’t
FFS
I would never have tied it up in a pony tail though nor worn an Alice band
Imagine walking into the Criterion with long hair with a lady band on your hair

Floreat Swansea

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 20:53 - May 6 with 3684 viewsKeithHaynes

🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 19:48 - May 5 by Boundy

I must confess I was a skinhean for a short while but loved the squede head period much more.


Spirit of 69 mate.
Those that know know.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 02:23 - May 7 with 3566 viewsRobbie

Ben Sherman shirts , bracers and DMs on The North Bank but as a youngster felt so comfortable in that safe enviroment , my parents disapproved of me attending The Vetch .

Still enjoy MOTD and follow results on highlights tele but have never got involved with subscriptions and Pay per View policies and never will .

Appreciate an old dinosaurs reasoning will not be accepted these days .
1
🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 09:37 - May 7 with 3449 viewsKeithHaynes

And the first skinheads, the real ones came straight off the Windrush.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

1
🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 01:34 - May 8 with 3273 viewsRobbie

Harrington jackets available in Pictions Arcade are another sign of my last few remaining grey matter cells slowly doing a runner from my memory thought process .

Some books mid Seventies bigging up skinheads was replaced by suedeheads as the next new generation of thugs , I was denim clad in them days .

Put me in a pair of 501 Levis now but please expand the waistline tolerances available .
1
🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 02:24 - May 10 with 3109 viewsRobbie

🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 09:37 - May 7 by KeithHaynes

And the first skinheads, the real ones came straight off the Windrush.


Interesting background to look up on that and I will research that history .

Boover boys and DMs on the North Bank were a growing up experience as a youngster at The Vetch but never ever was I scared to attend a Swans home game .

Violence on the terraces and in surrounding Streets I got away asap especially after Tuesday night evening kick offs , get the bus stop which was where Wilko is now or was .
0
🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 10:25 - May 10 with 3033 viewsKeithHaynes

🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 02:24 - May 10 by Robbie

Interesting background to look up on that and I will research that history .

Boover boys and DMs on the North Bank were a growing up experience as a youngster at The Vetch but never ever was I scared to attend a Swans home game .

Violence on the terraces and in surrounding Streets I got away asap especially after Tuesday night evening kick offs , get the bus stop which was where Wilko is now or was .






The association with skinheads forced onto people is that they are right wing, When you look at the Windrush and the people coming off the ships from that era you see pork pie hats (for storing food for a working day hence the name) braces to hold up their trousers with boots. The music even in the very early sixties reflected a skinhead / ska influence. Desmond Dekker, Derrick Morgan, Laurel Aitken, Symarip and The Pioneers were all evident.

Some of the skinheads of the late seventies were just young dickheads, attached themselves to the punk scene. Plenty of punk / skinhead bands about then (and now) mostly anti fascist.


Skinhead Moonstomp


This is fun


This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 14:59 - May 10 with 2930 viewsKeithHaynes

The Indy is excelling on reports, keep on posting folks, 36 new subs this month, use it or lose it.


A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 18:10 - May 11 with 2752 viewsReslovenSwan1

I am a little concerned at the loss of the other site. A few of their posters were clearly a bit strange and filled with anger and frustration and the site might have been of therapeutic value with respect of course.

They had very little time for me before I was ejected brutally from the other failed site Scfc2. I did warn them that squashing debate and intolerance would lead to boredom and staleness. Remember Swansea Trust declined to sell any of their shares which were worth £21m.

All is not lost.I read West Hams revenue was a massive £230m. The cheapest cost of a Premier League team would be around £200m at a guess meaning the permanent 5% would be worth £10m. The current leadership did well to salvage that concession if is is as presented.
[Post edited 11 May 18:11]

Wise sage since Toshack era
Poll: Do Swansea city have enough centre backs?

0
🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 19:16 - May 11 with 2711 viewsKeithHaynes

🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 18:10 - May 11 by ReslovenSwan1

I am a little concerned at the loss of the other site. A few of their posters were clearly a bit strange and filled with anger and frustration and the site might have been of therapeutic value with respect of course.

They had very little time for me before I was ejected brutally from the other failed site Scfc2. I did warn them that squashing debate and intolerance would lead to boredom and staleness. Remember Swansea Trust declined to sell any of their shares which were worth £21m.

All is not lost.I read West Hams revenue was a massive £230m. The cheapest cost of a Premier League team would be around £200m at a guess meaning the permanent 5% would be worth £10m. The current leadership did well to salvage that concession if is is as presented.
[Post edited 11 May 18:11]


There’s debate and tolerance and there’s wanting to pursue a website and it’s charity since it started with venemous lies and pathetic harrasment. I would say there’s a few on Phils site and scfc2 (who I’m proud to say I had a hand in bringing down their forum) who need time out from being on the internet. You mentioned mental health, well maybe some time off from talking shit and looking for it online will help.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

3
🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 01:57 - May 12 with 2615 viewsRobbie

Took a liking to some ska music back in the early eighties , seem to remember a lot of the stuff came out of Coventry and The Midlands , Specials and Ghost Town was a good one .

Bad Manners and Busterblood vessel were great as an act , good fun as well .

Suggs and Madness are still having a go too and well done to them even now .
0
🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 11:12 - May 12 with 2487 viewsDemitrius

I'm glad there is strict moderation on here and posters mostly abide by the rules even when things get a little heated. It's non-existent elsewhere. I was particularly disgusted to see more than one user signing off posts with "Up the 'RA"....You have to question the mentality - 32 Welsh servicemen were murdered in cold blood a number of them from the Swansea area. Imagine one of the relatives browsing the site and reading that? No wonder Phil's sick of it and packing it in.

“Cunnilingus and Psychiatry brought us to this …”

3
🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 11:47 - May 12 with 2454 viewsonehunglow

🔴 Increase in users on the Indy on 11:12 - May 12 by Demitrius

I'm glad there is strict moderation on here and posters mostly abide by the rules even when things get a little heated. It's non-existent elsewhere. I was particularly disgusted to see more than one user signing off posts with "Up the 'RA"....You have to question the mentality - 32 Welsh servicemen were murdered in cold blood a number of them from the Swansea area. Imagine one of the relatives browsing the site and reading that? No wonder Phil's sick of it and packing it in.


I fully admit to getting OTT over the years but I try to be honest and say it as it is
This invariably upsets people
As regards the Irish question then there is no debate winner ergo it’s a pointless waste of our precious time left on this planet
For what it’s worth I think we are a very inwardly prone fan base and tear into each other on a way few other clubs do
I love this club but it’s not always a joy
Jacks should have no choice though , Swans or nowt

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026