Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career 09:10 - Apr 3 with 3269 viewsDarran

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Garry-Monk-urges-Swansea-City-tie-Ashley

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 11:06 - Apr 3 with 1863 viewsJACKARSE

Jobs for the boys .....
Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 11:07 - Apr 3 with 1854 viewsBaker

Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 11:06 - Apr 3 by JACKARSE

Jobs for the boys .....

Yup.

Keep knocking that wedge in between the squad, Gar

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 11:11 - Apr 3 with 1830 viewsDarran

Good CH that can captain us for a few more seasons.

Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 11:28 - Apr 3 with 1787 viewsZut_Alors

Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 11:11 - Apr 3 by Darran

Too right, Darran. Williams has been class for us and i'm sure Monk knows his value better than anyone.
Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 11:29 - Apr 3 with 1784 viewsBaker

Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 11:11 - Apr 3 by Darran

Not doubting that - I'd rather keep him than see him leave for a couple of mill.

You can almost see the thought process from AW though.

AW: Gar, do us a favour while your still the boss. Inflate my ego to the press a bit while your still in charge so I can trouser as much money out of this club one last time.

GM: OK Ash, will do. Just keep that Spanish lot in line and I'll text Vincent now.

Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 11:30 - Apr 3 with 1777 viewsDarran

Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 11:29 - Apr 3 by Baker

Not doubting that - I'd rather keep him than see him leave for a couple of mill.

You can almost see the thought process from AW though.

AW: Gar, do us a favour while your still the boss. Inflate my ego to the press a bit while your still in charge so I can trouser as much money out of this club one last time.

GM: OK Ash, will do. Just keep that Spanish lot in line and I'll text Vincent now.

Whos Vincent?

Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 11:38 - Apr 3 with 1755 viewsBaker

Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 11:30 - Apr 3 by Darran

Whos Vincent?

Gareth.

Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 11:50 - Apr 3 with 1716 viewsJACKARSE

Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 11:06 - Apr 3 by JACKARSE

Jobs for the boys .....

We survive in PL 2013/14
GM appointed permanent manger with AW player/assistant manger
Relegated 2014/15
Login to get fewer ads

Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 11:57 - Apr 3 with 1691 viewsDarran

Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 11:38 - Apr 3 by Baker

Gareth.

Ah right.

Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 11:59 - Apr 3 with 1686 viewsBaker

Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 11:57 - Apr 3 by Darran

Ah right.

I was going to put "scum journo c*nt" but thought better of it as this is a family site

Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 12:03 - Apr 3 with 1671 viewsUxbridge

GIVE MY BEST MATE LOADS OF LOVELY MONEY!!!!!!

Well, somebody had to. Not that I agree mind. Williams is probably our most important player. Have to do all we can to keep him.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 12:17 - Apr 3 with 1631 viewsSpratty

Interesting article

"Williams has spoken recently of an added desire to do well for the sake of Monk"

If our Captain cannot give his absolute best regardless of his great pal being the manager then perhaps that is not the best attitude for our Captain.

Fair play get behind your butt - quid pro quo - shove the power hierarchy in the other players faces - What about Tatey - swans legend - predates Ash - not influential enough?

Should our past limit our future or do we need a more objective / experienced eye to get the best out of both. Certainly these players were v.important for us and have been paid well for that and as long as they provide VFM contribution fine. But they should not be used merely as a crutch to hang on to power / milk the prem pot.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"But for me, Ash should finish his career here, and the club should do all they can to make him a priority.

"Whoever the manager is, Ash should finish his career here because he is an integral part of what this club stands for.

"The likes of him and Leon (Britton), people like that, are an integral part of Swansea City.

"They are what the club has been built on and they are the image of this club.

"For me they are some of the most important players this club have ever had, and we have to make sure they are here pushing their values on to the other players, and all the new players who come in, for years to come."
Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 12:43 - Apr 3 with 1560 viewsPrivate_Partz

I don't doubt the commitment of AW. However if arsenal offer him twice his wages then he will be off. Can't blame him at this stage of his career. I am certain we would not attempt to match those wages.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2014 13:28]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 13:02 - Apr 3 with 1505 viewsmonmouth

I honestly can't understand why Ashley Williams is not touted as a 'True Jack Legend' when that phrase is wheeled out for others. Unlike Trundle - and Leon for that matter - he has not p1ssed off at the first sniff of something supposedly better. He has been with us throughout our best days, played almost every sodding game, rarely let anyone down and cost us 5% of sod all. Of course we should be trying to tie him down until he needs replaced and if that costs us a Lita, vasquez or EmGog wage to do it, then I don't give two hoots.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 13:12 - Apr 3 with 1477 viewsPrivate_Partz

No harm in making the effort but it would take more than those players wages if arsenal wanted to flash the cash. We also have Huw' s wage structure which I have no problem with. Provided it is realistic.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2014 13:18]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 13:13 - Apr 3 with 1472 viewsDarran

Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 13:02 - Apr 3 by monmouth

I honestly can't understand why Ashley Williams is not touted as a 'True Jack Legend' when that phrase is wheeled out for others. Unlike Trundle - and Leon for that matter - he has not p1ssed off at the first sniff of something supposedly better. He has been with us throughout our best days, played almost every sodding game, rarely let anyone down and cost us 5% of sod all. Of course we should be trying to tie him down until he needs replaced and if that costs us a Lita, vasquez or EmGog wage to do it, then I don't give two hoots.

Spot on.

Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 17:02 - Apr 3 with 1304 viewsAngelRangelQS

Tying Williams down to a new contract to effectively finish his career would be fantastic news.

Don't understand the criticism of him and monk on this thread to be fair. If anyone deserves a new contract on big money it's Williams. Unlike the Lita, Tiendalli, Bartley, etc etc of this world who are mugging a living off us without ever contributing anything
Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 21:58 - Apr 3 with 1186 viewsWarwickHunt

Have a word with Jenkins then innit...

Bigging up his mate in the EP - what a cozy set up there is at the moment.
Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 21:59 - Apr 3 with 1179 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Was it not Roberto who gave ludicrous contracts to his friends shortly before he left for pastures new? I hope we've moved on from that sort of thing.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 22:26 - Apr 3 with 1141 viewsC_jack

Tieing him up? Well at least Garry is experimenting with different methods.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 22:30 - Apr 3 with 1134 viewsjacabertawe

Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 13:13 - Apr 3 by Darran

Spot on.

Absolutely. A great servant to the club, terrific and committed player and all-round tidy bloke.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 22:39 - Apr 3 with 1118 viewsC_jack

Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 13:02 - Apr 3 by monmouth

Ash has been a great servant to the club and community, and I never know what to believe in the media, but let's not sugar coat it, over the last 4/5 years he's been waiting for that big offer to come in and materialise, and if it had, he'd have been gone like a shot, that I'm confident.

I left the country last year amid claims from 'rock solid sources' that he was 100% an Arsenal player, I don't think he was getting a positive response about his loyalty.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 23:56 - Apr 3 with 1032 viewsTom1912

Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 22:39 - Apr 3 by C_jack

Ash has been a great servant to the club and community, and I never know what to believe in the media, but let's not sugar coat it, over the last 4/5 years he's been waiting for that big offer to come in and materialise, and if it had, he'd have been gone like a shot, that I'm confident.

I left the country last year amid claims from 'rock solid sources' that he was 100% an Arsenal player, I don't think he was getting a positive response about his loyalty.

I'd hate to see Ash go too, but it was fairly drastic of you to leave the country over it.
Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 00:13 - Apr 4 with 1020 viewsDrizzy

I f*cking hate it when this same old argument is brought up. ANY of our players would f*ck off if another team doubled their wages and gifted them a nice fat signing bonus. Leon f*cked off to Sheffield United, Trundle f*cked off to Bristol City and Ash would have f*cked off to Arsenal had it materialised. If Tate was good enough to play at higher level he'd have f*cked off too and same goes for Monk.

Ash has consistently performed at a high standard at this club for 6 years. He played a role in our promotion from League One. He was pivotal in our promotion from the Championship and he's grown to become one of the better central defenders in the highest tier of English football. Oh yeah and he won a major trophy and captained the side in Europe.

He epitomises the Swansea way. He came to us as a good young athlete but cumbersome centre back who was prone to a lot of mental errors. Over the last few years he's evolved into a colossus. Powerful, intelligent, commanding and efficient in possession. Everything this style of football demands from a centre half. So what if he sulks a bit? So what if he posts picture of himself on Twitter with Rio Ferdinand? Who gives a f*ck?

Ashley Williams will go down as one of the best defenders in Swansea City history.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 00:15 - Apr 4 with 1018 viewsDarran

Monk urges Swans to tie up Williams for career on 00:13 - Apr 4 by Drizzy

I f*cking hate it when this same old argument is brought up. ANY of our players would f*ck off if another team doubled their wages and gifted them a nice fat signing bonus. Leon f*cked off to Sheffield United, Trundle f*cked off to Bristol City and Ash would have f*cked off to Arsenal had it materialised. If Tate was good enough to play at higher level he'd have f*cked off too and same goes for Monk.

Ash has consistently performed at a high standard at this club for 6 years. He played a role in our promotion from League One. He was pivotal in our promotion from the Championship and he's grown to become one of the better central defenders in the highest tier of English football. Oh yeah and he won a major trophy and captained the side in Europe.

He epitomises the Swansea way. He came to us as a good young athlete but cumbersome centre back who was prone to a lot of mental errors. Over the last few years he's evolved into a colossus. Powerful, intelligent, commanding and efficient in possession. Everything this style of football demands from a centre half. So what if he sulks a bit? So what if he posts picture of himself on Twitter with Rio Ferdinand? Who gives a f*ck?

Ashley Williams will go down as one of the best defenders in Swansea City history.

Can't argue with that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024