Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
About deGuzman from a Villareal site 13:45 - Jul 15 with 3387 viewsDavillin

Make of this what you will.

In an article about Villaral's pre-season preparations, this about deGuzman:

"Now that the World Cup is over, Jonathan de Guzmán's future needs to be resolved. It's likely he will stay at Swansea, but they need to stump up the money. Apparently Olympique Lyonnais is interested in him as well."

http://www.villarrealusa.com/2014/7/15/5900555/practices-start-today-for-villarr

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

About deGuzman from a Villareal site on 14:00 - Jul 15 with 3257 viewsJACKARSE

Promising .....
About deGuzman from a Villareal site on 14:34 - Jul 15 with 3081 viewsswanduck

I wonder how much they want to him, and whether the couple of million we have no doubt paid in loan fees will be considered?

Or maybe we want him on loan again lol.
About deGuzman from a Villareal site on 14:36 - Jul 15 with 3046 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I would have thought we'd have agreed a 'future fee' when we agreed the loan deal many months ago?

If we didn't, knowing he was possibly off to the World Cup in the Summer where his talents would be seen by every manager in the world then it is ludicrous.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

About deGuzman from a Villareal site on 14:51 - Jul 15 with 2969 viewsTom1912

About deGuzman from a Villareal site on 14:36 - Jul 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I would have thought we'd have agreed a 'future fee' when we agreed the loan deal many months ago?

If we didn't, knowing he was possibly off to the World Cup in the Summer where his talents would be seen by every manager in the world then it is ludicrous.

Villareal, also knowing he would be off to the World Cup might not have wanted to agree such a fee.

And considering he didn't have a great tournament I don't think we're in a worse position anyway.
About deGuzman from a Villareal site on 15:08 - Jul 15 with 2848 viewsShaky

So the debate continues to rage. Will he stay or will he go, and if it is the former for how much?

Who knows? Certainly not some US fan site, that's for sure.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

About deGuzman from a Villareal site on 16:03 - Jul 15 with 2617 viewsicecoldjack

About deGuzman from a Villareal site on 14:51 - Jul 15 by Tom1912

Villareal, also knowing he would be off to the World Cup might not have wanted to agree such a fee.

And considering he didn't have a great tournament I don't think we're in a worse position anyway.

Bit harsh considering he was battling with de jong and shcneider for a place in the team.
About deGuzman from a Villareal site on 16:07 - Jul 15 with 2583 viewsTom1912

About deGuzman from a Villareal site on 16:03 - Jul 15 by icecoldjack

Bit harsh considering he was battling with de jong and shcneider for a place in the team.

Don't think it's harsh to say he didn't do anything to inflate his value.

Which is a good thing for us.
About deGuzman from a Villareal site on 17:17 - Jul 15 with 2309 viewsDavillin

About deGuzman from a Villareal site on 16:03 - Jul 15 by icecoldjack

I read somewhere that in each game that deGuzman played, Holland scored three goals. And in no other games.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Login to get fewer ads

About deGuzman from a Villareal site on 17:25 - Jul 15 with 2264 viewskarnataka

About deGuzman from a Villareal site on 16:07 - Jul 15 by Tom1912

Don't think it's harsh to say he didn't do anything to inflate his value.

Which is a good thing for us.

I don't think de Guzman was ever a secret that only we knew about so I'd agree that his value is pretty much the same as it was about a year ago.

I do think he's a very important player for the way we play though and I reckon he's savvy enough to realise that it's the way he plays in the Swansea set up that has made him a regular in the Dutch squad because he wasn't before and I'm sure he'd want that to continue which is why, all other things being equal, he may well favour a return to us.
About deGuzman from a Villareal site on 17:32 - Jul 15 with 2214 viewsSilverSurfer

I think we have always been confident of JDG staying here, the official site kept referring to his WC success and Monk said in an interview recently about him wearing his medal when he comes back.

So fingers crossed
About deGuzman from a Villareal site on 20:34 - Jul 15 with 1767 viewskarnataka

About deGuzman from a Villareal site on 17:32 - Jul 15 by SilverSurfer

I think we have always been confident of JDG staying here, the official site kept referring to his WC success and Monk said in an interview recently about him wearing his medal when he comes back.

So fingers crossed

The fact that the club/manager seem so relaxed about the JdG situation would either mean that it's already been sorted or they just don't care. Pretty sure it can't be the latter.
About deGuzman from a Villareal site on 20:37 - Jul 15 with 1748 viewsexiledclaseboy

About deGuzman from a Villareal site on 17:17 - Jul 15 by Davillin

I read somewhere that in each game that deGuzman played, Holland scored three goals. And in no other games.

It was 1-1 (I think) when he was substituted against Spain. Within 20 minutes Holland had scored four more.

Poll: Tory leader

About deGuzman from a Villareal site on 21:36 - Jul 15 with 1561 viewsKingBony

About deGuzman from a Villareal site on 20:34 - Jul 15 by karnataka

The fact that the club/manager seem so relaxed about the JdG situation would either mean that it's already been sorted or they just don't care. Pretty sure it can't be the latter.

Never mind about JDG who's that in your avatar Karnataka?

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

About deGuzman from a Villareal site on 00:18 - Jul 16 with 1304 viewskarnataka

About deGuzman from a Villareal site on 21:36 - Jul 15 by KingBony

Never mind about JDG who's that in your avatar Karnataka?

Oh her? That's the missus.

But seriously, it's the impossibly gorgeous Sharon den Adel, lead singer of Dutch symphonic metal band, Within Temptation. Arguably one of the worlds best looking rock chicks ever but without question the most stunning woman I've ever met. My recent avatars have mostly been various pics of her. Check out a few WT videos on YouTube and you'll see what I mean!
About deGuzman from a Villareal site on 01:47 - Jul 16 with 1218 viewsHighjack

About deGuzman from a Villareal site on 20:37 - Jul 15 by exiledclaseboy

It was 1-1 (I think) when he was substituted against Spain. Within 20 minutes Holland had scored four more.

Yes so by going off, he helped the team immensely. So we need to splash out the big bucks to sign him so we can bring him off and score 4 goals in 20 minutes.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About deGuzman from a Villareal site on 03:37 - Jul 16 with 1160 viewsGlyn1

About deGuzman from a Villareal site on 01:47 - Jul 16 by Highjack

Yes so by going off, he helped the team immensely. So we need to splash out the big bucks to sign him so we can bring him off and score 4 goals in 20 minutes.

That's a crazy plan, but it just might work.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024