Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brendan under the cosh 17:47 - Nov 15 with 5440 viewshydraulicjack

Oh dear
http://metro.co.uk/2014/11/15/liverpool-owners-begin-assessing-whether-to-sack-b

********************TRUST NO-ONE************************

Brendan under the cosh on 17:58 - Nov 15 with 3321 viewsPrivate_Partz

There is no doubt that Liverpool punched way above their weight last season and, had there been a slight improvement on the previous campaign, then I doubt there would be the hue and cry that we have at the moment.
There seems to be a recognition that Van Gaal has 3 years to get his house in order whereas it looks like Brenda has no such luxury despite starting from a lower base.
Having said that I have little sympathy for him just as I will feel the same if the tide continues to turn against Martinez.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Brendan under the cosh on 18:08 - Nov 15 with 3259 viewsGixerJack

Brendan under the cosh on 17:58 - Nov 15 by Private_Partz

There is no doubt that Liverpool punched way above their weight last season and, had there been a slight improvement on the previous campaign, then I doubt there would be the hue and cry that we have at the moment.
There seems to be a recognition that Van Gaal has 3 years to get his house in order whereas it looks like Brenda has no such luxury despite starting from a lower base.
Having said that I have little sympathy for him just as I will feel the same if the tide continues to turn against Martinez.

Isn't Brenda in his third year though?
Brendan under the cosh on 18:09 - Nov 15 with 3250 viewsDarran

I don't think they were punching above their weight last season and I f*cking detest Liverpool with a passion but surely anyone that can't see the difference being without Sturridge and Suarez makes shouldn't be anywhere near football.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2014 18:11]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Brendan under the cosh on 18:12 - Nov 15 with 3236 viewskarnataka

It just shows the extent to which Suarez carried them last term. The only thing that may save Brenda is getting Sturridge fit and hope he goes on a fantastic scoring spree,
Brendan under the cosh on 18:14 - Nov 15 with 3218 viewsGowerjack

I can't understand the hatred shown to RM & BR

Move on is it?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Brendan under the cosh on 18:48 - Nov 15 with 3097 viewskarnataka

Brendan under the cosh on 18:14 - Nov 15 by Gowerjack

Move on is it?

I wouldn't say "having little sympathy" and "hatred" were one and the same, in fact I'd say they were some way apart.
Brendan under the cosh on 19:01 - Nov 15 with 3041 viewsorion3016

Spoke to quite a few scoucers during our cup game and as we sing " Brendan Rogers they don't sing your name"

Be over there now after

Brendan under the cosh on 19:09 - Nov 15 with 3010 viewslatchford

The grass isn't always greener Brenda.
Login to get fewer ads

Brendan under the cosh on 19:14 - Nov 15 with 2989 viewspencoedjack

Move on is it?

I hope they both have the sack and end up back at Reading and Chester

They owe us far more than we owe them.
Brendan under the cosh on 19:16 - Nov 15 with 2983 viewsMusical_Swan

Brendan under the cosh on 18:12 - Nov 15 by karnataka

It just shows the extent to which Suarez carried them last term. The only thing that may save Brenda is getting Sturridge fit and hope he goes on a fantastic scoring spree,

Can't see Sturridge being as effective without the Toothy one helping him out. Doesn't do enough without the ball for me.

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

Brendan under the cosh on 19:31 - Nov 15 with 2917 viewsGundog

I think you have to look at this logically, when Brenda was in charge of Swansea
he was in charge of an ever improving Swansea side. when your an outsider looking
in ie. Liverpool, your thinking I like the look of this manager ( just like Wigan did
with Martinez ) but what they do not realise is this Swansea team is ever evolving
and every manager including the Monkster is just another progressing wheel
in the story that is Swansea City FC.

Poll: should Leon still be the main man in midfield

Brendan under the cosh on 19:32 - Nov 15 with 2912 viewsOldjack

Brendan under the cosh on 18:09 - Nov 15 by Darran

I don't think they were punching above their weight last season and I f*cking detest Liverpool with a passion but surely anyone that can't see the difference being without Sturridge and Suarez makes shouldn't be anywhere near football.

Liverpool fans hate manure fans with a passion you manc minge

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Brendan under the cosh on 19:35 - Nov 15 with 2880 viewsPrivate_Partz

Brendan under the cosh on 18:09 - Nov 15 by Darran

Hence my comment they were punching above their weight. The Toothy one was carrying them and they are not as good without him.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Brendan under the cosh on 19:40 - Nov 15 with 2855 viewsPrivate_Partz

Brendan under the cosh on 18:08 - Nov 15 by GixerJack

Isn't Brenda in his third year though?

Yes and it is only one third through. Also they were pretty grim when he took over and had nowhere near the success of Man U in recent seasons.
It is the usual delusional big club syndrome and he may very well fall victim if this speculation is true.
Anyway i don't know why I am defending him ;-)
[Post edited 15 Nov 2014 19:44]

Brendan under the cosh on 19:40 - Nov 15 with 2851 viewsDarran

Brendan under the cosh on 19:35 - Nov 15 by Private_Partz

Hence my comment they were punching above their weight. The Toothy one was carrying them and they are not as good without him.

But that's not punching above their weight mun.
No wonder I rarely post on here these days.

Brendan under the cosh on 19:41 - Nov 15 with 2843 viewsPrivate_Partz

Move on is it?

Not me. Don't like em but will defend them when I think that are being treated unfairly. ;-)
[Post edited 15 Nov 2014 19:42]

Brendan under the cosh on 19:43 - Nov 15 with 2823 viewsJackfath

Does one think Mr Monk will eventually get his head turned by a "larger" club?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Brendan under the cosh on 19:47 - Nov 15 with 2804 viewsPrivate_Partz

Brendan under the cosh on 19:40 - Nov 15 by Darran

But that's not punching above their weight mun.
No wonder I rarely post on here these days.

They punched above their weight because one player carried them. The whole team was not good enough.
And if you are so fragile to not post on here because of my views then you actually do have my sympathy ;-)

Brendan under the cosh on 19:48 - Nov 15 with 2789 viewsPrivate_Partz

Brendan under the cosh on 19:43 - Nov 15 by Jackfath

A yes from me. I trust no one after Martinez.

Brendan under the cosh on 19:48 - Nov 15 with 2789 viewsGundog

This is an interesting question, will the Monkster be influenced by money and a bigger club?. Been here before haven't we.

Poll: should Leon still be the main man in midfield

Brendan under the cosh on 19:49 - Nov 15 with 2780 viewsDarran

Brendan under the cosh on 19:47 - Nov 15 by Private_Partz

They punched above their weight because one player carried them. The whole team was not good enough.
And if you are so fragile to not post on here because of my views then you actually do have my sympathy ;-)

So if Suarez and Sturridge were in the side for the next five seasons and finished 2nd they'd be punching above their weight would they?
WTF you on about Man?

Brendan under the cosh on 19:58 - Nov 15 with 2748 viewsPrivate_Partz

Brendan under the cosh on 19:49 - Nov 15 by Darran

So if Suarez and Sturridge were in the side for the next five seasons and finished 2nd they'd be punching above their weight would they?
WTF you on about Man?

Nope I am saying they would have to have improved as a team.
Just to clarify, I am saying the team was not good enough and was in a false position because of the Toothy One. The TEAM punched above its weight.
Liverpool as a club most certainly did not as they are big enough to progress in future but with the right team.
Tell you what. If I withdraw the 'punching above their weight' thingy and say 'the team as a whole were not good enough and were carried by one player' will that help you chill out a bit :-)

Brendan under the cosh on 20:33 - Nov 15 with 2634 viewsHighjack

If he doesn't his misses probably will and he'll end up doing a sinclair.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Brendan under the cosh on 20:36 - Nov 15 with 2613 viewssully49

Brendan under the cosh on 19:16 - Nov 15 by Musical_Swan

Can't see Sturridge being as effective without the Toothy one helping him out. Doesn't do enough without the ball for me.

It just kills the old adage that 1 man can make a team.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Brendan under the cosh on 21:18 - Nov 15 with 2491 viewsLeonisGod

Brendan under the cosh on 19:09 - Nov 15 by latchford

The grass isn't always greener Brenda.

Bigger salary, bit on the side, new teeth, nearly winning the league and Champions League football suggest his grass is fairly green
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024