Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have we got a game this weekend 19:20 - Feb 18 with 1969 viewsdgt73

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Have we got a game this weekend on 19:24 - Feb 18 with 1955 viewsOldjack

It's only manure ,there's far more important worrying things too discuss

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Have we got a game this weekend on 19:25 - Feb 18 with 1951 viewsmorningstar

Yes, would you like to start a thread on it? Team selection, tactics etc, or are you going too let someone else do it whilst you sit there with a confused look on your face?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Have we got a game this weekend on 19:26 - Feb 18 with 1948 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swans have Wales haven't.
Have we got a game this weekend on 20:13 - Feb 18 with 1858 viewswhiterock

Most expensive team to visit the Liberty

Would you pick Lein to set the tempo?
Have we got a game this weekend on 00:12 - Feb 19 with 1736 viewsJethroJack

Have we got a game this weekend on 20:13 - Feb 18 by whiterock

At least LINO would cover every blade of grass.
Have we got a game this weekend on 00:29 - Feb 19 with 1721 viewssixpenses

I would pick RVP if he has got any of the goals in him he had at the same fixture last year, the bugger

Don't worry Gomis got it covered - Its payback time boys

Michu, in particular, was a handful, forever darting and dashing, irrepressible and indefatigable, having a goal disallowed on 19 minutes, forcing David De Gea into a sharp save on 24 and heading just wide from the resulting corner.
When Wilfried Bony came on at half-time for his Premier League debut, they looked a formidable partnership. But it helps immeasurably when you have Van Persie on your side.
For Michael Laudrup, the Dutchman's finishing was the difference, and he was right that 4-1 was an unkind result for his Swansea side.
Have we got a game this weekend on 04:40 - Feb 19 with 1692 viewsTreforys_Jack

Have we got a game this weekend on 20:13 - Feb 18 by whiterock

I would start him if fit, just to set the tempo as you suggest.
Have we got a game this weekend on 05:30 - Feb 19 with 1672 viewsSwansNZ

Yes, there is a game this weekend. There used to be a football board on PS to discuss things like this. I can only see boards for tickets, non-football and the argument and abuse board.

I know I'm probably the only one here, but I'd start with Gomis up front, I think this is the week he is going to come good - I have a feeling in my waters ... I might have to see the doc about that tho'

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Login to get fewer ads

Have we got a game this weekend on 06:42 - Feb 19 with 1653 viewsWhiterockin

The centre of the United defence is crap. If Gomis cant score this weekend he never will.
Have we got a game this weekend on 06:54 - Feb 19 with 1645 viewsEdmundo

Have we got a game this weekend on 06:42 - Feb 19 by Whiterockin

The centre of the United defence is crap. If Gomis cant score this weekend he never will.

Gomis/Siggy partnership if allowed to mature should bring some goals.

Shame Barrow is injured, could have hit them with pace down both sides!

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Have we got a game this weekend on 07:12 - Feb 19 with 1637 viewsTreforys_Jack

Have we got a game this weekend on 06:54 - Feb 19 by Edmundo

Gomis/Siggy partnership if allowed to mature should bring some goals.

Shame Barrow is injured, could have hit them with pace down both sides!

Agree with the 1st part, however, it could be time for Routs to come back in after his injury and give us a performance. Like to see Barrow come on with 30 mins to go (if fit).
Have we got a game this weekend on 09:05 - Feb 19 with 1569 viewsmonmouth

Have we got a game this weekend on 06:42 - Feb 19 by Whiterockin

Don't say that mun. I already fear the latter.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Have we got a game this weekend on 09:32 - Feb 19 with 1536 viewsjacksfullaces

Have we got a game this weekend on 07:12 - Feb 19 by Treforys_Jack

Agree with the 1st part, however, it could be time for Routs to come back in after his injury and give us a performance. Like to see Barrow come on with 30 mins to go (if fit).

not sure if barrow is anything more than an impact sub at the moment.

I know routledge gets a lot of bad press but I do think he tries to get things moving and is one of our more consistent players. (not all bad either!)

dyer almost plays too structured these days - when did he stop being able to get past people?

Montero the man for that job?
Have we got a game this weekend on 09:35 - Feb 19 with 1528 viewsmonmouth

They are a bit like spurs were earlier in the season in that they spawn a lot of results by attrition and taking chances. Back four and Fab will need to be right on their game - ALL game.

Have we got a game this weekend on 10:49 - Feb 19 with 1456 viewsGreatBritton

Leon HAS to play - he thinks faster than anyone in our team, and faster than most opponents too. I hope Jonjo doesn't play because he's the opposite of this
Have we got a game this weekend on 11:09 - Feb 19 with 1433 viewsmonmouth

Have we got a game this weekend on 10:49 - Feb 19 by GreatBritton

Leon HAS to play - he thinks faster than anyone in our team, and faster than most opponents too. I hope Jonjo doesn't play because he's the opposite of this

I doubt LB will even be on the bench. I reckon GM has canned him to third choice. I really hope to be proved wrong as I do like to see him in the team, but Cork/Ki/Sig is now our first choice with Leon/TC/JJS as back up if all out, and I think TC/JJS would be the first choice replacements if Cork and Ki were crocked together. Be interesting to see, but I think time and this seasons injuries (that first one was obviously a disastrous one for him) has caught up with LB.

Have we got a game this weekend on 11:52 - Feb 19 with 1395 viewsGreatBritton

Have we got a game this weekend on 11:09 - Feb 19 by monmouth

I doubt LB will even be on the bench. I reckon GM has canned him to third choice. I really hope to be proved wrong as I do like to see him in the team, but Cork/Ki/Sig is now our first choice with Leon/TC/JJS as back up if all out, and I think TC/JJS would be the first choice replacements if Cork and Ki were crocked together. Be interesting to see, but I think time and this seasons injuries (that first one was obviously a disastrous one for him) has caught up with LB.

I generally subscribe to the view that a settled team is a good thing, but I hope Monk uses Leon and Tom Carroll as well as the perceived first choices for certain games. Ki has been excellent this season but I always know what he's going to do next. Tom and Leon are capable of moving the ball around fast and it's harder for opponents to nullify our progress up the field as a result. Against solid unadventurous sides Ki and Cork can dominate, although it often doesn't amount to anything much but possession, but against bolder teams Leon and Tom can more rapidly set up Gylfi to penetrate more. IMO.

RVP is going to position himself for long diagonal balls and De Maria is going to dart through the centre, where Leon should be snapping at his heels
Have we got a game this weekend on 12:38 - Feb 19 with 1350 viewssixpenses

Have we got a game this weekend on 09:05 - Feb 19 by monmouth

Don't say that mun. I already fear the latter.

Be fair on Gomis now - he has already scored 4/5 times

In our 1st 4 months / 16 PL games, he only started 2 games and that was because of Bony international duty / red card related

In the other 14 PL games to mid December he averaged just 11 minutes a game.

Hardly anything to get his teeth into with a team optimised to Bony style. But did manage to get us a great win against Arsenal a minute after coming on as a sub and earned us 2 additional PL points (something all Bony’s goals didn’t achieve last year until the end of March and Bony had much more PL time and loads of European time).

Since the start of Jan he has played 90 mins in the 6 PL games and although not credited to him he created the goal against West Ham that earned us a 3rd additional PL point from his goals (interesting both getting us points against top half teams)

Even with virtually full PL playing time, Bony went 6 PL games without scoring at the start of this season.
- He played 22 games for us up until leaving in January and scored in 8
- His goals earned us additional PL points (6) in just 4 games (Leicester 3 points, and 1 point each from Newcastle, Palace and QPR) — All bottom half teams

Last year Bony played 1147 total minutes for us (pus international play) up to early November and only scored one PL goal from open play for us during that time. Despite far more concentrated playing time. That goal earned us no PL points.

Gomis is on 1379 total minutes for us currently but well over half of that was only played in the last 6 weeks of games, the rest (4.5 months before January was very bitty as described above). As said scoring against Arsenal and creating the goal against West Ham at home — earned us an extra 3 points from those goals. Bony did not reach that total of extra PL points earned by his goals until 19th April last year.

Also the games recently (which cover vast majority of his PL playing time) have been disjointed and very defensive play from the team which would make it much harder for him to establish himself when he is repeatedly running back to help defend.

So all in all Gomis is still doing OK for us and Man United is just the type of team he could do well against if we can get the team working together. So let’s get behind the team for the whole game and raise the roof! If we do the double — give them some confidence.

Dgt can wave his star spangled banner. I will watch Christmas Vacation again to learn the words
[Post edited 19 Feb 2015 13:13]
Have we got a game this weekend on 16:03 - Feb 19 with 1255 viewskarnataka

Have we got a game this weekend on 12:38 - Feb 19 by sixpenses

Be fair on Gomis now - he has already scored 4/5 times

In our 1st 4 months / 16 PL games, he only started 2 games and that was because of Bony international duty / red card related

In the other 14 PL games to mid December he averaged just 11 minutes a game.

Hardly anything to get his teeth into with a team optimised to Bony style. But did manage to get us a great win against Arsenal a minute after coming on as a sub and earned us 2 additional PL points (something all Bony’s goals didn’t achieve last year until the end of March and Bony had much more PL time and loads of European time).

Since the start of Jan he has played 90 mins in the 6 PL games and although not credited to him he created the goal against West Ham that earned us a 3rd additional PL point from his goals (interesting both getting us points against top half teams)

Even with virtually full PL playing time, Bony went 6 PL games without scoring at the start of this season.
- He played 22 games for us up until leaving in January and scored in 8
- His goals earned us additional PL points (6) in just 4 games (Leicester 3 points, and 1 point each from Newcastle, Palace and QPR) — All bottom half teams

Last year Bony played 1147 total minutes for us (pus international play) up to early November and only scored one PL goal from open play for us during that time. Despite far more concentrated playing time. That goal earned us no PL points.

Gomis is on 1379 total minutes for us currently but well over half of that was only played in the last 6 weeks of games, the rest (4.5 months before January was very bitty as described above). As said scoring against Arsenal and creating the goal against West Ham at home — earned us an extra 3 points from those goals. Bony did not reach that total of extra PL points earned by his goals until 19th April last year.

Also the games recently (which cover vast majority of his PL playing time) have been disjointed and very defensive play from the team which would make it much harder for him to establish himself when he is repeatedly running back to help defend.

So all in all Gomis is still doing OK for us and Man United is just the type of team he could do well against if we can get the team working together. So let’s get behind the team for the whole game and raise the roof! If we do the double — give them some confidence.

Dgt can wave his star spangled banner. I will watch Christmas Vacation again to learn the words
[Post edited 19 Feb 2015 13:13]

That is a very good analysis & comparison. Fair play.
Have we got a game this weekend on 16:10 - Feb 19 with 1248 viewsmonmouth

Have we got a game this weekend on 16:03 - Feb 19 by karnataka

That is a very good analysis & comparison. Fair play.

I agree, I just don't like the f*cker. Have I said?

Have we got a game this weekend on 16:18 - Feb 19 with 1232 viewsskippyjack

Have we got a game this weekend on 19:24 - Feb 18 by Oldjack

It's only manure ,there's far more important worrying things too discuss

OJ is correct.. Friday is definitely bigger than Saturday.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024