Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Delph or Shelvey? 19:37 - Jul 10 with 4558 viewsmonmouth

Shelvey for me 100 times out of 100. Mancs going for Delph. Media hype is a dangerous game. He asked Richards about them apparently. Should have asked Sinclair, because it's his place on the bench he'll be chasing.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Delph or Shelvey? on 19:40 - Jul 10 with 3613 viewsNeath_Jack

Shelvey all day, everyday.

Delph isn't fit to lace his boots.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Delph or Shelvey? on 20:02 - Jul 10 with 3566 viewsJethroJack

No brainer....JJE-S all the way.
Can't believe the incompetence shown by some clubs in their choice of players & what they're prepared to pay for them.
Isn't it bloody sweet that we're not one of those said clubs
Delph or Shelvey? on 20:47 - Jul 10 with 3494 viewsdameedna

Delph

Shelvey has improved and has more potential but you would have to have poor eyesight to not see what Delph did at the pointy end of last season

The season before Shelvey was one the key players that kept us up so he has shown good qualities

Different players to be fair I'd probably compare cork or ki with Delph
Delph or Shelvey? on 20:51 - Jul 10 with 3468 viewsLeonisGod

Delph or Shelvey? on 20:47 - Jul 10 by dameedna

Delph

Shelvey has improved and has more potential but you would have to have poor eyesight to not see what Delph did at the pointy end of last season

The season before Shelvey was one the key players that kept us up so he has shown good qualities

Nah, Delph's far more attacking than Jack. He's an all energy box to box player like Jonjo, rather than an anchor man like Jack or a Rolls Royce like ki.

I think Delph is a cracking player. Man C have a bargain by their standards at £8m, but I can easily see him rotting their. Ai suspect a good solid top half team would have been a much better move for him, but we'll see.
Delph or Shelvey? on 20:53 - Jul 10 with 3463 viewsDaithejack

Delph

Yeah , Cork and Ki are both better than Delph too, that makes three.

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Delph or Shelvey? on 21:09 - Jul 10 with 3411 viewsdameedna

Delph or Shelvey? on 20:51 - Jul 10 by LeonisGod

Nah, Delph's far more attacking than Jack. He's an all energy box to box player like Jonjo, rather than an anchor man like Jack or a Rolls Royce like ki.

I think Delph is a cracking player. Man C have a bargain by their standards at £8m, but I can easily see him rotting their. Ai suspect a good solid top half team would have been a much better move for him, but we'll see.

Accepted that's a good Description

5m for Shelvey is a good deal

Delph has it all to do Shelvey will get 30 + games

Our midfielders look good value

A yew can do a Delph but has not got a season behind him in the Premier

Next season will give a good test
Delph or Shelvey? on 21:29 - Jul 10 with 3368 viewsj01

shelvey end of
Delph or Shelvey? on 21:38 - Jul 10 with 3341 viewsStarsky

Shelvey, like Routledge and Dyer before him, had found the right club to develop his talent.
We're good for each other. Ever since Mrs Shelvey told GM off. Lol.

It's just the internet, init.

Login to get fewer ads

Delph or Shelvey? on 22:18 - Jul 10 with 3282 viewsCooperman

If Delph was that good he would cost more than the £8m being quoted.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Delph or Shelvey? on 05:09 - Jul 11 with 3126 viewsjack247

Delph or Shelvey? on 22:18 - Jul 10 by Cooperman

If Delph was that good he would cost more than the £8m being quoted.

He has a buy out clause that was probably put in place before last season.

Depends what you want. Delph is more consistent, but won't reach the highs that Shelvey does. Delph has the better engine and will drive a midfield. He won't turn the game in the blink of an eye like Jonjo can. The sad fact is that City just want him for their quota. He knows we won't play much.
Delph or Shelvey? on 09:44 - Jul 11 with 3005 viewsCooperman

Delph or Shelvey? on 05:09 - Jul 11 by jack247

Depends what you want. Delph is more consistent, but won't reach the highs that Shelvey does. Delph has the better engine and will drive a midfield. He won't turn the game in the blink of an eye like Jonjo can. The sad fact is that City just want him for their quota. He knows we won't play much.

A buy out clause of £8m, didn't they pay something like £6m for him? If so that's bad management.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Delph or Shelvey? on 10:44 - Jul 11 with 2952 viewsNeath_Jack

Delph or Shelvey? on 09:44 - Jul 11 by Cooperman

A buy out clause of £8m, didn't they pay something like £6m for him? If so that's bad management.

If they didn't agree to putting the clause in, as small as it was, then he could have/would have walked away for nothing.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Delph or Shelvey? on 10:47 - Jul 11 with 2948 viewsDr_Winston

Delph or Shelvey? on 09:44 - Jul 11 by Cooperman

Like a £19m clause for a player that a club paid almost £14m for.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Delph or Shelvey? on 11:03 - Jul 11 with 2925 viewsangryjack

delph all day long
Delph or Shelvey? on 12:20 - Jul 11 with 2869 viewstomdickharry

Delph would get into our team that's for sure,entirely different type of players.
Delph or Shelvey? on 12:57 - Jul 11 with 2841 viewspencoedjack

Delph

I presume you didn't watch the FA cup final or England's last game ?

Delph constantly gave the ball away in both games.

In the same slot as Ross Barkley as one of the most overrated players in PL.

JJS all day long.
Delph or Shelvey? on 14:45 - Jul 11 with 2767 viewsdantheswansman

Shelvey all day long - No contest .
Delph or Shelvey? on 15:49 - Jul 11 with 2733 viewsLeonisGod

Delph or Shelvey? on 05:09 - Jul 11 by jack247

I'd agree with that. Jonjo can really take hold of a game when he's in the mood. That's a rare thing and just on that basis I'd prefer him over Delph in our team. Would be quite happy with Delph here as well tbh (not that we've room).
Delph or Shelvey? on 15:53 - Jul 11 with 2724 viewsDull1Thomas

Delph or Shelvey? on 12:57 - Jul 11 by pencoedjack

I presume you didn't watch the FA cup final or England's last game ?

Delph constantly gave the ball away in both games.

In the same slot as Ross Barkley as one of the most overrated players in PL.

JJS all day long.

Shelvey pass completion 79.1
Delph 85.2

JJS 3 goals 5 assists
Delph 0 & 3

Delph superior in the air.

Overall Shelvey of second half of last season would be preferable to the overpriced Villa midfielder.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Delph or Shelvey? on 16:51 - Jul 11 with 2690 viewspencoedjack

He has decided to stay at Villa, great news I hope they build the side around him .
Delph or Shelvey? on 19:59 - Jul 11 with 2573 viewsJBT95

Delph or Shelvey? on 20:02 - Jul 10 by JethroJack

No brainer....JJE-S all the way.
Can't believe the incompetence shown by some clubs in their choice of players & what they're prepared to pay for them.
Isn't it bloody sweet that we're not one of those said clubs

'Kept us up' ... I don't believe that. We were never in any danger with the right leadership.
Delph or Shelvey? on 20:19 - Jul 11 with 2560 viewsJBT95

Delph or Shelvey? on 16:51 - Jul 11 by pencoedjack

He has decided to stay at Villa, great news I hope they build the side around him .

Going to Man CIty would have been career killing, good decision.
Delph or Shelvey? on 20:35 - Jul 11 with 2546 viewsLeonisGod

Delph or Shelvey? on 16:51 - Jul 11 by pencoedjack

I suspect they will. They've made another good signing today by all account - midfielder from Lille who was quality last season apparently. I expect Villa to be a very different team this year, although you never know.
Delph or Shelvey? on 20:40 - Jul 11 with 2541 viewsNeath_Jack

Delph or Shelvey? on 20:35 - Jul 11 by LeonisGod

I suspect they will. They've made another good signing today by all account - midfielder from Lille who was quality last season apparently. I expect Villa to be a very different team this year, although you never know.

They lost 3-1 to Fulham today. Not that it has any bearing on the coming season of course.

Delph or Shelvey? on 20:42 - Jul 11 with 2534 viewsmacthejack

And they've still got perhaps the stupidest manager in the league in Sherwood, the longer he manages to cling on to his job the more likely they will be to go down.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024