Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That lorry driver in Glasgow 18:20 - Aug 21 with 2662 viewsDarran

Should serve 20 years in my opinion.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 18:23 - Aug 21 with 1714 viewsScoobyWho

He is definitely going to get some years in the pokey thats for sure.
Nailed on.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 18:23 - Aug 21 with 1712 viewsLord_Bony

He refused to apologise to the court or his employers for not telling them he suffered from fainting then killed 6'people...not right.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 18:30 - Aug 21 with 1697 viewsGehbeHindert_Bosman

"He refused to apologise"

*baddum tish*
That lorry driver in Glasgow on 18:33 - Aug 21 with 1692 viewsCooperman

He's ended life and ruined many more. That deserves a lengthy stretch IMHO.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 19:10 - Aug 21 with 1596 viewsdickythorpe

Tragic case. Did he hide his health issues?
That lorry driver in Glasgow on 19:14 - Aug 21 with 1588 viewsdickythorpe

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 19:10 - Aug 21 by dickythorpe

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-34016267

Feck me it's Russell Slade!!!!
That lorry driver in Glasgow on 19:17 - Aug 21 with 1568 viewsJackfath

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 19:10 - Aug 21 by dickythorpe

He didn't declare them, but I guess his defense will rest on whether he was asked on the application forms etc.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 19:27 - Aug 21 with 1548 viewsRancid

Someone on here might know if he declared his illness or not to get his HGV license.
Login to get fewer ads

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 19:28 - Aug 21 with 1532 viewsLord_Bony

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 18:30 - Aug 21 by GehbeHindert_Bosman

"He refused to apologise"

*baddum tish*

Yes he could at least. H have said.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 19:34 - Aug 21 with 1508 viewsItchySphincter

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 18:23 - Aug 21 by Lord_Bony

He refused to apologise to the court or his employers for not telling them he suffered from fainting then killed 6'people...not right.

He can't apologise or say anything really as he is facing a civil case after this and he's not obliged to incriminate himself. Same as Chedwyn Evans.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 19:38 - Aug 21 with 1489 viewsLord_Bony

Don't talk so bloody daft mun..

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 19:48 - Aug 21 with 1460 viewsexiledclaseboy

He's already been told there will be no public prosecution.

Poll: Tory leader

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 19:53 - Aug 21 with 1446 viewsPacemaker

As no action is being taken by the prosecutor fiscal he will not be going to prison unless the private prosecutions actually come to court.

I assume that the crown felt it was 50/50 that he would get convicted and at least the families would get an explanation from the driver in a Fatal Accident Inquiry but due to the threat of prosecution he has been advised not to answer or apologise.

Bit sad really that due to the threat of prosecution by some families none of them have got any answers.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 19:55 - Aug 21 with 1436 viewsFlashberryjack

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 19:34 - Aug 21 by ItchySphincter

He can't apologise or say anything really as he is facing a civil case after this and he's not obliged to incriminate himself. Same as Chedwyn Evans.

That's the way I read it.....family taking out a private prosecution....kerching!! for the legal profession.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 19:56 - Aug 21 with 1427 viewsexiledclaseboy

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 19:53 - Aug 21 by Pacemaker

As no action is being taken by the prosecutor fiscal he will not be going to prison unless the private prosecutions actually come to court.

I assume that the crown felt it was 50/50 that he would get convicted and at least the families would get an explanation from the driver in a Fatal Accident Inquiry but due to the threat of prosecution he has been advised not to answer or apologise.

Bit sad really that due to the threat of prosecution by some families none of them have got any answers.

Stupid timing on their behalf really. Although if he'd given full evidence and they them tried to get a private prosecution it would have probably failed because he'd have already incriminated himself.

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 20:04 - Aug 21 with 1397 viewsScoobyWho

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 19:48 - Aug 21 by exiledclaseboy

He's already been told there will be no public prosecution.

The families have already instigated a civil action which if he is found guilty ( less burton of proof than criminal as I see it ) will mean he can be sentenced to prison. Which is what happened to the killers of Stephen Lawrence.

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 20:10 - Aug 21 with 1381 viewsexiledclaseboy

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 20:04 - Aug 21 by ScoobyWho

The families have already instigated a civil action which if he is found guilty ( less burton of proof than criminal as I see it ) will mean he can be sentenced to prison. Which is what happened to the killers of Stephen Lawrence.

No they haven't. They've indicated their intention to seek permission to bring a private criminal prosecution which they may or may not get permission to do. If it was a civil action it couldn't end in prison, only the award of damages. At least that's my understanding. Pacemaker will correct me if I've got anything wrong.

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 20:21 - Aug 21 with 1346 viewsItchySphincter

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 19:38 - Aug 21 by Lord_Bony

Don't talk so bloody daft mun..

What you mean?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 20:23 - Aug 21 with 1340 viewsScoobyWho

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 20:10 - Aug 21 by exiledclaseboy

No they haven't. They've indicated their intention to seek permission to bring a private criminal prosecution which they may or may not get permission to do. If it was a civil action it couldn't end in prison, only the award of damages. At least that's my understanding. Pacemaker will correct me if I've got anything wrong.

You can definitely be sentenced to prison from a civil court. That's happened many times.
I'm not sure how you can bring a private criminal prosecution ? Never heard of that, but then It is Scotland. Forgive me, I thought the families had already taken out the initial stages, I stand corrected.

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 20:27 - Aug 21 with 1314 viewsexiledclaseboy

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 20:23 - Aug 21 by ScoobyWho

You can definitely be sentenced to prison from a civil court. That's happened many times.
I'm not sure how you can bring a private criminal prosecution ? Never heard of that, but then It is Scotland. Forgive me, I thought the families had already taken out the initial stages, I stand corrected.

Private criminal prosecutions are rare, especially in Scotland. But they do happen.

Civil courts can't send anyone to prison. Essentially you're just suing someone for damages.

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 20:36 - Aug 21 with 1292 viewsScoobyWho

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 20:27 - Aug 21 by exiledclaseboy

Private criminal prosecutions are rare, especially in Scotland. But they do happen.

Civil courts can't send anyone to prison. Essentially you're just suing someone for damages.

I only say that as I know someone who attended county court in a cvil matter brought about by trading standards and they were handed a six month suspended sentence, however you are probably right as they were given that sentence after being found guilty by the balance of probability in that court and accepted the sentence which was then administered in a Magistrates court.

I'm glad I walk on the right side of the law, it's all too complicated for me. 👍

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 20:39 - Aug 21 with 1284 viewsDyfnant

My missus works in rehabilitation of stroke patients, it's scary how many drive themselves to their appointments

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 20:45 - Aug 21 with 1259 viewsexiledclaseboy

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 20:36 - Aug 21 by ScoobyWho

I only say that as I know someone who attended county court in a cvil matter brought about by trading standards and they were handed a six month suspended sentence, however you are probably right as they were given that sentence after being found guilty by the balance of probability in that court and accepted the sentence which was then administered in a Magistrates court.

I'm glad I walk on the right side of the law, it's all too complicated for me. 👍

Non-payment of a civil penalty, like from Trading Standards, for example ,can lead to criminal charges. That may be what happened.

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 20:47 - Aug 21 with 1250 viewsScoobyWho

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 20:45 - Aug 21 by exiledclaseboy

Non-payment of a civil penalty, like from Trading Standards, for example ,can lead to criminal charges. That may be what happened.

Your probably right 👍 I'm glad in a way I Haven't got the knowledge through experience, I'm sure you haven't either, maybe I should have listened more in school !

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 20:51 - Aug 21 with 1238 viewsexiledclaseboy

That lorry driver in Glasgow on 20:47 - Aug 21 by ScoobyWho

Your probably right 👍 I'm glad in a way I Haven't got the knowledge through experience, I'm sure you haven't either, maybe I should have listened more in school !

My work often leads me in that general direction but I'm far from being a lawyer. I just have to pay more attention to these things than most. As I said, Pacemaker will correct anything I may have got wrong. He knows his onions.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024