Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Planning 23:46 - Jul 31 with 1258 viewsParsSwans

Whilst I think most of us on here would agree the lack of signings is a massive concern the most alarming part of it appears to be complete lack of pre planning. Middlesbrough went up via the playoffs almost 3 weeks after we finished our campaign not knowing what league they would be playing in at the point we knew we were safe yet they have bagged a few more than handy players that will improve their squad. Regardless of the takeover we should have had a list lined up and ready to go clearly now it will get to the panic buying stage and we will end up with sub standard signings and in the same bracket as the disasters we bought last summer. Also our scouting network seems very narrow minded and hence why we get linked with the same players year on year.
Planning on 10:12 - Aug 1 with 1092 viewsoldcob

We nearly always do our transfer window business late, so no change there. The players we may or may not have lined up also like to leave it until the end of the window to see if they get a better offer, so no change there. The difference this time is that we have new owners and we don't know wether or not to trust them, a signing or two will help us have the trust in them, but the longer we go without a signing, the mistrust, rightly or wrongly will grow.
Planning on 10:16 - Aug 1 with 1065 viewsLoyal

We HAVENT GOT a scouting network for players at premier league and similar levels !
We employ agents or now it seems rely on HJ !

We only have scouts in North Falkirk 😂 Meaning we only scout players at far lower levels.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Planning on 10:28 - Aug 1 with 1022 viewsClinton

Lack of signings is NOT a massive concern for this ST holder. Looking forward to the new season unequivocally.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Planning on 10:32 - Aug 1 with 994 viewsjasper_T

Planning on 10:16 - Aug 1 by Loyal

We HAVENT GOT a scouting network for players at premier league and similar levels !
We employ agents or now it seems rely on HJ !

We only have scouts in North Falkirk 😂 Meaning we only scout players at far lower levels.

The u23s beating Falkirk the other day threw a spanner in the works. Not like we could buy more from there now.
Planning on 10:39 - Aug 1 with 967 viewsOldjack

My only disappointment is Franco has not it seems pointed Huw towards some hidden gems from his past ,there must be a few tucked away surely

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Planning on 10:39 - Aug 1 with 966 viewsLeonisGod

The only problem with a moan like this is that we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes. We could well have a list of targets. In fact, wasn't there an article about our scouting/performance set-up us a few years back that talked about how we kept a record of several players for each position that we thought would suit us We're never the quickest at getting a deal done though.
Planning on 11:18 - Aug 1 with 895 viewsParsSwans

Agree with loyal with no scouting network that is concerning and this is poor planning . Having worked within a Scottish football club for a number of years I can assure you without knocking Falkirk there are better teams to link up with up there than them although I til my hat to the Bairns they do have a good set up .regardless of now a year ago or looking forward we really need to put something in place that spreads the net far and wide not saying they have to be multi million pound players but better players being brought in that the likes of Eder Shechter etc
Planning on 11:40 - Aug 1 with 839 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Planning on 10:39 - Aug 1 by Oldjack

My only disappointment is Franco has not it seems pointed Huw towards some hidden gems from his past ,there must be a few tucked away surely

How would we know?
He certainly seems un appy abut something with Huw.
Login to get fewer ads

Planning on 11:53 - Aug 1 with 789 viewsParsSwans

I have been a huge fan of this club and how it's been run but the last year has left me disillusioned about planning in every aspect of its operation. Not just on the playing side the lets move families out of family stand believe it or not I got moved along with my son and father 3 times and last years pre season friendly having to wait until 20 minutes after kick off to get in because of less than half the turnstile operators were working leading to hem opening the floodgates to let people in its comical. Jenkins and co have done wonders and I will never dispute that however I feel a disconnect at the moment and that all comes from piss poor planning and vision
Planning on 11:53 - Aug 1 with 789 viewsjack247

Planning on 10:39 - Aug 1 by Oldjack

I don't think he is overly bothered with recruitment. He is from the continental school of being given a group of players and getting the best he can out of them. He certainly did that very well last year

Whether Guidolin, Jenkins or anyone else is bringing players in though, we really need to up our game.
Planning on 12:38 - Aug 1 with 726 viewstomdickharry

We are waiting for Man City to complete certain signings then Bony will officially be released and be back,think they are already on notice,also possibly Campbell from Arsenal may be on the way as well.Its the way we worked in years gone by which didn't happen last close season and look what happened. No Williams isn't going to Arsenal as part of a deal.
If those two come in then can see Ayew on his way but not until the WHU bid is increased to £25M.All speculation I know but there must be a logjam somewhere.
Planning on 12:46 - Aug 1 with 684 viewssomersetsimon

Planning on 12:38 - Aug 1 by tomdickharry

We are waiting for Man City to complete certain signings then Bony will officially be released and be back,think they are already on notice,also possibly Campbell from Arsenal may be on the way as well.Its the way we worked in years gone by which didn't happen last close season and look what happened. No Williams isn't going to Arsenal as part of a deal.
If those two come in then can see Ayew on his way but not until the WHU bid is increased to £25M.All speculation I know but there must be a logjam somewhere.

Is this based on some inside knowledge or just guesswork?
Planning on 15:00 - Aug 1 with 595 viewstomdickharry

Planning on 12:46 - Aug 1 by somersetsimon

Is this based on some inside knowledge or just guesswork?

Lets put it this way,if you look at Man City's situation,they have a brand new iconic manager who I think has made it pretty clear that Bony is not part of his plans,okay I know not straight out but in the nature of his signings/proposed signings.There is still a large sum outstanding too us from City in respect of his transfer which could be set off against transfer fee or loan fee/wages,consequently any resultant cash outlay by us could be accommodated if required. You could say we on the outside are grasping at straws at the moment but have just tried to put two and two together with Bony situation. As for Campbell,young quick and talented could work well with Bony,think that if both come Ayew will be gone.
Planning on 15:10 - Aug 1 with 552 viewsswansealad69

Planning on 11:40 - Aug 1 by A_Fans_Dad

How would we know?
He certainly seems un appy abut something with Huw.

Agreed
We were all quick to blame ml for walking away and yes he does seam to do this
Buy look deeper and u must ask what was huw doing when he brought in a Bolton bench warmer in ngogg and Emnes
We were doing well in the Europe and yet had 10 players out at Xmas at 1 point and mid table.
Ml had a good eye for players michu chico Pablo
And I'm sure he had some players he wanted to add
But a Bolton and boro bench warmers just didn't cut it.
To think the right players at that stage and we could have gone on to win the cup
Who knows
Planning on 15:44 - Aug 1 with 496 viewsTom1912

I would not be surprised if TDH was right about us waiting on Bony.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024