Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fifa investigates Welsh & Northern Irish FAs over poppy displays 10:47 - Nov 23 with 2879 viewsKennedy

I assume its for the fan display.

So you should have just worn them in the first bloody place

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38077727

Just call me JFK

Fifa investigates Welsh & Northern Irish FAs over poppy displays on 10:53 - Nov 23 with 2865 viewswestwalesed

Absolute disgrace, words fail me.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Fifa investigates Welsh & Northern Irish FAs over poppy displays on 11:19 - Nov 23 with 2834 viewsfather_jack

break away from fifa, job done

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Fifa investigates Welsh & Northern Irish FAs over poppy displays on 12:18 - Nov 23 with 2770 viewsRevJames

FIFA needs a history lesson.

Moral compass. Screwed.
Fifa investigates Welsh & Northern Irish FAs over poppy displays on 13:12 - Nov 23 with 2722 viewsdickythorpe

Fifa investigates Welsh & Northern Irish FAs over poppy displays on 11:19 - Nov 23 by father_jack

Hit the nail on the head. There are so many businesses and global organisations that could make this happen.

Feck FIFA , no one wants to go to Qatar
Fifa investigates Welsh & Northern Irish FAs over poppy displays (n/t) on 15:26 - Nov 23 with 2623 viewsSnakePlissken

Fifa investigates Welsh & Northern Irish FAs over poppy displays on 11:19 - Nov 23 by father_jack

I can see this happening soon enough. FIFA are a shameless, and probably the one thing most football fans from all parts of the world can agree on, is that FIFA needs to pissofff and die
[Post edited 23 Nov 2016 15:28]
Fifa investigates Welsh & Northern Irish FAs over poppy displays on 19:03 - Nov 23 with 2500 viewsNOTRAC

Are they trying to re-write history now.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Fifa investigates Welsh & Northern Irish FAs over poppy displays on 19:07 - Nov 23 with 2486 viewsJackfath

All teams involved should boycott all tournaments until they make a full public apology.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Fifa investigates Welsh & Northern Irish FAs over poppy displays on 19:45 - Nov 23 with 2432 viewsjack2jack

Surely the poppy has no religious or political significance at all, it grew in the battlefields of France during the 1st world war and is to commemorate all that fell during the conflict.Absolute disgrace by FIFA to follow this up.RIP,all that gave their lives,in conflicts around the world. I'm speech less,absolutely speechless,shame on FIFA.
Login to get fewer ads

Fifa investigates Welsh & Northern Irish FAs over poppy displays on 20:39 - Nov 23 with 2367 viewsswans11

part investigation is about fans wearing poppies just a joke
Fifa investigates Welsh & Northern Irish FAs over poppy displays on 20:44 - Nov 23 with 2356 viewssherpajacob

Fifa investigates Welsh & Northern Irish FAs over poppy displays on 13:12 - Nov 23 by dickythorpe

Hit the nail on the head. There are so many businesses and global organisations that could make this happen.

Feck FIFA , no one wants to go to Qatar

It's the businesses and global organizations that have made FIFA what it is.

There is no way McDonald's , Coca-Cola and the rest are going to kill their golden goose.

Personally, I think FIFA have a point on this, the poppy is a commonwealth symbol. It is not international and many countries have a different perspective to the great war from us.

We see the poppy as apolitical because it crosses all party boundaries, others see it as a symbol of our empire/commonwealth.

I am proud to wear my poppy as a mark of respect to my grandfather who fought with the 38th welsh division and in memory of my great uncle who is buried in a CWGC cemetery near Amiens.

Wearing a poppy, should be a personal issue and nobody should feel obliged or coerced into taking part in mass public displays. Theresa May cannot argue the poppy is not political from the despatch box in Westminster.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Fifa investigates Welsh & Northern Irish FAs over poppy displays on 20:53 - Nov 23 with 2340 viewsjack2jack

Fifa investigates Welsh & Northern Irish FAs over poppy displays on 20:44 - Nov 23 by sherpajacob

It's the businesses and global organizations that have made FIFA what it is.

There is no way McDonald's , Coca-Cola and the rest are going to kill their golden goose.

Personally, I think FIFA have a point on this, the poppy is a commonwealth symbol. It is not international and many countries have a different perspective to the great war from us.

We see the poppy as apolitical because it crosses all party boundaries, others see it as a symbol of our empire/commonwealth.

I am proud to wear my poppy as a mark of respect to my grandfather who fought with the 38th welsh division and in memory of my great uncle who is buried in a CWGC cemetery near Amiens.

Wearing a poppy, should be a personal issue and nobody should feel obliged or coerced into taking part in mass public displays. Theresa May cannot argue the poppy is not political from the despatch box in Westminster.

Point taken but surely by FIFA taking this stance,they are removing people's choice,what next ,security going to take it off people at the turnstiles.Just my point of view,its just a symbol,its made religious or political ,to make a point,by whomever,to suit their own agenda.Sorry to disagree in part.
Fifa investigates Welsh & Northern Irish FAs over poppy displays on 21:22 - Nov 23 with 2313 viewssherpajacob

Fifa investigates Welsh & Northern Irish FAs over poppy displays on 20:53 - Nov 23 by jack2jack

Point taken but surely by FIFA taking this stance,they are removing people's choice,what next ,security going to take it off people at the turnstiles.Just my point of view,its just a symbol,its made religious or political ,to make a point,by whomever,to suit their own agenda.Sorry to disagree in part.

FIFA would have had absolutely no problem with every single individual in the crowd wearing a poppy out of choice.

Asking every person in the canton stand to hold up a card to make a giant poppy is a completely different issue.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Fifa investigates Welsh & Northern Irish FAs over poppy displays on 21:36 - Nov 23 with 2293 viewsswan65split

what about all the players holding hands to the sky in prayer? .......
Fifa investigates Welsh & Northern Irish FAs over poppy displays on 22:06 - Nov 23 with 2267 viewsBigPhilG

I think FIFA should be told by all 4 home countries to get stuffed. No harm in the Government and Royal British Legion making statements too, one from Lizzie Windsor wouldn't go amiss either.

There needs to be a message from all corners from all the people in the UK that we won't be bullied by the corrupt fookers at FIFA or any other organisation. Refuse to pay any fines or play any qualifiers.

They're even investigating fans turning up wearing poppies. Who do these fookers Thai they are ? I wear a poppy with pride and I'll wear it when and where I want
Fifa investigates Welsh & Northern Irish FAs over poppy displays on 22:31 - Nov 23 with 2239 viewsmysonsarejacks

The way to hurt them is through their pocket. Boycotting the Fifa computer game is a start.

Poll: John Terry transfer ?

Fifa investigates Welsh & Northern Irish FAs over poppy displays on 22:41 - Nov 23 with 2232 viewsmorningstar

Fifa investigates Welsh & Northern Irish FAs over poppy displays on 21:22 - Nov 23 by sherpajacob

FIFA would have had absolutely no problem with every single individual in the crowd wearing a poppy out of choice.

Asking every person in the canton stand to hold up a card to make a giant poppy is a completely different issue.

Is it an issue for you then? Because from that post you're making out you agree with them!
[Post edited 23 Nov 2016 22:45]

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Fifa investigates Welsh & Northern Irish FAs over poppy displays on 22:54 - Nov 23 with 2204 viewsjack2jack

Fifa investigates Welsh & Northern Irish FAs over poppy displays on 22:06 - Nov 23 by BigPhilG

I think FIFA should be told by all 4 home countries to get stuffed. No harm in the Government and Royal British Legion making statements too, one from Lizzie Windsor wouldn't go amiss either.

There needs to be a message from all corners from all the people in the UK that we won't be bullied by the corrupt fookers at FIFA or any other organisation. Refuse to pay any fines or play any qualifiers.

They're even investigating fans turning up wearing poppies. Who do these fookers Thai they are ? I wear a poppy with pride and I'll wear it when and where I want

Well said,it's political correctness gone mad,stuff FIFA
Fifa investigates Welsh & Northern Irish FAs over poppy displays on 10:25 - Nov 24 with 2079 viewsfather_jack

bet they did nothing about this. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3533737/Saudi-footballer-forced-HAIRCUT-

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Fifa investigates Welsh & Northern Irish FAs over poppy displays on 12:28 - Nov 24 with 2048 viewsSnakePlissken

Fifa investigates Welsh & Northern Irish FAs over poppy displays on 10:25 - Nov 24 by father_jack

bet they did nothing about this. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3533737/Saudi-footballer-forced-HAIRCUT-

" un islamic haircut" whatever next id say he should have told them to fukoff, but they'd probably drag him to the centre circle and cut his head off. at least when the oil runs out, we can forget countries like Saudi ever existed
Fifa investigates Welsh & Northern Irish FAs over poppy displays on 13:13 - Nov 24 with 2016 viewsLoyal

The welsh fa should start with a very firm fck off to FIFA.
Confront them agitate them, embarrass them.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2016 13:13]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024