Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The difference between us and Fulham in 2013/14 23:47 - Dec 9 with 850 viewsWxmJax

Huw Jenkins says that you can't have three different managers in a season, you only have to look at Fulham in 2014. Well I beg to differ. These are Fulham's managers and the dates that they were employed.

Martin Jol (until 1 December 2013)

René Meulensteen (until 14 February 2014)

Felix Magath (from 14 February 2014)

Their third manager, Magrath didn't start until Feruary 14th and so couldn't bring any players in himself which couldn't have helped. We are not in that position, the transfer window is still 3 weeks away and any new manager must be able to bring in who HE wants.

Magrath also only had twelve, I repeat, TWELVE matches to save the club from relegation. After the Sunderland game we still have TWENTY THREE games left, more than enough time for someone to move the team in the right direction.

If results don't improve quickly there is still time to get someone else in before the January transfer window opens, although I would guess any players coming in would only be on loan.
The problem we have is will those players want to come and play for Bob ?
[Post edited 10 Dec 2016 0:03]

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

The difference between us and Fulham in 2013/14 on 23:50 - Dec 9 with 844 viewsMurph75

Anything that comes out of that man's mouth is complete b0llox.
The difference between us and Fulham in 2013/14 on 23:54 - Dec 9 with 830 viewsbuilthjack

The difference between us and Fulham in 2013/14 on 23:50 - Dec 9 by Murph75

Anything that comes out of that man's mouth is complete b0llox.

Wxm's ?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The difference between us and Fulham in 2013/14 on 23:56 - Dec 9 with 828 viewsMurph75

The difference between us and Fulham in 2013/14 on 23:54 - Dec 9 by builthjack

Wxm's ?

God no. Speaks a lot of sense does Wxm
[Post edited 9 Dec 2016 23:59]
The difference between us and Fulham in 2013/14 on 23:58 - Dec 9 with 820 viewsbuilthjack

The difference between us and Fulham in 2013/14 on 23:56 - Dec 9 by Murph75

God no. Speaks a lot of sense does Wxm
[Post edited 9 Dec 2016 23:59]

He does indeed

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The difference between us and Fulham in 2013/14 on 23:58 - Dec 9 with 820 viewsBanosswan

Plus Magath was Batsh!t crazy.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

The difference between us and Fulham in 2013/14 on 00:16 - Dec 10 with 787 viewsWxmJax

Magrath's record was played 12, W3, D3, L6. 12pts. Over a season it equates to around the 38/40 point mark, often enough to stay up.

Hopefully someone puts Rob Philips right on this tomorrow night.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

The difference between us and Fulham in 2013/14 on 00:17 - Dec 10 with 785 viewsjack247

You can't keep a manager who is so obviously struggling, whether he is your first or your tenth of the season. If you don't want to change managers so often, put more effort into appointing the right one in the first place and do it for footballing reasons only.
The difference between us and Fulham in 2013/14 on 09:14 - Dec 10 with 606 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The difference between us and Fulham in 2013/14 on 00:17 - Dec 10 by jack247

You can't keep a manager who is so obviously struggling, whether he is your first or your tenth of the season. If you don't want to change managers so often, put more effort into appointing the right one in the first place and do it for footballing reasons only.

Is the correct answer

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

The difference between us and Fulham in 2013/14 on 12:36 - Dec 10 with 447 viewsDafyddHuw

Keeping Coach Bob has got nothing to do with comparisons with Fulham. The yanks chose Bradley cos he's a yank. It's our 2nd manager of the season. They won't change him (a) cos it's an admission of failure and (b)they'll lose face and (c) how could one of their own possibly fail?

Consequently we have him to at least the end of the season. So even if we get 4/5 top players in (ha), Coach Bob still wont have the ability to manage them.
The difference between us and Fulham in 2013/14 on 12:54 - Dec 10 with 418 viewsmax936

The difference between us and Fulham in 2013/14 on 12:36 - Dec 10 by DafyddHuw

Keeping Coach Bob has got nothing to do with comparisons with Fulham. The yanks chose Bradley cos he's a yank. It's our 2nd manager of the season. They won't change him (a) cos it's an admission of failure and (b)they'll lose face and (c) how could one of their own possibly fail?

Consequently we have him to at least the end of the season. So even if we get 4/5 top players in (ha), Coach Bob still wont have the ability to manage them.

Correct and I think he knows he's safe, not that, that would stop him trying which I'm sure he is, he just hasn't got what's needed at this level he says most of the right things, buts he's struggling to get those things over to the players, either that or he loses his way once on the training field.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The difference between us and Fulham in 2013/14 on 13:05 - Dec 10 with 389 viewswaynekerr55

Meulenstein looked as if he was turning it around before their stupid owner pulled the trigger.

Sound familiar?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024