Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A West Ham fans view 09:45 - Apr 8 with 2932 viewsDarran

Brilliant post and so true.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

A West Ham fans view on 09:55 - Apr 8 with 2889 viewsspiderboy

Makes our plight look a lot cheerier to be fair!
Well spotted Darran
A West Ham fans view on 10:09 - Apr 8 with 2844 viewslondonlisa2001

Last Saturday, I was driving through Brentford as their match was finishing.

Sunny afternoon, groups of friends and families wandering back from the ground to their bus stops.

I must admit, I felt a pang of nostalgia. Envy at their ability to just decide to go to a match, rock up and get tickets. Enjoy the afternoon without a constant worry about relegation hanging over heads. I've spent the past few years worrying through matches rather than enjoying them. Apart from the last few matches each season when we've been safe.

I want us to stay up. Really want us to stay up. We've had brilliant occasions in the premier league. But if the worst happens, it's not the end of the world. There'll be good bits about it. Like deciding on a Friday to go to a match and being able to go. Having a bit of a laugh again without all the premier league 'can we get to 40 points' pressure.
A West Ham fans view on 10:16 - Apr 8 with 2819 viewsDarran

A West Ham fans view on 10:09 - Apr 8 by londonlisa2001

Sunny afternoon, groups of friends and families wandering back from the ground to their bus stops.

I must admit, I felt a pang of nostalgia. Envy at their ability to just decide to go to a match, rock up and get tickets. Enjoy the afternoon without a constant worry about relegation hanging over heads. I've spent the past few years worrying through matches rather than enjoying them. Apart from the last few matches each season when we've been safe.

I want us to stay up. Really want us to stay up. We've had brilliant occasions in the premier league. But if the worst happens, it's not the end of the world. There'll be good bits about it. Like deciding on a Friday to go to a match and being able to go. Having a bit of a laugh again without all the premier league 'can we get to 40 points' pressure.

Beautiful.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

A West Ham fans view on 10:23 - Apr 8 with 2794 viewsLoyal

Fair weather supporter.
And they know a big mob is coming their way 😂
Any excuse.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

A West Ham fans view on 10:52 - Apr 8 with 2695 viewsporthcawljax

Couldn't agree more.

Poll: Who would you pick for Swansea's goal stopper?

A West Ham fans view on 11:27 - Apr 8 with 2592 viewsRevJames

Or as someone else eloquently pointed out, do we really want to be trying to constantly survive in the "sea of effluent" that is the bottom of the PL?

We could be (and were at one time) so much better than this but for the reasons well known to everyone, "we've" completely arsed it all up
A West Ham fans view on 11:33 - Apr 8 with 2554 viewsunion_jack

The problem I unfortunately see with that is next season we'd be looking for the 50 point safety mark.

Anyone who believes that we'll be a mid-table or better Championship team is going to be disappointed. I hope I'm wrong but I've a nasty feeling.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

A West Ham fans view on 11:35 - Apr 8 with 2552 viewscentrestandswan

I think fans from the lower teams in the Prem' are realising that we are all fodder for the "big" teams. The way Sky and BT present a game it always seems to be how well the top teams do rather than an even match commentary. We have all experienced MOTD post match comments from the so called experts, when we have been playing, only for little old Swansea to get a rather flippant few comments at the end.

I do not want to go down but would rather see the "Big" clubs push off into some European league where they can go and play with themselves and leave the top division open to more teams who may have a chance of winning the bloody thing.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Login to get fewer ads

A West Ham fans view on 11:46 - Apr 8 with 2519 viewsleighton1318

A West Ham fans view on 11:33 - Apr 8 by union_jack

The problem I unfortunately see with that is next season we'd be looking for the 50 point safety mark.

Anyone who believes that we'll be a mid-table or better Championship team is going to be disappointed. I hope I'm wrong but I've a nasty feeling.

Add a financial crisis into the mix with that. Relegation would be the start not the end.
A West Ham fans view on 11:59 - Apr 8 with 2484 viewsDewi1jack

Got to agree with the sentiments of the Hammer fan.
We used to get a better atmosphere in the Championship (with less people!) and even in the PL for the first couple of seasons under Brenda and Loudstrop.
Boro game, I was bored out of my tiny. Not much singing after about 20 mins from behind me. I came home with my voice intact and not hoarse as per usual.
That's probably the first time since under the dearth of Sousaball.

A big part of me wishes the Trust would ensure the story of the sellouts was widely publicised (leaflets before the game along with membership forms?).
Maybe then we can make it uncomfortable for the b'stards. Especially the EX chairman of the Trust itself.
If Nothing else may lead to the rest of the ground having a bit of a sing song.

No need to slag off the new owners if the Trust are trying to build a relationship with them- selective use of PR!
And yes, I am a Trust member and would be happy to distribute leaflets before a game.
How much longer I'll be a member is a different matter. That depends on what action is taken against the sellers and the Trust coming clean and being totally transparent. No more cosy relationships with the club and personal businesses.

I'd love us to stay up, even though I've been looking forward to visiting Burton Albion (only ground not done in the Championship or the contenders for promotion from L1- selfish b'stard really!!) since we introduced sockkerr camps under Booboo.
If we go down and don't do a Newcastle or West Brom boing boing, I'll still be a Seasie holder. Think we'll lose about 5-6000 ST holders though.
Maybe replaced by the walk-ups we've lost for various reasons and a chance to get the local kids hooked again, as we've all been.

Will we be able to get the atmosphere we used to get for 'big' games back (Leeds, Forest, early years PL teams etc)?
Not sure.
Maybe apathy is taking a big hold on us as well.

Nice spot Dar by the way

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

A West Ham fans view on 12:46 - Apr 8 with 2356 viewsKilkennyjack

A West Ham fans view on 11:33 - Apr 8 by union_jack

This rings true. Worries me too.

The money gets slashed and the team suffers.

Lets just hope we stay up.
A win today would be masssive as we are 1 point from 12 over last 4 games.

Come on the black sox 🇺🇸

Beware of the Risen People

A West Ham fans view on 13:10 - Apr 8 with 2268 viewsKingstonJack

Completely agree, though I do remember that awful slide back down from Div 1! The wife & I have some great relaxing days in Putney drinking & watching Fulham with mates who are season ticket holders. They understand the stress of always swimming around the bottom of the Prem & they enjoy the Championship (from a secure position) much more.
A West Ham fans view on 14:24 - Apr 8 with 2055 viewsperchrockjack

Or are we looking to cushion the pain and the ignomy of chucking away a PL spot which increases the profile world wide of Swansea.

People clearly not arsed about being relegated?

Liars every one

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

A West Ham fans view on 14:47 - Apr 8 with 1995 viewsRevJames

A West Ham fans view on 14:24 - Apr 8 by perchrockjack

Or are we looking to cushion the pain and the ignomy of chucking away a PL spot which increases the profile world wide of Swansea.

People clearly not arsed about being relegated?

Liars every one

While world wide PL exposure is important for the economy of Swansea and the wider area, rebuilding the team and running of the club is far more of a priority right now.

If we are relegated, it will be the perfect opportunity for some hard pruning both on and off the field so that we can grow a beautiful garden again
[Post edited 8 Apr 2017 14:47]
A West Ham fans view on 15:28 - Apr 8 with 1910 viewsDafyddHuw

Daz and Lisa - well done both. Sums up the thoughts of thousands, I would say.

I've been through too much shit in my life to worry about which division my team will be playing in next season. Que sera, sra. Who else am I going to support, anyway?

I just want us to play attractive, easy on the eye football, irrespective of the level. And if that means no "success", then so be it.

At the moment, I feel a huge disconnect with the club just like the WH fan. I started a thread about it last season. Many "supporters" scoffed. Personally, I believe that the less of a name we are, the less bollocks there is around the club and the closer the club gets to the fans.

Something is very, very sick with football in this country at the moment. It's certainly not the game I grew up to love.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2017 15:29]
A West Ham fans view on 16:49 - Apr 8 with 1782 viewsSmellyplumz

They should try being a swans fan.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024